ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

ILChief 11-24-2012 12:52 PM

I am trying to not get my hopes because I could easily see this franchise passing on him for a lineman and signing another castoff QB

Bewbies 11-24-2012 12:53 PM

If one wants to compare Geno to Obama one does it over in the DC forum.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9146079)

This.

SAUTO 11-24-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145796)
What? He hasn't even done more with less this year. Wilson lost three of his best four WRs to the draft and then lost his HC. He's in the same situation as Drew Brees and some would argue he has faired better.

? Huh?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink 11-24-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9146079)

You misunderstood. I did go back and clarify. But too expect and accept no more than Josh Freeman type play for Geno is just unacceptable because IMO Geno can be a helluva a lot better than Freeman. Just saying:rolleyes:

Pasta Little Brioni 11-24-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145643)
For the record, he doesn't remind me of any former black QB. He reminds me of Matt Cassel with a stronger arm. He doesn't play to win. He plays not to lose and he can't lead a team from behind. What he did yesterday isn't going to work like that in the pros.

Holy balls. Your vacation made you dumber.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9146180)

It's quite astounding how little Soren knows for a sports jock, yes...

Sorter 11-24-2012 05:14 PM

LMAOLMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9146180)

NJChiefsFan 11-24-2012 05:18 PM

He started as a poster that just was stubborn and arrogant. Now he is just trolling I think.

Three7s 11-24-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9146735)
He started as a poster that just was stubborn and arrogant. Now he is just trolling I think.

Obviously. The guy gets a thrill out of our reaction.

NJChiefsFan 11-24-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9146781)
Obviously. The guy gets a thrill out of our reaction.

Must be fun having enough free time to spend it trying to piss off strangers on the internet.

BossChief 11-24-2012 05:53 PM

He is the kind of guy that would cover his body in shit and pee if it got people to give him attention.

Three7s 11-24-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9146816)
Must be fun having enough free time to spend it trying to piss off strangers on the internet.

It's silly. He keeps on blabbing about how Geno will be nothing at the pro level and states completely false reasoning to support his statements. I counter his statements and he doesn't even bother replying because he knows he'd be embarrassed.

I just wish he'd admit he's trolling.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9146850)
He is the kind of guy that would cover his body in shit and pee if it got people to give him attention.

This is the sort of thing people say when you say something bad about Geno or any other mob mentality BS. Take note people. It's how this place works. It will be something else this time next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9146898)
It's silly. He keeps on blabbing about how Geno will be nothing at the pro level and states completely false reasoning to support his statements. I counter his statements and he doesn't even bother replying because he knows he'd be embarrassed.

I just wish he'd admit he's trolling.

Look dude, I am not trolling. The shit I am telling you is the truth. The knocks I have on Geno aren't just coming from me. You will see soon enough.

the Talking Can 11-25-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148096)
This is the sort of thing people say when you say something bad about Geno or any other mob mentality BS. Take note people. It's how this place works. It will be something else this time next year.

Look dude, I am not trolling. The shit I am telling you is the truth. The knocks I have on Geno aren't just coming from me. You will see soon enough.

shouldn't you be at Arrowhead watching 'tape'?

SAUTO 11-25-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148096)

why are you the only one getting to see these "knocks" coming from other people?

ohhhhh.

kiper and Mayock take turns on your mouth
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9148110)
why are you the only one getting to see these "knocks" coming from other people?

ohhhhh.

kiper and Mayock take turns on your mouth
Posted via Mobile Device

It's got nothing to do with Kiper and Mayock. I have been doing this for a while. I listen and pay attention. I look for certain things. I value different specific things that your average fan does not. I'm not coming up with all of this shit myself. Listen to the scouts and watch the tape. It's that easy. Sometimes you are right and sometimes you are wrong.

What I can tell you about Geno is that he is not difficult to evaluate. His flaws are very easy to see.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148120)
It's got nothing to do with Kiper and Mayock. I have been doing this for a while. I listen and pay attention. I look for certain things. I value different specific things that your average fan does not. I'm not coming up with all of this shit myself. Listen to the scouts and watch the tape. It's that easy. Sometimes you are right and sometimes you are wrong.

What I can tell you about Geno is that he is not difficult to evaluate. His flaws are very easy to see.

Lol.YOU look for certain things, YOU value other things average fans don't. Then you tell me to listen to the scouts and watch a you tube video.

