ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

Saul Good 03-30-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8499542)
I guess they'd better get his ass signed prior to June 1 then, eh?

It's a non-issue.

1) Mizzou isn't in the SEC until July 1, and he's already stated that he will be at his new school by June 1.

2) He's got 2 years to play 1, so the "eligibility" time could be considered 2 years.

3) A waiver would be granted. There's a reason that Kentucky and Florida are on him. This rule was designed to prevent grad students transfering like Masoli at Miss St.

Mizzou_8541 03-30-2012 11:06 AM

Frank Haith is AP COY but to B12 coaches, he was third best in his conference. That seems weird.

Pitt Gorilla 03-30-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 8504419)
Frank Haith is AP COY but to B12 coaches, he was third best in his conference. That seems weird.

B12 coaches are petty bitches?

kepp 03-30-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Frank Haith is AP COY but to B12 coaches, he was third best in his conference. That seems like the Big12.

FYP

Bambi 03-30-2012 12:57 PM

Congrats to Frank Haith and his amazing season.

Chiefspants 03-30-2012 01:13 PM

Congratulations are in order for Haith, he led Missouri to an incredible season.

Best of luck in the SEC, Frank!

baitism 03-30-2012 03:31 PM

Call me crazy, but I think the team next year will be better than this years if Mizzou lands either Oriakhi or Pollard. They lose some three point shooting but will more than make up for it in rebounding, points in the paint, and athleticism. Losing Denmon and English will hurt, but I still feel Ratliffe's shoes won't be as hard to fill as some people think.

Beerthirty 03-30-2012 03:45 PM

Still waiting if Shawn Smith signs with Mizzou or not. Last I heard he still was unless I missed something.:hmmm:

ChiTown 03-30-2012 03:59 PM

Still going to the SEC, but

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerthirty (Post 8505274)
Still waiting if Shawn Smith signs with Mizzou or not. Last I heard he still was unless I missed something.:hmmm:

He committed to aTm earlier this week.

DJ's left nut 03-30-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 8505250)
Call me crazy, but I think the team next year will be better than this years if Mizzou lands either Oriakhi or Pollard. They lose some three point shooting but will more than make up for it in rebounding, points in the paint, and athleticism. Losing Denmon and English will hurt, but I still feel Ratliffe's shoes won't be as hard to fill as some people think.

I don't think Pollard has a great impact on next season. In fact, Oriakhi would probably be a bigger deal for 2012 than Pollard would.

But by 2013, Pollard and Pressey could give us another chance to have our hearts broken in the Tourny. By then you would hope that Ross is doing an admirable job replacing Denmon. Pollard would be an elite 4 and Brown is probably a solid fit at the 3. I don't think that team would have a true 5 though; not sold on Rosburg at all.

Pollard's the key to the recruiting class, IMO. He could make this class go from good to great (since Brown is included).

Saul Good 03-30-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8505298)
I don't think Pollard has a great impact on next season. In fact, Oriakhi would probably be a bigger deal for 2012 than Pollard would.

But by 2013, Pollard and Pressey could give us another chance to have our hearts broken in the Tourny. By then you would hope that Ross is doing an admirable job replacing Denmon. Pollard would be an elite 4 and Brown is probably a solid fit at the 3. I don't think that team would have a true 5 though; not sold on Rosburg at all.

Pollard's the key to the recruiting class, IMO. He could make this class go from good to great (since Brown is included).

Pollard's a potenital 1-and-done guy. I wouldn't count on 2013 impact.

veist 03-30-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Norfolikn' way, the coaches would never have an axe to grind!

Al Bundy 03-31-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8504922)
Congratulations are in order for Haith, he led Missouri to an incredible season.

Best of luck in the SEC, Frank!

Regular season yes. Season overall, the historic loss to a terrible team at the end makes it a bad season and will provide jokes for many many years. I do wonder though if Haith will really ever recover from it.

O.city 03-31-2012 04:54 PM

I thought Saul was off a little when he mentioned this earlier in the thread or maybe the other MU thread, but I think MU would have been the type of team to beat UK.

They would have had trouble guarding UK but I don't think UK could guard them very well either.

It would have been fun to see.

-King- 04-01-2012 01:25 PM

ROFL Kim English is hilarious. He flies back from Baltimore today. Tweets that he needs a ride from STL to Como and now has 4 girls taking him.

Quote:

Kim English ‏ @Englishscope24

Who is in St. Louis and wants to drive me to Columbia? Im a great car ride conversationalist! #Cardinals #Mizzou! I'll buy lunch
Quote:

Claire Prather ‏ @Cprath

@Englishscope24 We are literally driving through St Louis on the way back to Mizzou from PCB!
Quote:

Well stop at the airport! #Mizzou RT @Cprath: @Englishscope24 We are literally driving through St Louis on the way back to Mizzou from PCB!
Quote:

Claire Prather ‏ @Cprath

@Englishscope24 haha we totally will if you're serious lol
Quote:

You guys have room? RT @Cprath: @Englishscope24 haha we totally will if you're serious lol
Quote:

Claire Prather ‏ @Cprath

@Englishscope24 Yeah it's 4 girls in an SUV. We have room haha
Quote:

Welp. Swing by STL Lambert. #ComoBound! RT @Cprath: @Englishscope24 Yeah it's 4 girls in an SUV. We have room haha

Quote:

Claire Prather ‏ @Cprath

@Englishscope24 hahaha we are really hopping this isn't April fool's
Quote:

Lol. Its not. Southwest pick up. E 14. #LetsRoll RT @Cprath: @Englishscope24 hahaha we are really hopping this isn't April fool's
Quote:

Claire Prather ‏ @Cprath

@Englishscope24 lol we will be there in like 15 min then
For you folks who don't understand twitter, this loosely translates to: College athlete has a good chance at a 5some.