ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2012-13 Mizzou football repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256647)

ghak99 09-08-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8890092)
I'm okay with the rule, but it needs to be amended to where players don't get pulled when opponents are ripping it off.

I believe, during tonight's game, they briefly mentioned a clause stating players can not intentionally try to remove an opponents helmet.

DeezNutz 09-08-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 8890099)
I believe, during tonight's game, they briefly mentioned a clause stating players can not intentionally try to remove an opponents helmet.

Yep. But good luck trying to enforce that with any type of accuracy and consistency.

Anyong Bluth 09-08-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8889821)
Georgia was missing 2 of their key defensive starters, MU scores 10 with Rambo in there.

I believe it was 4 starters on Defense, not to mention kicking their star Rb off the team.

SEC is brutal and they're gonna need to really load up and get lucky with the big guys in the trenches otherwise their gonna be gassed at the ends of games frequently, not to mention spelling for injuries.

The Tigers were showing nicely against a top 10 team, and reminiscent of teams going to play in mile high's altitude back in the day, everything would be fine for 3 - 3.5 quarters, and then the visiting team started to look like they were playing in mud. Not the same reason but same effect I think hit mu.

ghak99 09-08-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8890102)
Yep. But good luck trying to enforce that with any type of accuracy and consistency.

I agree. It's a shit rule, but I see why they want to protect the players.

Sooner or later it's going to have an influence on a big game.

Bewbies 09-08-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 8890105)
I believe it was 4 starters on Defense, not to mention kicking their star Rb off the team.

SEC is brutal and they're gonna need to really load up and get lucky with the big guys in the trenches otherwise their gonna be gassed at the ends of games frequently, not to mention spelling for injuries.

The Tigers were showing nicely against a top 10 team, and reminiscent of teams going to play in mile high's altitude back in the day, everything would be fine for 3 - 3.5 quarters, and then the visiting team started to look like they were playing in mud. Not the same reason but same effect I think hit mu.

Yeah, 2 LB's and 2 DB's (one is a first team all-american).

Sassy Squatch 09-08-2012 10:52 PM

Glad to know we didn't take advantage of that for most of the game. ****ing have Franklin run at their stalwart d line all night.

notorious 09-08-2012 11:45 PM

Damnit, I had to fly back from Manhattan when the game was at 27-20. What happened?

Sassy Squatch 09-08-2012 11:52 PM

Franklin had a terrible 4th quarter. Whether it was his fault or not doesnt matter, turning the ball over twice and having tbe oponent start at inside your 5 both times will doom anyone.

notorious 09-08-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 8890280)
Franklin had a terrible 4th quarter. Whether it was his fault or not doesnt matter, turning the ball over twice and having tbe oponent start at inside your 5 both times will doom anyone.

Turnovers will always do that.

Thanks.

WilliamTheIrish 09-09-2012 10:16 AM

UGA FANS ARE THE WORST! (tigerboard)

Quote:

Ok I want the "SEC fans are so welcoming and nice" bs to stop now. I hope all the other SEC schools act better than the GA fans. I saw several get kicked out for fighting and throwing things. And I am sorry but for a whole section of fans to flip off every member of the opposing team as they get introduced is classless. I would put them right on par with d-bag ku fans. I never had as much problem with any fan base in the big 12 other than the ku fans.
I love Tigerboard.

|Zach| 09-09-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8891183)

I love Tigerboard.

Yea the place is the worst.

Reaper16 09-09-2012 10:26 AM

Tigerboard needs to disappear from the internet and all of those awful, St. Louis-based posters there need to disappear from the Earth.

siberian khatru 09-09-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8891227)
Tigerboard needs to disappear from the internet and all of those awful, St. Louis-based posters there need to disappear from the Earth.

Bad format, awful posters.

I still check in there sometimes to see what's going on, but I do most of my hanging-out at Rock M. Genuine analysis, much better brand of poster.

notorious 09-09-2012 10:46 AM

The game I watched showed that Missouri absolutely belongs in the SEC. They played physical on the interior of the line, and showed speed.

They will be just fine.

Bewbies 09-09-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 8891183)
UGA FANS ARE THE WORST! (tigerboard)

I love Tigerboard.

Wait till Bama comes to town. LMAO