ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

-King- 11-29-2012 09:45 PM

Unless somewhere on the tickets or game program "All star players are guaranteed to play", there's no case.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163163)
Then he's a smart dude.

Yea, unfortunately he said it before the game. Since I know you're watching it, you shouldn't pretend it was an original thought.

tk13 11-29-2012 09:47 PM

5 of the top 10 trending topics on Twitter are about the NBA, including David Stern. Zero about the NFL.

AdumbGuy 11-29-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9163158)
and ROFL @ the heat as well. Minimal substitutions for our bench guys and they take the heat down to the wire.

Yes, the heat are clearly a terrible team. It couldn't possibly be that they didn't take the spurs seriously for the entire game and then just decide to turn it on in the last few minutes.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9163166)
Sure. It's a business. Popovich has the right to set the lineup as he sees fit.

And so does TNT. They can simply say, "**** you, Spurs. We're not televising your regular season shit anymore."

Because that's a business, too, and they have to make money just as much as the Spurs have to win in the playoffs.

The Spurs have never been TNT darlings (small market blues). Pop and Buford could give a **** less about being on TNT.

-King- 11-29-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163131)
It's the entertainment business. It's different. Ticket packages are sold months in advance with the promo of "come see Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and the Spurs battle the Heat" and none of those three are even in the building. It's false advertising and charging premium price while delivering an inferior product.

So? If one of those players had been traded or released a week or so ago, would this still be a big deal?

"The ad promo 2 months ago said that ____ was going to play! How dare they trade him!"

Like I said, just because the promos have the stars on their doesn't mean it's a guarantee they'll play.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9163187)
Yes, the heat are clearly a terrible team. It couldn't possibly be that they didn't take the spurs seriously for the entire game and then just decide to turn it on in the last few minutes.

Did I say they were terrible? It's hilarious that the best team in the East gets taken to the wire by our bench.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9163181)
Yea, unfortunately he said it before the game. Since I know you're watching it, you shouldn't pretend it was an original thought.

I didn't see/hear what CWebb said. Tonight is crazy w/ sports so I'm constantly flipping between NBA/NFL/NCAAB.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9163193)
So? If one of those players had been traded or released a week or so ago, would this still be a big deal?

"The ad promo 2 months ago said that ____ was going to play! How dare they trade him!"

Like I said, just because the promos have the stars on their doesn't mean it's a guarantee they'll play.

Injuries/trades/illness happen. The fact is all four of these guys are healthy and on the team and they didn't even travel to Miami. Conjecture about trades/injuries/etc. aren't applicable here.

-King- 11-29-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163201)
Injuries/trades/illness happen. The fact is all four of these guys are healthy and on the team and they didn't even travel to Miami. Conjecture about trades/injuries/etc. aren't applicable here.

And resting older veterans happens.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9163204)
And resting older veterans happens.

Danny Green is 25 years old and has started less than 100 career NBA games.

-King- 11-29-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163210)
Danny Green is 25 years old and has played less than 100 career NBA games.

So your issue is with just Danny Green?

AdumbGuy 11-29-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9163194)
Did I say they were terrible? It's hilarious that the best team in the East gets taken to the wire by our bench.

The heat ended the game on like an 18-6 run? My problem is they weren't trying for the great majority of the game because they didn't need to.

As a fan, that means watching shitty basketball. I might as well as just stop watching until the playoffs.

KC_Connection 11-29-2012 09:58 PM

The NBA: where dictator commissioners veto otherwise fair trades and unjustly sanction coaches for resting players.

If Stern does anything to Popovich for doing what countless teams (including and perhaps especially the Spurs) have done over the years, it's a load of horse shit.

KC_Connection 11-29-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9163169)
It's a perfect analogy. You watch the heat to watch lebron, you don't go to watch them to see Norris cole. Lebron, right now, just took over the game. I'd like to have seen parker or ginobli counter, but am treated to Patty Mills.

Because the Heat haven't rested LeBron and Wade before? They've done it several times over the last three seasons. The only reason this is an issue to Stern is because it's Popovich and he's doing it blatantly during a national primetime game.