ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mad Men (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231096)

Reaper16 04-12-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11429541)
I think she's a phenomenal actress with an incredibly bright future, but I can't help but "sigh" every time they shift to her, Betty and her new husband. I'd rather see more of Pete, Joan, Don, Roger and most of all, Harry.

The "Media Guy" is essential to ad agencies beginning in the late 60's (and of course, indispensable today), so for me, I'd have liked to see more of his character as opposed to Don's former family.

I keep waiting for the show to get around to Harry's eventual takeover of agency importance but it doesn't happen. I'm guessing he'll be something like king shit by the time the finale ends.

Discuss Thrower 04-12-2015 10:41 PM

Not a fan of Megan anymore...

Brock 04-12-2015 10:55 PM

Well, now you've seen Harry. What a king sized fail.

Baby Lee 04-13-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11425153)
Trying to figure Elizabeth Reaser's casting there.

Was it just her passing resemblance to Maggie Siff?
Is she starting a more substantial arc?
Has her star power fallen far enough that she's a one-off guest star type now?

That answers that.

siberian khatru 04-13-2015 07:38 AM

You all realize the entire show was a figment of Dick Whitman's imagination as he lies dying in Korea. :p

siberian khatru 04-13-2015 07:39 AM

Dick's snow globe. Or Dick's Jacob's Ladder.

NewChief 04-13-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11433658)
Not a fan of Megan anymore...

Jesus. What a money grubbing twat. How the hell did Don ruin her life? He set her ass up and gave her free reign to pursue her career.

Discuss Thrower 04-13-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11435439)
Jesus. What a money grubbing twat. How the hell did Don ruin her life? He set her ass up and gave her free reign to pursue her career.

And then she thought the check was a practical joke or something AFTER he made a point that he'd take care her financially.

There's a reason why nobody likes the Quebecois.

DaneMcCloud 04-13-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11435439)

Everyone is proving to be shallow and phony. Maybe Winer's intention is to make the audience revile everyone but Don by the time the series is over.

On a side note, a friend shared some pics of Hamm the night before he entered rehab and good grief, what a disaster. That coupled with the revelation that he severely beat a kid during a hazing incident is really hurting his public persona.

NewChief 04-13-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11435457)
Everyone is proving to be shallow and phony. Maybe Winer's intention is to make the audience revile everyone but Don by the time the series is over.

On a side note, a friend shared some pics of Hamm the night before he entered rehab and good grief, what a disaster. That coupled with the revelation that he severely beat a kid during a hazing incident is really hurting his public persona.

I can imagine that playing Don Draper would drive one to drink. Hell, the show makes me feel okay about drinking more than normal when I'm immersed in it (I binge watched the series over a month last year) because they normalize it so much. I've actually thought to myself "i don't drink that much. I mean. At least not like those guys on Mad Men."

Discuss Thrower 04-13-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11435466)
I can imagine that playing Don Draper would drive one to drink. Hell, the show makes me feel okay about drinking more than normal when I'm immersed in it (I binge watched the series over a month last year) because they normalize it so much. I've actually thought to myself "i don't drink that much. I mean. At least not like those guys on Mad Men."

I started smoking more frequently after binging the first few seasons..

DaneMcCloud 04-13-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11435466)

I could maybe see that in the begonia but seven years later? Personally, I think it's because Mad Men is coming to an end and every thing else Hamm has done has been met with disinterest.

DaneMcCloud 04-13-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11435471)
I started smoking more frequently after binging the first few seasons..

I started having more and more meaningless affairs

Discuss Thrower 04-13-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11435482)
I started having more and more meaningless affairs

That's not nice.

Baby Lee 04-13-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11435477)
I could maybe see that in the begonia but seven years later? Personally, I think it's because Mad Men is coming to an end and every thing else Hamm has done has been met with disinterest.

He had a great turn on Kimmy Schmidt