ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

listopencil 02-15-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9405198)

She was sexy once. But, hey, so was I. Age comes for all of us Carrie.

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 9405090)

This is so ****ing cool.

Harrison ****ing Ford is playing Han ****ing Solo again.

HOLY ****ING SHIT.

Deberg_1990 02-15-2013 11:47 AM

Interesting.....with special effects advances, he could be CGI "de-aged" i imagine?

Frosty 02-15-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9405250)
She was sexy once. But, hey, so was I. Age comes for all of us Carrie.

What? You don't think something like this would be sexy?

http://tbexperience.com/posts/237/237-F.jpg

bowener 02-15-2013 12:02 PM

I was talking to a friend the other day, and he was telling me about the Dark Empire Trilogy.

It sounds very interesting to me, but it also sounded like the most likely direction they would go in for the new films. It would follow up on most of the characters that casual fans (such as myself) know, but would also sort of gently expose them to the expanded universe/story, and allow for future endeavors to go further into the universe/story without the familiar characters from the past.

Can anybody tell me more about this trilogy? I've started reading about it on Wiki a bit ago. I'm curious to see what others think of the liklihood that it will be next in line, especially now that they have announced Ford will be back as Han.

bowener 02-15-2013 12:03 PM

Ok, a bit more reading and I see there is another trilogy between the original SW and the DE trilogy...

Also, why would Han and Leia name their son Anakin? I suppose Vader did have one final selfless act... but that would be akin to Hitler having one last selfless act before death... does it really out weigh a lifetime of evil?

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 12:09 PM

I bet Disney kills Han Solo off. It's what Ford wanted in 1983.

Frosty 02-15-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9404695)
I re-read the original Zahn trilogy about 10 years ago, after initially reading it when it was released and it did not stand the test of time.

I had never heard of the trilogy until I read about it here on CP. I picked it up a couple of months ago and found the first book a chore to get through. I'll read the rest at some point but I was disappointed it wasn't as awesome as people made it out to be.

Maybe I still needed to be in high school to enjoy it. :shrug:

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9405334)
I was talking to a friend the other day, and he was telling me about the Dark Empire Trilogy.

It sounds very interesting to me, but it also sounded like the most likely direction they would go in for the new films. It would follow up on most of the characters that casual fans (such as myself) know, but would also sort of gently expose them to the expanded universe/story, and allow for future endeavors to go further into the universe/story without the familiar characters from the past.

Can anybody tell me more about this trilogy? I've started reading about it on Wiki a bit ago. I'm curious to see what others think of the liklihood that it will be next in line, especially now that they have announced Ford will be back as Han.

Dude, they will be brand new stories with no tie ins to the EU.

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9405366)
I bet Disney kills Han Solo off. It's what Ford wanted in 1983.

I think it would be shocking if Disney were to kill such a beloved character. It would be like killing Mickey Mouse.

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9405627)
I think it would be shocking if Disney were to kill such a beloved character. It would be like killing Mickey Mouse.

It wouldn't surprise me simply because Ford can pretty much ask for whatever he wants, and he wanted it 30 years ago.

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 03:03 PM

http://www.starwarsreport.com/wp-con...lo-is-old1.jpg

DaneMcCloud 02-15-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9405673)
It wouldn't surprise me simply because Ford can pretty much ask for whatever he wants, and he wanted it 30 years ago.

It doesnt matter what Ford wants. Disney is not going to bow to his wishes and kill a beloved character.

It's ****ing DISNEY.

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9405774)
It doesnt matter what Ford wants. Disney is not going to bow to his wishes and kill a beloved character.

It's ****ing DISNEY.

And he's Harrison Ford.

If he doesn't want to be in the movie unless Han Solo dies, he simply won't do it.

But maybe he's cool with whatever. Just speculating.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-15-2013 03:31 PM

Are they going to use john williams, use the scene-wipes etc? If not...FAIL.
Posted via Mobile Device