ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 06-20-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8691055)
You more than any of them, so you should know. You still haven't refuted my statement. I was just off by 8 years. So do they have 4 NCs in the past 50 years? Do they not get the best in Texas and have nothing to show for it? Do they not have a larger budget than anyone?

Why are you starting with me?

I was trying to help you.

Bambi 06-20-2012 02:00 PM

But enough of all that, back to news.

http://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1377426

Two sources in the Big 12 said Wednesday the possibility of Notre Dame moving its Olympic sports out of the Big East and into the Big 12 is becoming more and more likely.

Speculation is growing among those sources that an announcement could come from South Bend before the end of the summer.

As part of such a move, Notre Dame, which has a contract with NBC to televise its home football games through the 2015 season, would agree to play up to six football games against Big 12 competition (but most likely three or so to start with), sources tell Orangebloods.com.

Notre Dame would maintain its independence in football ... for now. If the Irish ever felt compelled to join a conference in football, the Big 12 would be ready and waiting for them. The trusted relationship between Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick can not be underestimated if such a move transpires.

Notre Dame's explanation to the Big East would be that the Big East is no longer the conference the Irish joined as a non-football member back in 1995, the sources said. Since the Irish joined, the Big East has seen Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College leave with Syracuse and Pittsburgh planning to join the ACC in two years.

Incoming Big East members include Central Florida, San Diego State, SMU, Houston and Navy.

One of ND's biggest attractions to the Big 12 is the ability to have its own Tier 3 television network, along the lines of Texas' Longhorn Network. Tier 3 inventory is whatever is left after the TV partners with Tier 1 (ABC/ESPN in the Big 12) and Tier 2 (Fox in the Big 12) rights select the football and basketball games they want to air.

Tier 3 inventory typically consists of 1 or 2 football games (although DeLoss Dodds has told reporters LHN could air three Texas football games in 2012) and less than a dozen basketball games as well as Olympic sports.

Sources in the Big 12 told Orangebloods.com during the league meetings that Notre Dame as a non-football member is the only expansion target that would receive universal approval from the league.

While sources say Texas and Oklahoma favor the Big 12 as a 10-team league for now, there are some in the Big 12 who think a move by Notre Dame - even just its Olympic sports - into the Big 12, could cause a frenzy of interest from football powers in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Orangebloods.com reported last month that Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami and Georgia Tech all had efforts made on their behalf to gauge the interest of the Big 12 in expanding. The Big 12 indicated at its conference meetings in Kansas City in late May that it was happy at 10.

And while that was the sentiment then, a potential move by Notre Dame to affiliate with the Big 12, could cause more discussion and possibly a rethinking of the league's current position about bringing in new members.

Stay tuned.

kepp 06-20-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8691375)

[I]Two sources in the Big 12 said Wednesday the possibility of Notre Dame moving its Olympic sports out of the Big East and into the Big 12 is becoming more and more likely.

Jim Delany just threw up in his mouth a little bit.

DaKCMan AP 06-20-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8691359)
I wasn't wrong. I was speaking to the bolded players as I said. Hence the term "either".

But yes, looks like one of the guys mentioned later in the article had been offered by Oklahoma.

Thanks for making me check.

I would have never noticed that not a single player in A&M's recruiting class has a UT offer.

You were wrong. Gustafson's quote was/is bolded. It's fine. You and I, and everyone else, know you were wrong.

Bambi 06-20-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8691431)
You were wrong. Gustafson's quote was/is bolded. It's fine. You and I, and everyone else, know you were wrong.

Correct, a portion of his quote, not his name, was bolded.

Gustafson was indeed offered by Oklahoma.

But since you continue to push I just looked it up. Texas has 15 recruits so far this year. 10 of those recruits were offered by A&M. 0 recruits have chosen A&M over Texas.

Damn.

Bambi 06-20-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 8691423)
Jim Delany just threw up in his mouth a little bit.

Yep, as far as I know the Big 12 is the only big time athletic conference that allows for a 3rd tier media deal to exist similar to what ND has now. It's really a great fit for the Domers.

Saul Good 06-20-2012 04:12 PM

I wonder what Slive's reaction would be if a school wanted to park it's non-football teams in the SEC.

Setsuna 06-20-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8691685)
I wonder what Slive's reaction would be if a school wanted to park it's non-football teams in the SEC.