You ARE Scott Pioli aren't you?

the Mccluster and Jackson picks are suddenly making sense in a mentally disabled sort of way...
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 11-25-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148120)

jesus...you really think you're a scout because you watched a youtube video

you are a psychopath...a real one...

what kind of asshole would type what you just typed and believe it?

SAUTO 11-25-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9148143)

Hey I am really starting to believe we are talking to Scott Pioli here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

What? No...LMAO It's a hobby dumbass.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 09:43 AM

I mean what other asshole would suggest taking manti teo at one overall and THEN say the new wage scale makes it EASIER to take THE SAFE pick?

What kind of ****ed up logic is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9148157)
I mean what other asshole would suggest taking manti teo at one overall and THEN say the new wage scale makes it EASIER to take THE SAFE pick?

What kind of ****ed up logic is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

When did I say any of that ****face? I didn't say it was the safe pick and I didn't say it made it easier. I said it made it plausible. Leadership is our number one need. What Te'o has done this year is special. Go **** a pizza pie.

Rausch 11-25-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

By no means is this a defense of fullpants-upchuck but I'm also just a fan.

All I have is 1 game, a bunch of youtube, and the combines (when the time comes.)

Right now, the dirty Prole that I am, I'm not wanting to lose games or trade up for Geno. I don't look at him like a Luck or RGIII.

the Talking Can 11-25-2012 09:48 AM

let's get shit straight, once, forever:

black reerun has never watched an actual game of Smith's...not one
black reerun doesn't know any scouts
black reerun hasn't 'listened' to any scouts
black reerun hasn't watched any 'tape' of any player...ever
black reerun is probably a psychopath, and everyone that knows him - his coworkers, his boss, his mom, his diabetic cat, his fleshlight, the entire internet - hates him

once you realize the previous statements are true, his posts make perfect sense

SAUTO 11-25-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148160)
When did I say any of that ****face? I didn't say it was the safe pick and I didn't say it made it easier. I said it made it plausible. Leadership is our number one need. What Te'o has done this year is special. Go **** a pizza pie.

No you said it made it easier to take a "solid" player.

Solid = safe in this instance to everyone but you Scott.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 11-25-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9148167)
let's get shit straight, once, forever:
...black reerun is probably a psychopath, and everyone that knows him - his coworkers, his boss, his mom, his diabetic cat, his fleshlight, the entire internet - hates him.

LMAO

the Talking Can 11-25-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9148166)
By no means is this a defense of fullpants-upchuck but I'm also just a fan.

All I have is 1 game, a bunch of youtube, and the combines (when the time comes.)

Right now, the dirty Prole that I am, I'm not wanting to lose games or trade up for Geno. I don't look at him like a Luck or RGIII.

which is fine...

you're being honest...

none of us 'has watched tape' though...and none of us has watched 0 games of Smith...

i haven't watched enough of Wilson to have an opinion, so I don't hang out in the Wilson thread telling everyone what the truth about Wilson is....probably because I'm not insane

SAUTO 11-25-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9148172)
which is fine...

you're being honest...

none of us 'has watched tape' though...and none of us has watched 0 games of Smith...

i haven't watched enough of Wilson to have an opinion, so I don't hang out in the Wilson thread telling everyone what the truth about Wilson is....probably because I'm not insane

This. I'm in the same boat. I don't have many posts in the Wilson thread for that same reason, hell I have even watched the you tube video a of Wilson but those are made by someone with an agenda
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam 11-25-2012 09:59 AM

First ignore complete. Buh bye woodchuck

Everyone else please follow suit, and those of you who cant, dont quote him!

Saccopoo 11-25-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9146052)
You are the only person that puts geno in the same class as luck and rgIII.

Off this board. And on chiefs planet. Even SNR, his biggest fan, has said as much.

So please. Just stop. People like your enthusiasm but nobody agrees with you. Geno is a better prospect than a lot of top qbs over the years, but please stop bringing luck and rgIII into this.

That's your opinion. Not mine.

As it stands right now, at the same stage, I like Geno Smith as an NFL prospect better than I did Robert Griffin. I've already stated why numerous times, so I'm not going to go into detail yet again, but that's my understanding of it after watching multiple games of both players over the past two/three years.

Andrew Luck was as perfect a prospect as anyone has seen in 30 years and he was IMO, more polished than Elway, though he lacked Elways ultimate arm strength. The Colts weren't going to trade out of that pick for ten drafts. After a decade plus of Peyton Manning, they fully understood the importance of a franchise QB and they knew it was time to move on.

