ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

notorious 01-22-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9342964)
it was all over priced IMHO. It's like these guys think we are idiots or something. It looked like some of them went into their basements or attics and found old boxes of ammo, and said, "hey, maybe I can get $65 for this crap??" Old pump action shotguns for $450? You kidding me?

Funny thing is they were bitching because apparently morons in other states (I live in Wyoming and we ain't stupid) were paying twice as much. So if they were asking $2500 for an AR at the the show I was at in Wyo, that meant that in other shows they wanted $5000 for the same rifle, and they were getting it.

JFC, I really need to get my lowers so I can go to a gun show and make a killing.

Tombstone RJ 01-22-2013 08:53 PM

I will be going back to the show in March to see about trading my rather gussied up SKS for a bone stock SKS.

dred 01-22-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9342964)
it was all over priced IMHO. It's like these guys think we are idiots or something. It looked like some of them went into their basements or attics and found old boxes of ammo, and said, "hey, maybe I can get $65 for this crap??" Old pump action shotguns for $450? You kidding me?

Funny thing is they were bitching because apparently morons in other states (I live in Wyoming and we ain't stupid) were paying twice as much. So if they were asking $2500 for an AR at the the show I was at in Wyo, that meant that in other shows they wanted $5000 for the same rifle, and they were getting it.

It's pretty much the same thing here in Virginia.

crackhead prices on anything AR related. LMAO

LiveSteam 01-22-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9342901)
so I went to my first gun show... just putting that out there for anyone interested in what I thought about it.

I will take a listen.
Its been a long time for me. last one I went to. 2005 or so,was 10 or 12 dollars to get into & no deals to be found anywhere. It was joke

Tombstone RJ 01-22-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9343052)
I will take a listen.
Its been a long time for me. last one I went to. 2005 or so,was 10 or 12 dollars to get into & no deals to be found anywhere. It was joke

so there was good selection and all, no complaints there, just the pricing was out of control. I didn't look too much at pistols as I didn't really have the time to scope all of them out (was there for 3 hours and didn't buy a thing). There were 2 Desert Eagles that did draw my attention, but again, stupid pricing for used guns.

The one gun I did think about buying was just way, way too much. it was one of those Kel-Tec semi-auto folding rifles that shot the .40 S&W round, but the guy wanted $850 bucks for it and it didn't really look like it was in good shape. That gun retailed for $320 brand new.

I think the people who buy stuff at gun shows (at those prices) are what they call "spur of the moment buyers." That is, they didn't go there to buy that particular item but then they see it and get all stupid and buy it. That's the only way I can see someone paying $850 for a gun that really isn't worth, maybe, $200 or so.

Tombstone RJ 01-22-2013 09:16 PM

I also thought about buying a little rifle that had 3 different barrels that you could attach to the stock. It has a barrel for the .17 hornet (very cool, I want a rifle that shoots this bad boy round) and another barrel for a .22 and another barrel for like a .410 or something. I probably would have bought it because it was a pretty good deal for everything, and it had a scope and a carrying case. I think the guy wanted like $400 for the whole thing.

But then I asked a very important question. I said, "hey, how do you load this thing?" That's when my dream came crashing down. It's one of those rifles that you can only load and shoot one round at a time. So I walked away. If that little rifle had even a 3 round magazine I might have bought it. But one round at a time, no thanks.

petegz28 01-22-2013 09:42 PM

I am hating this anymore. Everything is on backorder. Had 10-30rd MagPul mags on backorder for over a month. Ammo is in backorder, Brownell's mags on backorder.

All I have to say is that if Obama and Libs want this shit off the street they are going about it in the most ****ed up way!

Kyle DeLexus 01-22-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9343204)
I am hating this anymore. Everything is on backorder. Had 10-30rd MagPul mags on backorder for over a month. Ammo is in backorder, Brownell's mags on backorder.

All I have to say is that if Obama and Libs want this shit off the street they are going about it in the most ****ed up way!

I just got an email that 2 30rd pmags I had on backorder had shipped. The only problem with that is it was panic order when the madness started. I was thinking I would find an AR but couldn't find anything for a reasonable price so I decided to just wait out the panic and forgot I had ordered the mags.

dred 01-22-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

I bought 2- 30rd Magpul mags from a guy on the "GUNS 4 TRADE" Group off of facebook. $25.00/ea.

