ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12848244)
Why would any Royals fan root for Hosmer to fail here or wherever he ends up playing?

The hate for these guys going around is pretty ****ing stupid especially what they have done for this franchise.

O.city 04-29-2017 09:44 AM

So, would the royals be interested in moving moose before the deadline? I know he'll be a free agent but he'd fit in well across the state

Prison Bitch 04-29-2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12845796)
He's right, I think.

Lidge was awful the year after the Pinole home run and fairly mortal the year after that.

He lost confidence in his slider after the HR and it was nearly three years before he recovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound like a Cardinals fan. "Our player ruined that dudes career!" When the data doesn't even support it.

KChiefs1 04-29-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12848285)
So, would the royals be interested in moving moose before the deadline? I know he'll be a free agent but he'd fit in well across the state

I'd like to resign Moose.

duncan_idaho 04-29-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12848307)
You sound like a Cardinals fan. "Our player ruined that dudes career!" When the data doesn't even support it.

PitchFX data doesn't go back that far, but I dug into some StatsPass data with colleagues at SN in early 2007 (April/May) and looked at performance against his slider, and it had gone from a knockout pitch to a severe liability. His usage has also gone way down.

He eventually recovered, but something happened between the regular season in 2005 and the start of the 2006 regular season that drastically altered its effectiveness and dipped his usage.

Maybe it was overwork in the 2005 postseason. But you could also attach some of that effect to Pujols' home run.

duncan_idaho 04-29-2017 10:03 AM

Side note: going to try to get into some prospect updates this weekend. Looks like we're going to need to focus more on that this year unless something turns drastically.

Preview: Khalil Lee and Foster Griffin are off to exciting starts. Kyle Zimmer and Bubba Starling are not.

Prison Bitch 04-29-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12848244)
Why would any Royals fan root for Hosmer to fail here or wherever he ends up playing?

Why would anyone root for him to succeed elsewhere? What is this, 5th grade soccer? If he or anyone goes elsewhere they become a competitor, no different than a lifelong Tiger or Sux player. If Hoz plays for Det he becomes no diff from Verlander

Besides, there's plenty of reasons to hope they fail after refusing to resign here. If Hoz flops on the market (and he will) after saying he was too good for KC, he can burn

mr. tegu 04-29-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12848357)
Why would anyone root for him to succeed elsewhere? What is this, 5th grade soccer? If he or anyone goes elsewhere they become a competitor, no different than a lifelong Tiger or Sux player. If Hoz plays for Det he becomes no diff from Verlander

Besides, there's plenty of reasons to hope they fail after refusing to resign here. If Hoz flops on the market (and he will) after saying he was too good for KC, he can burn

Wanting him to cripple a franchise is different than not wanting him to beat your team when we play him. That is just way over the top. When he plays us I will hope he doesn't do anything to beat us. But beyond that the effect his performance has on us will be minimal.

There are people like that not only want him to fail elsewhere, they want him to keep failing now so that he doesn't get a good deal. It's ridiculous given what he has done for this team.

Hos is not signing here because he thinks he is too good for KC. It will be because he is too expensive or because we don't want him if he's playing poorly or some combination. Your attitude would be one of someone who got dumped.

tk13 04-29-2017 12:48 PM

No shocker but tonight's game is postponed.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12848329)
I'd like to resign Moose.

Word is that Moose wants to play in SoCal, with Phoenix being his 4th choice.

Chiefspants 04-29-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12848984)
Word is that Moose wants to play in SoCal, with Phoenix being his 4th choice.

The Angels make a ton of sense from both sides.

Three7s 04-29-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12848348)
Side note: going to try to get into some prospect updates this weekend. Looks like we're going to need to focus more on that this year unless something turns drastically.

Preview: Khalil Lee and Foster Griffin are off to exciting starts. Kyle Zimmer and Bubba Starling are not.

Kyle Zimmer and Bubba Starling and the word "prospect" should not be used in the same sentence.

Great Expectations 04-29-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12848975)
No shocker but tonight's game is postponed.

I have great seats for tomorrow's game, hoping the rain stops before it starts.

Prison Bitch 04-29-2017 02:26 PM

It's really sad when I'm happy we don't have to face the Twinks

Why Not? 04-29-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12849006)
The Angels make a ton of sense from both sides.

Let's give em Moose, Cain, Hosmer and we'll even throw in Zimmer for Mike Trout.

I wish.