ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

Nightfyre 07-26-2012 11:08 AM

Hmmm... :hmmm:

Quote:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/81...s-dodgers-more

The moving vans have already carted away Anibal Sanchez, Omar Infante and the deposed face of the franchise, Hanley. So the big question around the Fish Tank is: Is Josh Johnson next?

Well, there's no question the Marlins are going to do a lot of listening -- on Johnson and the rest of this underachieving roster -- in the next six days. But here's our guess on what team Josh Johnson will be pitching for a week from now:

The Miami Marlins.

An official of one club that spoke with the Marlins' brass told the Daily Rumble on Wednesday that he would estimate the odds Johnson stays in Miami at "95 percent."

This, that official said, is not Wayne Huizenga's Marlins. And what's transpiring now is not a fire sale. It's a statement, mostly, that the Marlins of Hanley Ramirez and his friends had proven they couldn't win and wouldn't win. So they're looking for a whole new recipe. But they'll move Johnson only for a monster return.
An executive of another club reports the Marlins say they will trade Johnson only for a package centered around a young, star-caliber player who isn't arbitration-eligible. So who's that? Mike Trout? Stephen Strasburg? Chris Sale?

The list of clubs that are likely to make a run at this guy -- or already have -- includes the Red Sox, Angels, Rangers, White Sox, Blue Jays and Royals. But the message they're hearing back from the Marlins is that Johnson is the toughest player on their roster to trade, with the possible exception of Giancarlo Stanton.

So while the Fish might not be done, and players like Ricky Nolasco, Heath Bell, Gaby Sanchez and Carlos Lee are being made eminently available, The Ace is in a whole different category.

Which probably means, the way this week is trending, that he'll get traded before lunch. Right?

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-26-2012 11:15 AM

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick

Jonathan Broxton remains the most likely KC player to be traded by July 31 deadline. The odds are about 60-40 he goes. #royals

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-26-2012 11:22 AM

"He looked like he had it figured out last year,'' a scout said of Francoeur. "He hasn't been the same guy.'' #royals
Expand

Jeff Francoeur's trade value is negligible because of his bad season. He's hitting .242 with 9 HRs and a .654 OPS. #royals

jbwm89 07-26-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8769162)

"He looked like he had it figured out last year,'' a scout said of Francoeur. "He hasn't been the same guy.'' #royals
Expand

Jeff Francoeur's trade value is negligible because of his bad season. He's hitting .242 with 9 HRs and a .654 OPS. #royals

Frenchy is probably sucking on purpose because he doesn't want anyone to trade for him and he knows DM loves him so much he will never cut him.

gblowfish 07-26-2012 11:30 AM

"Frenchy's not going anywhere until all the Frenchy Quarter T-Shirts and MardiGras beads are used up." -Sincerely, Dan Glass

Pasta Little Brioni 07-26-2012 12:31 PM

Yeah, you'd have to throw in a prospect to get that turd's salary off the books. Can't wait for the Frenchy Quarter promotion next year with his likeness on the coin!!!

ShowtimeSBMVP 07-26-2012 12:40 PM

Josh Johnson Rumors: Thursday
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 26 at 1:36pm CST]

Baseball executives seem divided on the Marlins' plans for Josh Johnson, but it's clear the right-hander is drawing considerable interest as the trade deadline approaches. One official told Jayson Stark there's a 95% chance the 28-year-old stays put. But other executives told Joel Sherman they'd be shocked if the Marlins don't trade him. The Rangers, Angels, Orioles and Blue Jays appear to have interest in Johnson, who earns $13.75MM per season through 2013. Here’s the latest on Johnson, with the most recent rumors up top:

The Marlins are seekig a Mark Teixeira-like package for Johnson, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. Miami seeks at least three good young pieces for Johnson, Heyman writes. The Rangers, of course, obtained Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz, Matt Harrison and Jarrod Saltalamacchia when they traded Teixeira five years ago.

mr. tegu 07-26-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8769450)
The Marlins are seekig a Mark Teixeira-like package for Johnson, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. Miami seeks at least three good young pieces for Johnson, Heyman writes. The Rangers, of course, obtained Elvis Andrus, Neftali Feliz, Matt Harrison and Jarrod Saltalamacchia when they traded Teixeira five years ago.

Colon and Cuthbert could make a solid starting point for a trade with the Royals.

Nightfyre 07-26-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8769488)
Colon and Cuthbert could make a solid starting point for a trade with the Royals.

Colon is starting to turn things around. I wonder if clint robinson/gio/adams package couldn't get it done.

Great Expectations 07-26-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8769504)
Colon is starting to turn things around. I wonder if clint robinson/gio/adams package couldn't get it done.

Colon is turning it around against low level A ball type competition.

Ebolapox 07-26-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 8769520)
Colon is turning it around against low level A ball type competition.

colon is in AA, isn't he?

Great Expectations 07-26-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 8769600)
colon is in AA, isn't he?

I think he was rehabbing in AZ and playing very well there. I see he was used as a PH last nigh in AA.

He is hitting .290 with a .780 OPS. It is definitely a hitters league and he is 23 years old.

jbwm89 07-26-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8769504)

I could be way off here but I don't think that would be remotely close. A tex type package would be more like Myers, Montgomery, Adams, Gio.

mr. tegu 07-26-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbwm89 (Post 8769663)
I could be way off here but I don't think that would be remotely close. A tex type package would be more like Myers, Montgomery, Adams, Gio.

Substitute Cuthbert for Myers and you have a deal.

jbwm89 07-26-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8769666)
Substitute Cuthbert for Myers and you have a deal.

Hell I'd trade just about any 4 prospects besides Myers for him. I just think the haul is going to be greater than what we are willing to give.