He just messaged me to say that he had 100 more in stock.

I know $25 isn't cheap, but he ships them to you pretty damn fast.

Frazod 01-22-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

I think it's going to get better soon. There are a few northeastern states in full **** mode right now. but for most of us things should get back to normal.

LiveSteam 01-22-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9343131)
I also thought about buying a little rifle that had 3 different barrels that you could attach to the stock. It has a barrel for the .17 hornet (very cool, I want a rifle that shoots this bad boy round) and another barrel for a .22 and another barrel for like a .410 or something. I probably would have bought it because it was a pretty good deal for everything, and it had a scope and a carrying case. I think the guy wanted like $400 for the whole thing.

But then I asked a very important question. I said, "hey, how do you load this thing?" That's when my dream came crashing down. It's one of those rifles that you can only load and shoot one round at a time. So I walked away. If that little rifle had even a 3 round magazine I might have bought it. But one round at a time, no thanks.

Was it a Thompson Contender?

I have a Savage Target 93R-17 hmr. Accu trigger is awesome. Gun is MOA
Its going yote hunting with me next time out.

dred 01-22-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9343251)
I think it's going to get better soon. There are a few northeastern states in full **** mode right now. but for most of us things should get back to normal.

I've been watching NewYork and a few other of the Northern states on ARMSLIST ever since their dbag laws were announced.

There is tons of good stuff on there but everybody is asking ridiculous prices for their shit.

Plus you have a growing number of asshat dealers from neighboring states offering to drive up to buy out the good stuff so they can sell it for double.

Guessing a majority of them are gunshow vendors.

Tombstone RJ 01-22-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9343269)
Was it a Thompson Contender?

I have a Savage Target 93R-17 hmr. Accu trigger is awesome. Gun is MOA
Its going yote hunting with me next time out.

no, it had an italian name, like Rossi or something like that? I'd love to get one of those Savages but they are pretty pricey too, like $800 or so, correct?

LiveSteam 01-22-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9343277)
no, it had an italian name, like Rossi or something like that? I'd love to get one of those Savages but they are pretty pricey too, like $800 or so, correct?

No no. 300-350

Here it is. $269.00 dam thats about a 100 less than I payed for mine. The scope that came with it is now on the pellet rifle

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...10001_10217953

Tombstone RJ 01-22-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9343279)
No no. 300-350

Here it is. $269.00 dam thats about a 100 less than I payed for mine. The scope that came with it is now on the pellet rifle

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...10001_10217953

My bad, I'm thinking the new center fire .17 Hornet rifles the Model 25 Varminator: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

they are pricier.

LiveSteam 01-22-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9343313)
My bad, I'm thinking the new center fire .17 Hornet rifles the Model 25 Varminator: http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

they are pricier.

Those are nice & pricey . If I remember right? They push a pill over 3200-3500 fps. Best part is you can reload for them.
I like this
https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles..._N3VP9K9Y4.png

Edit/Hornady claims that its new ammo will push a 20gr V-Max bullet at 3650 fps
Thats a laser beam

ghak99 01-22-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9339633)
The NRA isn't going to miss the opportunity to educate the morons putting this show on or the ignorant masses that still attend it.

The NRA has now pulled out of the show. Apparently they tried to leverage REED into changing their position and REED redrew the "no black rifles or accessories" line in the sand.

The list of companies who have pulled out is now over 230 strong.

There is also serious pressure being put on the same group to sell the rights to the SHOT show to prevent it from a similar disaster in the future.

Tombstone RJ 01-22-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9343322)
Those are nice & pricey . If I remember right? They push a pill over 3200-3500 fps. Best part is you can reload for them.
I like this
https://s3.amazonaws.com/savagefiles..._N3VP9K9Y4.png

Edit/Hornady claims that its new ammo will push a 20gr V-Max bullet at 3650 fps
Thats a laser beam

that's a badass rifle, nice looking too.

johnny961 01-23-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9341758)
We are coming up on 5 weeks. My ffl said it would take 4 to 6 weeks.

Hope it works out that way. I ordered two complete uppers to finish off a couple lowers I've had for awhile back in October. Was told 4-6 wks. Wound up taking 9. And that was before the shtf. I would not even want to know what the wait would be now. Hopefully they show up soon.