Was Andrew Luck was a better prospect than Geno? Yes. However, I think that Geno is as good as it's been for the position as an NFL prospect outside of Luck in the past two decades. He's got a lot of the tools you want and he's got high level instincts that can't be taught that only the elite usually have. He's got a huge amount of experience at the position at a high level, has shown the ability to win big games and has kept his poise and production when there has been adversity (such as this season with the WVU defense).

And, despite the adversity he's had this year in terms of a supporting cast outside of Austin and Bailey, he's put up numbers that were near identical to Luck, who operated out of a pro set with three future NFL offensive linemen and a Top 20 defense, and Griffin, who operated out of a true spread system. That ain't chopped liver.

DeezNutz 11-25-2012 10:38 AM

For as much shit as Sac (justifiably) receives because of his o-line fetish and criticisms of Albert, his general football acumen is pretty high. The fact that he's planting his flag so firmly in the Geno Smith soil should give even the biggest skeptics pause and reason to reconsider their position a bit.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9148271)
For as much shit as Sac (justifiably) receives because of his o-line fetish and criticisms of Albert, his general football acumen is pretty high. The fact that he's planting his flag so firmly in the Geno Smith soil should give even the biggest skeptics pause and reason to reconsider their position a bit.

this a thousand times. I thought he would be the one guy screaming for o line. But he's not. Its like bizarro world
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 11-25-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

There has been no one that has given Sac more shit than I have, but I am in full agreement with everything that Sac has posted regarding Geno Smith, including his opinion regarding Smith and RGIII.

I am higher on Smith than any QB that has been drafted in the last several years, outside of Luck.

Rausch 11-25-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9148185)
First ignore complete. Buh bye woodchuck

Everyone else please follow suit, and those of you who cant, dont quote him!

I've been asking you assholes to do this for OVER A ****ING DECADE with memyselfislamicfundamentalist but NONE of you inconsiderate ****ers ever listen.

REQUEST DENIED...

Saccopoo 11-25-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148160)

You are completely certifiable.

Te'o has had a great year.

But he's a ****ing middle linebacker. A good one, yes, but you can get Stanford's Shane Skov at possibly the top of the third and he's damn near as good as Te'o is and has had the same production numbers over his career. Same size as well.

While, on the other hand, you've got Geno Smith, who, despite the argumentations over slight semantics, is regarded as one of the better pro prospects at his position in recent memory.

Let's do the math for the Chiefs:

Middle linebackers: Derrick Johnson, who is coming off a recent Pro Bowl and Jovan Belcher, who is well regarded by personnel guys in the NFL.

or

Quarterbacks: Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi (who can't beat out either Cassel and Quinn, and we all now know how bad Cassel and Quinn are at this point in their careers).

Hmmmmmm....:hmmm:

That's a tough one right there...

Rausch 11-25-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148279)
There has been no one that has given Sac more shit than I have, but I am in full agreement with everything that Sac has posted regarding Geno Smith, including his opinion regarding Smith and RGIII.

This I want to hear.

Give me the short version...

SAUTO 11-25-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9148295)
This I want to hear.

Give me the short version...

Its all here, in this thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 11-25-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9148365)
Its all here, in this thread
Posted via Mobile Device

I said short version...

RealSNR 11-25-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Sac? Pssh. Your confidence and faith in Geno is strong because of ME. Admit it.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9148372)
I said short version...

Search Sac's posts. He's only typed it out about fifty times.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 11-25-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

At this point, the offensive line is pretty solid. I would have liked to have seen different players drafted? Yep, but that's hindsight and what we have is what we have and I think it's pretty good at this point.

Albert has gotten better this year and it would be a mistake to replace him at this point unless the Chiefs run into contractual problems with him this offseason as he's a free agent. I wouldn't give him crazy money, but he's played to the point and has the experience that he's worth a resigning.

However, you also have to consider that Cassel is one of the worst starting QB's in the league and Winston has already stated that it's more difficult to block for him because of his drop backs. (And Haley/Gailey knew this and that's why you saw a focus on reducing his steps out of under center. Daboll is just a lost cause at this point, so I don't give a shit what happens from here on out.)

And Geno Smith is, at this point, as good a prospect as I've seen at the QB position. You never pass that up, especially when you've got a QB situation like the Chiefs. A guy like Smith, who has uncanny pocket awareness, would immediately make this offensive line substantially better. Top 5/10 level, IMO, especially considering the running back situation of Charles and Hillis. (Who has gotten some shit on this board, but it's hard to run in-between the tackles when there is constantly eight/nine guys in the box. As well, Daboll hasn't utilized Hillis very well when he's been in the lineup. The guy has great, soft hands and should be getting H-back type reps. But again, the limitations at the QB position is holding guys like that back, including McCluster, who is a clone of what Geno Smith is currently working with at WVU in Tavon Austin.)

