ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   QB Impressions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304897)

BryanBusby 09-18-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13091019)
Isn't he just a redshirt Sophomore this year?

Yeah.

staylor26 09-18-2017 11:16 PM

Darnold is easily the best and the only one I can see being on Mahomes level.

He should probably stay one more year though. For one, he needs it, and for two, who wants to play for the Jets?

Rudolph is the most underrated. I think he could be a solid starter.

BryanBusby 09-18-2017 11:17 PM

Rosen is pretty decent and will be the lock at 1.

I liked Rudolph in the wintet and want to see how he progresses.

O.city 09-19-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13090978)
I think people really over estimated how ready Darnold is.

He needs more time.

He's improving at a crazy rate

Darnold and Rosen are already good from the pocket. That's a great starting point

Quesadilla Joe 09-19-2017 09:22 AM

Breer on Rudolph...

Spoiler!

Breer's first "Big Board"...

Spoiler!

https://www.si.com/2018-nfl-draft-qu...gs-stock-watch

RunKC 09-19-2017 09:32 AM

Mahomes is in a different level than these QB's. I haven't seen as impressive as a showing from these guys as Mahomes vs LSU.

O.city 09-19-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13091449)
Mahomes is in a different level than these QB's. I haven't seen as impressive as a showing from these guys as Mahomes vs LSU.

As a prospect, I .....eh.... probably not.

Rosen and Darnold are really good prospects. Like really really good.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13091449)

We really planned the invasion and attack for Mahomes in a manner that would make General Patton proud.
Had it not been for that ONE photo of Mahomes and Clark, NO ONE would have had a ****ing clue about what KC was up to until it was too late.

I really REALLY hope that Veach is as advertised and that his work/involvement in the last few drafts will be pinpointed and brought to light so that we can have SOME idea as to how much talent we're actually getting with him.

OldSchool 09-19-2017 11:37 PM

Darnold is a future franchise QB. I assume he's not going to come out for another couple of years though. That means Rosen is your best QB for 2018 draft, and it's not certain if he comes out either. Rosen is really damn good too, but he takes too many chances, IMO.

BryanBusby 09-20-2017 12:08 AM

Rosen doesn't seem to like school.

If gets a 2nd round grade or higher he's gonna leave.

Quesadilla Joe 09-20-2017 07:38 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For people who think Mason Rudolph is the &quot;flavor of the month&quot;, please learn how to evaluate QB&#39;s. He&#39;s the real deal guys!</p>&mdash; Greg Gabriel (@greggabe) <a href="https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/910493964930871297">September 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quesadilla Joe 09-22-2017 09:14 AM

From DJ and Bucky Brooks...

Josh Allen poses NFL dilemma; Round 1 look for Mason Rudolph

Spoiler!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...&sf116043404=1

DJ's left nut 09-22-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 13092750)
Darnold is a future franchise QB. I assume he's not going to come out for another couple of years though. That means Rosen is your best QB for 2018 draft, and it's not certain if he comes out either. Rosen is really damn good too, but he takes too many chances, IMO.

If you get graded in the top 5, you have to go. You just do.

Think of guys like Locker, Lienart and Barkley; guys that were going to be top 10 quarterbacks who stuck around. Now Locker's stock only slipped a little bit but he was considered a potential 1.1 in that draft (it's important to remember how badly that class s*******ed). Now he's an outlier because the draft rules changed and he took a $30 million hit by not leaving early, but he also got exposed a bit as a SR.

Leinart was, what, mid-1st when he got drafted? He didn't plummet but he still cost himself money by sticking around.

I just can't think of a good reason for a guy who's universally regarded as a top 3 pick to stay in college. He'll get far more seasoning as a pro, it gets him a step closer to FA and the end of his rookie contract that much sooner and ultimately saves him from the possibility of slipping with a sub-par following season (and then what, he sticks around for ANOTHER free season?)

BryanBusby 09-22-2017 09:49 AM

I think you could argue that he could very well get better quality prepping for another season at SC over being piss-pounded with shit coaching and no weapons in NY.

The Jets haven't been able to develop shit since Chad Pennington.

OldSchool 09-23-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13096205)
If you get graded in the top 5, you have to go. You just do.

Think of guys like Locker, Lienart and Barkley; guys that were going to be top 10 quarterbacks who stuck around. Now Locker's stock only slipped a little bit but he was considered a potential 1.1 in that draft (it's important to remember how badly that class s*******ed). Now he's an outlier because the draft rules changed and he took a $30 million hit by not leaving early, but he also got exposed a bit as a SR.

Leinart was, what, mid-1st when he got drafted? He didn't plummet but he still cost himself money by sticking around.

I just can't think of a good reason for a guy who's universally regarded as a top 3 pick to stay in college. He'll get far more seasoning as a pro, it gets him a step closer to FA and the end of his rookie contract that much sooner and ultimately saves him from the possibility of slipping with a sub-par following season (and then what, he sticks around for ANOTHER free season?)

Idk, everything I've read about him seems to point towards him being really dedicated to USC, enough so that he might stick around to try for a championship. Who knows though, people change their minds all of the time.