Dunit35 01-23-2013 01:47 AM

It sure would be nice to find ammo. I need to qualify with my duty weapon but can't find factory ammo. Apparently, not many in the department and nation are training due to not being able to find ammo.

Two weeks ago 9mm was $70/case more expensive, now its $150 more.

johnny961 01-23-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 9343564)
It sure would be nice to find ammo. I need to qualify with my duty weapon but can't find factory ammo. Apparently, not many in the department and nation are training due to not being able to find ammo.

I hear ya. I went to a gun show last weekend and seems like the only dealers that had anything were the ones that were gouging the crap out of people with prices and the ammo was still moving. 9mm was 25-30 for a box of 50. Hope this lets up soon. I have never reloaded 9mm as ball ammo has always been cheap enough that I could buy factory ammo for damn near as cheap as I could reload it myself. If this keeps up it looks like I may well be spending alot more time at the reloading bench just so I can afford to shoot. I remember not too awful many years ago when the cheap ball stuff could be found at the shows for around $100 for a case of 1000. Now anywhere from 3 to 5 times that IF you can even find it. Unbeleivable.

Dayze 01-23-2013 12:48 PM

I was going to buy some winchester 9mm white box, 115 gr, and it was $22 online.
at least at the one place I looked at.
F that.

notorious 01-23-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 9343467)
Hope it works out that way. I ordered two complete uppers to finish off a couple lowers I've had for awhile back in October. Was told 4-6 wks. Wound up taking 9. And that was before the shtf. I would not even want to know what the wait would be now. Hopefully they show up soon.

Damn, I can get uppers and you can get lowers. :hmmm:

johnny961 01-23-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9344464)
Damn, I can get uppers and you can get lowers. :hmmm:

Heh. Wish it was that easy. I had three cheapie no name lowers laying around that I was not even sure of the quality. Picked them up for like $70 apiece like three or four years ago. These were made by a kind of fly by night outfit so I was not sure that all of the holes would even line up right. So I went lower shopping back in October and the only thing I could find in a decent brand was Stag. Got two more in case I ran into issues with the cheapies. Found out that the cheap forgings worked fine. Thats what those uppers I had to wait on went on. Kinda glad I got the extra lowers now. I think that the company that I ordered the uppers from kinda jacked me ayround. Internet ordered from them and like a month later went to a gunshow and their retail table had everything on it to fill my order. Asked them about it and "sorry" was the answer I got. Went home avnd waited another 5 weeks for my stuff. Do not think I will be ordering from them again.

CrazyPhuD 01-23-2013 04:02 PM

Wooo Wooo....just got my C&R FFL in the mail today. Now if only there was anything in stock to get a discount on! :'( I'm amazed at the quick turn around by the government. 3 weeks and back in my hands!

R8RFAN 01-23-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9345151)
Wooo Wooo....just got my C&R FFL in the mail today. Now if only there was anything in stock to get a discount on! :'( I'm amazed at the quick turn around by the government. 3 weeks and back in my hands!

Congratulations

Munson 01-23-2013 05:17 PM

Went to Cabela's today, straight to the ammo section. They were completely sold out of any .22 LR, even the more expensive match grade stuff. I can't find a bulk pack to save my life. The pistol ammo section was as bare as I've ever seen it. But they had a plethora of shotgun shells, more than I've ever seen them display.

They did have a few hundred 20-round boxes of Herter's 7.62x39 in stock, but it was $6.99 or $7.49 per box. Yikes! :eek:

Bwana 01-23-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 9343564)

You'll just love this, ****ing DHS.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2980304/posts

Tombstone RJ 01-23-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9345434)
You'll just love this, ****ing DHS.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2980304/posts

yep. you local law enforcement guys think you are ok? Nope, you are no better off than the rest of the population. Pretty soon the only people with ammo will be the feds and the crooks, how ironic is that?

johnny961 01-24-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9345416)
Went to Cabela's today, straight to the ammo section. They were completely sold out of any .22 LR, even the more expensive match grade stuff. I can't find a bulk pack to save my life. The pistol ammo section was as bare as I've ever seen it. But they had a plethora of shotgun shells, more than I've ever seen them display.

