ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 9221873)
What had Hunter done to make his stock fall so far? Thought he was a top 15 pick..I would love to take him if he's there in the second. Unreal potential

i don't know, it was the first list that popped up

partly, it is just a very good crop of WRs

keg in kc 12-18-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrow (Post 9221771)
The team should trade back. Geno Smith has potential but is risky. The Chiefs don't need another wasted first-round QB (Blackledge was kind of a disaster and that's the last time the team used a first-round pick). Walterfootball disagrees with me. But this reminds me of 1983 in that great QBs got taken and then the Chiefs feel they need to take one.

So we don't draft a QB because of a mistake 30 years ago.

Yeah. Makes total sense.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9221891)
No my argument is other than Warren Moon there's really no one else. Cunningham, Mcnabb and whoever else you want to pull out your ass just didn't cut it.

Cunningham and McNabb cut it.

Unless you think Troy Aikman and Jim Kelly didn't cut it.

Because they compare to those players.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221799)
Here is what will happen.

The Chiefs will pass on Geno and draft some slapdick and Geno will go become a ****ing all pro and win a SB or two, and we will have these same assholes on here saying, "Geez, we should have taken a chance on that guy".

The same shit that happened with Rodgers, Marino, you name it.

Not this time, pal.

The cycle has to end and some point.

Remember, the Arizona Cardinals went to a ****ing Super Bowl.

Anything can happen.

O.city 12-18-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9221906)
Not this time, pal.

The cycle has to end and some point.

Remember, the Arizona Cardinals went to a ****ing Super Bowl.

Anything can happen.

I hope so, but I am actually starting to think it won't.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 03:55 PM

If Geno Smith is bad, he won't be Gabbert bad (he's never shown any signs of being skittish).

Honestly, he'd be Brandon Weeden bad. Weeden is just an absolute shit decisionmaker. If there's a bad decision to be made, by God he's going to make it.

There are different forms of bad. Gabberts happy feet, Ponder's shit arm, Sanchez being firmly buried into his own head, Cassel's inability to ever do anything well, ever. Weeden has a ton of tools, he just hasn't seen a bad decision yet that he didn't love.

Geno hasn't really had to make a lot of reads or snap decisions over the last couple of years. Ultimately, it may take him some time to figure out how to do that. I certainly think he will and be a great NFL quarterback.

But if he isn't great, it will be his decisionmaking that is his undoing. It won't be courage or a weak arm or bad mechanics or poor accuracy. He has those things covered. But if he can't transition away from the spread, he may end up the turnover machine that Cleveland has.

That's the only flag for Geno and honestly, it doesn't concern me a bit, in part because of his interviews and in part because of his success under White prior to Holgerson.

Every other 'wart' is just trolls looking to rile everyone up. He has every other thing you could ask for in a QB.

O.city 12-18-2012 03:58 PM

And Weeden is a ****ing rookie. Granted, he's a 30 year old rookie, but still.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221955)
And Weeden is a ****ing rookie. Granted, he's a 30 year old rookie, but still.

Even for a rook, Weeden is an appallingly bad decisionmaker.

Most rookies have some struggles in that department, but Weeden's ability to find the absolute wrong thing to do is uncanny.

If he's 22, I wonder if he can get over it and become a viable NFL starter. When he's 30, I pull the plug and move on.

The Browns should take Tyler Wilson if he falls to them. That team has lost a ton of close games this year and is a little closer than they look.

Sorter 12-18-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9221973)
Even for a rook, Weeden is an appallingly bad decisionmaker.

Most rookies have some struggles in that department, but Weeden's ability to find the absolute wrong thing to do is uncanny.

If he's 22, I wonder if he can get over it and become a viable NFL starter. When he's 30, I pull the plug and move on.

The Browns should take Tyler Wilson if he falls to them. That team has lost a ton of close games this year and is a little closer than they look.

Agree completely.

O.city 12-18-2012 04:05 PM

I was just stating that like you said if he's 24, you probably give him time and try and coach him up. At 30, **** that.

But shit, atleast they gave it a shot. It failed, they are in a spot to do it again.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 04:06 PM

Such fail pissing away a 1st on a 30 year old

Chiefs Pantalones 12-18-2012 04:07 PM

It's kinda awesome sitting here thinking that we're so close to drafting a QB. One that we can call our own and develop. This should be a fun offseason.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9221990)
Such fail pissing away a 1st on a 30 year old

I love Richardson, I really do.

But refusing to surrender the 2 firsts they had to move up for RGIII was an immediate firing offense.

Think the Skins would give up RGIII for Richardson and Weeden? Uh, no. No they would not.

O.city 12-18-2012 04:14 PM

Even if Richardson becomes AD, which he isn't, he wouldn't be worth that pick when talking about the fact they had the ammo to get RGIII.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 04:16 PM

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Are you ready for BLACK DAWN.