No, I realize team needs and it's a damn near perfect storm for the Chiefs in terms of having the chance to take a high quality QB prospect when they need it the most.

Geno Smith.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 11:25 AM

Ok I've been studying all the qbs, because lets face it we've been out of this season for over a month, and if we draft a qb which we should two names geno smith or Tyler Wilson are the only two I think we should consider.

Like sac I got on geno smith bandwagon early. I love the kids attitude and how he excites the crowd we all know chiefs fans need that. I know all the spread talk is what is hurting him but he did play under center early in his career so you know he can do it. He throws off his back foot but he still throws bombs. All of this are mechanics this can be worked on , but smith does have the thing that most of you that know me on here I say we need at qb the leadership and it factor. Geno is the type of guy when the chips are down will say I'm taking you guys on my back we will win. Now why I really like geno is humility. After that amazing performance vs Baylor he didn't once talk bout himself, unlike cassel, but praised all his teammates. I also heard an interview after Oklahoma game where the D lost the game he took responsibility for the loss by saying he could've been better. Cassel once this year has taken the blame it's allways the teams fault hell the team didn't fumble at the one u did. So since this is a geno thread won't talk bout Tyler but in my mind these two are close with slight edge to smith. Ok sorry for long post just wanted to give my two cents.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148279)

I am higher on Smith than any QB that has been drafted in the last several years, outside of Luck.

I usually respect your opinion. But rgIII does the same things geno does as a pocket passer (in my opinion, better). But rgIII also has ability to extend plays if he can't make a lightning fast read in a way geno is athletically incapable of.

Genos a good prospect. But sac is saying he is as good if not better prospect than both luck and rgIII. And that is just crazy talk.

Rausch 11-25-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9148376)

Convincing argument...

Rausch 11-25-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO
Its all here, in this thread...

Convincing argument...

milkman 11-25-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9148446)
I usually respect your opinion. But rgIII does the same things geno does as a pocket passer (in my opinion, better). But rgIII also has ability to extend plays if he can't make a lightning fast read in a way geno is athletically incapable of.

Genos a good prospect. But sac is saying he is as good if not better prospect than both luck and rgIII. And that is just crazy talk.

You are a dipshit whose opinions are couched in really nicely articulated dipshittery.

Geno Smith's pocket awareness is more advanced at this point in his career than RGIII's was.

He is not as athletically gifted, but he has the mobility to extend plays with his legs, and is better at keeping his eyes downfield than any college QB I've seen in years, except Luck.

RGIII extended plays, but a lot of what he did was dumpoffs after breaking containment, while Smith throws the ball all over the yard, because his vision is better downfield.

And your whole "RGIII is less likely to bust because he can run" is some of the dumbest shit ever.

Michael Vick never busted for that reason, but there's no way in hell I want that type of QB.

RGIII is not going to bust because he is a smart kid that will excel as a pocket passer.

Geno Smith will excel for that same reason.

The short of this is that you are a blowhard dumbass.

milkman 11-25-2012 11:41 AM

Oh, and sac has not claimed once that geno is a better prospect than Luck, you dumbass.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 11:46 AM

Preach on milkman I can't believe I am agreeing but I too really like his pocket awareness too and he's a film rat loves to know bout his opponent. Mechanics can be worked on what geno has you can't teach.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 11:48 AM

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take two forward . If this season finally gets rid of cassel and pioli and gets a quality starter at qb, all these embarrassing loses are worth it.

CaliforniaChief 11-25-2012 11:49 AM

Add to this that Geno Smith is highly intelligent. The New York Times ran a piece on him in September.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/sp...pagewanted=all

A few highlights for the lazy:
Grouped with other students classified as gifted, Smith was taught an advanced curriculum emphasizing creativity and the arts. He wrote stories and poetry, acted in the school’s production of “The Nutcracker” and competed in chess tournaments. In fifth grade, he won an oratorical contest reciting work by the poet Langston Hughes. But he enjoyed sketching cartoon characters the most.

“If it’s not right, I’m not just going to leave it alone,” Smith said. “I want things to be right and be perfect.” With football, as in his art, the result needed to be “exactly the way you wanted it to come out, or how you’ve seen it in your mind.”

