ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

SAUTO 11-24-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145597)
After I heard the tight window thing, I watched the tap again and it is true. He is very reluctant to pull the trigger.

ok, I'll play.

What "Tape" did you watch?
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9145625)
ok, I'll play.

What "Tape" did you watch?
Posted via Mobile Device

All of it

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear....1.Tx3wP3fbOuA.

He hesitates quite a bit and won't throw into tight pockets very much. Watch Tyler Wilson and then watch Geno. Watch both of them in this area.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145624)
First, you're an idiot that doen't have a clue.

He throws lasers into tight windows.

Second, his one major flaw is that he has a tendency to lock onto his primary receiver when he feels he needs to make big plays to keep up with opponent offenses..

Yep, he does this. He also has a tendency to just throw it long if his first target is covered. He really doesn't read defenses very often imo.

SAUTO 11-24-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145627)
All of it

He hesitates quite a bit and won't throw into tight pockets very much.

all of that video and you are still wrong. You ARE Pioli aren't you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 08:49 AM

Meh, just telling you what I heard, investigated, and found to be true. You can decide for yourself and I'll leave it at that.

milkman 11-24-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145631)
Yep, he does this. He also has a tendency to just throw it long if his first target is covered. He really doesn't read defenses very often imo.

Not going to waste keystrokes arguing with you.

One thing I've learned.

You know absolutely nothing.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145636)
Not going to waste keystrokes arguing with you.

One thing I've learned.

You know absolutely nothing.

That's cool and i understand. It will be interesting to see what the knocks are in March.

mlyonsd 11-24-2012 08:54 AM

Haven't really seen him play all year until yesterday.

I'd be happy picking him.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 08:58 AM

For the record, he doesn't remind me of any former black QB. He reminds me of Matt Cassel with a stronger arm. He doesn't play to win. He plays not to lose and he can't lead a team from behind. What he did yesterday isn't going to work like that in the pros.

SAUTO 11-24-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145643)
For the record, he doesn't remind me of any former black QB. He reminds me of Matt Cassel with a stronger arm. He doesn't play to win. He plays not to lose and he can't lead a team from behind.

You know I decided I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and a second chance.

Go **** yourself. You ARE the most idiotic poster this ****ing site gas ever seen. Why would you stay somewhere that you are universally hated? It was so ****ing nice around this place while you were gone
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 11-24-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

For the record, he doesn't remind me of any former black QB. He reminds me of Matt Cassel with a stronger arm. He doesn't play to win. He plays not to lose and he can't lead a team from behind. What he did yesterday isn't going to work like that in the pros.

Gonna disregard the moronic Cassel comparison.

There's a real simple concept that I'm certain that you'll have major difficulty grasping.

You can not lead a comeback if the opponent matches you score for score.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145655)
Gonna disregard the moronic Cassel comparison.

There's a real simple concept that I'm certain that you'll have major difficulty grasping.

You can not lead a comeback if the opponent matches you score for score.

Are you talking about yesterday or several of the other recent games? I am talking about the whole picture. This is a stupid conversation. You guys aren't going to see Geno for what he is until mayock tells you.

SAUTO 11-24-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145660)
Are you talking about yesterday or several of the other recent games? I am talking about the whole picture. This is a stupid conversation. You guys aren't going to see Geno for what he is until mayock tells you.

I don't think you understand that it doesn't matter what anyone says when you actually watch the games for yourself.

You know the whole games, not u tube clips.

**** you and them
Posted via Mobile Device

Rasputin 11-24-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

You are one stupid mother ****er.

I am embarrassed for Chiefs Planet to allow this idiot bundle of sticks back on. :facepalm:

Sickening just SICKENING.

We got a flux of n00bs and people watching us & this guy is dumping trash in the yard. He is an embarrassment to humananity, can't reason with him. Unbelievable stupid.

RealSNR 11-24-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145660)

Yeah because everybody around here thinks Mike Mayock is a ****ing genius LMAO

the Talking Can 11-24-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

All of it

He hesitates quite a bit and won't throw into tight pockets very much. Watch Tyler Wilson and then watch Geno. Watch both of them in this area.

what kind of stupid asshole refers to youtube videos as 'watching tape'?

jesus, you ****ing clown...

since you've never actually watched him play, how about you shut your reeruned ass up...

and kill yourself, we can't wait till you get banned again so just please ****ing kill yourself...every person here is begging you to

there isn't a QB in college better at throwing into tight spaces than Smith...and it isn't even close, you inbred cat humping clown

RealSNR 11-24-2012 09:49 AM

Watch the tape! I am right! You will see!

