ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

mikeyis4dcats. 11-27-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin311 (Post 6297257)
Just finished watching the screener of "Precious". Dare I say Oscars. I found Precious to be a tremendous film with some brilliant acting and some great directing as well. Frankly I didn't think this was the type of movie that would normally appeal to me. However as I was watching it I found it to be truly gripping. This movie isn't for the faint of heart mind you. You might shed a tear or two. It's a powerful film that depicts a sad, honest, brutal, disturbing truth. That being said it's also a story about hope and the fight to overcome these hardships. I think a lot of people can probably relate to it in some fashion. Give it a gander if you can. I don't think you'll regret it.

<EMBED height=340 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=560 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/b5FYahzVU44&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

I've heard good things. My wife went to high school with one of the actors.

Pablo 11-27-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6298158)

Haven't watched GI Joe yet.

DO NOT WATCH.

chasedude 11-28-2009 07:45 PM

I watched "The Visitor" tonight. I didn't think I'd like it but it touched me like I couldn't believe. The story was amazing along with a not so happy ending.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0857191/

Stryker 11-28-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 6298218)
DO NOT WATCH.

Bullshit! It is what it is - accept it. Check logic at the door as is with all movies of this type. Be your own judge.

Stryker 11-28-2009 10:24 PM

Ok

Watched:

My Name is Nobody - awesome but the bar slap scene is better in "Trinity is Still my Name"

Orphan - crazy good!

Year One - fell asleep

Push - ok but not quite

Star Trek (2009) - Excellent

Angels and Demons - Excellent

Tonights feature - Trick 'R Treat

Stryker 11-28-2009 10:26 PM

Oops! forgot one!

The Burrowers - "C" to the "R" to the "A" to the "P"!

Hammock Parties 11-28-2009 10:30 PM

I saw Awake last night. It was decent. Would have been better if there had been a plot after the heart transplant, where he tried to divorce his wife without her getting any of his loot.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-28-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6300789)
I saw Awake last night. It was decent. Would have been better if there had been a plot after the heart transplant, where he tried to divorce his wife without her getting any of his loot.

I don't like movies that make me hate Jessica; it's just not right.

Could Hayden possibly BE a worse actor? His wooden approach and delivery are perfect for George though.

Hammock Parties 11-28-2009 10:50 PM

I don't see Hayden as a terrible actor. He's just a one-note actor. He's at least as good of an actor as Kevin Costner.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-28-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6300817)
I don't see Hayden as a terrible actor. He's just a one-note actor. He's at least as good of an actor as Kevin Costner.

Well ****, I don't hate him THAT much.:D

blazzin311 11-29-2009 03:17 AM

Just watched Midgets vs. Mascots. I must say the premise is fricken awesome. As for the movie itself it was pretty damn funny and outrageous all the way through.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ox0JJ_iP52s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ox0JJ_iP52s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BWillie 11-29-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6298072)
Michael Oher was on the show?

Yep. He would not directly answer any questions about the movie at all. He either is the most modest human being of all time and doesn't like the attention - or he's kind of poed at the movie makers for portraying his life. I read up on his life though - it was a pretty close match to the movie - w/ the obvious hollywood shine to it of course.

Sure-Oz 11-29-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6298158)
I'm thinking you had higher expectations of it than I did. I wasn't looking at it as some masterpiece. I expected it to be a continuation of the first. There were some corny parts, and the acting wasn't great, but it met my expectations.

Pelham 123 would have been much better without John Travolta. I had higher expectations for it, and it didn't meet them.

Haven't watched GI Joe yet.

I expected it to be atleast to be as good as the first but it wasn't...and the first was def. not a masterpiece.

Jerm 11-30-2009 12:41 AM

Just watched United 93 for the first time in a long time.

Excellent movie...just so goddamn heartwrenching and sad. Ugh.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 11-30-2009 12:26 PM

Bruno-couldnt finish it, thought it was boring honestly and not funny. if you like dicks circling your tv go for it. stopped it after about 30 min.

I actually thought borat was funny too

Fritz88 11-30-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6305741)
Bruno-couldnt finish it, thought it was boring honestly and not funny. if you like dicks circling your tv go for it. stopped it after about 30 min.

