ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 11:16 AM

Well said Saul Good

Chief Roundup 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9302773)
I had that same concern yesterday. I even made a thread comparing the Chiefs situation to the Dolphins in 2007 when they drafted Jake Long and passed on Matt Ryan. I bet they're still regretting that one.

I kind of doubt that to me Ryan is pretty meh. Sure is pretty good but how good is he really when you look at the weapons around him. When a QB has the likes of Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony G, and Michael Turner they should be killing people every time they play.
I don't think there is a QB in the league that has a better overall supporting cast than Ryan has had over the last few years.

tooge 01-10-2013 11:19 AM

Even if Reid has a big fat hardon for Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, or any other QB, he's not going to tip his hand at all. He's saying what I would expect him to say.

Chiefnj2 01-10-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9302823)
Doesn't matter. Teams don't suck because they miss out on Luke Joeckel in the draft. They suck because they pass on Aaron Rodgers.

If they pass on Rogers it's a mistake. By the same token, teams don't get better by drafting Sanchez or Gabbert.

I'd be happy if KC ended up with Smith, Wilson or Bray. If they can get Joeckel and Wilson, then the more power to them.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302849)
If they pass on Rogers it's a mistake. By the same token, teams don't get better by drafting Sanchez or Gabbert.

I'd be happy if KC ended up with Smith, Wilson or Bray. If they can get Joeckel and Wilson, then the more power to them.

Teams don't get worse by drafting a Blaine Gabbert either. Furthermore, they don't get better by drafting top linemen either.

The Jags took Eugene Monroe 1-8 and Tyson Alualu 1-10.

With Blaine Gabbert, they both SUCK.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9302837)
Even if Reid has a big fat hardon for Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson, or any other QB, he's not going to tip his hand at all. He's saying what I would expect him to say.

We don't have the 5th pick, we have the FIRST pick.

There's absolutely no competitive advantage in keeping secrets.

FringeNC 01-10-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302862)

Unless he wants to roll the dice, and trade down, hoping the guy he REALLY likes is still available. Risk/reward is probably not worth it, though.

Chief Roundup 01-10-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302862)

Sure there is. Reid is not done with evaluations of the players in the draft and in FA. Reid is considering a trade and wants to find out who others want.

RealSNR 01-10-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302849)

Joeckel, Lewan or ANY tackle doesn't remotely enter into any kind of team improvement for the Chiefs.

When you already have THE ANSWER sitting right in front of you, requiring you only to engage in some contract talks, then you do that. Do NOT waste your #1 overall pick.

I said this earlier, but if the top 5 QBs in this draft died in a fire tomorrow, it appears that there is really only one acceptable option for the Chiefs to pursue with that #1 overall pick, and that's by going with Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner. And while they submit the pick for those two, I would be holding my nose and crying at the same time for God cursing me for my life as a Chiefs fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9302584)
Well can Clark afford a fan revolt again? Drafting a QB will cause this fanbase to meltdown.

How do you figure? Drafting a QB should cause this fan base( even the reeruned ones )to rejoice.

BigMeatballDave 01-10-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9302929)
How do you figure? Drafting a QB should cause this fan base( even the reeruned ones )to rejoice.

You're forgetting that a large portion of it is ****ing stupid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9302954)

LMAO I said "even the reeruns"!!!!

Saul Good 01-10-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9302885)
Joeckel, Lewan or ANY tackle doesn't remotely enter into any kind of team improvement for the Chiefs.

When you already have THE ANSWER sitting right in front of you, requiring you only to engage in some contract talks, then you do that. Do NOT waste your #1 overall pick.

I said this earlier, but if the top 5 QBs in this draft died in a fire tomorrow, it appears that there is really only one acceptable option for the Chiefs to pursue with that #1 overall pick, and that's by going with Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner. And while they submit the pick for those two, I would be holding my nose and crying at the same time for God cursing me for my life as a Chiefs fan.

Smith
Barkley
Bray
Glennon
Wilson

If they all die tomorrow, McCarronn declares, and I STILL draft a QB first.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9302954)

Those stupid ones are like DEB ALL CAPS and you know damn well they'd support the team if they hired Dr. Phil as head coach and brought Matt Cassel back for 4 more years.

Drafting a QB is a win-win for Clark. The only portion of the fanbase that is up for grabs is US.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9303118)
Those stupid ones are like DEB ALL CAPS and you know damn well they'd support the team if they hired Dr. Phil as head coach and brought Matt Cassel back for 4 more years.

Drafting a QB is a win-win for Clark. The only portion of the fanbase that is up for grabs is US.

LMAO

I touched on this once:

Quote:

CP has proven over the years that we know EXACTLY what the **** is right, correct, perfect, and needs to ****ing happen.
I will defer to NO GM.

That mother****er will defer to ME.