ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RealSNR 12-20-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228589)
Trading draft picks has nothing to do with the actual pick. It has to do with the player that's available. Case in point is RGIII. obviously they will give up more bc it's RGIII. There is no RG3 in this class. Jarvis Jones is the closest thing. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted to trade up for him. Same thing with Dallas trading up for Claiborne. They didn't trade up for the 6th pick. They gave up a lot to move up to get Claiborne. Hopefully someone will want to move up for Jarvis Jones.

And yes he disappeared against Bama at times bc he was double teamed and chipped. They game planned for him. He's an elite player. Only question on him is his medical.

Wait, there's a question on a player? Oohhh, see I was told by people that the #1 overall pick has to be a SURE thing. It's life or death if you get the pick right!

So basically you can't find a team that would give up the Redskins package because.... teams don't like the available players?

Sounds like a team in that spot should take the best QB available then.

Chiefs=Champions 12-20-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9228631)
Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

Not likely a top-10 pick based on early talks I've had with NFL people. RT @Wardamus: @caplannfl Thoughts on Geno to the Chiefs at 1?

PEOPLE WERE STILL HOPING TO DRAFT RGIII THIS TIME LAST YEAR! Wait till the combine is over. Geno will solidify himself as the 1st overall pick.

kcbubb 12-20-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9228609)
No shit.

You said they would resign Bowe. Therefor, they can tag Albert.

Why would Bowe resign with the Chiefs unless he thought he would be tagged? You don't think he wants to play somewhere else?

O.city 12-20-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228640)
He can be tagged again. The tag is what forces players to stay with their team. They don't want to be tagged so they sign.

This is just wrong.

They aren't gonna tag him again, and pay him 12 million dollars next year.

RealSNR 12-20-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228651)
Why would Bowe resign with the Chiefs unless he thought he would be tagged? You don't think he wants to play somewhere else?

Bowe said to Adam Teicher that he wants to stay in Kansas City. Says he loves it here.

I know money talks, but why the **** would he leave as long as the price was right?

O.city 12-20-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228651)

So players sign because they are afraid of being tagged?

Then why didn't he sign this year?

AussieChiefsFan 12-20-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9228657)
Bowe said to Adam Teicher that he wants to stay in Kansas City. Says he loves it here.

I know money talks, but why the **** would he leave as long as the price was right?

And the possibilty of a franchise QB coming in next year would be attractive.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-20-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228625)
Bowe would rather sign with someone else unless he knew he was going to be tagged.

Nothing says sorry like MONEY.

O.city 12-20-2012 09:23 PM

This guy has to be trolling us.

kcbubb 12-20-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9228657)

This is the Chiefs. When has the money ever been right? When is the last time we spent real money on a free agent? It won't happen. Bowe walks or Albert walks. One or the other, because you can't threaten both with the tag. I think they will choose to let Albert walk. And then use the threat of the tag on Bowe to force him to sign a long term deal.

RealSNR 12-20-2012 09:24 PM

If the Chiefs don't get Albert or Bowe under a new contract, who the **** are they going to spend that money on?

Don't forget, we're gonna free up some cap room when we sell Cassel to the gay sex slavery market in Mozambique

jd1020 12-20-2012 09:24 PM

"The threat of the tag"

LMAOLMAOLMAO

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-20-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228667)
This is the Chiefs. When has the money ever been right? When is the last time we spent real money on a free agent? It won't happen. Bowe walks or Albert walks. One or the other, because you can't threaten both with the tag. I think they will choose to let Albert walk. And then use the threat of the tag on Bowe to force him to sign a long term deal.

Well this year teams HAVE to spend 90% of the cap.

RunKC 12-20-2012 09:24 PM

Geno/Wilson+Chip Kelly+Charles+Bowe=JIZZ IN MY PANTS

RealSNR 12-20-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 9228667)
I think they will choose to let Albert walk.

Why?