ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

Bwana 10-10-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 10999831)
A lot of outdoor ranges do not allow steel-coated rounds either. Any place you go where they first ask to test a round with a magnet will tell you that the round is not allowed at their range. Reason: backstops at indoor ranges may not be spec'd to handle (stop) harder materials (e.g. steel vs copper); outdoor ranges don't like them because they spark when hitting rocks (fire hazard).

Wolf ammo is garbage. Don't put it in an AR. In an AK, sure.

Yeah I just ordered 1000 rounds of it for the new AK. Give away price and works fine in an AK. I also agree with taking a pass on using it in an AR. None of it goes in any of my AR's period.

HC_Chief 10-10-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10999850)
Yeah I just ordered 1000 rounds of it for the new AK. Give away price and works fine in an AR. I also agree with taking a pass on using it in an AR. None of it goes in any of my AR's period.

I want an AK but since moving to California (republic of), I've decided against it. It is a PITA to obtain a weapon LEGALLY in this state. The gun laws are truly special. Hell, I haven't even been to a range...may need to hit one when we go back to KC for Christmas/New Years.

Bwana 10-10-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 10999888)
I want an AK but since moving to California (republic of), I've decided against it. It is a PITA to obtain a weapon LEGALLY in this state. The gun laws are truly special. Hell, I haven't even been to a range...may need to hit one when we go back to KC for Christmas/New Years.

Yeah that sucks. I know those douche bags out there have some restrictive gun laws to say the least.

driver2 10-10-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 10999831)
A lot of outdoor ranges do not allow steel-coated rounds either. Any place you go where they first ask to test a round with a magnet will tell you that the round is not allowed at their range. Reason: backstops at indoor ranges may not be spec'd to handle (stop) harder materials (e.g. steel vs copper); outdoor ranges don't like them because they spark when hitting rocks (fire hazard).

Wolf ammo is garbage. Don't put it in an AR. In an AK, sure.

Always chuckle when I see this!

Trivers 10-11-2014 08:33 PM

Just got back from Cabelas. Gun department manager stated he expects 9mm and .223 to drop 10-20% in the next few months.

btlook1 10-11-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 11006898)
Just got back from Cabelas. Gun department manager stated he expects 9mm and .223 to drop 10-20% in the next few months.

That would be nice...did he say why exactly? What about .22? lol

Tombstone RJ 10-11-2014 10:40 PM

anyone own a Hi Point gun?

johnny961 10-11-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10981239)
I should, but I don't. I don't reload anything. :shake:

If you dont use any of this fired brass and you wouldn't mind getting rid of a few keep me in mind. I'm always looking for once fired brass in 10mm. In fact I reload several different handgun calibers. No big hurry. Just whenever you get a bunch of em drop me a pm if you want to mess with it and we'll work out a price. Might be awhile before I get back with you though. Been busy as hell at work and not on here even lurking as much as I used to be.

johnny961 10-11-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Would be nice if this happened everywhere. About 10 years ago a guy could pick up brass cased 9mm ball ammo for under $100 / 1000. I never even thought about reloading 9 because it was cheap to shoot. I never expect to see those prices again but 20% would be a big step in the right direction.

Tombstone RJ 10-12-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

I wonder if they are counting on the elections coming up to affect pricing? If the senate gets a Republican majority then prices will drop? However, if Harry Reid and BO maintain the senate, well, elections have consequences.

rockymtnchief 10-12-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 11007247)
anyone own a Hi Point gun?

I have the .45 pistol. It's heavy and ugly. It's always fired and I don't worry if it falls out of the boat or gets full of cow shit.

Dunerdr 10-12-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 11007624)
I wonder if they are counting on the elections coming up to affect pricing? If the senate gets a Republican majority then prices will drop? However, if Harry Reid and BO maintain the senate, well, elections have consequences.

The best thing that could happen gun wise for us would be conservative majority and a conservative rootin tootin cowboy president.

Breaking news: Obama phones cancelled; discount military surplus ammo to all citizens with valid I'd.

Bwana 10-12-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 11007292)
If you dont use any of this fired brass and you wouldn't mind getting rid of a few keep me in mind. I'm always looking for once fired brass in 10mm. In fact I reload several different handgun calibers. No big hurry. Just whenever you get a bunch of em drop me a pm if you want to mess with it and we'll work out a price. Might be awhile before I get back with you though. Been busy as hell at work and not on here even lurking as much as I used to be.

Will do.

Trivers 10-12-2014 11:51 AM

Beginning the quest for my "bug out" weapon:

What do you think of this configuration

an AR (piston, 1.7 twist, combined 556/223 chamber) with an extra upper for a AR-10?

Which one mfg would you pick and why?

Thanks

Tombstone RJ 10-12-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 11007637)
I have the .45 pistol. It's heavy and ugly. It's always fired and I don't worry if it falls out of the boat or gets full of cow shit.

Good to know, thanks!