ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

KcMizzou 02-05-2012 04:24 PM

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2...ZHAy.St.81.jpg

Stanley Nickels 02-05-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8350835)
looks like weatherspoon, gabbert, gachkar, tim barnes, danario alexander, maclin... can't tell the two on the far right. Might be Chase Coffman in the very back

You're correct, that's Coffman. Big guy whose face is blocked is T. Rucker, and the blurred face is, I THINK, Willy Mo.

mnchiefsguy 02-05-2012 04:49 PM

Time to get this thread back on track....big game tomorrow night against Oklahoma.

Mizzou beat them pretty good in Columbia, but that seems like a century ago. OU played ku tough down there, and they beat KSU there too.

Hopefully the team will come out focused and not have a hangover after such an emotional victory.

KcMizzou 02-05-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8350973)
Time to get this thread back on track....big game tomorrow night against Oklahoma.

Mizzou beat them pretty good in Columbia, but that seems like a century ago. OU played ku tough down there, and they beat KSU there too.

Hopefully the team will come out focused and not have a hangover after such an emotional victory.

I thought Haith having them stay in a hotel last night was a smart move. Like he said, Columbia was gonna be nuts... best they stay off the street and keep focused.

From FB... Marcus Denmon : 21-2... wheels up to Norman, Oklahoma

mnchiefsguy 02-05-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8350988)
I thought Haith having them stay in a hotel last night was a smart move. Like he said, Columbia was gonna be nuts... best they stay off the street and keep focused.

From FB... Marcus Denmon : 21-2... wheels up to Norman, Oklahoma

Yeah, I think it was a smart move too. He immediately let the team know that it was all business. I think this team knows that Saturday's win won't mean much if they lay turd in Norman. Hopefully they will come out with a great effort and hit some shots early tomorrow night and not let OU in the game.

Dartgod 02-05-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8350608)
If last night is any indication, KU is going to be just fine going forward. They completely outplayed one of the best teams in the country on the road. I've never been less worried about this group.

You guys got outscored 11-2 during the last 4 minutes of each half and "they completely out played" Mizzou.

Right.

ROFL

KC_Connection 02-05-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8351002)
You guys got outscored 11-2 during the last 4 minutes of each half and "they completely out played" Mizzou.

Right.

ROFL

Based on that stat, it sounds like KU did pretty good during the rest of the game when they weren't being completely screwed over by phantom charging calls, no?

I don't think my descriptor of the game was off at all.

mnchiefsguy 02-05-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8351140)
Based on that stat, it sounds like KU did pretty good during the rest of the game when they weren't being completely screwed over by phantom charging calls, no?

You are the only one who thinks this way, that should tell you something.

Rams Fan 02-05-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8350947)

Troll face gif would be awesome there.

KC_Connection 02-05-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8351143)
You are the only one who thinks this way, that should tell you something.

I'm not. Though even if I was, the majority certainly isn't always right. In fact, quite often they're not.

mnchiefsguy 02-05-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8351163)
I'm not. Though even if I was, the majority certainly isn't always right. In fact, quite often they're not.

Here's a hint: You are wrong.

crispystl 02-05-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8350479)
Melvin Booker's kid is a sophomore phenom, and he was at the game with his old man.

@DevinBook Devin Booker
Crazy atmosphere! Best game I've ever witnessed!

He would be one hell of a pickup.

Melvin Booker was my favorite basketball player ever. Then one year at Norm Stewart camp he subbed as coach for our team. It was unreal for an 11 yr old kid.

KC_Connection 02-05-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8351172)
Here's a hint: You are wrong.

Forgive me for not taking your word for it.

crispystl 02-05-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8350960)
You're correct, that's Coffman. Big guy whose face is blocked is T. Rucker, and the blurred face is, I THINK, Willy Mo.

Yeah pretty sure the blurred face is Willy Mo.

Dartgod 02-05-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8351140)

"We completely dominated you guys, except for the part of the game when we sucked which wasn't really our fault because the refs were out to get us".

Whatever helps you sleep at night, lil buckaroo.