I actually thought borat was funny too

debating whether to watch Bruno or not. The trailers were hilarious. Borat was good.

KCUnited 11-30-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6302322)
Yep. He would not directly answer any questions about the movie at all. He either is the most modest human being of all time and doesn't like the attention - or he's kind of poed at the movie makers for portraying his life. I read up on his life though - it was a pretty close match to the movie - w/ the obvious hollywood shine to it of course.

Reporter from Baltimore was on with Petro earlier and stated that Oher didn't like how he was portrayed in the movie.

Miles 12-01-2009 11:48 PM

Just watched Thirst (latest from Chan-wook Park). If you liked his previous flicks definitely give this a rent as it's more of his usual madness in vampire form.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-01-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6309992)
Just watched Thirst (latest from Chan-wook Park). If you liked his previous flicks definitely give this a rent as it's more of his usual madness in vampire form.

I watched a really bad, Japanese-type vampire movie the other day. I think it was "Blood the last vampire" or some such nonsense.

Miles 12-02-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6310004)
I watched a really bad, Japanese-type vampire movie the other day. I think it was "Blood the last vampire" or some such nonsense.

For some reason I rented that one a few weeks ago as well. For a good part I thought it was pretty entertainingly shitty but it eventually shifted to just shitty.

Sure-Oz 12-02-2009 12:32 AM

The Blind Side was solid...nothing ground breaking but i enjoyed the movie.

Sure-Oz 12-02-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 6305775)
debating whether to watch Bruno or not. The trailers were hilarious. Borat was good.

Maybe you'll get farther than i did....i heard it was hilarious but for some reason i thought i was wasting my time. I thought Borat was funnier, this movie just made me feel stupid through 30 min, the dicks didnt help

Pablo 12-02-2009 12:33 AM

Just saw a commercial for Johnny Depp's 'Public Enemies'...anyone know if it's worth renting or not?

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6310047)
For some reason I rented that one a few weeks ago as well. For a good part I thought it was pretty entertainingly shitty but it eventually shifted to just shitty.

When everyone at the bar turned in to a vampire, that's when I said, "well, game over".

And the ending was about as anti-climactic as old-school, HBO softcore.

Miles 12-02-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 6310053)
Just saw a commercial for Johnny Depp's 'Public Enemies'...anyone know if it's worth renting or not?

I haven't seen it yet but it's Michal Mann so I am definitely looking forward to it.

Fire Me Boy! 12-02-2009 07:12 AM

I watch Funny People yesterday.... it was a lot darker than I expected, and I thought it was pretty damn good. Was a little long though, seemed to drag. Although, I did watch the extended DVD cut, so I'm not sure if the theatrical version drug as much.

patteeu 12-02-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6310181)
I watch Funny People yesterday.... it was a lot darker than I expected, and I thought it was pretty damn good. Was a little long though, seemed to drag. Although, I did watch the extended DVD cut, so I'm not sure if the theatrical version drug as much.

I watched it last week and thought pretty much the same thing.

Frazod 12-02-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 6310081)
I haven't seen it yet but it's Michal Mann so I am definitely looking forward to it.

It was solid. I still don't think Depp was the best choice to play Dillinger but he did a good job. Definitely worth a rental if you haven't seen it. I may even buy it.

Sure-Oz 12-02-2009 01:07 PM

I finally saw Star Trek-great movie, wish i saw it in theaters

Reaper16 12-02-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6310996)

Just watched it on Blu-Ray the other night. It sold me on Blu-Ray, heh.

blazzin311 12-02-2009 04:53 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fm4BdkOXfxk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fm4BdkOXfxk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Watched this last night. Dare I say that the Nicolas Cage that I used to know and love is back? This is the first Nic Cage performance I think I've enjoyed in quite a while. Somewhat reminiscent of Leaving Las Vegas, as far as his performance goes. The film itself was rather good as well. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it. I've seen others compare it to Harvey Keitel's "Bad Lieutenant", though I cannot verify this as I've not seen the movie with Keitel. At the same time though I've heard others say this version is extremely different and in fact more loosely based on the one with Keitel rather than entirely based on it. Either way I enjoyed this one and Nic Cage is primarily the reason why. Judge for yourself I guess.