LMAO

Three7s 11-24-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

All of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOMUjoTOyI

All of it.

You said he doesn't throw into tight windows. I see him doing that on a number of occasions here. You said he is a one-read QB. I see him looking through his progressions on a number of pass attempts through my dainty eyes.

I've seen Geno Smith and I've seen Matt Cassel. Trust me, Geno Smith is what Matt Cassel dreams he could be. I honestly believe you aren't this stupid. I think you just like getting a rise out of everyone.

Also, I would implore you to watch him vs the Sooners too.

the Talking Can 11-24-2012 10:17 AM

thowing into tight spaces is actually one of things you could criticize him for...he's so confident in this accuracy (or he just locks on to a guy) that he regularly takes risks that - in the nfl - might burn him...

he'll adjust...but he routinely throws into tight double coverage...he just happens to routinely do it successfully....

and it can't be said enough, black reerun is a fraud and a dipshit who has a) never watched smith play and b) thinks watching a youtube video is the same as nfl scouts watching 'tape'...

Rausch 11-24-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9145725)
thowing into tight spaces is actually one of things you could criticize him for...he's so confident in this accuracy (or he just locks on to a guy) that he regularly takes risks that - in the nfl - might burn him...

I don't think it's so much him as his WR's beating their man and just being wide open. A LOT.

No pressure hitting the wide open man.

He won't have that in the NFL.

Well, unless he plays against us...

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Okay...that's it.

I've tried to be tolerant but this shit just got real.

You mealy mouthed, goat raping, ass licking, ball gargling, uncle ****ing piece of gopher shit. You have now officially just put it down that you are the dumbest **** that's ever posted on this board, and let me tell you that there have been some ultimate level, world class dumb****s here. You, with this post, have just eclipsed all of them. You now stand at the pinnacle of all dumb ****ery that's ever been spewed forth on CP.

You are now, officially, King of the Dumb****s. The Emperor of Idiocy. The Sultan of Stupidity.

You are the reason that velcro tennis shoes were made.

Mother ****ing, turd sucking moron.

SAUTO 11-24-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9145730)
I don't think it's so much him as his WR's beating their man and just being wide open. A LOT.

lol. I think you are talking about something totally different than the rest of us.

We are all talking about him throwing into tight spaces, you are telling about him hitting wide open guys...
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 11-24-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145734)
You are the reason that velcro tennis shoes were made.

http://sneil.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f...b8df970c-500wi

i present the board Black reerun

suds79 11-24-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9145725)

I'll definitely agree with this. He does seem to have some gun slinger in him. But in a way I like that after watching years of captain check down.

I think we also have to take into account that he must feel a lot of pressure to score a ton of points each game because his defense is so bad.

milkman 11-24-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9145742)
I'll definitely agree with this. He does seem to have some gun slinger in him. But in a way I like that after watching years of captain check down.

I think we also have to take into account that he must feel a lot of pressure to score a ton of points each game because his defense is so bad.

That's the thing, though.

He is forcing the ball into ill advised spots, making decisions based on the pressure to keep up.

And in spite of that, how many ints has he thrown?

the Talking Can 11-24-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9145742)

agreed on both points, and think he doesn't get near enough credit for the latter...

he has the pressure of having to score 40 to even have a chance to win...they regularly go for it on 4th down for this reason...just getting a couple first downs and punting is a failure..

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

C'mon Rausch...

Do you know who you are lumping yourself in with with these types of posts? Don't do it man. Come into the light.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145752)
That's the thing, though.

He is forcing the ball into ill advised spots, making decisions based on the pressure to keep up.

And in spite of that, how many ints has he thrown?

35 TD's to 5 Ints.

With a 70.1% completion percentage.

That's ridiculous.

milkman 11-24-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145765)
35 TD's to 5 Ints.

With a 70.1% completion percentage.

That's ridiculous.

It was a rhetorical question.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145507)
The OP asks "WHY GENO?"

