ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   QB Impressions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304897)

BryanBusby 09-16-2017 08:14 PM

LMAO at anyone who thought this shit was better than Mahomes

Where's that ginger ****er at to tell people that 18 is the big year!

RealSNR 09-16-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13084128)
LMAO at anyone who thought this shit was better than Mahomes

Where's that ginger ****er at to tell people that 18 is the big year!

Who? Billay?

DaneMcCloud 09-16-2017 09:37 PM

As I mentioned, Darnold has regressed

BryanBusby 09-16-2017 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13084188)
Who? Billay?

Yeah. He was the ****er that claimed very heavily that they should wait it out for Josh Allen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13084223)
As I mentioned, Darnold has regressed

I think Darnold will eventually be a top 5 NFL choice, but people got worked up far too quickly and forgot that he's pretty young and isn't NFL ready. They saw 5 minutes of him against Penn St and thought they had seen everything they needed to see.

He's still got a lot to learn at USC.

RealSNR 09-16-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13084530)
Yeah. He was the ****er that claimed very heavily that they should wait it out for Josh Allen.

Good. Now I'm rooting hard for Allen to fail. Next time the ginger tard takes a potshot at me and claims I don't know my football, he's going to get a faceful of rape.

OldSchool 09-16-2017 11:22 PM

Josh Allen is pulling a Hackenberg.

milkman 09-16-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13084558)
Good. Now I'm rooting hard for Allen to fail. Next time the ginger tard takes a potshot at me and claims I don't know my football, he's going to get a faceful of rape.

You actually let someone that has never said an intelligent thing about football, or anything for that matter, to get under your skin?

GloucesterChief 09-17-2017 10:35 AM

Falk seemed to have rebounded from his really bad game against Boise. It is Oregon State which hasn't been decent in a while but still. We will see in two weeks when USC comes up to the Palouse.

DaneMcCloud 09-18-2017 09:50 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ing-an-eye-on/

7. Josh Allen, Wyoming

Stock Down

Since forever, many NFL coaches have believed if a quarterback has all the physical tools he can be taught the intricacies of the position. For example, Josh Allen is 6-feet-4 with plus athleticism and a Matthew Stafford-esque arm, hence his first-round (or to some, No. 1 overall) hype heading into this season.

But I think it's time we turn that old-school philosophy on its head. To me, arm strength can be developed at the NFL level. Accuracy, coverage-reading and sound decision-making cannot. If you're having trouble consistently throwing an accurate football, reading a defense, or choosing when it's OK to fire a pass into tight coverage in college, how in the world are you going to suddenly improve in all those areas against the most challenging competition on Earth? You're not.

This theory applies directly to Allen. He was blessed with immense physical talent. There is absolutely no doubting that. But he has much to learn regarding the vital nuances of playing quarterback.

Also, there's a caveat here. Like I wrote after his poor performance against Iowa, I'm not going blast him when Wyoming is ridiculously overmatched, and it certainly was against Oregon. He has a tendency to try to do too much to account for the sizable gap in talent when his Cowboys face a team from a Power Five conference, but he can't do it alone. His receivers haven't exactly helped to boost his draft stock either.

----------
Any team that selects Allen in the first round, let alone Top 5, will be disappointed with the results.

You can't teach accuracy.

kccrow 09-18-2017 01:28 PM

I stick by my assertion that Mason Rudolph is the cream of the 2018 crop.

Frosty 09-18-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13084988)
Falk seemed to have rebounded from his really bad game against Boise. It is Oregon State which hasn't been decent in a while but still.

I wouldn't get too excited about the results of last weekend's game. My Beavers would struggle against a high school team this year. :grr:

BryanBusby 09-18-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13089613)
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ing-an-eye-on/

7. Josh Allen, Wyoming

Stock Down

Since forever, many NFL coaches have believed if a quarterback has all the physical tools he can be taught the intricacies of the position. For example, Josh Allen is 6-feet-4 with plus athleticism and a Matthew Stafford-esque arm, hence his first-round (or to some, No. 1 overall) hype heading into this season.

But I think it's time we turn that old-school philosophy on its head. To me, arm strength can be developed at the NFL level. Accuracy, coverage-reading and sound decision-making cannot. If you're having trouble consistently throwing an accurate football, reading a defense, or choosing when it's OK to fire a pass into tight coverage in college, how in the world are you going to suddenly improve in all those areas against the most challenging competition on Earth? You're not.

This theory applies directly to Allen. He was blessed with immense physical talent. There is absolutely no doubting that. But he has much to learn regarding the vital nuances of playing quarterback.

Also, there's a caveat here. Like I wrote after his poor performance against Iowa, I'm not going blast him when Wyoming is ridiculously overmatched, and it certainly was against Oregon. He has a tendency to try to do too much to account for the sizable gap in talent when his Cowboys face a team from a Power Five conference, but he can't do it alone. His receivers haven't exactly helped to boost his draft stock either.

----------
Any team that selects Allen in the first round, let alone Top 5, will be disappointed with the results.

You can't teach accuracy.

I think it comes down to why a player is inaccurate. In a lotof cases, yeah that's correct. Just ask Hack and the Jets.

O.city 09-18-2017 08:40 PM

Rosen and darnold are gonna be good pros. They're legit

BryanBusby 09-18-2017 08:59 PM

I think people really over estimated how ready Darnold is.

He needs more time.

OldSchool 09-18-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13090978)
I think people really over estimated how ready Darnold is.

He needs more time.

Isn't he just a redshirt Sophomore this year?