ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

vailpass 12-06-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9182895)
Well, CS becomes LS at the same time as RW, or at least the initial event that leads to LS's eventual appearance.

In fact, that might be a hell of a way to end the season. Imagine that as a cliffhanger. LS rising out of the water.

Great call. That would be the shit for sure, especially to those who haven't read the books.

Hawk 12-06-2012 02:57 PM

They are going to have to show how she is brought back or else it won't make sense to viewers. Speculation is Beric Dondarrion sacrifices himself to give his ability to escape death to her which is how she ends up leading Beric's band (at least it appears she is leading them when she kills that Frey guy in the epilogue). Maybe we'll get something explicit in the show because it won't make a lot of sense for her to just pop up and be alive again.

MagicHef 12-06-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9185634)
They are going to have to show how she is brought back or else it won't make sense to viewers. Speculation is Beric Dondarrion sacrifices himself to give his ability to escape death to her which is how she ends up leading Beric's band (at least it appears she is leading them when she kills that Frey guy in the epilogue). Maybe we'll get something explicit in the show because it won't make a lot of sense for her to just pop up and be alive again.

You haven't read past SoS? It's explained later how she is back, and she is undoubtedly leading the Brotherhood without Banners.

Red Brooklyn 12-06-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9185827)
You haven't read past SoS? It's explained later how she is back

I've read every book. But I don't recall the specifics. Would you mind refreshing my memory?

MagicHef 12-06-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9185898)
I've read every book. But I don't recall the specifics. Would you mind refreshing my memory?

Thoros, after Brienne wakes and everyone in the BwB is taking orders from LS: "When we found her by the river she was three days dead. Harwin begged me to give her the kiss of life, but it had been too long. I would not do it, so Lord Beric put his lips to hers instead, and the flame of life passed from him to her."

That is near the end of A Feast for Crows, so it's been basically an entire book between readers finding out she's "alive" and finding out how it happened.

Red Brooklyn 12-06-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9185974)
Thoros, after Brienne wakes and everyone in the BwB is taking orders from LS: "When we found her by the river she was three days dead. Harwin begged me to give her the kiss of life, but it had been too long. I would not do it, so Lord Beric put his lips to hers instead, and the flame of life passed from him to her."

Awesome. Thank you.

I remembered that there was an explanation, but I couldn't remember it for the life of me.

Setsuna 12-07-2012 02:18 AM

Screw LS. Bloodraven will be epic and people will rejoice. But you know what guys? If they need a break or something for the books. They could do the Dunk and Egg tales as a season. Now that would be very, very shway.

TrickyNicky 12-07-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9187152)
Screw LS. Bloodraven will be epic and people will rejoice. But you know what guys? If they need a break or something for the books. They could do the Dunk and Egg tales as a season. Now that would be very, very shway.

In a perfect world, ASoS would be two seasons with the first dunk and egg tale as a HBO movie in between them.

Hawk 12-07-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9185974)

That is near the end of A Feast for Crows, so it's been basically an entire book between readers finding out she's "alive" and finding out how it happened.

Excellent, thanks, I forgot that it was that explicit in the books though I was thinking that Beric had done something like that.

I've read AFFC, but it's been a while and I read it quickly the first time through wanting to know what happened next. I'm re-reading AFFC and ADWD right now simlutaneously following a chapter list for that purpose that I got from the Tower of the Hand site. I'm enjoying the re-read because I can focus in more on the details and foreshadowing, and I like doing the two books combined since I get all the characters that way. More like how the show would do it I guess.

mnchiefsguy 12-07-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9187346)
Excellent, thanks, I forgot that it was that explicit in the books though I was thinking that Beric had done something like that.

I've read AFFC, but it's been a while and I read it quickly the first time through wanting to know what happened next. I'm re-reading AFFC and ADWD right now simlutaneously following a chapter list for that purpose that I got from the Tower of the Hand site. I'm enjoying the re-read because I can focus in more on the details and foreshadowing, and I like doing the two books combined since I get all the characters that way. More like how the show would do it I guess.

Do you have a link for that re-read chapter list. That seems to be very cool, given that the two books are going on at the same time. Thanks!

mnchiefsguy 12-18-2012 06:23 PM

Looks like Season 3 episodes are going to be longer!

Episodes will be 56-57 minutes long instead of the standards 52.

Article here:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/18/ga...nger-season-3/

keg in kc 12-19-2012 09:17 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f3y5aCWFuKo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 01-10-2013 02:56 PM

Not related to the show, really, but Martin's released a new sample chapter for TWoW, called "Arianne", featuring Arianne Martell: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

Frazod 01-10-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9303488)
Not related to the show, really, but Martin's released a new sample chapter for TWoW, called "Arianne", featuring Arianne Martell: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

Thanks. I'll give that a look later tonight. Nice to know the old fart is actually working on it.

Raiderhater 01-11-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9184045)
Especially given the fact that they built Robb's character so much. Everyone says how ASoS is their favorite book of the series, but I was ****ing depressed for days after the RW. That book left a bad taste in my mouth.

I had to put the book down and walk away for a while after that chapter. The ending of the book some what made up for it but, not enough. Absolutely heart wrenching.