ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saul Good 05-24-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9705912)
Big 12 isn't adding anyone. if they wouldn't add BYU or Louisville they aint adding Cinci or Memphis, LULZ.

You're acting like they chose not to expand over taking Louisville. That isn't the case. They chose WVU and TCU over Louisville. It was, in my opinion, a terrible decision, but it is what it is.

As long as the conference is the only one without a title game, they will be looking to expand. Given their economic situation, they don't have to hurry and make a move out of desperation, but their situation gets a little less stable the closer it gets to the end of the GOR.

I think Cincy would be the best option at the moment. (I'm also biased in that I have personal reasons to want them in the Big 12, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.)

Pros:
Cincy is a decent sized school with solid football and basketball programs.
It's the (distant) #2 school in a large state with a ton of football talent. It bridges the gap between WVU and the rest of the conference a bit.
It's not locked into a GOR.

Cons:
Not a very good school academically
Commuter/city school
Smallish stadium/mediocre facilities

Over all, I think it's a solid option. If the conference were at 12, they wouldn't be worth expanding over. At only 10 members, they are a good number 11 as long as you can find a suitable 12. They would have been a perfect 12 if Louisville was the 11.

Nobody is mentioning Houston. They could be a possible target.

Prison Bitch 05-24-2013 08:46 AM

Adding Cinci would be like the SEC taking in Mississippi State. The world doesn't need more welfare recipients.

Bambi 05-26-2013 11:00 AM

The B1G can't annul the Rutgers move fast enough.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...ipPeGn4t3rCDqM

warpaint* 05-26-2013 11:36 AM

Cinci's would be a terrible add. I agree that Louisville would have been a better add than TCU and would have represented 2 decent additions along w/ WVU.

There doesn't appear to be a lot out there from the Big XII's POV at this time. I'd stay at 10 for the time being if I were them. If we have learned anything in the past three years it's that the landscape and circumstances are fluid. I think they panicked on TCU and won't make the same mistake twice.

warpaint* 05-26-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9706018)
Adding Cinci would be like the SEC taking in Mississippi State. The world doesn't need more welfare recipients.

Since neither is in OH them taking in Pitt is a better analogy. Neither would bring much to the table as little brother city schools.

Adding Miss St would be more like adding TCU only the latter is worse since it's school #4 in state as opposed to #2. Redundant 3 times over.

That and Miss St has 20k students vs probably half that at TCU so half as many alums.

Sassy Squatch 05-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9710318)
The B1G can't annul the Rutgers move fast enough.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/t...ipPeGn4t3rCDqM

LMAO just look at her. What a smug bitch.

Titty Meat 05-26-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9710710)
LMAO just look at her. What a smug bitch.

Who? Bambi?

Sassy Squatch 05-26-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9710713)
Who? Bambi?

Sure.

Prison Bitch 05-26-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9710394)
Since neither is in OH them taking in Pitt is a better analogy. Neither would bring much to the table as little brother city schools.

Adding Miss St would be more like adding TCU only the latter is worse since it's school #4 in state as opposed to #2. Redundant 3 times over.

That and Miss St has 20k students vs probably half that at TCU so half as many alums.

Don't bother defending that joke of a school in that joke of a state. Just send them their annual welfare checks and try to forget a school so pathetic is in the SEC

warpaint* 05-26-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9711005)
Don't bother defending that joke of a school in that joke of a state. Just send them their annual welfare checks and try to forget a school so pathetic is in the SEC

Ha! I'm not defending them. There are just better comparisons that's all.

The state itself is not a joke in terms of football talent. It's chock full of it and one of the reasons the league is so dominant is that no other major conferences have a foothold there.

Which is further damnation re: how bad Miss St has been over the years sans the 90s when Jackie Sherrill was there cheating his butt off. In that regard they couldn't be more pathetic all things considered.

Bambi 05-28-2013 06:36 PM

The hits keep comin for the B1G. What a mess that conference is turning out to be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/29/sp...ef=sports&_r=0

Prison Bitch 05-28-2013 06:49 PM

She can keep her job because she's a woman. And politically correct liberal universities won't punish a female. That would be a war on women.

Sassy Squatch 05-28-2013 06:51 PM

Someone with that much dirt shouldn't be holding any power

Titty Meat 05-29-2013 10:22 PM

Nebraska was voted as having the best WR group in the B1G? Whoever thought we would see that? This could be a special year given the easy schedule if the defense can improve.

Saul Good 05-30-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9718283)
Nebraska was voted as having the best WR group in the B1G? Whoever thought we would see that? This could be a special year given the easy schedule if the defense can improve.

Don't hold your breath on the defense part. I watched a seven year old with cancer shred them for about 70 yards right up the gut. He didn't look much faster than a typical skill position player in the B1G.