They did have a few hundred 20-round boxes of Herter's 7.62x39 in stock, but it was $6.99 or $7.49 per box. Yikes! :eek:

At the gun show I went to last weekend, I was looking for. 22 shells and the best I could find were like 7.00 a box for the cheap stuff and 13.00 a box for CCI Stingers. I just laughed at the vendor, said thanks but no thanks and walked off. I think these will be available in the next 3 months for more normal prices. The 7.62 x 39 was just as crazy. I seen it going for as high as $300 for a box of 500. Nuts.

CrazyPhuD 01-24-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 9346477)
At the gun show I went to last weekend, I was looking for. 22 shells and the best I could find were like 7.00 a box for the cheap stuff and 13.00 a box for CCI Stingers. I just laughed at the vendor, said thanks but no thanks and walked off. I think these will be available in the next 3 months for more normal prices. The 7.62 x 39 was just as crazy. I seen it going for as high as $300 for a box of 500. Nuts.

Damn I'm glad I picked up my 7.62x39 for ~$140 per 640 from cabelas on black friday! Who knew things would go this nuts!

BTW after the anti's see this I expect legislation to be introduced in NY to ban 'assault fingers'. Clearly her rate of fire is WAY too high!(sadly this would get most kids in public school a suspension these days.....)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/...e69ce184_o.gif

InChiefsHeaven 01-24-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9330273)
One of the reasons I decided to not go the Kimber Custom II route is I thought It'd get a entry-mid level 1911; I think I've allmost decided on the Taurs PT1911.

The reason for this is so with the left over money that I would have spent on the Kimber is to get a .22. I really like the Walther P22, though I haven'[t shot it.
Fun as shit to shoot, and dirt cheap. My brother and I will go to the range and shoot our normal 9mm's etc, then at the end, we'll play with the .22; and who ever reachs 50 (or whatever we decide) from X distance and wins by 2, buys lunch/BBQ on the way home. Good times.

I just bought a Taurus 1911 and I like it but I've had some issues. The biggest being that the bolt will not stay open when the mag empties. Sometimes it does, but more often than not it doesn't. Research indicates that it is probably the mags that came with the gun. The other issue is, the first and only time I've taken it out to shoot, it was NOT accurate. Rounds went all over the damn place. I did clean it first as I was instructed on another forum, but it was not accurate at all. I'm sure I need to adjust the sites, but that doesn't explain the erratic results. I couldn't get a good pattern at 15 feet. I have shot a 1911 in the past and had great accuracy with it. I need to spend more time with the gun, but I did find that to be troubling.

Other than that, it's a 1911. Fun as hell to shoot and it's just the coolest looking pistol ever. I just have to work out the kinks.

kepp 01-24-2013 09:56 AM

Two places with stripped lowers in stock (at least as of time of this post):

http://www.jardinc.com/index.php?opt...r-15&Itemid=70
http://www.superiorarms.com/products_main.php?pid=22

notorious 01-24-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9347071)

I got on the waiting list with Superior Arms for 3 lowers. They sound like really nice people!

6 month wait. :(

WV 01-24-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9345416)

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 9346477)

I went ammo hunting yesterday and did come up with some .40 auto ammo from Wally World, but the only .22lr ammo I could find was at a local gun shop and he was $30 for a box of Winchester 525's. I thought that was high, but as it turns out it's actually not that bad (been a long while since I looked for .22lr ammo). It's so f'd up that freaking .22 ammo is soo expensive. His other handgun ammo was insane.

I'm torn between wanting to hoard ammo or waiting this madness out and seeing if the prices drop.

kepp 01-24-2013 10:54 AM

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/isra...hot-show-2013/
WANT

johnny961 01-24-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9347126)
I went ammo hunting yesterday and did come up with some .40 auto ammo from Wally World, but the only .22lr ammo I could find was at a local gun shop and he was $30 for a box of Winchester 525's. I thought that was high, but as it turns out it's actually not that bad (been a long while since I looked for .22lr ammo). It's so f'd up that freaking .22 ammo is soo expensive. His other handgun ammo was insane.

I'm torn between wanting to hoard ammo or waiting this madness out and seeing if the prices drop.

Just gotta be in the right place at the right time. Wally world attempts to restock and ammo is gone within hours of being placed if not sooner.

