ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

Anyong Bluth 07-04-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10730730)
He's been on PEDs his whole career. prolonged eating dinners

Providing Eventual Double-play

Why Not? 07-04-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10731217)
Providing Eventual Double-play

Hahahah. I like your better.

dmahurin 07-04-2014 09:01 PM

Wow!

@Ken_Rosenthal: DEAL IS DONE: #Cubs send Samardzija and Hammel to #Athletics for Addison Russell, per sources. May be other players and team(s) involved.

Bowser 07-04-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10731235)
Wow!

@Ken_Rosenthal: DEAL IS DONE: #Cubs send Samardzija and Hammel to #Athletics for Addison Russell, per sources. May be other players and team(s) involved.

I give it a 0% chance the Royals are involved. I'm smart.

dmahurin 07-04-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10731240)
I give it a 0% chance the Royals are involved. I'm smart.

I agree, but it's pretty big baseball news, and not worthy of its own thread.

Bowser 07-04-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10731263)
I agree, but it's pretty big baseball news, and not worthy of its own thread.

Yeah, no worries. Just kind of a long, round about way of making the point of we won't bring anyone in via trade or anything. Good for the Athletics to go for it and get some firepower in there. Would be sweet if we could do that.

Bowser 07-04-2014 09:48 PM

What time is the game tomorrow? Yes, I am incredibly lazy to not look it up myself.

teedubya 07-04-2014 09:56 PM

I love it when the Colosseum fills up like a colostomy bag. That stadium is such a shithole, literally. I've been there, it's horrible. Those players can't be happy in that shitty stadium the Athletics use.

Prison Bitch 07-04-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10726626)
Ventura easily but Ned would never do it.

Also Zimmer has to be our top prospect despite his arm issues. His second half last year was future 1-starter caliber. He may never get past those issues but we don't know that right now and that makes him remain our top player

Ok I'll retract my comment here: Even Ned couldn't possibly bypass Ventura in a wild card game. It's not possible. He couldn't possibly justify any other decision to his team. They'd revolt if Ventura wasn't the choice. He's a freak.

BWillie 07-04-2014 10:02 PM

Gahhh how am I gonna see some of the game tomorrow

duncan_idaho 07-04-2014 10:42 PM

A's putting their cards on the table and going all in. Really, really good team that just got a little bit better.

The Cubs' collection of young position talent is insane-ridiculous-whatever you want to call it.

First of all, they have an established young, power-hitting 1B in Anthony Rizzo (who is just 24) and an established, young SS in Starlin Castro who has bounced back in a big way from a terrible 2013.

Kris Bryant is the top power prospect in the minors and probably baseball. He's going to stick at 3B, but could be a plus RF, too, if needed.

Javier Baez is a ridiculous SS prospect with 40 HR power potential.

Jorge Soler is another crazy power prospect who signed a huge deal out of Cuba.

Addison Russell is a do-it-all SS with power and could be ready for the majors as soon as next season. Plug glove, plus hit, plus run, plus power.

Throw in that Kyle Schwarber has been absolutely demolishing the baseball since being drafted, and it just keeps getting better. Schwarber is going to make it to A+ ball and maybe even AA before the year is over. He has a 1.200 OPS (yes, you read that right) in a very small sample size at A ball, but honestly I don't know what else he has to prove there.

In Bryant, Baez, Russell, and Schwarber, the A's have FOUR position players who will likely rank in the top 15 of baseball prospects, consensus. And they're all going to arrive in the next two years.

That's not even mentioning the several excellent complementary pieces (2B Arismendy Alcantara, who has a .900 OPS at AAA right now, with a SLG around .550; CF Albert Amora, a toolsy young CF who will be a top 75 prospect; CJ Edwards, who got off to a great start in AA this year; Billy McKinney, also acquired in this deal, who put up a .964 OPS in full-season ball at age 18 last year).

Epstein is doing some pretty impressive things there on the North Side. Watch this offseason... he will move Castro for some pitching (young, long-term controlled offensive SS on team friendly-deal) and set up what could be a real dynasty.

At least by next season, we'll no longer be hearing about the Royals and "best farm system ever" ... don't see any way that's not chalked up as the Cubs.

tk13 07-04-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10731268)
Yeah, no worries. Just kind of a long, round about way of making the point of we won't bring anyone in via trade or anything. Good for the Athletics to go for it and get some firepower in there. Would be sweet if we could do that.

We did trade one of the best prospects in baseball for two years of a starting pitcher. To be fair the Royals have probably "went for it" as much as any team in baseball these last two years, it just didn't happen during the season.

C3HIEF3S 07-04-2014 11:09 PM

Ventura's pitching delivery is just so smooth. He makes throwing triple digits look like cake.

Three7s 07-04-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10731323)
A's putting their cards on the table and going all in. Really, really good team that just got a little bit better.

The Cubs' collection of young position talent is insane-ridiculous-whatever you want to call it.

First of all, they have an established young, power-hitting 1B in Anthony Rizzo (who is just 24) and an established, young SS in Starlin Castro who has bounced back in a big way from a terrible 2013.

Kris Bryant is the top power prospect in the minors and probably baseball. He's going to stick at 3B, but could be a plus RF, too, if needed.

Addison Russell is a do-it-all SS with power and could be ready for the majors as soon as next season. Plug glove, plus hit, plus run, plus power.

Throw in that Kyle Schwarber has been absolutely demolishing the baseball since being drafted, and it just keeps getting better. Schwarber is going to make it to A+ ball and maybe even AA before the year is over. He has a 1.200 OPS (yes, you read that right) in a very small sample size at A ball, but honestly I don't know what else he has to prove there.

In Bryant, Baez, Russell, and Schwarber, the A's have FOUR position players who will likely rank in the top 15 of baseball prospects, consensus. And they're all going to arrive in the next two years.

That's not even mentioning the several excellent complementary pieces (2B Arismendy Alcantara, who has a .900 OPS at AAA right now, with a SLG around .550; CF Albert Amora, a toolsy young CF who will be a top 75 prospect; CJ Edwards, who got off to a great start in AA this year; Billy McKinney, also acquired in this deal, who put up a .964 OPS in full-season ball at age 18 last year).

Epstein is doing some pretty impressive things there on the North Side. Watch this offseason... he will move Castro for some pitching (young, long-term controlled offensive SS on team friendly-deal) and set up what could be a real dynasty.

At least by next season, we'll no longer be hearing about the Royals and "best farm system ever" ... don't see any way that's not chalked up as the Cubs.

I've always rooted for the Cubs. They're like the Royals in a lot of ways, and for the wrong reasons. I hope they have long-term success.

KChiefs1 07-05-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10731323)

I'll be interested to see how it all works out for them...after all they are the Cubs.