ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saulbadguy 02-17-2013 02:45 PM

This thread. Woof.

Spott 02-17-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 9410643)
No legitimate programs have moved conferences. Let's review the list

An invite means nothing to these conferences except tv sets and fodder for their real teams. I love the fact that people on this board actually think their school was invited to another conference because the teams already in that conference believed they had a chance to win. LMAO

Utah
Colorado
Missouri
Maryland
Syracuse
Nebraska
Houston
SMU
Texas A&M
UCF
Memphis
Tulane
ECU
Navy
Rutgers

If that isn't a list of "has-been's" and "never were's" then I'd love to see one.

This post here even proves how much of an idiot you are on this subject and pretty much every other subject else besides maybe interior decorating and fashion design. UTAH has 2 recent undefeated seasons where they won BCS Bowls. Nebraska has 3 National Titles and has been to bowl games 41 of the last 42 seasons. A&M will probably be the #2 team in the country next year behind Alabama and has 3 national titles. Even CU has one.

Prison Bitch 02-17-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 9410643)
I love the fact that people on this board actually think their school was invited to another conference because the teams already in that conference believed they had a chance to win. LMAO

Well, one Mizzou fan above said they weren't invited for football prowess so they don't all think that.

mnchiefsguy 02-17-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9410901)
Well, one Mizzou fan above said they weren't invited for football prowess so they don't all think that.

I don't recall a single Mizzou fan on this board ever claiming that Mizzou was invited based on their football prowess. Just because Mizzou fans can rightly claim that their football program is miles ahead of the abomination that KU calls football is no reason to make up lies. In fact, most, if not all, of the Tiger fans on this board viewed the SEC move as a huge challenge for the football program, and fans felt it was worth the work and struggle to make the move. Mizzou was invited to the SEC for a variety of reasons. Good programs in both football and basketball, great academics, and some excellent television markets are among a variety of reasons that Mizzou was invited.

Perhaps if you ****ing read some posts on here instead of being a ****ing stupid noob, you would know what in the hell you were posting about.

Never mind, you are just a ****ing troll, an honor's graduate from the Hypocritson school of dumbassery.

HolyHandgernade 02-17-2013 06:21 PM

I'm not going to go back and look for quotes, but I recall more than a few Mizzou fans who thought the East Division "could be had".

HolyHandgernade 02-17-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9410578)
Heh just think Nebraska's worst decade of football has been better than anything KU has ever done.

BTW they've finished ranked in the top 25 the last 4 years and have produced top 25 recruiting classes.

I see someone is still salty they didn't get invited to another conference ROFL

Well, if you're going to just compare football programs, I guess so. But, that wasn't really what I was getting at. Nebraska used to be to football what KU is to basketball, and while NU seems to have lost its stamina with the sport it is most associated with, KU has not.

Just saying I would rather have at least one of the major sports where I get to compete and win at the highest levels as opposed good but pedestrian teams at the one I'm supposed to dominate in while the other one still blows major donkey dicks.

But, that's just me.

And remember, you're the one that decided it was time to stick his thumb in this again. Maybe you should wait until the sport you're supposedly known for does something more than remind you of a by gone time.

mnchiefsguy 02-17-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9411094)
I'm not going to go back and look for quotes, but I recall more than a few Mizzou fans who thought the East Division "could be had".

So? Whether the East was weak this past season or not has no bearing on the reasons why Mizzou was invited to SEC. Those are two separate discussions.

Saul Good 02-17-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9411104)
Well, if you're going to just compare football programs, I guess so. But, that wasn't really what I was getting at. Nebraska used to be to football what KU is to basketball, and while NU seems to have lost its stamina with the sport it is most associated with, KU has not.

Just saying I would rather have at least one of the major sports where I get to compete and win at the highest levels as opposed good but pedestrian teams at the one I'm supposed to dominate in while the other one still blows major donkey dicks.

But, that's just me.

And remember, you're the one that decided it was time to stick his thumb in this again. Maybe you should wait until the sport you're supposedly known for does something more than remind you of a by gone time.

Nebraska was to football what KU was is basketball if KU won titles more than once a generation.

Mr. Plow 02-17-2013 07:39 PM

So now it's come to a single Nebraska fan defending Missouri & a few Missouri fans defending Nebraska.

Well done everyone!

:clap:

Bambi 02-17-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9411150)
Nebraska was to football what KU was is basketball if KU won titles more than once a generation.

This post makes my head hurt.

Prison Bitch 02-17-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9411083)
I don't recall a single Mizzou fan on this board ever claiming that Mizzou was invited based on their football prowess. Just because Mizzou fans can rightly claim that their football program is miles ahead of the abomination that KU calls football is no reason to make up lies.

But Mizzou isn't "light years ahead" of KU in football. You won 1/2 your games against us over 100 years, and accomplished nothing in your history that we didn't also accomplish. (Outside a few more trips to Shreveport LA). Congrats on going 5-4 against us in your last 9, and 10-11 vs us since 1990. Epic domination!

Quote:

Good programs in both football and basketball, great academics, and some excellent television markets are among a variety of reasons that Mizzou was invited.

I don't think you'd find even one SEC fan who'd call you a "good program" in football right now. As for academics, you're the same caliber school KU and Iowa State are. Academics mean nothing in this.

HolyHandgernade 02-17-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9411113)
So? Whether the East was weak this past season or not has no bearing on the reasons why Mizzou was invited to SEC. Those are two separate discussions.

True, Mizzou was invited to even out the division and add TV sets.

HolyHandgernade 02-17-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Obviously, you mean, National Titles?

HolyHandgernade 02-17-2013 08:06 PM

I remember when the joke was:

"Do you know why Tom Osborne doesn't eat cereal?"

"He keeps losing the bowls".

Chiefs Pantalones 02-17-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Jealousy and envy make people stupid LMAO