HC_Chief 01-24-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9347279)

Me too. The TAR-21 is a bad mofo.

WV 01-24-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 9347604)
Just gotta be in the right place at the right time. Wally world attempts to restock and ammo is gone within hours of being placed if not sooner.

Yeah I happened to catch the .40 ammo on the shelf. They told me when they stock, but the problem is everyone else knows too.

CrazyPhuD 01-24-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9347279)

I kinda want one of those...but more than anything I want the new UZI Pro pistol! I wish we could get a real micro uzi! :(

The NFA version!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CrSlwwyQ95I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kepp 01-24-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9348044)
I kinda want one of those...but more than anything I want the new UZI Pro pistol! I wish we could get a real micro uzi! :(

The NFA version!

That's badass

Frazod 01-24-2013 03:17 PM

Show cancelled

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9339210)
Cabela's pulls out of Pa. show over gun flap

By RON TODT
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Hunting and fishing retailer Cabela's Inc. says it won't participate in what has been billed as Pennsylvania's largest outdoor sports show next month following the decision to ban display and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Event organizer Reed Exhibitions imposed the ban at next month's Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show following the deadly Connecticut elementary school shooting and the ongoing gun control debate in Washington.

Cabela's said Saturday on its Facebook page that after carefully considering its business practices "and the feelings of our customers" it won't have a presence at the show.

Event director Chris O'Hara of Reed Exhibitions did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

The 9-day show opens Feb. 2 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex on the outskirts of the state capital.

http://www.abc27.com/story/20631465/...-over-gun-flap

:clap:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/nra-bo...rticle/2519579

NRA boycott kills outdoors show that banned assault weapons
January 24, 2013 | 2:24 pm | Modified: January 24, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Paul Bedard
The Washington Examiner

A massive boycott backed by the NRA and outdoorsmen and women outraged that the nation's largest outdoors show banned the exhibition of assault weapons has caused the show's organizers to abruptly cancel the week-long event in Harrisburg, Pa.

The successful boycott, started by the website mynortheastoutdoors.com, was the biggest demonstration of support by the outdoors industry yet against gun control efforts being pushed in Washington and in several states.

"Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, Pa.," the organizer said in a statement Thursday.

The show is the biggest in the nation and features several outdoors groups, hundreds of exhibitors and the most popular TV hunting show stars. It draws thousands from the Washington-Baltimore area. As the assault rifle ban became known, exhibitors, sponsors and the TV stars withdrew by the dozens.

The NRA is a huge sponsor of the show and pulled out Tuesday after Reed moved to ban assault rifles like Bushmasters and AR-15s at the show. A Bushmaster was used in the Newtown, Conn., shootings, according Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance, and Reed said it was bowing to concerns about the gun in banning it from the show.

In its statement today, organizer Reed Exhibitions said that the whole show, which includes fishing and camping exhibits, "could not be held because the atmosphere of this year's show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing."

The boycott by the NRA and 170 other exhibitors, however, is what killed the show said one exhibitor. "We need to stand firm against those siding with the anti-gun crowd," said the exhibitor on background.

Pennsylvania Rep. Tom Marino said he was disappointed in the cancellation, and blamed Reed Exhibition's gun ban. "The decision represents yet another attempt to undermine protections guaranteed to all Americans under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and it restricts the ability for law-abiding citizens to purchase legal firearms that are increasingly being used for hunting in a number of states. I encourage Reed Exhibitions to swiftly reverse its decision and for the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to take steps to ensure that all future events of this nature held at the Farm Show Complex are held in a manner that respects the Second Amendment rights of all Pennsylvanians."

The National Wild Turkey Federation, a group supported by turkey hunters, said they were boycotting to raise awareness of the threat against the Second Amendment. "We feel strongly about the importance of the Second Amendment in pursuit of our mission of preserving our hunting heritage," said Skip Motts, president of the NWTF Pennsylvania State Chapter.

Bwana 01-24-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9348141)

Outstanding. Let that be a lesson to those assholes.

Frazod 01-24-2013 03:49 PM

Exactly. I feel bad for the people whose livelihoods will be affected by this, but we've got to take a stand against these liberal gun-hating ****s and those who kiss their asses.

Hopefully some stupid liberal heads will roll at this company.