I'll tell you why:

Because, in the 2012 season, with one of the worst defenses in college football forcing him to play behind once he got into conference play against a lot of Top 25 teams (as well as a porous offensive line), he put up these numbers (with one game to go against the Jayhawks, which might see him return to the Baylor game like numbers):

TD's: 35
INT's: 5
Comp: 70.1%
Rating: 159.3
Sacks: 15

You know which QB those stats compare to on the college level in recent memory?

Andrew Luck. With half the interceptions.

And Luck had a much better team around him last year than Smith had around him this season. Stanford had four guys taken in the first 42 picks of the draft last year, with two being offensive line. Geno has a horrible O-line and a worse defense and still put up nearly identical numbers to Luck last season.

Yeah, gimme Geno. Right here, right now.

QFT.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145767)
It was a rhetorical question.

I know.

I just like putting down the numbers.

They are ridiculous and incredulous considering how awful his offensive line and defense has been this year.

That he's only been sacked 15 times is amazing considering the pressure he's been under all season.

That he's been able to throw for 70.1% and only five Ints despite having to "force" throws to keep his team in the game.

The guy is the real deal.

Personally, I don't think he's being given enough credit for the skills and abilities he's showing this season.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Exactly. :thumb:

the Talking Can 11-24-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

i think you misunderstood what i was saying...

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145768)
QFT.

Good stat breakdown.

But please do not compare stats against Luck. I don't care what the stats say. We should not benchmark what geno did the way he did it vs luck and how he achieved those stats.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145607)
Never leaving dude. You thought wrong. ROFL

Let me ask you guys this...

What are Geno's flaws? Is he perfect? What do you think will be the knocks on him as we get closer to the draft? Do you think he's Andrew Luck or something?

A: Geno hasn't thrown a perfectly timed, high velocity pass in to your vagina.

Yet.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 10:52 AM

Sigh...I could watch Geno play football all day long...

Sully 11-24-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9143665)
Smith's a poor man's Dante Culpepper and the next Akili Smith. Kind of a hybrid Dante, McNabb, Akili, Campbell, Doug Williams, Vince Evans combo. Amirite semenmonster???

You forgot Jimmy Dix and Willie Beamon.

milkman 11-24-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145773)
I know.

I just like putting down the numbers.

They are ridiculous and incredulous considering how awful his offensive line and defense has been this year.

That he's only been sacked 15 times is amazing considering the pressure he's been under all season.

That he's been able to throw for 70.1% and only five Ints despite having to "force" throws to keep his team in the game.

The guy is the real deal.

Personally, I don't think he's being given enough credit for the skills and abilities he's showing this season.

I agree wholeheartedly.

He's done more with less than any top prospect in the last 10 years or more.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9145787)
Sigh...I could watch Geno play football all day long...

I could watch him play college football all day long too... It's going to get ugly in the pros imo.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145791)
I agree wholeheartedly.

What? He hasn't even done more with less this year. Wilson lost three of his best four WRs to the draft and then lost his HC. He's in the same situation as Drew Brees and some would argue he has faired better.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9145780)
Good stat breakdown.

But please do not compare stats against Luck. I don't care what the stats say. We should not benchmark what geno did the way he did it vs luck and how he achieved those stats.

True.

Geno has thrown only half of the interceptions that Luck did last season. With two, possibily three NFL level offensive linemen (Schwartzstein will get drafted this year in addition to DeCastro and Martin last year) protecting Luck while Geno has played behind torn cheesecloth.

I apologize about bringing down Geno.

milkman 11-24-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9145780)
Good stat breakdown.

I don't want to diminish what Luck did at Stanford, but the fact is, that Stanford team he played on had far more talent on both sides of the ball.

Geno is doing this behind a terrible O-Line while facing the added pressure of having to make plays constantly to keep up.

FAX 11-24-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

You know, that's a pretty interesting thought.

I'm reminded of all the .gif things that have been posted on ChiefsPlanet designed to illustrate the total incompetence and utter stupidity of Coswell under center.

In most of those .gif things, you can see open guys ... a lot of the time those guys are extremely open. Wide open. Opener than Herm's skull space. Opener than the gates of Hell after Dr. Evil kicks the bucket. Opener even than Rosie O'Donuts after 7 vodka shooters.

Once he gets the hang of the playbook and reading NFL defenses, he could be deadly. Who knows? We might even score a touchdown.

FAX

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145800)
True.

