ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RealSNR 12-20-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228827)
Either way. The Chiefs will tag either Albert or Bowe and hopefully sign one of them to a long term deal instead of them playing on the tag like Bowe last season.

The Chiefs cannot contractually hold both players. And I doubt that they will sign voluntarily. They can get more money and play for a better team elsewhere. Why would they resign with the Chiefs when they can get more money elsewhere?

Why did Jamaal Charles sign here after a 4-12 2009 season?

Why did Tamba Hali and Brandon Flowers get paid handsomely by the team?

Why did Eric Winston accept a lesser deal in KC than he could have had elsewhere?

You know ****ing nothing about Albert or Bowe or what they want. So quit making up shit predictions and act like they hold value in conversations about drafting QBs.

kcbubb 12-20-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9228832)
Why did Jamaal Charles sign here after a 4-12 2009 season?

Why did Tamba Hali and Brandon Flowers get paid handsomely by the team?

Why did Eric Winston accept a lesser deal in KC than he could have had elsewhere?

You know ****ing nothing about Albert or Bowe or what they want. So quit making up shit predictions and act like they hold value in conversations about drafting QBs.

That's pretty easy. Tamba was tagged. Flowers was extened. Flowers was NOT a free agent. Jamaal Charles was not a free agent either. He would have been a restricted free agent. Not a FREE AGENT.

I don't know about Winston. He signed for 4 years for $22 mil. That's probably the best offer he got. I hope. He's not that good. But we were desperate for a RT.

So, for all the players you mentioned, we got winston on the open free agent market!!! yay! go chiefs! spend the money!

jd1020 12-20-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228845)
I don't know about Winston. He signed for 4 years for $22 mil. That's probably the best offer he got. I hope. He's not that good. But we were desperate for a RT.

Pretty sure it's the only offer he got.

He came to KC and didn't leave even though he had plans to meet with other teams.

kcbubb 12-20-2012 10:54 PM

we got winston! really. That's the proof that we are going to resign both Bowe and Albert. :)

kcbubb 12-20-2012 10:55 PM

this is kinda funny. it is like you guys didn't realize that the Chiefs were cheap.

-King- 12-20-2012 11:00 PM

Why do you guys keep responding to him?

Molitoth 12-20-2012 11:00 PM

Kcbubb is shitting up a good thread.

BigMeatballDave 12-20-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228827)

The Chiefs cannot contractually hold both players. And I doubt that they will sign voluntarily. They can get more money and play for a better team elsewhere. Why would they resign with the Chiefs when they can get more money elsewhere?

Not so sure about Albert. Looks like there could be more than a few other LTs available in FA. I can easily see him resign with KC.

RealSNR 12-20-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228850)
this is kinda funny. it is like you guys didn't realize that the Chiefs were cheap.

Chiefs are cheap.... meaning we should draft one of the worst top LT prospects the draft has seen in years at #1 overall?

Here's what you fail to realize. The LTs suck WAAAY more than the QBs. The DEs suck WAAAAY more than the QBs.

But because there are perceived wrinkles in all of the QBs (like there are EVERY GODDAMN YEAR) you think we should pass on a QB and take a shitty LT?

Building a team around linebackers and interior linemen is ****ing idiocy. We tried this before, remember? IT DOESN'T ****ING WORK.

RealSNR 12-20-2012 11:13 PM

Also, it doesn't ****ing work that way, dumbass.

You don't just say, "The Chiefs are cheap. End of story." A general manager is cheap. An owner is cheap. Whoever writes the contracts is cheap. A team itself can't be ****ing cheap though.

And guess what? We're getting a new GM. He might not be cheap. How would you know if he's not? All you've ever known in the modern era of football is Carl Peterson and Scott Pioli.

At any rate, you don't know ****ing shit. So quit making assumptions and predictions that inform your draft prognostications. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Right now the issue is you think Luke Joeckel = AWESOME, when it's been proven that if you draft the LT before the QB, that shit never ****ing works. Ever.

Go kill yourself.

silver5liter 12-20-2012 11:14 PM

FINALLY I CAN USE A CUSTOM SIG AND AVI

kcbubb 12-21-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9228869)
Also, it doesn't ****ing work that way, dumbass.

You don't just say, "The Chiefs are cheap. End of story." A general manager is cheap. An owner is cheap. Whoever writes the contracts is cheap. A team itself can't be ****ing cheap though.

And guess what? We're getting a new GM. He might not be cheap. How would you know if he's not? All you've ever known in the modern era of football is Carl Peterson and Scott Pioli.

At any rate, you don't know ****ing shit. So quit making assumptions and predictions that inform your draft prognostications. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Right now the issue is you think Luke Joeckel = AWESOME, when it's been proven that if you draft the LT before the QB, that shit never ****ing works. Ever.

Go kill yourself.

This post contained no relevant information other than to show how truly ignorant you are. To say that the Chiefs are not a cheap franchise is to ignore the facts. That's just the way it is.

And I don't think we should draft Joeckel. I think we should resign Albert & Bowe. I just know this franchise. We won't bring back both Bowe & Albert. If we lose Albert, we will have a huge hole at LT. If we lose our LT, it is very likely that we will take the best LT with our 1st pick.

RealSNR 12-21-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228929)
This post contained no relevant information other than to show how truly ignorant you are. To say that the Chiefs are not a cheap franchise is to ignore the facts. That's just the way it is.

And I don't think we should draft Joeckel. I think we should resign Albert & Bowe. I just know this franchise. We won't bring back both Bowe & Albert. If we lose Albert, we will have a huge hole at LT. If we lose our LT, it is very likely that we will take the best LT with our 1st pick.

If we lose Albert via free agency, who the **** cares? We still need to get a QB.

DeezNutz 12-21-2012 12:44 AM

Are we still really debating the merits of Smith?

silver5liter 12-21-2012 12:45 AM

If we lose Albert then Stephenson is our starter then grab a new tackle in the 2nd or 3rd. This doesnt change the fact that we need Geno