Coach Dana Holgorsen arrived in 2011 with his Air Raid offense, Smith threw for 4,385 yards, fourth most in the country. The Air Raid — predicated on matching a dozen route combinations to get receivers in open space — required a quarterback with a certain mental capacity, Holgorsen said. At Miramar, Smith had designed his own plays. Now, some opponents begged Smith to ease up. On a given snap, Smith read defenses, forecast which receivers would be open, felt pressure, counted time using an internal clock, faked to the options he knew were futile and found an open receiver and led him to an empty pocket of grass.

This kind of intelligence is a requirement to be elite.

Rausch 11-25-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148490)
Oh, and sac has not claimed once that geno is a better prospect than Luck, you dumbass.

Is that to me or am I missing something?...

DeezNutz 11-25-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9148376)

Indeed.

There are a lot of high-quality, intelligent posters on the Smith bandwagon, and it seems pretty clear that he's the #1 QB in this draft.

milkman 11-25-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9148508)
Is that to me or am I missing something?...

Directed at Chiefzilla.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 11:55 AM

Deeznuts thanks

I'm still going back and forth who will better though I love geno but the Wilson kid to go through with what he has had to at Arkansas this year shows a lot of moxy. This is what this team could use too. So the guys backing geno why is he the pick over Wilson.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148483)
You are a dipshit whose opinions are couched in really well thought out dipshittery.

Geno Smith's pocket awareness is more advanced at this point in his career than RGIII's was.

He is not as athletically gifted, but he has the mobility to extend plays with his legs, and is better at keeping his eyes downfield than any college QB I've seen in years, except Luck.

RGIII extended plays, but a lot of what he did was dumpoffs after breaking containment, while Smith throws the ball all over the yard, because his vision is better downfield.

And your whole "RGIII is less likely to bust because he can run" is some of the dumbest shit ever.

Michael Vick never busted for that reason, but there's no way in hell I want that type of QB.

RGIII is not going to bust because he is a smart kid that will excel as a pocket passer.

Geno Smith will excel for that same reason.

The short of this is that you are a blowhard dumbass.

And there you go. Again putting words in people's mouths.
I said when an absolute worst case scenario is to be a running qb like Vick, that's a really good floor. I said the more realistic floor for rgIII is he is a pocket qb with ability to extend pass plays with his mobility. Don't sell this bullshit story that I have ever said I like rgIII because I think he is a running qb like Vick.

I get your point that you think geno has better pocket presence than rgIII. But I'm sorry, the speed disadvantage... Geno can't extend plays in the same way rgIII can. You can't design an offense around moving geno around in the pocket like Washington can with rgIII. Geno is a qb who you don't want to use athleticism unless it is a last resort. Geno HAS to succeed by making lightning quick decisions as a pocket passer. RgIII should and can, but he doesn't need to. Tremendous difference.

Rausch 11-25-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9148503)
Add to this that Geno Smith is highly intelligent.

On a given snap, Smith read defenses, forecast which receivers would be open, felt pressure, counted time using an internal clock, faked to the options he knew were futile and found an open receiver and led him to an empty pocket of grass. [/I]

"Smith threw ball. COMPLETED BALL! Smith had internal clock."

Horribly written.

Quote:

RGIII and Luck had elite intelligence. That is rare.

He's smart enough to know when and how to hit wide open WR's...

milkman 11-25-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9148538)
And there you go. Again putting words in people's mouths.
I said when an absolute worst case scenario is to be a running qb like Vick, that's a really good floor. I said the more realistic floor for rgIII is he is a pocket qb with ability to extend pass plays with his mobility. Don't sell this bullshit story that I have ever said I like rgIII because I think he is a running qb like Vick.

I get your point that you think geno has better pocket presence than rgIII. But I'm sorry, the speed disadvantage... Geno can't extend plays in the same way rgIII can. You can't design an offense around moving geno around in the pocket like Washington can with rgIII. Geno is a qb who you don't want to use athleticism unless it is a last resort. Geno HAS to succeed by making lightning quick decisions as a pocket passer. RgIII should and can, but he doesn't need to. Tremendous difference.

You are full of shit.

I am not putting words into your mouth.

I didn't say that you said he was running QB Michael Vick, but you did say his absolute floor is exactly that.

And I don't give a rat's ass if you can't design an offense to use Smith's mobility like you can wirh RGIII, though, surprise, I disagree with you on that too, but Smith has the mobility to escape pressure and extend plays.

You try to make this case that he has to make quick decision from the pocket, and as I said to start this post, you arte full of shit, you dipshit.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148490)

Don't give me that bullshit.

