ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278032)

-King- 10-31-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10143370)
When it comes to player acquisition,I'm assuming one of them is, yes.

Chase Daniel = The Great Non-Threat. Care to debate that? You can't.

I do. Daily. But not worth 1.1/Dane McDerp

Yeah, Tavon Austin is really setting the NFL on fire right now. LMAO

Molitoth 10-31-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10143520)
Yeah, Tavon Austin is really setting the NFL on fire right now. LMAO

Like Dwayne Bowe is?

WR's catching fire is all about the Chemistry they build with their QB's.

Look at the QB situation in STL and tell me any WR there is going to light up the NFL.

Tavon Austin could have a completely different stat sheet with a different QB.

Like I stated in another thread... Megatron would be used as a blocker for the KC Chiefs because Alex Smith won't throw downfield... especially into double coverage like Stafford does.

Marcellus 10-31-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10142357)
What this forum really needs is intelligent comments like "8-0!!!" that bring more to the table than the average poster.

Most sites charge for that kind of insight.

Im not sure what insight the posters constantly whining about Alex Smith bring.

As has been pointed out countless times, we know what his shortcomings are.

I have yet to see anyone say the offense doesn't need to improve.

Constantly spewing the same shit over and over and bitching about Smith isn't offering insight.

That's whats hilarious, I think some of you believe it is, like you are enlightened or something because you don't like our QB.

Marcellus 10-31-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10143540)
Like Dwayne Bowe is?

Look at the QB situation in STL and tell me any WR there is going to light up the NFL.

Like I stated in another thread... Megatron would be used as a blocker for the KC Chiefs because Alex Smith won't throw downfield... especially into double coverage like Stafford does.

Yea because Bowe and Megatron are close to being the same WR. LMAO

This argument is also ridiculous when you consider who Bowe had at QB before and did just fine. Cassel, Huard, and Thigpen were just gunslingers right! Constantly winging it into double coverage right? LMAO

Oh wait, maybe the issue isn't all on Smith? Blasphemy!

doomy3 10-31-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10143540)
Like Dwayne Bowe is?

Oh, so now Alex Smith represents an upgrade over Sam Bradford?

Molitoth 10-31-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10143588)
Oh, so now Alex Smith represents an upgrade over Sam Bradford?

Just sayin... QB's have agendas.

Alex Smith plays it safe and does not throw into double coverage in risk of turning the ball over. Watch the Lions and tell me Stafford takes those same risks.

If Megatron played for the Chiefs, Alex isn't going to just "throw it up" for him to go get. It's not who Alex Smith is.

My point is, a WR's production is about chemistry with his QB. WR's don't all of a sudden just "suck".
Cassel trusted Bowe a hell of a lot more than Alex Smith does, thus his production was up.

RunKC 10-31-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10143141)
Don't like Geno at 1? Ok. I understand...but you don't take a right tackle at 1 if anyone is willing to move up.

We were already talking to Miami about Albert and they were obviously looking to move up in the draft because they did so and moved to 3.

By not trading down and adding a second round pick, staying at 1 and taking Fisher was Dorsey saying "Fisher is a SPECIAL prospect that we can't afford to lose"

I'd sure like to see what they did...

Nobody was moving up to 1. No chance of that happening at all.

doomy3 10-31-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10143591)
Just sayin... QB's have agendas.

Alex Smith plays it safe and does not throw into double coverage in risk of turning the ball over. Watch the Lions and tell me Stafford takes those same risks.

If Megatron played for the Chiefs, Alex isn't going to just "throw it up" for him to go get. It's not who Alex Smith is.

My point is, a WR's production is about chemistry with his QB. WR's don't all of a sudden just "suck".
Cassel trusted Bowe a hell of a lot more than Alex Smith does, thus his production was up.

Bowe hasn't done anything so far to earn Smith's trust at all. Smith certainly has thrown balls to Bowe this year that required trust that Bowe would beat his man. Bowe lazily didn't fight for possession. That causes a QB to lose trust.

And Calvin is a different beast. If Smith threw jump balls in between 3 defenders to Bowe, it would likely not end well.

Andy Dalton isn't exactly some gun slinger, but when you're throwing to AJ Green, you're able to throw some jump balls knowing that he will likely win.

Nightfyre 10-31-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 10143671)
Bowe hasn't done anything so far to earn Smith's trust at all. Smith certainly has thrown balls to Bowe this year that required trust that Bowe would beat his man. Bowe lazily didn't fight for possession. That causes a QB to lose trust.

And Calvin is a different beast. If Smith threw jump balls in between 3 defenders to Bowe, it would likely not end well.

Andy Dalton isn't exactly some gun slinger, but when you're throwing to AJ Green, you're able to throw some jump balls knowing that he will likely win.

Really? QB trust is the new excuse? Seriously, some you apologists are willing to bend over backwards to defend a guy who is completely mediocre.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-31-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10144391)
Really? QB trust is the new excuse? Seriously, some you apologists are willing to bend over backwards to defend a guy who is completely mediocre.

Kinda like you with Royal players.

Nightfyre 10-31-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10144401)
Kinda like you with Royal players.

Kind of like your mom with her clients.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-31-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10144404)
Kind of like your mom with her clients.

Nice comeback.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10143370)

I do. Daily. But not worth 1.1/Dane McDerp

Not only are you a ****ing mouth-drooling Mongo, you're completely full of shit.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10143301)
Probably because I was somewhat of a TrueFan like yourself that predicted sunshine and roses so we didn't clash. Tell me your prediction for the 2012 Chiefs give oh wise ass one? Playoffs and 10 wins, right?

True fan? LMAO. More proof that you're a football reerun.

And yes, I expected the 2012 Chiefs to be a playoff team. They won seven games without Charles, Berry and Moeaki. They won two out of their final three with Crennel.

FTR, dumbass, SI and ESPN both predicted the Chiefs would be AFC West champs and one (if not both) predicted Crennel as coach of the year.

Excuse the **** out of me for not knowing that Crennel and Daboll were an abortion and that a player would off himself mid-season.

Dumb****.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-31-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10144430)
Not only are you a ****ing mouth-drooling Mongo, you're completely full of shit.

Yeah, and you trust Reid waaaayyy too much, cabrone.

It's patently obvious to anyone with a brain that Reid needs to defer to Dorsey when it comes to acquiring personnel. Do you think Reid has been over Dorsey's shoulder throughout these FA acquisitions? **** no. He's been doing what he needs to be doing: Coaching. Period.

Andy must and should have his little conferences with John, put his two cents in, take another bite of ribs, and get the **** out of the way.