Sure-Oz 12-02-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6311245)
Just watched it on Blu-Ray the other night. It sold me on Blu-Ray, heh.

It had a gorgeous transfer and sound for sure

KCChiefsMan 12-02-2009 09:40 PM

well I watched Terminator Salvation, everybody said it was going to suck and maybe that lowered my expectations, but I liked it. It wasn't James Cameron good, but it was good. Although, I didn't care much for the ending because that probably would not end well. But other than that, I thought it was a nice addition to one of my favorite movie series. I am a big fan of the Terminator series btw, so maybe I was being homeristic. But 3.5 stars out of 5.

KCChiefsMan 12-02-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6310996)

ya, I really liked it too

Fire Me Boy! 12-02-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6312444)
well I watched Terminator Salvation, everybody said it was going to suck and maybe that lowered my expectations, but I liked it. It wasn't James Cameron good, but it was good. Although, I didn't care much for the ending because that probably would not end well. But other than that, I thought it was a nice addition to one of my favorite movie series. I am a big fan of the Terminator series btw, so maybe I was being homeristic. But 3.5 stars out of 5.

You have no credibility here.

Wanna watch Dick Tracy?

PunkinDrublic 12-03-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6310050)
The Blind Side was solid...nothing ground breaking but i enjoyed the movie.

Inspirational sports movies are almost always cliched. But I enjoy the cliche.

OnTheWarpath15 12-03-2009 12:08 PM

Watched this on my PS3 via Netflix last night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0912593/

Easy 6 12-03-2009 12:15 PM

I'm watching Terminator Salvation later today for the first time, every sign seems to say 'dont expect a great movie' despite Bales presence & top drawer effects.

Still looking forward to it though.

Sure-Oz 12-03-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 6313548)
I'm watching Terminator Salvation later today for the first time, every sign seems to say 'dont expect a great movie' despite Bales presence & top drawer effects.

Still looking forward to it though.

Basically the movie doesnt have as much Bale and John Connor story as you'd think. Oh and the end is kindve LOL but i still somewhat enjoyed it

KCChiefsMan 12-03-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6312459)
You have no credibility here.

Wanna watch Dick Tracy?

oh come on, I'm a Terminator fan, maybe that helped.

Fire Me Boy! 12-03-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6313996)
oh come on, I'm a Terminator fan, maybe that helped.

So am I, but T:S was bad. Not T3 bad, but still bad.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-03-2009 05:01 PM

TS was total shite.

KCChiefsMan 12-03-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6314416)

the ending was terrible, but I enjoyed the movie. But I wasn't going in expecting a masterpiece either.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-03-2009 06:43 PM

lie with me

HOT movie....don't watch it with your parents, watch it with a girl you're ****ing.

Sure-Oz 12-03-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6314416)

Agreed....had alot of potential...i expected more cool terminator shit. the only bright spot was the dude that was in avatar and he couldnt save it (t3 def. shouldve never happend)

Buehler445 12-03-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6314683)
lie with me

HOT movie....don't watch it with your parents, watch it with a girl you're ****ing.

Interesting. I checked out the summary on IMDB. I might try to check this one out.

luv 12-04-2009 09:04 PM

Going to the 10:35 showing of Boondock Saints 2 tonight.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2009 09:24 PM

I'll wait to rent it, the first one was ok

luv 12-04-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6317316)
I'll wait to rent it, the first one was ok

I'm bored, and feeling a little lonely. I'll go surround myself with strangers and let my mind go numb for a few hours.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6317324)
I'm bored, and feeling a little lonely. I'll go surround myself with strangers and let my mind go numb for a few hours.

Nothing better to see, i assume you saw blindside

KCChiefsMan 12-05-2009 04:23 AM

if you were ever thinking about renting The Ugly Truth, don't. It sucks bawls

luv 12-05-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6317378)
Nothing better to see, i assume you saw blindside

Yep. I saw The Blind Side on opening night. LOVED it.

The Boondock Saints 2 started off completely cheesy (even for my standards), but it had enough funny parts to make up for it. The plot was weak, and the acting sucked, but it really was comedic gold in some parts. Definitely worth a rent, but don't go see it in the theater.

