ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271360)

Bearcat 03-23-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9524126)
It's a slap in our face to have to play KU in KC .... It's not KU's fault of course but it kinda pisses me off...

I saw Roy shaking hands with Kansas fans after UNC's game last night... seemed to be enjoying himself. :D

Chiefs Pantalones 03-23-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9524120)
Ya see, I don't hate KU.....

I hate UK
I hate DOOK
I hate Notre Dame
I don't like Indiana
I don't like UCLA

You better not hate us. We created you. (Dean Smith KU alum). :)

Bearcat 03-23-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9524132)
I understand that.

But, it certainly didn't help the team last night.

If UNC makes all of the open shots WKU missed last night UNC could rout them tomorrow.

Kansas missed a lot of easy shots, too, and didn't hit one 3. I was really surprised they were shooting 50% for most of the first half... they were 7/13 at one point and it seemed like they had already missed 5 shots within a couple of feet of the basket.

Ceej 03-23-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9524164)
Kansas missed a lot of easy shots, too, and didn't hit one 3. I was really surprised they were shooting 50% for most of the first half... they were 7/13 at one point and it seemed like they had already missed 5 shots within a couple of feet of the basket.

Even still...

Seems like WKU was playing with more confidence yesterday.

I expect the team with a ton more emotion and energy tomorrow.

If they don't, they sure as hell don't deserve to win.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-23-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9524172)
Even still...

Yeah if we don't come out from now on, with a senior dominated team, with a lot of energy and determination especially knowing your career is over if you lose...well bye. You didn't deserve it.

R8RFAN 03-23-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9524162)
You better not hate us. We created you. (Dean Smith KU alum). :)

Yea but we perfected it o:-)

Old Dog 03-23-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9524109)
Over Rated mainly in the tourney seedings... They are a legit top 7 team in the NCAA to me this year but they just don't act like they want it..

It seems like you're backtracking, but I'll play your game. Who deserved a #1 over them?

Duke? Probably if not for the early exit in ACC tourney, but KU handled business, Duke notsomuch
Miami? possible, but they had losses just as bad as KU did I believe (2 losses outside of RPI top 100, KU had one.....I will give you that KUs was to a 200+) and a loss more than KU
Ohio St? Lost to KU head to head at home

R8RFAN 03-23-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9524208)
It seems like you're backtracking, but I'll play your game. Who deserved a #1 over them?

Duke? Probably if not for the early exit in ACC tourney, but KU handled business, Duke notsomuch
Miami? possible, but they had losses just as bad as KU did I believe (2 losses outside of RPI top 100, KU had one.....I will give you that KUs was to a 200+) and a loss more than KU
Ohio St? Lost to KU head to head at home

Miami, plain and simple

Old Dog 03-23-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9524211)
Miami, plain and simple

Why did they deserve it over KU?

R8RFAN 03-23-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9524213)
Why did they deserve it over KU?

I think they are a much better team and I don't like them... I want to see the U lose badly..

R8RFAN 03-23-2013 05:42 PM

Not trying to piss you off Old Dog, maybe I didn't watch enough KU games this year

Old Dog 03-23-2013 05:42 PM

Miami had 3 losses of RPI 75 or worse and 8 wins of RPI 50 or better and 3 losses in the last 10
KU had 1 loss outside of the RPI top 75 and 13 wins vs RPI top 50 and was 9-1 over the last 10

Old Dog 03-23-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9524229)
Not trying to piss you off Old Dog, maybe I didn't watch enough KU games this year

You're not pissing me off whatsoever, I just don't believe you're looking at things objectively.

Again, you must bear in mind that KU is not my primary team. I'm a KSU fan first.

Bearcat 03-23-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9524172)
Even still...

Withey said they overlooked them..... frustrates the hell out of me, especially from a team that should know by now that they can't simply coast through a game.... but, obviously it's not something unique to Kansas.

I don't think they'll be lacking motivation and effort tomorrow, and yeah, if we're wrong, they'll deserve what they get. Prior to the Final Four beating on UNC, they had the defensive struggle against Davidson, and prior to last year's game, they had a couple of slugfests.... so, I'm hoping that trend continues and they come out loose and leave it all on the court. Just like those games, I'm sure they're looking forward to getting the transition game going and seeing a little more room out there.

Ceej 03-23-2013 05:47 PM

The only thing that'll piss me off tomorrow is if KU loses tomorrow because of lack of energy and focus.