Geno has thrown only half of the interceptions that Luck did last season. With two, possibily three NFL level offensive linemen (Schwartzstein will get drafted this year in addition to DeCastro and Martin last year) protecting Luck while Geno has played behind torn cheesecloth.

I apologize about bringing down Geno.

Please. Stop. Geno smith is not even close to the prospect Andrew luck was. Don't dilute the fight for the guy with this kind of irrational argument.

milkman 11-24-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145796)
What? He hasn't even done more with less this year. Wilson lost three of his best four WRs to the draft and then lost his HC. He's in the same situation as Drew Brees and some would argue he has faired better.

A cheesecloth O-Line (to borrow from sac) and a defense that couldn't stop you from scoring a booger from your nose.

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145796)

This is all you are good for --> http://serve.mysmiley.net/adult/bj.gif

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145801)
I don't want to diminish what Luck did at Stanford, but the fact is, that Stanford team he played on had far more talent on both sides of the ball.

Geno is doing this behind a terrible O-Line while facing the added pressure of having to make plays constantly to keep up.

I get that. But we are comparing geno to an ideal qb prospect. There wasn't a single blemish on lucks scouting report. And luck was about as nfl ready not just in terms of running an offense, but managing an offense pre snap as we've seen probably since Peyton.

So again... I really don't care about stats as much as I do with how they achieved that. I'm not going to bag on a guy who didn't put up spread like numbers in a very pro style college offense.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9145804)
Please. Stop. Geno smith is not even close to the prospect Andrew luck was. Don't dilute the fight for the guy with this kind of irrational argument.

*shrugs*

I'm just looking at the numbers, what they both had to work with, the teams they've gone against...

Geno is very, very close to Luck number wise and, as has been stated by myself and Milk, he has a substandard supporting cast in comparison.

But if you want to do a Warren Moon on Geno, be my guest.

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145816)
*shrugs*

I'm just looking at the numbers, what they both had to work with, the teams they've gone against...

Geno is very, very close to Luck number wise and, as has been stated by myself and Milk, he has a substandard supporting cast in comparison.

Luck excelled in an offense he ran like Peyton manning. I don't care about supporting cast. I doubt geno would have had any kind of success in the offense luck was asked to run. That's not a knock on geno. We shouldn't compare geno to a qb prospect who was probably the best pure prospect since Peyton manning.

Again, any time we try to use Luck in these conversations, we look irrational.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145791)
I agree wholeheartedly.

QFT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145816)
*shrugs*

Upchuck Squirtpants is Full reerun personified.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9145828)
Luck excelled in an offense he ran like Peyton manning. I don't care about supporting cast. I doubt geno would have had any kind of success in the offense luck was asked to run. That's not a knock on geno. We shouldn't compare geno to a qb prospect who was probably the best pure prospect since Peyton manning.

The maybe we should have tanked last season. But, that would be no fun for True Fans who live for meaningless moral victories.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9145828)

Peyton Manning wasn't the "best pure prospect" people think. Questions about his ability to win the big games, arm strength, mobility, etc. Roughly half the league thought Leaf was the better prospect.

The last time that anyone got the amount of hype that Luck did last year was with Elway.

And to say that Geno wouldn't have had success in a pro style set like Stanford ran with three NFL level linemen protecting him as well as a top 20 defense covering his ass is, redundantly, assinine.

Geno played in a pro-style set in 2010 as a sophomore and put up excellent numbers.

You are seriously giving Geno the Warren Moon treatment right now and that's a little embarassing in this day and age.

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145840)
Peyton Manning wasn't the "best pure prospect" people think. Questions about his ability to win the big games, arm strength, mobility, etc. Roughly half the league thought Leaf was the better prospect.

The last time that anyone got the amount of hype that Luck did last year was with Elway.

And to say that Geno wouldn't have had success in a pro style set like Stanford ran with three NFL level linemen protecting him as well as a top 20 defense covering his ass is, redundantly, assinine.

Geno played in a pro-style set in 2010 as a sophomore and put up excellent numbers.

You are seriously giving Geno the Warren Moon treatment right now and that's a little embarassing in this day and age.