WV 01-24-2013 05:07 PM

Nice to see the support of the 2nd Amendment in action.

Tombstone RJ 01-24-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9346507)
Damn I'm glad I picked up my 7.62x39 for ~$140 per 640 from cabelas on black friday! Who knew things would go this nuts!

BTW after the anti's see this I expect legislation to be introduced in NY to ban 'assault fingers'. Clearly her rate of fire is WAY too high!(sadly this would get most kids in public school a suspension these days.....)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/...e69ce184_o.gif

:clap:

kepp 01-24-2013 09:17 PM

This article has a photographed list of the specific weapons targeted by the witch of Kalifornia:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/24/fe...ss-conference/

I don't see mine Sig556 on there. The Sig556 pistol is on there, but not my swat patrol rifle. She's even trying to ban AR-style .22 rifles.

pr_capone 01-24-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9349213)
This article has a photographed list of the specific weapons targeted by the witch of Kalifornia:

I don't see mine Sig556 on there. The Sig556 pistol is on there, but not my swat patrol rifle. She's even trying to ban AR-style .22 rifles.

My Mini is on the list

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...9047805173.jpg

LiveSteam 01-24-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9349328)
My Mini is on the list

No shock there.
Lot a people. A hole lot of people.Will never forgive Bill Ruger for his hand in the Clinton ban. Im shocked the left hasn't brought him up yet,as in
( even when Bill Ruger was alive he agreed with us bla bla bla)

Munson 01-24-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9349213)

Your Sig 556 will be banned because of its features. She's trying to ban all "assault weapons."

Quote:

All semiautomatic rifles that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: pistol grip; forward grip; folding, telescoping, or detachable stock; grenade launcher or rocket launcher; barrel shroud; or threaded barrel.
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ns-ban-summary

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:37 PM

So, any recommendations on a sig .40 or any other .40 handguns that are solid?

WV 01-24-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9349420)

I have a Sig SP2022 in 9mm that I love and it also comes chambered in .40 S&W.
http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...ls/sp2022.aspx

A Salt Weapon 01-24-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

I like Glocks. I regularly carry a Glock 23 in .40.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9349483)
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't particularly enjoy Glocks. My friend has a .40 glock and I really don't like it for some reason.

Sorter 01-24-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9349480)

Nice.

johnny961 01-25-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Like my 23gen4. Those interchangable backstraps made it fit my hand much better than earlier Glocks. Not like the 40 has stout recoil anyway but the dual springs in the gen 4 seem to tame it just a fuzz more to me. I like mine.

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/de...c_Pistol_1.jpg

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Love Glocks.. Love my 21SF :thumb:

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Very Nice

A Salt Weapon 01-25-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9349508)
I don't particularly enjoy Glocks. My friend has a .40 glock and I really don't like it for some reason.

Not uncommon, Glock has a unique grip angle that some people just don't like the feel of. For some reason Glocks work for me, not sure if it's lots of practice or something else, but any Glock I pick up shoots where I want it too without even trying. If I shoot other brands of handguns I have to take my time and line up the sights to hit where I want. With Glocks I can almost close my eyes and shoot.

Might want to try Smith and Wesson's line, they have a few models from the M&P down to the SD. I have a 9mm SD that is really comfortable in the hand, they make a .40 as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish 01-25-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Erection.

RaiderH8r 01-25-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

I have the sig P229 and it's tits. the .40 comes with a double stacked 12 rd magazine and the chassis can be converted to 357 if you want with a simple conversion kit. Breakdown and cleaning are a snap. The 229 is designed for concealed carry but it is a bit beefy so printing is an issue. Alternatively the 226 is one hell of a piece too if a longer barrel is something you like.

Bwana 01-25-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9349642)
Love Glocks.. Love my 21SF :thumb:

I agree, I love my Glock 20 and my gun of choice when I travel the state.

Sorter 01-25-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 9350019)
I have the sig P229 and it's tits. the .40 comes with a double stacked 12 rd magazine and the chassis can be converted to 357 if you want with a simple conversion kit. Breakdown and cleaning are a snap. The 229 is designed for concealed carry but it is a bit beefy so printing is an issue. Alternatively the 226 is one hell of a piece too if a longer barrel is something you like.

