ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

KC_Connection 10-24-2011 05:02 PM

This show badly needs a villain or at least an anti-hero. Shane could fit the latter category.

And where the hell is Merle? Stop ignoring that plot point.

CHENZ A! 10-24-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8045192)
There was nothing wrong with the episode.

When they have a slow episode on Breaking Bad or Mad Men nobody really complains. It's only the second episode, it takes a while to build shit up.

On another note I want to talk about Shane to those who have read the comics.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Dr. Gigglepants 10-24-2011 06:29 PM

Hot Basil?

CHENZ A! 10-24-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8045963)
Hot Basil?

I don't think they're very good at all. I'm talking about Thai Homeplace, formerly Thai Place.
Spoiler!

Buck 10-24-2011 06:33 PM

I've never had Phad Thai. What should I get when I eventually do?

P.S. No seafood please.

CHENZ A! 10-24-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8045979)

P.S. No seafood please.

Phad Thai is like the most basic Thai dish. It's like their version of spahgetti or some shit. I usually get chicken and shrimp, but it's good with just chicken, pork, or beef too. Just depends what you're in the mood for. Also most Thai places will ask you how spicy you want your food. I always go "Thai Hot" i love some spicy food.

Dr. Gigglepants 10-24-2011 07:06 PM

I'm not really a Thai connoisseur at all, Hot Basil was delicious to me though. I'll check out Thai Homeplace sometime.

Spoiler!

CHENZ A! 10-24-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8046091)
I'm not really a Thai connoisseur at all, Hot Basil was delicious to me though. I'll check out Thai Homeplace sometime.

Spoiler!

I've had Hot Basil 3 times now, and it's not bad, but they do seem to have small portions, and not very flavorful or spicy in comparison to Thai (home)Place, or Lulu's for that matter.

Spoiler!

NewChief 10-24-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8045979)

P.S. No seafood please.

Dude. You've never eaten Thai? Get your ass out and get some right now. You have no clue what you're missing. Start with some pad thai. Get some spring rolls. Get some tom ka soup. Get some curry (panang, massaman, red, yellow, green). My personal staple is Pad See Ew. Seriously. There's like a whole world out there that is about to blow your mind. I've just listed some of the "basic" dishes. Watch the heat, though, if you don't like spicy food.

Bambi 10-24-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8045645)
I didn't have a problem with it. Thought it was an effective setup episode. As far as "lostifying", they had flashbacks last year, so that's nothing new.

I was speaking more about the introduction of this entire new group of characters. Seems like there will be allies, enemies...confusion on who is good, who is bad...

We'll see.

I agree that the show needs a villian. Everyone just seems like way too safe. Like some talk tough but no one would ever really pull some shit.

I need some shit pulled to get engaged with this show.

CHENZ A! 10-24-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8046304)
Dude. You've never eaten Thai? Get your ass out and get some right now. You have no clue what you're missing. Start with some pad thai. Get some spring rolls. Get some tom ka soup. Get some curry (panang, massaman, red, yellow, green). My personal staple is Pad See Ew. Seriously. There's like a whole world out there that is about to blow your mind. I've just listed some of the "basic" dishes. Watch the heat, though, if you don't like spicy food.

I love the FRESH spring rolls as opposed to the fried. Tom ka gai soup is the shit too!

Buck 10-24-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8046304)

I really like Pho and other Vietnamese food. I'm guessing Thai is more spicy?

NewChief 10-24-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8046472)
I really like Pho and other Vietnamese food. I'm guessing Thai is more spicy?

It can be spicy, but it doesn't have to be. We take our kids, and they love it fine. It's similar to Vietnamese, but distinctly different. Most Thai restaurants will rate the spiciness of the dishes and also allow you to increase heat by telling them you want it "medium, hot, or thai hot."

CHENZ A! 10-24-2011 09:08 PM

i love that Thai food uses cilantro sometimes. one of my favorite herbs.

also really like Korean food. Y'all ever go to Korean BBQ joints? They are the shit!

NJChiefsFan 10-24-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8046324)
I was speaking more about the introduction of this entire new group of characters. Seems like there will be allies, enemies...confusion on who is good, who is bad...

We'll see.

I agree that the show needs a villian. Everyone just seems like way too safe. Like some talk tough but no one would ever really pull some shit.

I need some shit pulled to get engaged with this show.

Everyone is really safe right now. There is no tension when the group is together right now.

I didn't have a problem with the episode. I trust the writers enough to give them their time to play this out, especially since the comics already give them a blue print.

I feel like they have everything set up for a good next few episodes. People should know after the first season this show isn't going to be blood and guts every 5 mintues and it shouldn't.