ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9598374)
Matt Barkley
Geno Smith
Dee Milner
Dion Jordan
Shariff Floyd
Star Lotulelei
Sheldon Richardson
Cordarrelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
Chance Warmack

Thats my top 10. Not mock order or where I think they go.

Thanks!

You know, I think this opinion will be unpopular, but if the Chiefs kept Albert, I think Austin would be the biggest immediate impact player at 1.1.

ChiefsCountry 04-18-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9598381)
Thanks!

You know, I think this opinion will be unpopular, but if the Chiefs kept Albert, I think Austin would be the biggest immediate impact player at 1.1.

For this year, that is true. But I look at the draft who will make the biggest impact 5 years from now.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9598388)
For this year, that is true. But I look at the draft who will make the biggest impact 5 years from now.

Well with the new CBA and lack of cap increases, five years might be too much to expect, especially considering the fifth year option has to be activated after year two.

I think the smart teams will look for more immediate impact players even more so than in the past.

Win now, at all cost.

penbrook 04-18-2013 12:30 AM

Does make sense. Dolphins didnt want to sign Long because he was asking for too much money and had injury concerns so why would they give us a pick for Albert who is asking for more money than long and also has back problems. Its just some pre draft BS.

ChiefsCountry 04-18-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9598389)
Well with the new CBA and lack of cap increases, five years might be too much to expect, especially considering the fifth year option has to be activated after year two.

The win now mentality of pro sports needs to take a step back and look at aging and stats to see that around age 27 is when thing normally take off for a player especially at quarterback. Look at Rodgers, Flacco, Eli Manning etc. NBA is the even a greater example of this. That is the age that Jordan, Shaq, Larry Bird, LeBron all won their first championship and took off from there. Which I'm sure in about 3 years is when we will see Andrew Luck when a Super Bowl. Its pretty much like clock work this happens yet the media can't seem to grasp it.

DaneMcCloud 04-18-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9598396)
The win now mentality of pro sports needs to take a step back and look at aging and stats to see that around age 27 is when thing normally take off for a player especially at quarterback. Look at Rodgers, Flacco, Eli Manning etc. NBA is the even a greater example of this. That is the age that Jordan, Shaq, Larry Bird, LeBron all won their first championship and took off from there. Which I'm sure in about 3 years is when we will see Andrew Luck when a Super Bowl. Its pretty much like clock work this happens yet the media can't seem to grasp it.

I agree. It's just that this new CBA, at least to me, changes everything. And the lack of cap space is really a game changer.

Fritz88 04-18-2013 01:07 AM

We have the Nancy Graces of football.

Trade Albert, get a second for him. Trade down, grab an LT and BPA.

Profit.

The only **** up is the price for Alex Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 04-18-2013 01:41 AM

Stupid stupid stupid.

BryanBusby 04-18-2013 02:15 AM

Omar Kelly is Miami's version of Teicher and doesn't really know shit lol

RunKC 04-18-2013 03:40 AM

Dave ‏@dmb132000 12m
B. Albert grades out as the 25th OT in '12(17th LT) according to @PFF. He was 11th in pass blocking. 47th in run blocking. @GoZakNeverGoBak

Yeah I think Joeckel or Fisher can do better than that.

Mother****erJones 04-18-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9598334)
Jesus, no wonder I hardly post in football threads.

So I take it Sean Smith is Gochief's Mccluster this year?

GC - Sean Smith will never be good because he is slow and doesn't have elite talent

GC- Find one single link showing a 40 under 4.5

Randoms link two, including a video showing an electric time of 4.47 and pro day link showing 4.43, on the video the announcers are boasting about a 6'3 corner running a 4.47

Random posts that Richard Sherman ran a 4.56

GC- Sherman doesn't have elite speed but is "good", Sherman who is undeniably at minimum the 2nd best corner in the NFL behind Revis and a very debatable #1, "good"...Sherman "good" Sherman "good". Flowers is at minimum "good" and he also happens to be slower than Smith, just like that other "good" corner.

Jesus Christ, just phugging make gifs, that brief stint for that highly regarded publication where you pronounced Cassel a stud really went to your head.

Quit obsessing over one player like a maniac, DMC will be a decent player for Reid, and I bet Sean Smith will too.

Richard Sherman is "good" Gochiefs 4/17/13

My whole point with the Richard Sherman idea was that he doesn't have elite speed but is elite and on the verge of being the best corner in the league.

Mother****erJones 04-18-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9598070)
ROFL I'm pretty sure you're the guy who gets upset every time I make fun of white people.

Seriously. Get a life. And thicker skin.

ROFL he is a puggy whiteboy...oh and I'm white so no that wasn't really race. Who gives a shit

ChiefGator 04-18-2013 03:58 AM

Albert and our 1st overall pick, for the Dolphins 1st.

Sassy Squatch 04-18-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9598463)
Albert and our 1st overall pick, for the Dolphins 1st.

What an awesome trade

The Bad Guy 04-18-2013 04:53 AM

Pretty interesting article on tackles and how productive they are as they age.

http://www.footballperspective.com/d...age/#more-8626