ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:08 PM

This was like Vince losing his mind for a night and booking everything for the internet fanbase. Daniel Bryan, money in the bank winner? Christian, Heavyweight Champion? CM Punk, WWE Champion?

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:10 PM

I hope to christ tomorrow's raw rating is HUGE. It should be, I've never seen so many bitter longtime fans so excited to watch.

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:13 PM

http://i.imgur.com/1ScDe.jpg

4th and Long 07-17-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7754398)
I don't think so either. But Punk's mentioned it a number of times recently. That I'm not so sure about. Austin is a big fan of Punk (seriously).

Note that only Punk is entertaining the idea.
Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7754398)
And it would be a great natural feud between straight edge and drinker. Question is, who's the heel and who's the face.

Punk is the face. Austin just has to pull the old, "That no good sum bitch, CM Punk ..." one time and he's the heel.

4th and Long 07-17-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7754417)

:LOL: LMAO :LOL:

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 7754420)
Note that only Punk is entertaining the idea.

I actually don't know if that's the case or not.

But as I said, I don't expect Austin to ever wrestle again.

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:19 PM

WWE.com (which I rarely if ever visit...) is actually referring to Cena as "now-fired".

Mr_Tomahawk 07-17-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7754433)
WWE.com (which I rarely if ever visit...) is actually referring to Cena as "now-fired".

But does that really mean anything coming from their site...

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 7754434)
But does that really mean anything coming from their site...

'course not.

I am curious if they'll write an article about it, though. So far it's just mentioned in the match recap.

On a different note, a year ago I was pretty sure Miz was going to be the first Money in the Bank winner to lose. I'd say there's about 99.9% it'll be Danielson now. Although I love that they gave him the briefcase, and I thought that was a great match, better than Raw's.

Sassy Squatch 07-17-2011 09:22 PM

It was kind of hilarious how he kicked Del Rio in the face like a boss and just left.

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:24 PM

This is the 'official' wwe.com story:
Quote:

CM Punk def. WWE Champion John Cena (New WWE Champion)

By: Craig Tello July 17, 2011

CHICAGO — CM Punk did it. He opened a black hole in the WWE Universe, seizing the WWE Championship in his hometown within his final hours as a contracted employee of Vince McMahon, sufficiently embarrassing The WWE Chairman and conquering a presumably fired John Cena, “The Champ.”

As time precariously ticked away toward the expiration of Punk’s contract, a fretful Mr. McMahon’s overzealous acts during the high stakes bout enabled The Second City Savior to supplant Cena as the new WWE Champion. Then, averting the last-ditch desperate measures of WWE’s CEO – including an attempted Montreal-esque Chicago Screwjob and a cash-in coup by Money in the Bank contract winner Alberto Del Rio – Punk escaped through the crowd with the WWE Title and its 63-year lineage, as he blew Mr. McMahon and WWE a kiss goodbye.

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:24 PM

Ohh, they changed it to "presumably fired". When I read it originally it said "now-fired".

Already backstepping.

4th and Long 07-17-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7754442)
Ohh, they changed it to "presumably fired". When I read it originally it said "now-fired".

Already backstepping.

The creative team, hard at work. :spock:

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:29 PM

Supposedly what happened after it went off the air (read: not much):
Quote:

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER MONEY IN THE BANK WENT OFF THE AIR
by Chris Brainard @ 11:01 PM on 7/17/2011 pwinsider

After CM Punk left through the crowd, Vince McMahon stayed on the apron looking out into the crowd for a few minutes before slowly walking towards the back. He waited for Johnny Ace, who was being helped by two referees. Vince then nailed Johnny, laying him out before walking off. That was it.
Bad day to be John Laurinaitis' face...

keg in kc 07-17-2011 09:38 PM

Woah, Meltzer with some high praise:
Quote:

One of the best PPVs the company has ever done.
I don't disagree. I enjoyed that more than the last two manias. I can't remember a show I enjoyed that much from top-to-bottom since the first One Night Stand.