Luck was hyped because there wasnt a blemish. Perfect technique, good arm strengTh, phenomenal accuracy, phenomenal pocket awareness, good mobility. Add in that he ran a pro offense. Add in that when he ran a pro offense, he was making pre snap reads and quick decisions more surgically than many nfl qbs. So please... Stop with the ridiculous bullshit that Genos sophomore season in a pro offense and his success later in a spread remotely compares to Lucks. It's embarrassing. Luck wasn't hype. He was the real deal. Geno isn't even close to lucks level as a prospect, but then, nobody in the last ten years was even close either.

I don't know what you're implying with the warren moon example. I sure hope it's not what I think you are.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9145858)
Luck was hyped because there wasnt a blemish. Perfect technique, good arm strengTh, phenomenal accuracy, phenomenal pocket awareness, good mobility. Add in that he ran a pro offense. Add in that when he ran a pro offense, he was making pre snap reads and quick decisions more surgically than many nfl qbs. So please... Stop with the ridiculous bullshit that Genos sophomore season in a pro offense and his success later in a spread remotely compares to Lucks. It's embarrassing. Luck wasn't hype. He was the real deal. Geno isn't even close to lucks level as a prospect, but then, nobody in the last ten years was even close either.

I don't know what you're implying with the warren moon example. I sure hope it's not what I think you are.

Apples and Oranges. Strawman argument.

Luck played where Luck played.

Should Geno have transfered to Stanford or USC (two of the last vestiges of a "pro style set" in college football)?

It is what it is, and I'm just letting you know that Smith has reps, a full season of starting and putting up excellent numbers, in a true pro style set. He's got the accuracy, the pocket presence, perfect release, great arm, great velocity to all points on the field, etc.

You are making the argument for Luck last season with the exact same attributes that make Geno an excellent QB prospect this season. He's putting up near identical numbers with a substantially lesser supporting cast.

Geno Smith, at least in my opinion, is as good a QB prospect as I've seen outside of a guy named Luck in the past 10/15 years. And he's not as far away from Luck as you are envisioning. They've got a lot of the same tools and qualities.

DeezNutz 11-24-2012 11:43 AM

Sac has taken his vast love of Mormon offensive linemen and focused his drive upon one man; it's strangely unsettling yet beautiful.

Priest31kc 11-24-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You are the stupidest ****er I've ever seen on this board.

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145879)
Apples and Oranges. Strawman argument.

Luck played where Luck played.

Should Geno have transfered to Stanford or USC (two of the last vestiges of a "pro style set" in college football)?

It is what it is, and I'm just letting you know that Smith has reps, a full season of starting and putting up excellent numbers, in a true pro style set. He's got the accuracy, the pocket presence, perfect release, great arm, great velocity to all points on the field, etc.

You are making the argument for Luck last season with the exact same attributes that make Geno an excellent QB prospect this season. He's putting up near identical numbers with a substantially lesser supporting cast.

Geno Smith, at least in my opinion, is as good a QB prospect as I've seen outside of a guy named Luck in the past 10/15 years. And he's not as far away from Luck as you are envisioning. They've got a lot of the same tools and qualities.

Wrong. RgIII was as good of a prospect as Luck.

Don't make yourself foolish by acting like what Geno did as a sophomore even remotely compares to what Luck did as a senior. And you're saying geno could have easily done what luck has done is ridiculous. You are wildly assuming geno could have beaten a guy who was off the charts on football iq. A football iq that has been unmatched by any qb prospect in years upon years.

I like geno better than cam, Bradford, jamarcus, even stafford. But please don't overinflate the hype machine by comparing him to luck and rgIII.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9145919)
Wrong. RgIII was as good of a prospect as Luck.

I like geno better than cam, Bradford, jamarcus, even stafford. But please don't overinflate the hype machine by comparing him to luck and rgIII.

What?!

There wasn't a scout on the planet that had Griffin as a first rounder after the 2010 season. It wasn't until the midway point of 2011 that the first round shit became a near certainty and he ultimately cemented it with the Combine.

Griffin had one great year in a true spread offense. The same reason you are "downgrading" Geno.

Quote:

Don't make yourself foolish by acting like what Geno did as a sophomore even remotely compares to what Luck did as a senior. And you're saying geno could have easily done what luck has done is ridiculous. You are wildly assuming geno could have beaten a guy who was off the charts on football iq. A football iq that has been unmatched by any qb prospect in years upon years.
Geno has done what Luck has done. Their numbers, accuracy, TD's, etc. are virtually identical. And that's with Luck having three NFL level offensive linemen and a top 20 defense. And Geno's football IQ is exceptional.

