ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The 49ers have expressed to others that a deal for QB Alex Smith is effectively DONE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361)

htismaqe 02-24-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9434146)
Chiefsplanet would be happy if the Chiefs would do what basically all other franchises do.

It is really pretty simple isn't it?

okcchief 02-24-2013 07:41 PM

God damn. I this is the last thing I wanted to happen next to Cassel. I guess if they give up a 4th or lower, don't extend him until after the season, and draft another QB it would at least give the dick some lube, but I don't like it one bit. This would be the 4th time in my lifetime we'd get a QB that can't start for the 49ers. I'm 85% sure it's the Chiefs. I have had this sick feeling for a while. I would MUCH rather it be Foles.

****!!!!!

the Talking Can 02-24-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9434173)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...416/alex-smith

stats never tell the whole story

you can't watch a football game and tell me Matt Cassel has anywhere near the talent Alex Smith has

Alex Smith is Trent Green.

Alex Smith played just about every game with a lead this past year...he had two remarkable games, two efficient games, two average games, one below average game and one SHIT game. He was 6-2. And the number is actually 207 but I expected you to add the game where he played 1 quarter before injury and the game where he threw 1 pass to prove your point.

Alex Smith is Trent Green.

no, he isn't

jesus christ...chiefs fans

dirk digler 02-24-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9434167)
they have nothing in common

stop making shit up

Vermeil coached Green, he had worked with him

Green ran the most complicated, aggressive passing offense in the league...

Smith is a vet no one wanted, who was put on a leash and threw for less than 200 yards a game...and was benched the first chance the 49ers had

he could have been signed for nothing last year and no one bit...

and anyways, we never won a playoff game with green

Yep.

If anything Alex Smith is Matt Cassel Part 2.

tk13 02-24-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9434176)
it seems pretty obvious this has been the plan since the beginning...

If it was, they would've already pulled the trigger. It's not a coincidence this is happening the night after the combine. Maybe they were leaning this way already, but none of the QBs obviously did anything to sway their opinion.

Cannibal 02-24-2013 07:42 PM

Rap against Smith is he folds against pressure, sound familiar?

the Talking Can 02-24-2013 07:42 PM

green had 4 4000 yard seasons (or maybe 3)...one which was 4500 yards

he ran a complicated pass offense...Smith is a glorified Damon Huard

BossChief 02-24-2013 07:42 PM

**** the management of this team if they decided to leak information about trading for Alex Smith on a day that Geno Smith shows that he has the exact same tools as Andrew Luck.

Same broad jump
Same 40 time
Same arm
Same accuracy

The difference? Skin color and the team around him.

This is a stopgap type move...they dont like anyone from this class at 1.

Sad, I am.

The Franchise 02-24-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9434185)
If it was, they would've already pulled the trigger. It's not a coincidence this is happening the night after the combine. Maybe they were leaning this way already, but none of the QBs obviously did anything to sway their opinion.

It can't happen until March 12th. So they couldn't have pulled the trigger before now.

CaliforniaChief 02-24-2013 07:43 PM

Who's in for a preemptive SOC twitter strike on the new regime? Let's blast this trial balloon out of the sky with our banner buddy.

Hootie 02-24-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9434167)
they have nothing in common

stop making shit up

Vermeil coached Green, he had worked with him

Green ran the most complicated, aggressive passing offense in the league...

Smith is a vet no one wanted, who was put on a leash and threw for less than 200 yards a game...and was benched the first chance the 49ers had

he could have been signed for nothing last year and no one bit...

and anyways, we never won a playoff game with green

I don't necessarily disagree with any of these points.

I think Alex Smith certainly has a very similar skill set to Trent Green. I think the move would basically be the same move Vermeil made 10 years ago.

I'm not even trying to argue with you. I want Geno Smith at #1.

I'm just giving my opinion on Alex Smith. I think 28 year old Alex Smith has developed to the point where his ceiling is Trent Green and I think he can reach that ceiling instantly with Andy Reid.

I'm not thrilled, this doesn't give me hope, and I don't think we'll win anything of worth with Alex Smith and Andy Reid.

The Franchise 02-24-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9434188)
**** the management of this team if they decided to leak information about trading for Alex Smith on a day that Geno Smith shows that he has the exact same tools as Andrew Luck.

Same broad jump
Same 40 time
Same arm
Same accuracy

The difference? Skin color and the team around him.

This is a stopgap type move...they dont like anyone from this class at 1.

Sad, I am.

They're leaking it, so that they can get teams to offer them a trade for the 1st round pick. This team is ****ing scared.

Hootie 02-24-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9434183)
no, he isn't

jesus christ...chiefs fans

did you watch any Alex Smith games this year?

I'm honestly just curious. How much non Chiefs football do you watch? This isn't an attack I just want to know.

tk13 02-24-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9434189)
It can't happen until March 12th. So they couldn't have pulled the trigger before now.

Why not? They're still pulling the trigger before the official date it's allowed... whoever it is obviously agreed to the deal the night after the QB's did their thing at a combine. Don't overthink it. It's not a coincidence.

the Talking Can 02-24-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9434185)

no, they've been negotiating for awhile...i'd wager this came up in the initial sit down in philly..."what about Smith?"

they didn't spend 15 minutes talking to QBs and watching them throw against air and then make a snap decision...i mean i hope not, that would be embarrassing