Aries Walker 12-05-2009 11:38 AM

Never saw Hellboy. Just watched it last night. Awesome.

blaise 12-06-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 6317902)
Never saw Hellboy. Just watched it last night. Awesome.

I liked Hellboy better than the Dark Knight.

KCUnited 12-06-2009 08:36 AM

Sin Nombre.

It was alright, hour and a half, right up my alley timewise. Could've been a little more ruthless but it got the point across. Fit in with the Gangland maraton I watched yesterday as well.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-06-2009 11:00 AM

Watching The Goods, Live Hard Sell Hard. It's appearing to suck about 20 minutes in.

Sure-Oz 12-06-2009 11:15 AM

The movie did suck

underEJ 12-07-2009 06:53 PM

Finally watched Watchmen last night. Aside from a little pacing problem, I liked it. Based on the word of mouth (fanboy backlash against average viewers etc.) I was expecting a mess that didn't make much sense. I expected to think it was way too long, but the pacing problem seems to me it needed more time in the slower parts for reflection which is contrary to the laws of action movies, but not contrary to how a person processes when they read. A tough adaptation for sure.

KCChiefsMan 12-07-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 6320282)

well that's just stupid, sorry. Unless you are a hardcore Hellboy fan I guess :doh!:

Easy 6 12-08-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 6327097)
Finally watched Watchmen last night. Aside from a little pacing problem, I liked it. Based on the word of mouth (fanboy backlash against average viewers etc.) I was expecting a mess that didn't make much sense. I expected to think it was way too long, but the pacing problem seems to me it needed more time in the slower parts for reflection which is contrary to the laws of action movies, but not contrary to how a person processes when they read. A tough adaptation for sure.

Great take & i'd heard the same things before i rented it... 'hard to follow', 'only if you follow the comic', 'doesnt follow the comic the right way' etc.

But i stepped right into it & really liked it... i even kinda diagree about the pacing, to me each slower scene was rewarded with a further bizarre revelation in the story

It didnt feel like any Superhero movie ever, +1 for originality.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

They're both good in their own way. I think DK get's more love because of Ledger's early demise.

Aries Walker 12-08-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Just saw Hellboy 2. Liked it even better, especially since it had some of the best fight choreography I've ever seen. Also, Abe Sapien rocks.

Dark Knight really was not that great a movie if you discount Ledger's inhumanly great performance as Joker. The pacing was so-so, the plot was predictable, Two-Face wasn't menacing, Bale was annoying with his constant growl, the action scenes were lifeless, and the movie went on too long.

Easy 6 12-08-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 6328000)
Dark Knight really was not that great a movie if you discount Ledger's inhumanly great performance as Joker. The pacing was so-so, the plot was predictable, Two-Face wasn't menacing, Bale was annoying with his constant growl, the action scenes were lifeless, and the movie went on too long.

Each word of this post is more useless than the last, if you ask me.

DK took 'Superhero Movies' to a brand new level IMO.

blaise 12-08-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6327787)
well that's just stupid, sorry. Unless you are a hardcore Hellboy fan I guess :doh!:

No, not really. It's just that 3/4 of the way through the Dark Knight I was looking at my watch wondering if they were ever going to wrap it up. It was good, but by the time it ended I was ready for it to be over.

Reaper16 12-08-2009 12:41 AM

Watched Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut on blu-ray tonight. SWEET.

irishjayhawk 12-08-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6328066)

Better than theatrical?

KCWolfman 12-08-2009 12:09 PM

Absolutely nothing worth watching this Christmas except for Sherlock Holmes.

This has to be one of the worst holiday movie seasons in my memory.

Aries Walker 12-08-2009 12:27 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Invictus, which opens Friday.

Reaper16 12-08-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6328206)
Better than theatrical?

Yeah. The 'Black Freighter' material is woven into the film nicely and it helps with my main complaint that the theatrical cut was paced too quickly (which seems absurd for a cut that was 2 hours and 40 minutes, but hey, Watchmen is some dense stuff). The Ultimate Cut gets the film closer to the fully-realized artistic statement that it should be.

irishjayhawk 12-08-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 6328912)
I'm looking forward to seeing Invictus, which opens Friday.