Somebody is making themselves look foolish, and it's not me.

Hammock Parties 11-24-2012 12:10 PM

Tell me you don't want him even more:

Quote:

Grade School

Smith was classified as gifted and taught an advanced curriculum emphasizing creativity and the arts, including writing stories and poetry. Smith acted as well, performing in his school’s production of “The Nutcracker”. In fifth grade, Smith won an oratorical contest reciting work by the poet Langston Hughes. Smith even competed in chess tournaments, however, he enjoyed sketching cartoon characters the most.

Smith was admitted to Norland Middle School’s magnet program, which dedicated two hours a day to arts instruction. "There, Smith thrived, drawing with pencils and charcoal. Painting with pastels and acrylic paints required touch, foresight and patience. Minor mistakes could nullify hours of work. No matter what tools he employed, he was a perfectionist."[1]

Rausch 11-24-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9145951)

:rolleyes:

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145937)
What?!

There wasn't a scout on the planet that had Griffin as a first rounder after the 2010 season. It wasn't until the midway point of 2011 that the first round shit became a near certainty and he ultimately cemented it with the Combine.

Griffin had one great year in a true spread offense. The same reason you are "downgrading" Geno.

Not putting geno in the same league as rgIII or luck isn't downgrading. It's common sense. RgIII is a terrific pure passer. Better than geno. And that's complimented by elite athleticism. Don't pull this bs that geno is nearly the prospect rgIII was.

Quote:

has done what Luck has done. Their numbers, accuracy, TD's, etc. are virtually identical. And that's with Luck having three NFL level offensive linemen and a top 20 defense. And Geno's football IQ is exceptional.

Somebody is making themselves look foolish, and it's not me.
Stop it. Just stop. You are probably the only person not just on cp, but outside of Wes Virginia fans who would make such a ridiculous statement that geno should be considered the same quality prospect as luck. I want all in on geno. But statements like this make the whole geno movement look ridiculous.

Coogs 11-24-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9145958)
:rolleyes:

Aren't you a breath of fresh air today?

FAX 11-24-2012 12:21 PM

Man, the Nutcracker is no easy gig.

No wonder his voice never changed.

FAX

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9145965)
Not putting geno in the same league as rgIII or luck isn't downgrading. It's common sense. RgIII is a terrific pure passer. Better than geno. And that's complimented by elite athleticism. Don't pull this bs that geno is nearly the prospect rgIII was.

Stop it. Just stop. You are probably the only person not just on cp, but outside of Wes Virginia fans who would make such a ridiculous statement that geno should be considered the same quality prospect as luck. I want all in on geno. But statements like this make the whole geno movement look ridiculous.

Are you ****ing high right now?

Go read Griffin's scouting reports from 2010. Do it. Seriously.

The "whole geno movement?"

The guy is the top rated QB in this draft. The Chiefs need a QB. Geno's a terrific prospect. And yes, his numbers are near identical to Luck's from last season. With a supporting cast that isn't close to what Luck had at Stanford.

As long as you are living in a surrealistic, revisionistic history world currently, how do you think Luck would have done at WV this season? How would Griffin have done?

And you are absolutely obessing over the 2012 draft.

It's long gone dude. Get over it or go purchase a Colts Luck jersey, because it ain't happening.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 12:27 PM

'Zilla wants some ****ing reerun like Bray...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 12:29 PM

Saccopoo's conversion is truly inspiring.

Chiefshrink 11-24-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9145951)

Can't wait until he takes that piece of charcoal and starts drawing up Chiefeangelo masterpiece precise offensive plays that will dismantle defenses especially those in the AFC West:clap: Not sure Michelangelo ever drew with charcoal though:shrug:

If this info is true and not just PR hype, like you this is very very good info about his intelligence. I have not heard much if anything at all about his true intelligence for the game BUT the fact that he has equal to better numbers than Luck with far lesser talent and the pressure to overcompensate every game which you would think his INT total would be much higher. But it isn't which tells you his eye for immediate instinctual intelligence to details and what he sees says he is a wise QB beyond his years at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9146021)
Can't wait until he takes that piece of charcoal and starts drawing up Chiefeangelo masterpiece precise offensive plays that will dismantle defenses especially those in the AFC West:clap: Not sure Michelangelo ever drew with charcoal though:shrug:

If this info is true and not just PR hype, like you this is very very good info about his intelligence. I have not heard much if anything at all about his true intelligence for the game BUT the fact that he has equal to better numbers than Luck with far lesser talent and the pressure to overcompensate every game which you would think his INT total would be much higher. But it isn't which tells you his eye for immediate instinctual intelligence to details and what he sees says he is a wise QB beyond his years at this point.