He is comparing Genos stats to luck and using lucks interception track record as justification for wh his success was overstated.

He continues to imply that luck succeeded because of talent whereas geno doesn't have that. I pushed back and said lucks biggest reason for success was much more about a flawless skill set and off the charts football iq. Sac is selling to us that geno could step into Stanford and do the same things luck did.

He is trying to downplay lucks resume, trying to imply luck wouldn't have succeeded with Genos supporting cast, and strongly implying that geno could have succeeded in Stanford's football iq heavy offense in the same way luck did.

Give me a break. Just because he's on your side now doesnt mean ou should act like all of a sudden his exaggerated optimism is suddenly acceptable.

RealSNR 11-25-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9148537)
Deeznuts thanks

I'm still going back and forth who will better though I love geno but the Wilson kid to go through with what he has had to at Arkansas this year shows a lot of moxy. This is what this team could use too. So the guys backing geno why is he the pick over Wilson.

Watch the tape /BlackBob

RealSNR 11-25-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9148603)
He is trying to downplay lucks resume, trying to imply luck wouldn't have succeeded with Genos supporting cast, and strongly implying that geno could have succeeded in Stanford's football iq heavy offense in the same way luck did.

See, this is the circle that happens. Somebody makes a bold claim one way or the other, then the person who AGREES with that person regarding the player but not the bold claim steps in and says stuff like this shit.

Geno Smith has a very, very high football IQ. Had he been recruited and placed in that very system that Luck went into, he absolutely could have come out of it showing the same level of poise and command of the offense that Luck did.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148597)
You are full of shit.

I am not putting words into your mouth.

I didn't say that you said he was running QB Michael Vick, but you did say his absolute floor is exactly that.

And I don't give a rat's ass if you can't design an offense to use Smith's mobility like you can wirh RGIII, though, surprise, I disagree with you on that too, but Smith has the mobility to escape pressure and extend plays.

You try to make this case that he has to make quick decision from the pocket, and as I said to start this post, you arte full of shit, you dipshit.

You are putting words in my mouth and exaggerating. The fact that you care more about what I say a guys floor is versus his realistic potential is cherrypicking.

He is going to have to excel as a pocket passer if he wants to be a franchise qb. He's not going to do it in the way big Ben does, which is to be a guy who gets knocked around. He's not going to do it with elusiveness as rgIII can. He will use mobility as a last resort bailout. If you want to build an offense around it being ok for him to hold on to the ball too long, you are out of your mind. He has to make quicker decisions, he has to learn to quickly look off his primary read and go through progressions, and he has to adjust the protections pre-snap because he can't use his physical body to bail him out if he misses a protection or blitz.

Again... I believe he has the character and work ethic to do it. But the idea that he can use his athletic ability to build his game around bailing out is just wrong.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

On a given snap, Smith read defenses, forecast which receivers would be open, felt pressure, counted time using an internal clock, faked to the options he knew were futile and found an open receiver and led him to an empty pocket of grass. [/I]

And he hesitates to pull the trigger quite often. Just like Matt Cassel.

RealSNR 11-25-2012 12:19 PM

Watch the tape, CaliforniaChief

Just. Like. Matt. Cassel.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9148673)
See, this is the circle that happens. Somebody makes a bold claim one way or the other, then the person who AGREES with that person regarding the player but not the bold claim steps in and says stuff like this shit.

Geno Smith has a very, very high football IQ. Had he been recruited and placed in that very system that Luck went into, he absolutely could have come out of it showing the same level of poise and command of the offense that Luck did.

I have praised Genos football iq. His character. His work ethic.

I said lucks was off the charts. That isn't a knock on geno, that's to say no qb the past 10 years has shown the same football iq luck has. Geno had success in a pro system, but lets not pretend he was asked to use even close to the same type of iq luck did. As I've said, luck was doing things pre snap many experienced nfl qbs can't do.

Even trying to benchmark geno off luck is just plain silly.

Woodchuck 11-25-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9148803)
Watch the tape, CaliforniaChief

Just. Like. Matt. Cassel.

He plays not to lose. Just like Cassel with a stronger arm.

milkman 11-25-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9148741)
You are putting words in my mouth and exaggerating. The fact that you care more about what I say a guys floor is versus his realistic potential is cherrypicking.