I uhh...need new shorts...

johnny961 01-25-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9350024)
I agree, I love my Glock 20 and my gun of choice when I travel the state.

I am a big fan of that 10mm cartridge as well. Thought about the Glock several years back but splurged on a Colt delta elite instead. Love it.

pr_capone 01-25-2013 06:30 PM

http://store.556tactical.com/microte...-magazine.html

Microtech XM30 E-4 AR-15 30rd. Magazine - IN STOCK - $33.95

petegz28 01-25-2013 06:45 PM

Don't wanna go all D.C. but here is the latest on the AW Ban. It doesn't appear it will happen but there does seem to be some support for limiting capacity of magazines

Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ss-senate.html

notorious 01-25-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9347071)

JARD inc. mills 30 stripped lowers A DAY. :eek:

He told me they ship all orders on Tuesday. If I would have placed my order I would get my lower in less than a week.

On the website their lowers are $159. He is selling them for $250 right now. They are nice lowers, though.

I think I will be patient....

notorious 01-25-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9351334)
Don't wanna go all D.C. but here is the latest on the AW Ban. It doesn't appear it will happen but there does seem to be some support for limiting capacity of magazines

Assault Weapons Ban Lacks Democratic Votes to Pass Senate
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...ss-senate.html

Give it 2 years. If things change in the House we are ****ed. In the mean time, stock up on everything AR/AK.

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 09:48 PM

1000 rounds 350.00 Delivered 7.62x39

http://www.ammoman.com/p/402/762x39-...polymer-coated
http://www.ammoman.com/content/image...oated_300.jpeg

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 10:10 PM

Got me a cheap laser for the glock

http://a.pictureupload.us/6212767475103559a3dbe0.jpg

A Salt Weapon 01-25-2013 10:13 PM

Sold another pmag for $60 today.
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD 01-25-2013 10:26 PM

Oldie but a goody....TFB thought this was recent...about a year or so old!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsVCHE7ayPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9351769)
Oldie but a goody....TFB thought this was recent...about a year or so old!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsVCHE7ayPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this one kicks ass too

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BQHWTfFV3Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 10:49 PM

How much did this gun cost before prices went crazy?
Saiga 12 Semi Automatic Shotgun

http://www.mrconservative.com/wp-con...w-1024x430.jpg

CrazyPhuD 01-25-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9351798)
this one kicks ass too

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BQHWTfFV3Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol I liked she was watching last years commercial on tv.

CrazyPhuD 01-25-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9351814)
How much did this gun cost before prices went crazy?
Saiga 12 Semi Automatic Shotgun

http://www.mrconservative.com/wp-con...w-1024x430.jpg

Honestly I couldn't tell you, if it was a standard model easy. But since someone SBS'd that one it's more difficult. Why? Because getting the saiga-12 to cycle correctly with a short gas system is not easy.

The base shotgun was likely < 600 before modifications. But I've seen some of the SBS go upwards of 2K. The stock isn't really anything special and neither is the hand guard. WTH did someone put HK style sights on it????

Personally unless I knew the builder really knew what they were doing I wouldn't be interested unless it were pretty cheap, likely sub 1K. With the saiga-12 I wouldn't want an SBS unless I knew the person knew what they were doing.

dred 01-25-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9351688)

Whats the deal with their .22LR ammo? They are all blanks? And $359.00 for 1000 rounds? Daaaaayum. :spock:

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dred (Post 9351846)
Whats the deal with their .22LR ammo? They are all blanks? And $359.00 for 1000 rounds? Daaaaayum. :spock:

He only posts what he has in stock and thats it...

R8RFAN 01-25-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9351844)
Honestly I couldn't tell you, if it was a standard model easy. But since someone SBS'd that one it's more difficult. Why? Because getting the saiga-12 to cycle correctly with a short gas system is not easy.

The base shotgun was likely < 600 before modifications. But I've seen some of the SBS go upwards of 2K. The stock isn't really anything special and neither is the hand guard. WTH did someone put HK style sights on it????

Personally unless I knew the builder really knew what they were doing I wouldn't be interested unless it were pretty cheap, likely sub 1K. With the saiga-12 I wouldn't want an SBS unless I knew the person knew what they were doing.

Didn't know it was that complicated.... Thanks for the info