SS:

Get your ass on board this train NOW.

THE FUTURE IS UPON US!

Sorter 11-24-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9146028)
SS:

THE FUTURE IS UPON US!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5rr...0x65o1_500.gif

Hammock Parties 11-24-2012 12:38 PM

Rausch, learn to love me.

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9145991)
'Zilla wants some ****ing reerun like Bray...

Um no.

And I've said a million times there's no excuse not to take geno.

But comparing him to luc and rgIII. That's going full reerun.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-24-2012 12:41 PM

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Geno actually had a couple snaps under center. And didn't have any trouble with any exchanges. I want to see more of that.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
He started off really strong yesterday. He went through 2-3 progressions. And had a good ball especially with the wind in Iowa.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
In his first 10 throws. He threw a quick screen 10 ft over WRs head. Like Cassel did last week. And threw a ball behind WR on crossing route

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Geno had an NFL throw he progressed to 3rd read. Threw the long out route against the wind at hit WR spot on.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
When the route is a quick read he gets the ball out quick. When it's a deep pass he will stare down the route & throws into double & triple

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Geno went back to some old habits in the 2nd half. He went back to staring down the WR and wouldn't look off the safety.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Geno has a habit off floating deep balls and allowing other team to make a play because he stared down the route.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Positives of Geno: He drove the ball on the quick passes. He was elusive in the pocket. We saw some under center. Better PA fakes.

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71
Negatives of Geno: Stared down routes at times, floats deep balls, and I still haven't seen all the throws.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9146035)
Rausch, learn to love me.

ROFLLMAO

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145984)
Are you ****ing high right now?

Go read Griffin's scouting reports from 2010. Do it. Seriously.

The "whole geno movement?"

The guy is the top rated QB in this draft. The Chiefs need a QB. Geno's a terrific prospect. And yes, his numbers are near identical to Luck's from last season. With a supporting cast that isn't close to what Luck had at Stanford.

As long as you are living in a surrealistic, revisionistic history world currently, how do you think Luck would have done at WV this season? How would Griffin have done?

And you are absolutely obessing over the 2012 draft.

It's long gone dude. Get over it or go purchase a Colts Luck jersey, because it ain't happening.

You are the only person that puts geno in the same class as luck and rgIII.

Off this board. And on chiefs planet. Even SNR, his biggest fan, has said as much.

So please. Just stop. People like your enthusiasm but nobody agrees with you. Geno is a better prospect than a lot of top qbs over the years, but please stop bringing luck and rgIII into this.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 12:45 PM

Geno has the ability to create the 4th quarter drive. If his defense lets him down like a complete bag o' dicks(see OU), that's NOT his fault.

Smith today,

Smith tomorrow,

Smith FOREVAR.

Buckweath 11-24-2012 12:46 PM

I really want Smith but I'll be happy if he just becomes a Josh Freeman, whom I don't think is good enough to win a superbowl. Us chiefs fans have been disappointed enough lately, please don't overhype Geno Smith.

Hammock Parties 11-24-2012 12:49 PM

Josh Freeman is absolutely good enough to win a SB.

I was trumpeting his coming greatness all offseason and what do you know...21 TDs, 7 INTs, best downfield passer in the league.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9146062)
I really want Smith but I'll be happy if he just becomes a Josh Freeman, whom I don't think is good enough to win a superbowl. Us chiefs fans have been disappointed enough lately, please don't overhype Geno Smith.

LIVE THE DREAM!

Chiefshrink 11-24-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9146062)

Buckweath, you are like Obama expecting us as a people to expect lesser standards for our American way of life and I refuse to expect lesser standards for our future Chiefs QBOTF expecting and accepting no more than Josh Freeman play !!

Chiefshrink 11-24-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9146028)
SS:

THE FUTURE IS UPON US!

I am ! I am ! I am ! Geno I am !!!