ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2013 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271256)

BossChief 03-31-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9542191)
Is he? He was a good college player but doesn't have great measurables. Maybe he'll be a Priest Holmes kinda guy.

The guy will never be elite because he doesn't possess that type of skill set, but what he does have is a well balanced game and he can do damn near everything coaches will ask of him right away.

If he works at it, I think he could be another Frank Gore...but there may be a better comparison for him. Priest may be a bit of a stretch, but I do think the guy can be a highly effective player in the NFL. He blocks well, understands angles, catches well out of the backfield, has good power and is a smart football player that every coach wants on his team.

That pick was one of the steals of this draft IMO.

RealSNR 03-31-2013 11:10 AM

Bo if you pick my guy, I will let Rex Burkhead go undrafted like the bitch he is

DaKCMan AP 03-31-2013 04:51 PM

Thanks to Pest & ChiefsCountry for filling in while I was away. Awesome is back.

Sfeihc 03-31-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9544156)
Thanks to Pest & ChiefsCountry for filling in while I was away. Awesome is back.

Just in time to take a Maize and Blue ass whuppin'!!! Hail to the Victors!:)

Titty Meat 03-31-2013 05:52 PM

Baltimore Ravens select DT Kwame Geathers Georgia

DaKCMan AP 03-31-2013 06:04 PM

Miami Dolphins select WR Ace Sanders, South Carolina.

ChiefsCountry 03-31-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9544156)

Where the picks alright with you? By the way Ace Sanders was who I was going to pick for you.

RealSNR 03-31-2013 06:20 PM

Whew! That was close.

Another fantastic athlete is available to the Packers. Teams may question his declining production in his junior and senior season, which is why you draft this guy and have him play special teams. If he's got the drive and the will, you just got yourself a steal. You need to take these players whenever you can get them.

The Packers select Devin Taylor, DE/OLB, South Carolina

RealSNR 03-31-2013 06:45 PM

I'm much happier with my Packers draft than my Chiefs draft. There's not a single player on this list that I question if I made the right decision. BPA/need were fused together harmoniously to create this beautiful piece of art I call the Green Bay Packers 2013 draft:

1. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2. Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
3. Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
4. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
5. Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech
5. Devin Taylor, DE/OLB, South Carolina

Eifert and Franklin were need picks (well, I made Eifert a need, anyway) that are going to add so much sizzle and pop to that offense. Frederick should already claim the starting center position in training camp, which will stabilize an interior offensive line plagued with injuries and guys like Evan Dietrich Smith not knowing wtf is going on. Boyce, Sweeting, and Taylor are all "depth" picks, but in the sense that their contributions on special teams and in reserve roles will be all they can do for a bit, but as the team learns to depend on them, they all have a great shot to be key players, and even starters on this Packers team.

Most importantly, they're selections that pick around the edges of cleaning up the pass protection issues. The Packers with three of their OTs 100% healthy is going to be the biggest thing. When they start getting back into sync, these guys like Eifert and Frederick are going to really fit the bill for them.

Sorter 03-31-2013 07:10 PM

This round seriously skull-****ed my board.

JFC. It looked like I was going to get 3rd round quality RBs in the 6th for NYJ.

RealSNR 03-31-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9544364)
This round seriously skull-****ed my board.

JFC. It looked like I was going to get 3rd round quality RBs in the 6th for NYJ.

I like Randle and Davis. Every other RB picked this round I don't like very much.

Well, except for Bell, of course. :)

Mr. Flopnuts 03-31-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9544387)
I like Randle and Davis. Every other RB picked this round I don't like very much.

Well, except for Bell, of course. :)

If you don't like Stepfan, you're not paying attention.

RealSNR 03-31-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9544551)
If you don't like Stepfan, you're not paying attention.

You can have him

Mr. Flopnuts 03-31-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9544567)
You can have him

You can watch him. Guys like him are underrated. He helped make Andrew Luck. He took pressure off the offense. I'm not going to justify the guy, he's a 2nd-3rd round talent taken in the 5th. I done my job. I'm just surprised that you don't see what he is. Maybe you shouldn't be an NFL GM. ;)

RealSNR 03-31-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9544573)
You can watch him. Guys like him are underrated. He helped make Andrew Luck. He took pressure off the offense. I'm not going to justify the guy, he's a 2nd-3rd round talent taken in the 5th. I done my job. I'm just surprised that you don't see what he is. Maybe you shouldn't be an NFL GM. ;)

He's great for the 5th round, but he's far from a 2nd-3rd round RB.

I'd rather have all of those RBs that were just drafted in the 5th round (including Barner) over Taylor