ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

threebag 07-23-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 16379342)
Alex could have been replaced with any other mediocre QB and the results are the same.

LMAO

dlphg9 07-23-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 16379348)
LMAO

You're a tier 1 Alexsexual, so I'm completely shocked by this comment.

bringbackmarty 07-24-2022 01:08 AM

I don't know what's going on in here.,. but break it up you guys.Just go back to class.

Ming the Merciless 07-24-2022 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16379315)
What the **** are we supposed to say about Alex Smith that hasn't been said a million times before by just about ****ing everybody?

If you really loved those Alex debate years and wish you could re-live them again, sure, I guess go ahead and have this conversation. Get out your dobbers and play Alex Smith cliche talking points bingo with the old ladies.

"I've got 'Class act!', 'He is what he is', 'Won't lose you the game,' 'We were a 2-14 team' and 'He's a great guy! That being said...'"

"That's a good bingo! Onto postage stamp!"

you forgot:

Alex has a hot wife and I imagine him dripping with sweat

Alex has made more money than you EVER will!

suzzer99 07-24-2022 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16379283)
He was the biggest tease we ever had.

Good enough to be a consistent regular season winner but could never get us over the hump.

He made me believe it could happen but it never did.

He kept taking us to the goal line but we never crossed.

This describes like QBs 6-15 in the NFL every year.

It's incredibly hard to land a top 5 QB. Sometimes you just have to go with the #12 guy and hope for the best.

PAChiefsGuy 07-24-2022 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 16379372)
This describes like QBs 6-15 in the NFL every year.

It's incredibly hard to land a top 5 QB. Sometimes you just have to go with the #12 guy and hope for the best.

Exactly.

There's a reason top QBs, are the top QBs. They don't grow on trees. You can't expect Chiefs to have an elite QB every single year.

Red Dawg 07-24-2022 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16379313)
Finally some fresh offseason discussion...

Lol. Nailed it.

loochy 07-24-2022 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16379331)
Alex Smith was a dry hand job

Then I guess I gave myself an Alex Smith last night in a Dollar Tree bathroom after I saw the hot ass cashier.

Wallcrawler 07-24-2022 06:42 AM

Alex was too smart for his own good.

I've often imagined Smith's dropbacks where he literally can see all of the "Stat That" numbers floating over everyone's heads.

Where you see guys make incredible plays that had like a 2% chance of getting made, but they got made because the qb took the shot.

Alex never took those shots, because he literally knew the numbers. He always checked it down and took the high percentage plays.

I think if the guy just let go of that shit and played to win instead of playing not to mess up, he could have been really good.

Checkdown or sack was never going to win anything.

jd1020 07-24-2022 07:00 AM

The Chiefs passing offense probably averaged a rank of 22nd or some shit over Alex Smith's tenure and we're suppose to act like he was the savior that came in and Peyton Manning'd the entire offense simply because he was risk averse and didn't throw a lot of interceptions...

https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/go-away.gif

Pablo 07-24-2022 07:18 AM

I'm very happy I don't have to watch him QB my team anymore. That's about the nicest thing I can say.

And when he left so did the nuthugging alex queers. God those guys were the worst.

Sassy Squatch 07-24-2022 07:42 AM

1-4 in the playoffs. And that lone win was against the Hoyer led Texans. Alex from all accounts seems like a great human being, but he's mediocrity incarnated as a QB.

BigRedChief 07-24-2022 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16379425)
1-4 in the playoffs. And that lone win was against the Hoyer led Texans. Alex from all accounts seems like a great human being, but he's mediocrity incarnated as a QB.

There is no reason for some to hate on Smith. He was what he was. He put in the effort. Tried his best with what natural talent he had.

It's on management to know he didn't have that next gear to get us into the SB.

MarkDavis'Haircut 07-24-2022 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16379400)
Alex was too smart for his own good.

I've often imagined Smith's dropbacks where he literally can see all of the "Stat That" numbers floating over everyone's heads.

Where you see guys make incredible plays that had like a 2% chance of getting made, but they got made because the qb took the shot.

Alex never took those shots, because he literally knew the numbers. He always checked it down and took the high percentage plays.

I think if the guy just let go of that shit and played to win instead of playing not to mess up, he could have been really good.

Checkdown or sack was never going to win anything.

In general, you are correct.

However, he did lead the NFL in deep passing in 2017. Must have been eating his Wheaties.

TripleThreat 07-24-2022 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 16379390)
Then I guess I gave myself an Alex Smith last night in a Dollar Tree bathroom after I saw the hot ass cashier.

Do people actually do this after seeing some attractive woman? I would need context with it for my dry Alex smith to work