ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Molitoth 09-29-2012 02:16 PM

45/51
656 yards
12.9 ave
8 TD
0 INT

JFC!

saphojunkie 09-29-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8959134)
Jaguar?

Honestly, I think any team that took a QB in the first round less than three years prior is out.

Cleveland - Weeden, 1st season
Minnesota - Ponder, 2nd season
Jacksonville - Gabbert, 2nd season
Carolina - Newton, 2nd season
Indianapolis - Luck, 1st season
Washington - Griffin, 1st season
Tennessee - Locker, 2nd season
Miami - Tannehill, 1st season

Those teams could all be in the top ten in drafting and none will give up on their QBs yet. I just don't believe that you go from drafting a guy in the first to moving on before his third year. I don't think it's EVER happened.

Here are the teams that might be in the market for a QB:

Arizona
Buffalo
KC
Jets
Oakland

I could also see the Bears giving up on Cutler. But they've kept Lovie around, so that team's a ****ing enigma to me.

I think this draft is going to be about the pass rushers. If a QB goes first overall, it's going to be on a trade up.

RealSNR 09-29-2012 02:21 PM

Let's say we put in the Redskins' draft, which should be the MINIMUM bid for a team that wants Geno Smith.

Swap our 2013 1st rounder with the higher pick to take Geno Smith

We then trade away our 2013 2nd, and our first rounders in 2014 and 2015.

Let's also say we let Dorsey and Bowe walk, but re-sign Albert.

We still would have a full allotment of draft picks every year from the 3rd-7th (including what should be a VERY nice compensatory pick for letting go of Brandon Carr in 2013)

What do we really need to replace? What are we losing out on? A stellar ILB to pair with DJ? A better safety next to Berry? ANOTHER ****ing first round 5-technique to replace Dorsey?

We have all our draft picks in the 3rd-7th rounds to waste on all the shitty nickel corners and slot WRs we can dream of.

Also consider that Poe should be playing Ngata's position at DE. Poe-Powe-Jackson. We really aren't missing out on Dorsey being gone AT ALL.

In summary, TRADE EVERYTHING YOU ****ING GOT, INCLUDING PIOLI'S WHORE SPAWN OF PARCELLS WIFE

suzzer99 09-29-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8959133)
My apologies, then. It really seemed like you were saying there was more risk drafting a black QB.

We're just going to have to find a way to let Clark know that he's the only thing this fan base will accept as trying to win.

I think what I was trying to say, which I obviously didn't phrase very well, is that there's more risk in terms of the media circus if Smith turns out to be a bust, and it's perceived that we reached or traded too much. I wasnt talking about his actual chances of success.

Clark seems like the kind of guy to me that fears the media circus and wants to take the safe route.

RealSNR 09-29-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8959153)
I could also see the Bears giving up on Cutler. But they've kept Lovie around, so that team's a ****ing enigma to me.

I think this draft is going to be about the pass rushers. If a QB goes first overall, it's going to be on a trade up.

No way the Bears draft higher than us this year.

The Franchise 09-29-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8959166)
Let's say we put in the Redskins' draft, which should be the MINIMUM bid for a team that wants Geno Smith.

Swap our 2013 1st rounder with the higher pick to take Geno Smith

We then trade away our 2013 2nd, and our first rounders in 2014 and 2015.

Let's also say we let Dorsey and Bowe walk, but re-sign Albert.

We still would have a full allotment of draft picks every year from the 3rd-7th (including what should be a VERY nice compensatory pick for letting go of Brandon Carr in 2013)

What do we really need to replace? What are we losing out on? A stellar ILB to pair with DJ? A better safety next to Berry? ANOTHER ****ing first round 5-technique to replace Dorsey?

We have all our draft picks in the 3rd-7th rounds to waste on all the shitty nickel corners and slot WRs we can dream of.

Also consider that Poe should be playing Ngata's position at DE. Poe-Powe-Jackson. We really aren't missing out on Dorsey being gone AT ALL.

In summary, TRADE EVERYTHING YOU ****ING GOT, INCLUDING PIOLI'S WHORE SPAWN OF PARCELLS WIFE

This. Plus, you factor in that the cost of Smith's contract isn't going to be huge at all.....that gives you the money to go out and fill some wholes in FA.

DeezNutz 09-29-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8959166)

Where are all of the posters who mocked this trade, claiming that the Redskins were dumb as ****?

MIAdragon 09-29-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8959170)
No way the Bears draft higher than us this year.

That's what trading up is for.

RealSNR 09-29-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8959186)
Where are all of the posters who mocked this trade, claiming that the Redskins were dumb as ****?

Are you nuts? Have you SEEN our defense this year?! /true fans

MIAdragon 09-29-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Honestly, I think any team that took a QB in the first round less than three years prior is out.

Those teams could all be in the top ten in drafting and none will give up on their QBs yet. I just don't believe that you go from drafting a guy in the first to moving on before his third year. I don't think it's EVER happened.

Arizona
Buffalo
KC
Jets
Oakland

I can see the top 3 looking for a QB depending on how the year plays out.

Thig Lyfe 09-29-2012 02:40 PM

I'd sell my soul to draft Geno Smith.

MIAdragon 09-29-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8959210)

peyton manning

BoneKrusher 09-29-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 8959210)

me too.
hopefully Pioli will consider it as well.

Titty Meat 09-29-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Arizona
Buffalo
KC
Jets
Oakland

The Browns aren't out Holmgren very well could be done in Cleveland.

Thig Lyfe 09-29-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8959069)
Shawn Zobel ‏@ShawnZobel_DHQ

My opinion on Geno Smith: he's running a system that is not predicated on making NFL reads and progressions. He plays out of the pistol.

You know who else played out of the pistol?

Tyler ****ing Thigpen.

If it was good enough for the greatest QB in Chiefs history, it's good enough for Geno.