This
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...6/well_bye.jpg

Bambi 06-20-2012 04:25 PM

The BCS is alive and well.

https://p.twimg.com/Av3a0YnCAAESg3T.jpg:large

DeezNutz 06-20-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8691685)

Absolutely asinine that the Big XII would allow this. There's simply no need to do it.

qabbaan 06-20-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8691719)
Absolutely asinine that the Big XII would allow this. There's simply no need to do it.

Irish fans are going to come from all over the country to watch pole vaulting. Duh. Huge windfall for the conference.

DeezNutz 06-20-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8691733)
Irish fans are going to come from all over the country to watch pole vaulting. Duh. Huge windfall for the conference.

Definitely. It was clearly a huge benefit to the Big East.

Bambi 06-20-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8691719)

Notre Dame wants to join a strong and stable conference?

Pitt Gorilla 06-20-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8691742)

Ok, that was funny. Well played.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-20-2012 05:46 PM

Notre Dame without football ROFL

tredadda 06-20-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8691366)
Why are you starting with me?

I was trying to help you.

Helping me against who. I was refuting your silly posts.

DeezNutz 06-20-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8691742)

They're not really "joining" anything, and thus my initial post actually offered a strong compliment to the Big XII. There is no reason for the schools in this conference to pimp themselves out to anybody at this point, though the Bevo reaction might be hard to break.

tredadda 06-20-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8691839)
Notre Dame without football ROFL

Only the Big XII would be tripping all over themselves for a chance to get NDs vaunted basketball and Lacrosse teams without getting their football team.

Bambi 06-20-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8692009)
Helping me against who. I was refuting your silly posts.

Ummmm, okay?

You were like completely wrong multiple times on an incredibly important point.

tredadda 06-20-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8692023)
Ummmm, okay?

You were like completely wrong multiple times on an incredibly important point.

I was wrong on the # of years by 8. I said 50 years when it was actually 42. My bad. Now what else was I wrong on?

BourbonMan 06-20-2012 07:36 PM

3RD TIER
3RD TIER
3RD TIER

AAAHHHH..I JUST CREAMED MY PANTIES/WICKEDSON

Bambi 06-20-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8692016)
Only the Big XII would be tripping all over themselves for a chance to get NDs vaunted basketball and Lacrosse teams without getting their football team.

Making the Final Four is a major accomplishment. Good thing Notre Dame is bringing us another one.

tredadda 06-20-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8692034)
Making the Final Four is a major accomplishment. Good thing Notre Dame is bringing us another one.

Winning them is even more significant. But you prefer Final Fours. The Big XII and ACC and Big 10 etc.... aren't drooling over themselves at the thought of getting NDs basketball program and final four appearance. They all want the football program and ND refuses to give it to anyone and the Big East ooopppps I mean Big XII is willing to play right into their hands. Who's playing who?

Bambi 06-20-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8692027)
I was wrong on the # of years by 8. I said 50 years when it was actually 42. My bad. Now what else was I wrong on?

I don't think you were wrong on anything else. Why are you being so hostile? I was defending you by saying we all make mistakes.

Everyone on this board has. Its no big deal.

My original point had nothing to do with what UT does with the players it gets. All I know is that someone posted an article that had quotes from high school football players pimp'n the S.E.C. And then wit a little research it turns out that every single one of those players had no offer from UT.

If people are going to post articles talking shit then they should epxpect to be exposed. That's all, end of story.

tredadda 06-20-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8692047)
I don't think you were wrong on anything else. Why are you being so hostile? I was defending you by saying we all make mistakes.

Everyone on this board has. Its no big deal.

My original point had nothing to do with what UT does with the players it gets. All I know is that someone posted an article that had quotes from high school football players pimp'n the S.E.C. And then wit a little research it turns out that every single one of those players had no offer from UT.

If people are going to post articles talking shit then they should epxpect to be exposed. That's all, end of story.

And my point was that before you slam aTm with comments such as "A&M always has got the second pickings in the state and still doesn't muster much success out of that" and proudly wave the UT flag you might want to look at Texas's history which is anything but spectacular especially considering the clear and obvious advantages available to them.

Bambi 06-20-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8692057)
And my point was that before you slam aTm with comments such as "A&M always has got the second pickings in the state and still doesn't muster much success out of that" and proudly wave the UT flag you might want to look at Texas's history which is anything but spectacular especially considering the clear and obvious advantages available to them.

Its all good yo. I'm just ****in around.

Yes, UT should have more football success than they have had with what they have.

Shit, they're putting 5-7 teams out there now on the regular.

