ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** OFFICIAL 2014 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279499)

Reerun_KC 09-18-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 10925825)
Mack isn't dumb enough to go to career killer U.

We all can't have guys like scary smart take over.

Reerun_KC 09-18-2014 03:59 PM

That list gives me some hope for the future.

WilliamTheIrish 09-18-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10923868)
Haven't seen much of him this fall. Our connection is through our boys and football, but mine decided to take a year off.

That's too bad they took a season off. I know you had some bad experiences in that league. They doing ok?

Prison Bitch 09-18-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 10925825)
Mack isn't dumb enough to go to career killer U.

Coaching careers killed in Manhappenin:
Wesley Fry
Hobbs Adams
Ward Haylett
Lud Fiser
Sam Francis†
Ralph Graham
Bill Meek
Bus Mertes
Doug Weaver
Vince Gibson
Ellis Rainsberger
Jim Dickey
Lee Moon
Stan Parrish
Ron Prince

Coaching careers not killed in Manhappenin:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/23...cf70c9af3a.jpg

Mr. Plow 09-18-2014 06:08 PM

It's like the Chiefs. You've been disappointing for so long that I'm not going to get excited again until you prove it's worth being excited about. I don't care who they bring in as coach - if he turns it around, he turns it around. If not, move on to the next one.

Buehler445 09-18-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10926437)
It's like the Chiefs. You've been disappointing for so long that I'm not going to get excited again until you prove it's worth being excited about. I don't care who they bring in as coach - if he turns it around, he turns it around. If not, move on to the next one.

Pretty much this.

I was moderately excited for Charlie to at least get us back to mediocre. Just another ****ing guy making money of "developing" Tom ****ing Brady.

Reerun_KC 09-18-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10927033)
Pretty much this.

I was moderately excited for Charlie to at least get us back to mediocre. Just another ****ing guy making money of "developing" Tom ****ing Brady.

This.

Braincase 09-18-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10926235)
That's too bad they took a season off. I know you had some bad experiences in that league. They doing ok?

This year is 8th grade, school ball. Thing is, a bunch of his teammates played in a very successful program, and my son played for a perennial loser youth team, so the elite players let him know he didn't belong. Loved the way he blocked, the way he snapped, the way he played, but because he wasn't from their club, he'd never be up to snuff. Some other players didn't catch as much crap due to other sports (baseball, basketball) or family ties. My son had enough. Almost all of the kids that messed with him are going to a different high school next year, and he's said he'll go back out for football then.

WilliamTheIrish 09-18-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10927358)
This year is 8th grade, school ball. Thing is, a bunch of his teammates played in a very successful program, and my son played for a perennial loser youth team, so the elite players let him know he didn't belong. Loved the way he blocked, the way he snapped, the way he played, but because he wasn't from their club, he'd never be up to snuff. Some other players didn't catch as much crap due to other sports (baseball, basketball) or family ties. My son had enough. Almost all of the kids that messed with him are going to a different high school next year, and he's said he'll go back out for football then.

As a parent, that kind shit is tough to stand by quietly and watch. I went through it in youth soccer with my kids. So many times I wanted to **** some opposing coach/parent up for their antics. And sometimes opposing players too.

But, I learned that revenge (as it is) comes in different way. My kid has a successful career and life. He's traveled the country and likes his career.

Several of the kids who played against him in youth futbol and as teammates in HS, are stuck in the same city. Dead end job. Dead end life.

**** em.

Good luck to you and them BC.

Buehler445 09-18-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10927377)
As a parent, that kind shit is tough to stand by quietly and watch. I went through it in youth soccer with my kids. So many times I wanted to **** some opposing coach/parent up for their antics. And sometimes opposing players too.

But, I learned that revenge (as it is) comes in different way. My kid has a successful career and life. He's traveled the country and likes his career.

Several of the kids who played against him in youth futbol and as teammates in HS, are stuck in the same city. Dead end job. Dead end life.

**** em.

Good luck to you and them BC.

LOL.

When I played MAYB ball in high school my mom got all up in the face of these jackasses we thrashed that were talking shit. I thought we were going to have to rumble to get her out of there.

That being said, mean kids in the kids own school is damn tough. Maybe they're not and I let it roll off my back, but kids now are ****ing mean. That and there seems to be a bigger disparity in "cool" stuff for the rich kids.

I don't envy kids nowadays. Hopefully things calm down before mine gets to school.

Braincase 09-19-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10927394)
LOL.

When I played MAYB ball in high school my mom got all up in the face of these jackasses we thrashed that were talking shit. I thought we were going to have to rumble to get her out of there.

That being said, mean kids in the kids own school is damn tough. Maybe they're not and I let it roll off my back, but kids now are ****ing mean. That and there seems to be a bigger disparity in "cool" stuff for the rich kids.

I don't envy kids nowadays. Hopefully things calm down before mine gets to school.

Yeah. Pretty nasty stuff happening between the high schools yesterday. Free State @ Lawrence High Tonight. Some kids drew a shaving cream cock on the 50, as well as "School of N******". Act has been denounced by both sides, and the kids have been identified.

Link, and check the comments section for a link to the photos on the LHS Student Newspaper site.

BWillie 09-19-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10927988)
Yeah. Pretty nasty stuff happening between the high schools yesterday. Free State @ Lawrence High Tonight. Some kids drew a shaving cream cock on the 50, as well as "School of N******". Act has been denounced by both sides, and the kids have been identified.

Link, and check the comments section for a link to the photos on the LHS Student Newspaper site.

I thought kids these days were all a bunch of hippies, singing kumbuyah with their arms locked together around a campfire.

Bambi 09-19-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

I graduated from LHS the final year Lawrence had a single high school. This is pretty odd and disturbing.

Buehler445 09-19-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Holy shit.

Saul Good 09-19-2014 08:31 PM

Is this Charlie's last game if they don't win tomorrow?