ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

evolve27 04-02-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8507346)
I thought Saul was off a little when he mentioned this earlier in the thread or maybe the other MU thread, but I think MU would have been the type of team to beat UK.

They would have had trouble guarding UK but I don't think UK could guard them very well either.

It would have been fun to see.

After losing to Norfolk State?? WTF. Mizzou fail forever

BourbonMan 04-11-2012 11:48 AM

UConn transfer is "counting down the days" to Mizzou visit

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/n...#storylink=cpy

phisherman 04-11-2012 12:03 PM

That would be nice. A big addition in experience as well, which will help after losing a few seniors.

Dartgod 04-11-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 8533197)
UConn transfer is "counting down the days" to Mizzou visit

Read more here: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/n...#storylink=cpy

I admittedly don't know all the rules on transfers, but won't he have to sit out a year?

mnchiefsguy 04-11-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8533390)
I admittedly don't know all the rules on transfers, but won't he have to sit out a year?

I think that rule is waived because UCONN was ruled ineligible for next year's tourney, so he can play immediately.

Braincase 04-11-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8533395)
I think that rule is waived because UCONN was ruled ineligible for next year's tourney, so he can play immediately.

True, and he has restrictions about which conferences he can transfer into.

stonedstooge 04-11-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8533404)

Why is that?

mnchiefsguy 04-11-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8533404)

My understanding was that those restrictions were based on what program the universities offer...so if he chose something a UK or Mizzou that was not offered at UCONN he would be eligible to transfer there. Obviously both Mizzou and UK believe he is eligible to play for them, or they would not be recruiting him.

Braincase 04-11-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8533418)
My understanding was that those restrictions were based on what program the universities offer...so if he chose something a UK or Mizzou that was not offered at UCONN he would be eligible to transfer there. Obviously both Mizzou and UK believe he is eligible to play for them, or they would not be recruiting him.

Agreed. There was a stipulation about not going to the SEC, IIRC. Not trying to start crap, just stating what I thought I read.

mikeyis4dcats. 04-11-2012 01:10 PM

Isaac Chew leaving for Illionois

mnchiefsguy 04-11-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8533425)
Agreed. There was a stipulation about not going to the SEC, IIRC. Not trying to start crap, just stating what I thought I read.

I read the same thing, but then read he could chose a major not offered by UCONN and be okay. Did not think you were starting crap at all, it is something that has been reported out there. Whatever the issue was, both Mizzou and UK must have gotten an okay from the NCAA, or the SEC, or whomever, since they are both making hard pushes to recruit him. I don't think Mizzou would push that hard and burn a scholarship if they were not confident he could play right away.

Saul Good 04-11-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

There is actually a rule in the SEC that disallows 1-year transfers, but it would likely be waived for his situation. Mizzou doesn't join the SEC until July first, so it's moot, anyway.

TrebMaxx 04-11-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

I remember reading a story on this and I think it said that the SEC has a rule that you can not take a 1 year transfer but that both MU or UK could get that waived. :shrug:

Braincase 04-11-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8533415)
Why is that?

The original story stated that the SEC doesn't allow one-year transfers, but mnchiefsguy is right, it depends on the programs. From another site - Kentucky head coach John Calipari is expected to meet with Connecticut transfer Alex Oriakhi today.

GoodmanCBS Kentucky's John Calipari expected to meet with UConn transfer Alex Oriakhi today. Oriakhi has one year left and can play immediately.

GoodmanCBS I've been told that Oriakhi will be able to play at SEC school if he chooses an area of study that is not offered at UConn.

Oriakhi's father told Hearst Connecticut Media Group on Tuesday that his son will "definitely visit" North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky and Missouri.

stonedstooge 04-11-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8533444)
The original story stated that the SEC doesn't allow one-year transfers, but mnchiefsguy is right, it depends on the programs. From another site - Kentucky head coach John Calipari is expected to meet with Connecticut transfer Alex Oriakhi today.

GoodmanCBS Kentucky's John Calipari expected to meet with UConn transfer Alex Oriakhi today. Oriakhi has one year left and can play immediately.

GoodmanCBS I've been told that Oriakhi will be able to play at SEC school if he chooses an area of study that is not offered at UConn.

Oriakhi's father told Hearst Connecticut Media Group on Tuesday that his son will "definitely visit" North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky and Missouri.

Thanks for the info