ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

Ceej 03-26-2013 03:12 PM

CBS' "expert" picks.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...t/expert-picks

I'm really surprised 3/4 are picking Marquette over the U.

2/4 picking Oregon over L'Ville.

3/4 picking Zona over tOSU.

And all four are picking Michigan over KU.

Mr. Plow 03-26-2013 03:27 PM

What's the reasoning behind everyone picking UM over KU?

ReynardMuldrake 03-26-2013 03:41 PM

Wichita St./La Salle is going to be fun to watch. Two teams with nothing to lose.

RealSNR 03-26-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9531068)

I assume because they won their first two tournament games in a far more impressive fashion.

Realistically, I guess I can't blame them. The tournament doesn't give a shit what you were playing like in December and January, whether it was good or bad. And when you get to this stage, it doesn't even care how well you were playing in your conference tournament.

But that's still horseshit. A clean sweep of Michigan over KU? 2-2 or 3-1, maybe, but that's just asinine.

This KU team seems to be at its best with its back to the wall. I hope Self finds some bulletin board material to use in practice. We need to play relaxed and confident, but also with passion and inspiration.

RealSNR 03-26-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9531104)
Wichita St./La Salle is going to be fun to watch. Two teams with nothing to lose.

Nah. When you get to the Sweet Sixteen you have EVERYTHING to lose. Does no good to raise eyebrows and then disappoint people as soon as they take notice.

KC_Connection 03-26-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9531018)
CBS' "expert" picks.

lol, experts

ReynardMuldrake 03-26-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9531116)
Nah. When you get to the Sweet Sixteen you have EVERYTHING to lose. Does no good to raise eyebrows and then disappoint people as soon as they take notice.

Neither team was expected to get this far. The pressure is off when you're playing with house money.

sedated 03-26-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9531068)

From what I hear, Gottlieb had some good reasoning behind his pick of Michigan. Their offensive style is ball screens with McGary, so Withey will have to play away from the basket. And of course the guard advantage. Said the teams that can exploit Michigan are teams with a great 4, which KU does not have.

Ceej 03-26-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9531119)
lol, experts

Hence the quotations.

I don't think any of them had a .500 percentage in their brackets.

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9531129)
From what I hear, Gottlieb had some good reasoning behind his pick of Michigan. Their offensive style is ball screens with McGary, so Withey will have to play away from the basket. And of course the guard advantage. Said the teams that can exploit Michigan are teams with a great 4, which KU does not have.

Yeah, no. Heard this about both prior teams. Heard it last week too before we played ISU. And nothing ever changes: Jeff continues to dominate. There is no team in the history of basketball that can go an entire game without taking the ball to the hole on occasion, or posting up, or trying to stick-back an off rebound. And when they do....

Chiefs Pantalones 03-26-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9531018)
CBS' "expert" picks.

Wow 3/4 for Zona? We'll see. They've played Shawnee Mission North High School and Central High School so far in the tournament.

sedated 03-26-2013 04:01 PM

When they aren't jacking 3's, its my understanding that Michigan plays a Princeton style offense. Don't think we've seen that yet this year (at least from a quality team)

Bearcat 03-26-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9531114)
I assume because they won their first two tournament games in a far more impressive fashion.

Realistically, I guess I can't blame them. The tournament doesn't give a shit what you were playing like in December and January, whether it was good or bad. And when you get to this stage, it doesn't even care how well you were playing in your conference tournament.

But that's still horseshit. A clean sweep of Michigan over KU? 2-2 or 3-1, maybe, but that's just asinine.

This KU team seems to be at its best with its back to the wall. I hope Self finds some bulletin board material to use in practice. We need to play relaxed and confident, but also with passion and inspiration.

Yeah, it's crap... the media (and a lot of fans, I'm sure) fall into that trap every year. I remember everyone picking UNC over Kansas in the FF in 2008, mostly because Kansas barely beat Davidson... and people kept picking against Kansas last year because they were seemingly pulling wins out of their ass.

You would think they would eventually catch on that Self is pretty damn good at finding ways to win close games and finding ways to win when Kansas isn't shooting well or even playing well. And now he has several days to prepare for his next opponent, and will surely lose... :doh!:

KC_Connection 03-26-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9531129)

McGary is no risk to shoot off those screens, though, so why would it even matter? Withey will just stay home on them and prevent Burke from getting to the basket with his length. I actually think it's quite a good matchup for KU, I've thought it would be all year.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-26-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9531166)
McGary is no risk to shoot off those screens, though, so why would it even matter? Withey will just stay home on them and prevent Burke from getting to the basket with his length. I actually think it's quite a good matchup for KU, I've thought it would be all year.

I forget which "expert" said this earlier in the year, maybe Greenberg, but he said our team is too big, fast, strong and smart for Michigan. He said we'd rough them up.