Saul Good 06-20-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Two sources in the Big 12 said Wednesday the possibility of Notre Dame moving its Olympic sports out of the Big East and into the Big 12 is becoming more and more likely.

Speculation is growing among those sources that an announcement could come from South Bend before the end of the summer.

As part of such a move, Notre Dame, which has a contract with NBC to televise its home football games through the 2015 season, would agree to play up to six football games against Big 12 competition (but most likely three or so to start with), sources tell Orangebloods.com.

Notre Dame would maintain its independence in football ... for now. If the Irish ever felt compelled to join a conference in football, the Big 12 would be ready and waiting for them. The trusted relationship between Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick can not be underestimated if such a move transpires.

Notre Dame's explanation to the Big East would be that the Big East is no longer the conference the Irish joined as a non-football member back in 1995, the sources said. Since the Irish joined, the Big East has seen Miami, Virginia Tech and Boston College leave with Syracuse and Pittsburgh planning to join the ACC in two years.

Incoming Big East members include Central Florida, San Diego State, SMU, Houston and Navy.

One of ND's biggest attractions to the Big 12 is the ability to have its own Tier 3 television network, along the lines of Texas' Longhorn Network. Tier 3 inventory is whatever is left after the TV partners with Tier 1 (ABC/ESPN in the Big 12) and Tier 2 (Fox in the Big 12) rights select the football and basketball games they want to air.

Tier 3 inventory typically consists of 1 or 2 football games (although DeLoss Dodds has told reporters LHN could air three Texas football games in 2012) and less than a dozen basketball games as well as Olympic sports.

Sources in the Big 12 told Orangebloods.com during the league meetings that Notre Dame as a non-football member is the only expansion target that would receive universal approval from the league.

While sources say Texas and Oklahoma favor the Big 12 as a 10-team league for now, there are some in the Big 12 who think a move by Notre Dame - even just its Olympic sports - into the Big 12, could cause a frenzy of interest from football powers in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Orangebloods.com reported last month that Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami and Georgia Tech all had efforts made on their behalf to gauge the interest of the Big 12 in expanding. The Big 12 indicated at its conference meetings in Kansas City in late May that it was happy at 10.

And while that was the sentiment then, a potential move by Notre Dame to affiliate with the Big 12, could cause more discussion and possibly a rethinking of the league's current position about bringing in new members.

Stay tuned.

So Notre Dame would likely play three games or so against Big Twelve teams the first year. Do you suppose they will just randomly select the first teams to play them...maybe pull names from a hat? That would only be fair, right?

Saul Good 06-20-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8692102)
Its all good yo. I'm just ****in around.

Yes, UT should have more football success than they have had with what they have.

Shit, they're putting 5-7 teams out there now on the regular.

They are? I thought they had fewer than eight wins exactly once in the past 15 seasons.

alnorth 06-21-2012 07:27 AM

http://shindeiie.files.wordpress.com...tient-bear.jpg

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Stay tuned.

Wow. Texas or OU in South Bend would be bad ass. I don't think it's possible to have any bigger game then Texas and ND.

Frazod 06-21-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8692529)
Wow. Texas or OU in South Bend would be bad ass. I don't think it's possible to have any bigger game then Texas and ND.

Yeah, Bevo v the Leprechaun. Huge. Amazing. They could call it the All That Money And Big Recruits Yet We Still Manage To Suck Bowl. :whackit:

Saul Good 06-21-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

"Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my head" is the number song on the Billboard 100, "Love Story" tops the box office, the United States is awash in patriotism fresh off the moon landing, and the Kansas City Chiefs are gearing up for the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV...it's New Year's day, 1970.

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8692539)
"Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my head" is the number song on the Billboard 100, "Love Story" tops the box office, the United States is awash in patriotism fresh off the moon landing, and the Kansas City Chiefs are gearing up for the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV...it's New Year's day, 1970.

So you don't think Lee Corso would be in South Bend that day eh?

qabbaan 06-21-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8691735)
Definitely. It was clearly a huge benefit to the Big East.

Taking something from the big east is not really saying anything superlative about your conference. It's like seeing someone get hit by a bus and taking their wallet, or stealing money from a senile grandma

Notes Dame is not going to affiliate in football, with or without their current media deal. The games they schedule with USC, Michigan, etc aside from being big moneymakers would have to go out of conference and it would completely change their scheduling in ways that are not conducive to a program that hasn't really been a factor in college football since Lou Holtz and Dan Devine, and is trying to rebuild themselves into that.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Bambi 06-21-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Correct, the two biggest programs in CFB.