He is going to have to excel as a pocket passer if he wants to be a franchise qb. He's not going to do it in the way big Ben does, which is to be a guy who gets knocked around. He's not going to do it with elusiveness as rgIII can. He will use mobility as a last resort bailout. If you want to build an offense around it being ok for him to hold on to the ball too long, you are out of your mind. He has to make quicker decisions, he has to learn to quickly look off his primary read and go through progressions, and he has to adjust the protections pre-snap because he can't use his physical body to bail him out if he misses a protection or blitz.

Again... I believe he has the character and work ethic to do it. But the idea that he can use his athletic ability to build his game around bailing out is just wrong.

You said, you dipshit, that his absolute fllor is a running QB.

Did I misread that, you dipshit?

And there you go again with dipshittery.

This O-Line for the Chiefs, as is, can provide Smith with the protection to go through progressions and make reads in a timely and efficient manner, and you dismiss his mobility like he's incapable of moving.

You, again, as stated before, are a dipshit.

milkman 11-25-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

He is comparing Genos stats to luck and using lucks interception track record as justification for wh his success was overstated.

He continues to imply that luck succeeded because of talent whereas geno doesn't have that. I pushed back and said lucks biggest reason for success was much more about a flawless skill set and off the charts football iq. Sac is selling to us that geno could step into Stanford and do the same things luck did.

Give me a break. Just because he's on your side now doesnt mean ou should act like all of a sudden his exaggerated optimism is suddenly acceptable.

He's stated time and time again, that Luck is the best QB prospect since Elway, you dipshit.

milkman 11-25-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9148831)
He plays not to lose. Just like Cassel with a stronger arm.

Please tell us what you look for that the average fan doesn't.

I need a good laugh.

DeezNutz 11-25-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9148537)
So the guys backing geno why is he the pick over Wilson.

Both can throw a great ball; there's no question about this. But Smith has elite awareness and savvy in the pocket, and this is what separates him in my eyes.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 12:31 PM

Really you are comparing geno to cassel?

Ok three year starter at wvu

Zero starts at USC

Saccopoo 11-25-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

No, I am not.

I have never said that Luck's success was overstated, nor have I said that because Geno has thrown for half the interceptions as Luck did last year that he is/was better than Luck as a prospect. That is simply fact - Geno has five interceptions this year, while Luck had ten last year.

Quote:

He continues to imply that luck succeeded because of talent whereas geno doesn't have that.
No, I did not.

I am stating that Geno has put up near identical statistics as Luck with a substantially worse supporting cast. I am attempting to show that Geno is a top flight QB and even in the face of having one of the worst defenses in NCAA football and having to play behind in many of his conference games and having to play behind an offensive line that isn't the best, he has continued to make excellent decisions with the football and has maintained a superb accuracy level.

I'm trying to show that Geno has kicked major ass this year in the face of adversity around him.

Quote:

I pushed back and said lucks biggest reason for success was much more about a flawless skill set and off the charts football iq. Sac is selling to us that geno could step into Stanford and do the same things luck did.
Yes, I am.

I think that Geno Smith is a very high level QB prospect with excellent intelligence and on-the-field awareness. I don't think for one instance that there isn't a program or situation at the college level that he wouldn't be successful at due to his skill set and intangibles. I tried to point this out to you stating that he's played under two distinctly different systems and has had success at both.

Quote:

No, I am not.

Luck would have had success at any system he played in because of his amazing football accumen, size, athleticism and skill set. The same can be said of Geno, IMO.

Quote:

Your reading comprehension level is apparently abyssmal. Either that or you are just plain dumb.

All you see is someone comparing somebody to Luck and Griffin, and it's got your hackles raised and you are immediately on the defensive and can't seem to see anything beyond your own opinion on Luck and Griffin being the love children of a melding of Montana, Brady, Starr, Graham, Dawson, Young, Manning, Elway and Unitas.

KCBOSS1 11-25-2012 12:31 PM

Tyler Wilson

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 12:33 PM

Deeznuts I'm starting to lean toward him too. Barkleys injury may great for us cause I think we might've taken him over smith. I do like how quickly he gets rid of the ball.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148859)
You said, you dipshit, that his absolute fllor is a running QB.

Did I misread that, you dipshit?

That is rgIIIs floor. And stop implying like I said that's ok. I don't know why you keep bringing this up except to slyly make people believe that I want a Vick like qb or think that's ok. Or that I project rgIII to be a Vick like qb. The point is a dumb one to dwell on and incredibly misleading.

Quote:

And there you go again with dipshittery.

This O-Line for the Chiefs, as is, can provide Smith with the protection to go through progressions and make reads in a timely and efficient manner, and you dismiss his mobility like he's incapable of moving.