Me too.

Frazod 12-08-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6328973)
Yeah. The 'Black Freighter' material is woven into the film nicely and it helps with my main complaint that the theatrical cut was paced too quickly (which seems absurd for a cut that was 2 hours and 40 minutes, but hey, Watchmen is some dense stuff). The Ultimate Cut gets the film closer to the fully-realized artistic statement that it should be.

Goddammit! Now I have to buy this one too. :cuss:

Buck 12-08-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6328066)

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6328206)
Better than theatrical?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6328973)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6330085)
Goddammit! Now I have to buy this one too. :cuss:

****in lame.

I bought The Black Freighter when it first came out on Blu-Ray and then Watchmen when it came out, and now there is one w/ it interlaced?

Did they cut in the "Under the Hood" stuff too?

KcMizzou 12-08-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6330132)
****in lame.

I bought The Black Freighter when it first came out on Blu-Ray and then Watchmen when it came out, and now there is one w/ it interlaced?

You had to know it was coming.

Buck 12-08-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6330134)
You had to know it was coming.

To me it doesn't really matter, but I didn't think about that at first.

I still haven't seen the whole movie. I watched the first hour when I first bought it and haven't seen it since.

KcMizzou 12-08-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6330151)
To me it doesn't really matter, but I didn't think about that at first.

I still haven't seen the whole movie. I watched the first hour when I first bought it and haven't seen it since.

Kind of like the Lord of the Rings movies. I love 'em, but damn... that's a serious time investment.

I'll have to get that Ultimate cut. I'll probably watch it once right away, and not see in again for maybe a year or two. Part of it is the fact that I just like knowing I have it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6330202)
Kind of like the Lord of the Rings movies. I love 'em, but damn... that's a serious time investment.

I'll have to get that Ultimate cut. I'll probably watch it once right away, and not see in again for maybe a year or two. Part of it is the fact that I just like knowing I have it.

Sitting in a theater for that shit, for THAT long?

No...****ing...way, Jose.

Reaper16 12-08-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6330132)
****in lame.

Did they cut in the "Under the Hood" stuff too?

I declined to buy Watchmen when it came out because they had already announced the 5-disc Ultimate Cut release that came out a few weeks ago. I patiently waited.

The 'Under the Hood' material is NOT woven into this cuto the film (though it is included on disc 3).

Baby Lee 12-10-2009 06:30 AM

Non Sequitur at least tangentially related to Movies. A little snippet of music from the trailer for Eric Bana's 'Love the Beast,' an apparent auto-documentary of him growing up rally racing with the same car [the beast in question], . . . anyway just a little snippet of music from it was driving me crazy with remembrance and yearning to hear more. So I spent the morning trying to track it down. Surely it's on one of my favorite albums, . . no? Surely something I bought this year, . . . no?
Turns out I'd heard it once, . . . a year or so ago, . . when I saw that youtube of that guy doing all them urban mountain biking trickety-tricks.

Band of Horses - The Funeral. Great song, and if it stuck with me like that more than a year later, better put the album on an Xmas list.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/srI1rSORJ2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/srI1rSORJ2E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z19zFlPah-o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z19zFlPah-o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DeepPurple 12-10-2009 02:09 PM

I saw "Public Enemies" last night, it was better than I expected, gave it 8 stars. It has some good shootouts and quite a bit of violence, if you remember liking the "The Untouchables" from 1987 then you would like this film. The only negative I would say is the audio. I've got a terrific 5.1 system in my home and of course every amp is different, but on my Sony I usually listen to DVD's on volume 20 - 28, and I had to turn it up to 42 to understand what they were saying. Unfortunately, when there is a shootout the sound will blow you away, I wish they would get the sound more leveled on these newer films.

Since I only go to the movies about once every 7 or 8 years, next week I actually can talk about a DVD I've seen. "District 9" is coming out, and if your not even a big sci-fi fan like myself, you'll still enjoy this film for it's originally and special effects.

Sure-Oz 12-10-2009 08:18 PM

When i bought watchmen dc i also got tales of the black freighter free on a seperate dvd