Bowser 06-21-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693197)
Correct, the two biggest programs in CFB.

....at one time.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8693207)
....at one time.

January 1, 1970

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8693207)
....at one time.

Who is bigger then Texas or Notre Dame now? Obviously Notre Dame isn't as successful on the field as they once were, but as far as dollars, power, and fan bases go who is bigger?

Bowser 06-21-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693211)
Who is bigger then Texas or Notre Dame now?

Really?

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8693212)
Really?

Yeah, really.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693211)
Who is bigger then Texas or Notre Dame now? Obviously Notre Dame isn't as successful on the field as they once were, but as far as dollars, power, and fan bases who is bigger?

Two teams with big budgets does not necessarily equal a big game.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 01:19 PM

Alabama versus USC

or

Texas versus Notre Dame

Which one would get more people excited?

Bowser 06-21-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693214)
Yeah, really.

How about LSU, Alabama, USC, Florida?

You could probably even throw Arkansas and Oregon into the conversation. (Arkansas may be a stretch)

Could you really not figure this out, or are you doing some kind of Big XII defensive thing here?

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693215)
Two teams with big budgets does not necessarily equal a big game.

But it does equal big ratings and dollar signs.

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693223)
Alabama versus USC

or

Texas versus Notre Dame

Which one would get more people excited?

Which game gets more views?

Saul Good 06-21-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693229)
Which game gets more views?

Alabama versus USC, and it's not even close

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8693224)

You could probably even throw Arkansas and Oregon into the conversation. (Arkansas may be a stretch)

Could you really not figure this out, or are you doing some kind of Big XII defensive thing here?

No. Those programs are level below Texas and Notre Dame.

Frazod 06-21-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693228)
But it does equal big ratings and dollar signs.

Yes, everybody understands that. But it really doesn't matter where Lee Corso broadcasts from of who rules NBC's airwaves if THEY DON'T WIN, which they don't.

That Yankees-minus-wins comparison certainly works for Notre Lame as well.

ChiefsCountry 06-21-2012 01:34 PM

Alabama/USC would be a monster of a game. ABC would choose it for a primetime slot over Texas/Notre Dame.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693233)
No. Those programs are level below Texas and Notre Dame.

Every one of those first three SEC teams has won multiple titles since either Texas or Notre Dame has won one.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 01:38 PM

Ronald Reagan was president the last time Notre Dame won a title.

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693258)
Every one of those first three SEC teams has won multiple titles since either Texas or Notre Dame has won one.

That's nice, but I'm talking about fan bases and power. BSU could have won 2 and that doesn't mean that they are bigger then Texas or ND.

BigCatDaddy 06-21-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693263)
Ronald Reagan was president the last time Notre Dame won a title.

They still have a national following and their AD was invited to meet with the commissioners of the other conferences when figuring out this BCS mess. They have some major pull. They even change rules to accomidate to them. To pretend ND isn't special to college football is just being dumb.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8693275)
They still have a national following and their AD was invited to meet with the commissioners of the other conferences when figuring out this BCS mess. They have some major pull. They even change rules to accomidate to them. To pretend ND isn't special to college football is just being dumb.

Of course they have pull. They aren't USC nor Alabama, though.

Bambi 06-21-2012 02:02 PM

Well lets just end this argument. Alabama is one coaching hire away from the Mike Shula years..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...aluable-teams/

Bambi 06-21-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8693224)

The National Championship Game between LSU and Alabama had the lowest rating ever.

I think people in the South need to start realizing where they sit in this whole thing.

Frazod 06-21-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693315)
The National Championship Game between LSU and Alabama had the lowest rating ever.

I think people in the South need to start realizing where they sit in this whole thing.

They think they sit on top, and they are right.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693315)

The first meeting between LSU and Alabama was the highest watched college football game on CBS in 22 years.

And Texas is in the South, smart guy.

Bambi 06-21-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693339)
The first meeting between LSU and Alabama was the highest watched college football game on CBS in 22 years.

And Texas is in the South, smart guy.

People must have not liked what they saw.

Frazod 06-21-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693358)

So what? Are we supposed to get all weepy because the teams with the most money and biggest fan bases ****ing suck? WAAAAAA.

I'll bet ratings were down for last year's World Series, too. As me how much that bothers me.

Idiot.

Bambi 06-21-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8693363)
So what? Are we supposed to get all weepy because the teams with the most money and biggest fan bases ****ing suck? WAAAAAA.

