ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234627)

Reaper16 06-16-2013 02:40 PM

How did Supes handle the Turner Gill era? Did he spend it entirely in the Cave of Solitude?

Buehler445 06-16-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9755084)
How did Supes handle the Turner Gill era? Did he spend it entirely in the Cave of Solitude?

Yeah. He was sitting beside me. We chummed it up.

Setsuna 06-16-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9755014)
Spoiler!

I completely agree with you. He was excellent.

Spoiler!

-King- 06-16-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9755014)
Spoiler!

Me too. His little speech right before his big fight with Superman at the end was great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 06-16-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9755006)
Spoiler!

Exactly...i think the preconcieved notions ive had of previous Supes movies expected an all i one. I have a feeling i will enjoy it more the 2nd time.

Sure-Oz 06-16-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9755008)
Spoiler!

Agreed...i loved Shannon as Zod

Sure-Oz 06-16-2013 04:16 PM

Not breaking news but seeing Nolan far less involved is kind've a bummer but im hoping for much more in the 2nd movie.

http://screencrave.com/2013-06-11/ma...lan-returning/

Man of Steel

Following a wave of well-received preview screenings, as well as a deluge of good to great reviews (read our review here), it should come as no surprise that Warner Bros. has already fast tracked a sequel to Man of Steel, which is set for a release (and box office dominion) later this week.

Further, Warner Bros. is ensuring that their dream team that made Man of Steel—director Zack Snyder, screenwriter David Goyer, and producer Christopher Nolan—will all be returning to make Man of Steel 2. However, before you get too excited, Nolan fans, know that the Dark Knight Trilogy director will be working on Man of Steel 2 in a reduced capacity, and won’t be overseeing it quite as much as he did the first films. So go ahead and let your fears about quality control on Man of Steel 2 begin now.

The Man of Steel 2 news comes on the heels of the new Justice League info—in that, there will indeed be a Justice League film, and David Goyer will be writing it. So, can Man of Steel 2 be seen a bridge from the Supes franchise to the Justice League films, a la Iron Man 2? And, if so, can Snyder please make sure it isn’t anywhere as terrible as Iron Man 2? Are we sure Nolan isn’t too busy to just oversee this thing?

Will you be seeing Man of Steel this weekend?

Source: Deadline

Tribal Warfare 06-16-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9755302)
Not breaking news but seeing Nolan far less involved is kind've a bummer but im hoping for much more in the 2nd movie.

There is some validity to be worried about Nolan's absence, because he ordered two revisions of the script and more reshoots hence the reason the opening was push backed to this summer.

keg in kc 06-16-2013 06:04 PM

Over 120 million? Christ. Guess I wasn't the only one who felt like it was an event.

Looking forward to a Man of Steel/This is the End double-feature next weekend.

KC_Lee 06-16-2013 06:20 PM

Caught the movie today. Good movie, lots of fun.

keg in kc 06-16-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9755258)
Exactly...i think the preconcieved notions ive had of previous Supes movies expected an all i one. I have a feeling i will enjoy it more the 2nd time.

I try not to think about movies like this on an individual basis. That's why I was going into this thinking Batman Begins rather than Dark Knight. MoS is not a standalone film, it's the start of a franchise, and in that light I'm more interested in the sum of the parts than each individual piece.

The question is what comes next. Does the trilogy go like Batman, or does is go like the Matrix. Batman I hope...

Really curious to see where they go from here, and how they build the universe as a whole.

Sure-Oz 06-16-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9755590)
I try not to think about movies like this on an individual basis. That's why I was going into this thinking Batman Begins rather than Dark Knight. MoS is not a standalone film, it's the start of a franchise, and in that light I'm more interested in the sum of the parts than each individual piece.

The question is what comes next. Does the trilogy go like Batman, or does is go like the Matrix. Batman I hope...

Really curious to see where they go from here, and how they build the universe as a whole.

You nailed it. I'm excited to see this flick again, it made more sense to me after thinking about it more.

Lex Luthor 06-16-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9754144)
I agree with pretty much everything kysirsoze said. The more time I have to reflect on it, the less I like it, and that's coming from someone with a HUGE blind spot for superhero flicks.

Kysirsoze is certainly entitled to his opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I enjoyed the movie immensely. A Superman movie made in 2013 HAS TO BE very differerent from a Superman movie made in the 1980s, because times are different. To dislike a movie because the Superman character of 2013 was so different from his earlier portrayals is unrealistic. The real test is whether or not Christopher Nolan and Zach Snyder created an interesting character that audiences will want to see more of.

They did.

Sure-Oz 06-16-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9755628)
Kysirsoze is certainly entitled to his opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I enjoyed the movie immensely. A Superman movie made in 2013 HAS TO BE very differerent from a Superman movie made in the 1980s, because times are different. To dislike a movie because the Superman character of 2013 was so different from his earlier portrayals is unrealistic. The real test is whether or not Christopher Nolan and Zach Snyder created an interesting character that audiences will want to see more of.

They did.

Seems like the biggest complaint is 'No Joy' in this movie or romance etc...

I feel like all that is to come, i hope.

kcpasco 06-16-2013 07:04 PM

I usually agree with RT critics score but I think they missed the boat on this one. While its not TDK I dont understand the criticism of it being shallow and not enough character depth.

Needs more superman saving cats from trees I guess.