ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269732)

Spott 05-06-2017 08:05 AM

I never saw the first one, but I saw this one last night and thought it was pretty good.

Deberg_1990 05-06-2017 08:05 AM

I liked it, but not as much as the first movie.

It basically just stayed in one central location for a good hour or so.

Didnt have very good villians either.

But was truly funny in spots.

Yondu and Rocket get a bravo scene or two.

Buehler445 05-06-2017 05:17 PM

I thought it was really good.

Obviously the first one was something that hadn't been done before so this can't be that but I thought it was well done.

I was really surprised

Spoiler!

Also

Spoiler!

The family notes resonated really well. With me anyway. Without those the movie sucks.

Spoiler!

mnchiefsguy 05-06-2017 06:16 PM

I thought it was really good. 90% as good as the first, which puts it in the upper tier of Marvel movies for me, as the first Guardians is pretty high up on the list.

Deberg_1990 05-06-2017 07:00 PM

The best thing about these movies for me is how every single character is interesting and developed. You could make an interesting spinoff movie from any of these characters

Amazing lived in world that Gunn has built. They truly embraced the pulp this time. Those gold people felt straight out of Flash Gordon

Dartgod 05-06-2017 08:55 PM

I really enjoyed it. I'd probably rank it a bit below the original, but the original was so freaking good that this is still a very good movie.

The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler!

sully1983 05-06-2017 09:25 PM

just got back from it. Kind of disappointed to be honest . I really enjoyed Vol.1 but this one didn't live up to the hype. Maybe I had my expectations too high but a lot of the one liners/jokes fell flat for me. Also the soundtrack was a let down (considering the 1st one kicked ass).

Kurt Russell was decent and I am happy for his success this year (set to be in TWO billion dollar franchises with this and Fast & Furious) .

Michael Rooker was the stand out ("I'm Mary Poppins y'all!") lol that was great . And I had no clue that Sly was gonna be in this haha. WTF was he doing in this anyways???

Coochie liquor 05-06-2017 09:56 PM

Not reading any spoilers, but can't wait til next weekend so I can see it. Has anyone seen it in 3D yet? I'm wanting to see it in 3D, looks like it should be awesome for it.

BWillie 05-06-2017 11:28 PM

Still a talking tree and racoon. 1 star

Buehler445 05-07-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 12860907)
I really enjoyed it. I'd probably rank it a bit below the original, but the original was so freaking good that this is still a very good movie.

The only thing I didn't like was
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

unlurking 05-07-2017 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12861053)
Still a talking tree and racoon. 1 star

no tits, amirite?

I guess they can't all be the played out tropes of legal/crime dramas.

sd4chiefs 05-07-2017 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw it last night and I like it but not as much as the first movie.

Spoiler!

siberian khatru 05-07-2017 07:16 PM

Saw it today: Big thumbs up.

Lots of really funny jokes. Dave Bautista really grew as an actor. In the first one I thought Chris Pratt carried the show, but in this one I thought they did a good job spreading it around,

Pure summer fun. I thought it was even better than the first.

Bowser 05-07-2017 07:47 PM

Just got back from it. Very much enjoyed it. It was maybe a click or three lower than the first for me personally, but that isn't saying much as the first one was amazing.

Spoiler!

And also

Spoiler!

KC_Lee 05-07-2017 08:58 PM

Saw it today with the wife. Good movie, lots of fun. One microscopic nit pick; some of the humor was a bit forced, like they had too many good lines and wanted to get all of them in.