ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

Discuss Thrower 07-20-2014 12:41 PM

What kind of return could the Royals get for trading Hosmer, Gordon and Shields right now?

TLO 07-20-2014 12:46 PM

What kind of return could the Royals get for trading Hosmer, Gordon and Shields right now?

BigMeatballDave 07-20-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10756127)
... No.

Alex Gordon is an above-average offensive player and has been the most valuable defensive player in MLB this season. According to Fangraphs, only two players have been more valuable all-around players than Alex Gordon (Mike Trout and Troy Tulowitzki). According to Baseball Reference, he's still top 15.

Eric Hosmer is a below-average offensive player, especially for the position he plays. He's been hitting a little bit of late, but the Royals need(ed) him to be a .500 SLG player and run producer in the middle of the lineup.

Royals look like toast to me, though. The combination of inadequacy running the show (Ned Yost, Dayton Moore) and key offensive players (Eric Hosmer, Billy Butler) failing is just too much to overcome.

I was hopeful before the season that they had improved the team. The pitching and defense have been what I expected. I expected the offense to be at least a little bit improved from last year, but the failings of Hosmer, Butler, Moustakas and Aoki have torpedoed that chance.

Really? Hosmer hit 302 last season. Gordon hit 265. But keep making excuses for a 30+ yr old Gordon.

Discuss Thrower 07-20-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10756166)

This.

TLO 07-20-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10756157)

This.

Anyong Bluth 07-20-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10756166)

Other than our young arms, I would prefer Salvy and Gordon remain.

With respect to Alex, it's debatable, simply depending on what you actually could get in return- which I fear that this club isn't going to be pulling off some sort of stunning trade that is disproportionately a steal for the Royals.

Either we're talking about multiple trades, or a handful of teams have the farm system to work with the talent without completely poaching most of their own bluechip up and coming guys. The Cubs come to mind, and I have little doubt that they are not looking to move talent from their farm system for established / older MLB roster guys.

lewdog 07-20-2014 01:02 PM

TIME TO BE SELLERS

duncan_idaho 07-20-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10756170)
Really? Hosmer hit 302 last season. Gordon hit 265. But keep making excuses for a 30+ yr old Gordon.

Hosmer had a nice season last year, or a nice 2/3 of a season, really.

But batting average is not the end-all, be-all. If you're comparing two players on batting average alone, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not making any excuses for Alex Gordon. He's been a better player than Eric Hosmer this year, and it really isn't close. Gordon has been one of the best players in baseball, period, to this point. Your claim that he has been just as suspect as Hosmer this year is patently ridiculous (almost as ridiculous as the team continuing to hit Gordon down in the lineup and give him fewer ABs than Hosmer).

cmh6476 07-20-2014 01:04 PM

I'd almost rather fug a tranny than watch the royals anymore

Nightfyre 07-20-2014 02:34 PM

**** this team. That is all. Fire Moore now. New GM has 11 days to sell it down and rebuild.

teedubya 07-20-2014 02:34 PM

Looks like the Royals fans have to wait a bit longer than usual after the All-Star break to start watching Major League Baseball again...

lewdog 07-20-2014 02:37 PM

Can we realistically get anything for Butler? Who would want him as an everyday DH. Most teams are platooning that position. Maybe Baltimore???

Bowser 07-20-2014 02:38 PM

They've had all the energy of a weak beer fart out of the gates so far. Just get the **** out of Boston and find a way to hit again.

Nightfyre 07-20-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10756338)
Can we realistically get anything for Butler? Who would want him as an everyday DH. Most teams are platooning that position. Maybe Baltimore???

He would be a good fit for Baltimore, where warning track power translates to home runs.

C3HIEF3S 07-20-2014 02:39 PM

Road Back To .500: Part XI