You, again, as stated before, are a dipshit.
You yourself, and plenty of others, have said he has to stop staring down his primary read. And let's face it, most of his success has been built around not being asked to do this very much. His sophomore season shows he can do it, but the fact that people want to use this season to suggest he would excel at it... Again, this is unbelievable exaggeration.

I like the guy. I'm just tired of exaggerations. I can't believe I actually have to fight the idea that comparisons to luck and rgIII are nonsense. And somehow people are buying this hype.

Saccopoo 11-25-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9148741)

Who in the hell said that we need to build a game around his athletic ability to bail out the offense?

Seriously, are you high?

The reason I love Geno as a prospect is his ability to stay within the pocket, move around in the pocket while avoiding the rush, keep his eyes downfield and make the throw.

And he's got enough athleticism to escape, when he needs to. But I want my QB making the downfield throw, not running around the field willy nilly trying to make a play with his legs and dumping off as a last resort.

I made this comparison last season about this time - Griffin reminds me of Fran Tarkenton.

Geno Smith reminds me of an Aaron Rogers/Warren Moon type of QB.

chiefscafan 11-25-2012 12:38 PM

I think between the two puts us a lot better than what we have now . Although I still want to see stanzi one of my bar customers swears he is our savior!

He must've slept with piolis wife or something. It doesn't make since why he still isn't playing.

It's like when I played college soccer my coach said I wasn't good enough to play. Then cause of injuries I get in and I almost score on my first game. Moral sometimes there are other factors instead of who is good or who isn't.

milkman 11-25-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9149034)
That is rgIIIs floor. And stop implying like I said that's ok. I don't know why you keep bringing this up except to slyly make people believe that I want a Vick like qb or think that's ok. Or that I project rgIII to be a Vick like qb. The point is a dumb one to dwell on and incredibly misleading.

You yourself, and plenty of others, have said he has to stop staring down his primary read. And let's face it, most of his success has been built around not being asked to do this very much. His sophomore season shows he can do it, but the fact that people want to use this season to suggest he would excel at it... Again, this is unbelievable exaggeration.

I like the guy. I'm just tired of exaggerations. I can't believe I actually have to fight the idea that comparisons to luck and rgIII are nonsense. And somehow people are buying this hype.

I am not dwelling on it.

I am responding to it with each post that you respond.

The fact is, that absolute floor that you point out is why he has far less bust potettial.

That is sheer and utter dipshitery.

I said that he has a tendency to stare down his primary deep read when he feels the need for big plays.

If he is not playing to keep up with opponents, that is not an issue.

Three7s 11-25-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9148929)
Please tell us what you look for that the average fan doesn't.

I need a good laugh.

He won't give you an answer. At least, not a serious one.

chiefzilla1501 11-25-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9148959)
No, I am not.

I have never said that Luck's success was overstated, nor have I said that because Geno has thrown for half the interceptions as Luck did last year that he is/was better than Luck as a prospect. That is simply fact - Geno has five interceptions this year, while Luck had ten last year.

No, I did not.

I am stating that Geno has put up near identical statistics as Luck with a substantially worse supporting cast. I am attempting to show that Geno is a top flight QB and even in the face of having one of the worst defenses in NCAA football and having to play behind in many of his conference games and having to play behind an offensive line that isn't the best, he has continued to make excellent decisions with the football and has maintained a superb accuracy level.

I'm trying to show that Geno has kicked major ass this year in the face of adversity around him.

Yes, I am.

I think that Geno Smith is a very high level QB prospect with excellent intelligence and on-the-field awareness. I don't think for one instance that there isn't a program or situation at the college level that he wouldn't be successful at due to his skill set and intangibles. I tried to point this out to you stating that he's played under two distinctly different systems and has had success at both.

No, I am not.

Luck would have had success at any system he played in because of his amazing football accumen, size, athleticism and skill set. The same can be said of Geno, IMO.

Your reading comprehension level is apparently abyssmal. Either that or you are just plain dumb.

All you see is someone comparing somebody to Luck and Griffin, and it's got your hackles raised and you are immediately on the defensive and can't seem to see anything beyond your own opinion on Luck and Griffin being the love children of a melding of Montana, Brady, Starr, Graham, Dawson, Young, Manning, Elway and Unitas.

This is a good response. Thank you.

But I'm sorry... You brought up how Genos stats compare to lucks, you brought up luck having much better talent around him, you made the bold claim that geno could fit in seamlessly at Stanford, you brought up luck having more ints than geno. Don't pretend there wasn't an obvious agenda here.