ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs trade (Arenas) for...wait for it...a FB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272672)

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 10137060)
And pretty much every FB we've had here recently has been fairly irrelevant and has come and gone. You can't blame people for thinking "WTF?"

Yes, I can and I did, just not in this thread.

Arenas was hot garbage. He was slow as a punt returner and invisible (and not in a good way) as a CB. Trading him for a true fullback was a stroke of genius.

Please note that in this thread, people were making excuses for the great Jalil Brown while insulting Sean Smith.

The bottom line is that this forum is no longer dominated with very intelligent football people, it's dominated by dumbasses with big mouths.

This thread is proof.

AussieChiefsFan 10-29-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10137065)

Arenas was hot garbage. He was slow as a punt returner and invisible (and not in a good way) as a CB. Trading him for a true fullback was a stroke of genius.

Please note that in this thread, people were making excuses for the great Jalil Brown while insulting Sean Smith.

The bottom line is that this forum is no longer dominated with very intelligent football people, it's dominated by dumbasses with big mouths.

This thread is proof.

Like back when you were the only member?

I kid, I kid. :D

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 10137067)
Like back when you were the only member?

I kid, I kid. :D

:D

Phobia 10-29-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10137065)

This thread is proof.

It's dominated by people who watch a chiefs game 3x on Sunday and then talk out their ass a lot. Most of them are young and make their league's fantasy playoffs every year. Some of them have left home to strike out on their own. None of them have kissed a girl they didn't meet on craigslist.

DaneMcCloud 10-29-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10137073)
It's dominated by people who watch a chiefs game 3x on Sunday and then talk out their ass a lot. Most of them are young and make their league's fantasy playoffs every year. Some of them have left home to strike out on their own. None of them have kissed a girl they didn't meet on craigslist.

LMAO

Mile High Mania 10-29-2013 04:15 AM

CP has lost its burst.

Johnny Vegas 10-29-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9649478)

I still stand by my quote.

ChiefGator 10-29-2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9651709)
Disappointing that we gave up Arenas. This is the first head-scratching decision I have seen from the front-office though.

Well, if you look at Arenas for Dunta, I'm not sure that was such a great move. Is Dunta even seeing the field anymore? He's not on the list of inactives, but it is rare to see him on the field.

I wasn't really that mad about Arenas leaving, just seemed like all the action at FB (draft, trade, etc..) was head scratching.

I do like Sherman though, now that I've had a chance to see him.

Anyong Bluth 10-29-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 10137100)
Well, if you look at Arenas for Dunta, I'm not sure that was such a great move. Is Dunta even seeing the field anymore? He's not on the list of inactives, but it is rare to see him on the field.

I wasn't really that mad about Arenas leaving, just seemed like all the action at FB (draft, trade, etc..) was head scratching.

I do like Sherman though, now that I've had a chance to see him.

Does it matter, as if they had Cooper at that point. We just backed into a rookie 7th round pick thats kicked ass by sheer luck and a key eye by the FO to grab him at 1st chance at cutdown time.

scho63 10-29-2013 06:50 AM

This trade is a perfect example of how the fans don't know squat when evaluating talent. This has been a great trade for us and shows Dorsey and Reid are two shrewd guys.

One of many great moves by the two of them

Carlota69 10-29-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10137073)

Who have a not so closeted love for penii especially of the chocolate variety.

RealSNR 10-29-2013 07:32 AM

There's nothing wrong with the reaction people had initially to this trade.

It was a ****ing FB who had done absolutely nothing up to this point in his NFL career.

People were right to be skeptical of this trade. Thankfully it worked out pretty well for us.

ChiefGator 10-29-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10137108)
Does it matter, as if they had Cooper at that point. We just backed into a rookie 7th round pick thats kicked ass by sheer luck and a key eye by the FO to grab him at 1st chance at cutdown time.

Yeah, no doubt... Cooper was a GREAT pickup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10137189)

It was a ****ing FB who had done absolutely nothing up to this point in his NFL career.

People were right to be skeptical of this trade. Thankfully it worked out pretty well for us.

And it brought us up to like four FB's on the roster at the time.

Has worked out nicely for us though.

BigCatDaddy 10-29-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10137189)

Especially since we spent a 6th round draft pick on a FB already. So while they make a good trade they also made a shitty pick.

taterhog 10-29-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9648794)
lol wow

any person that justifies this trade is a complete homer moron

This is my favorite quote from the thread. Everybody here says its crap, so might as well pile on and not think for a second that the professionals know more about it lol

this thread is full of win on so many levels.