I'll bet ratings were down for last year's World Series, too. As me how much that bothers me.

Idiot.

There was a disagreement about what is a bigger game. I proved my point correct with one post.

Why are you so angry all the time?

Codered 06-21-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693392)
There was a disagreement about what is a bigger game. I proved my point correct with one post.

Why are you so angry all the time?

You ignore that they also were the highest rated game of the year last year too. Ironic how that happens isn't it?

Pitt Gorilla 06-21-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693311)
Well lets just end this argument. Alabama is one coaching hire away from the Mike Shula years..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...aluable-teams/

Half of the top 10 are SEC teams. That might explain why schools from other conferences don't even attempt to win a National Title anymore.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 02:46 PM

"SEC on CBS" was the highest rated college football package in the country on any network for the third consecutive year.

The four highest rated games of the season were LSU/Alabama, LSU/Alabama, LSU/Georgia, and LSU/Arkansas.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 02:48 PM

Of the top ten teams in terms of attendance, five were SEC teams, and another is aTm.

Frazod 06-21-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693411)
"SEC on CBS" was the highest rated college football package in the country on any network for the third consecutive year.

The four highest rated games of the season were LSU/Alabama, LSU/Alabama, LSU/Georgia, and LSU/Arkansas.

But how is that possible when nobody in New York cares about it? :drool:

Saul Good 06-21-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693358)

The rematch was the highest watched program of any kind on cable last year. It was the second most watched program of any kind in cable television history...behind Auburn's national title game the year before.

Bambi 06-21-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 8693402)
You ignore that they also were the highest rated game of the year last year too. Ironic how that happens isn't it?

Notre Dame and Texas didn't play. So I guess there's no comparison.

All I know is that people sampled Alabama vs LSU, let it sink in. And then went on to let it be the lowest rated Championship game......ever.

notorious 06-21-2012 02:52 PM

Maybe the NC game had low ratings because Bama had it won after the first quarter.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 02:53 PM

The most watched non-BCS bowl was Arkansas's victory in the Cotton Bowl.

Bambi 06-21-2012 02:53 PM

Here are some ratings:

highest one on this list? USC-Texas

http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=4819384

notorious 06-21-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693427)
The most watched non-BCS bowl was Arkansas's victory in the Cotton Bowl.

That was a pretty good game, too.

Unfortunately KSU's receivers couldn't catch the clap in a whorehouse that night.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693424)
Notre Dame and Texas didn't play. So I guess there's no comparison.

All I know is that people sampled Alabama vs LSU, let it sink in. And then went on to let it be the lowest rated Championship game......ever.

It was also on cable for only the second time ever, dipshit.

Bambi 06-21-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693435)
It was also on cable for only the second time ever, dipshit.

Do you not understand what ever means you ****ing idiot?

Where did they air the game last year?

ESPN3?

Saul Good 06-21-2012 02:58 PM

Texas drew a whopping 3.1 share for their bowl game. Notre Dame drew a 3.8.

The rematch got a 16.2.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 02:59 PM

Texas drew a whopping 3.1 share for their bowl game. Notre Dame drew a 3.8.

The rematch got a 16.2.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693438)
Do you not understand what ever means you ****ing idiot?

Where did they air the game last year?

ESPN3?

It has been on cable for the past two years, both SEC teams winning championships, and they are the two highest rated programs of any kind in the history of cable television.

Bambi 06-21-2012 03:02 PM

The top rated BCS games of all time. No SEC teams involved. Stay down.

1. Rose Bowl 2006 Texas-USC 21.7 *
2. Orange Bowl 2001 Florida State-Oklahoma 17.8 *
3. Sugar Bowl 2000 Florida State-Virginia Tech 17.5 *

Alabama-LSU last year on CBS drew an 11.5.

Bambi 06-21-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8693448)
It has been on cable for the past two years, both SEC teams winning championships, and they are the two highest rated programs of any kind in the history of cable television.

Even Scam Newton drew higher.

Saul Good 06-21-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8693453)
The top rated BCS games of all time. No SEC teams involved. Stay down.

1. Rose Bowl 2006 Texas-USC 21.7 *
2. Orange Bowl 2001 Florida State-Oklahoma 17.8 *
3. Sugar Bowl 2000 Florida State-Virginia Tech 17.5 *

Alabama-LSU last year on CBS drew an 11.5.

Are you really trying to compare the highest rated national championship games in history to a regular season game?