ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Black Ops 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259129)

Mr. Plow 11-12-2012 12:45 PM

Meh, guess I'll be skipping the Nuketown Zombie map. No way am I dropping $60 for the game, then an additional $50 for maps right off the bat. MW3 has taught me that lesson - luckily I didn't pre-purchase those maps. Bought the first 2 DLC's, but most of them are shit.

I'm really hoping that BO2 isn't like MW3 where it is strictly a run & gun game.

Quesadilla Joe 11-12-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9109103)
Meh, guess I'll be skipping the Nuketown Zombie map. No way am I dropping $60 for the game, then an additional $50 for maps right off the bat. MW3 has taught me that lesson - luckily I didn't pre-purchase those maps. Bought the first 2 DLC's, but most of them are shit.

I'm really hoping that BO2 isn't like MW3 where it is strictly a run & gun game.

Season Pass isn't required to get the DLC, you can still buy the DLC as it comes out.

This most likely will be a run and gun game though. You can still camp, but you won't be able to hide from the radar by staying in the same place all game.

Mr. Plow 11-12-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9109120)
Season Pass isn't required to get the DLC, you can still buy the DLC as it comes out.

This most likely will be a run and gun game though. You can still camp, but you won't be able to hide from the radar by staying in the same place all game.

I'm not talking about camping, talking more about sniping. Sniping in MW3 was non-existant. They had 1, maybe 2 maps that you could legitimately snipe on. Which, now that I think about it, is probably going to be dead anyway with the change to "ghost" or whatever it's called in this one. If you show up on the radar as a sniper, what's the point of sniping?

Don't get me wrong, the "you have to be moving to not show up on the map" is cool and should prevent a lot of camping, but it's going to suck for snipers.

Quesadilla Joe 11-12-2012 01:12 PM

Yeah I kinda feel bad that Ghost works that way for the guys who play HC. Although I think that they had to do something about Ghost in Core.

Treyarch has always had better map design than Infinity Ward, there were sniping spots with good lines of sight on a lot of maps in the first Black Ops.

Mr. Plow 11-12-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9109177)
Yeah I kinda feel bad that Ghost works that way for the guys who play HC. Although I think that they had to do something about Ghost in Core.

Treyarch has always had better map design than Infinity Ward, there were sniping spots with good lines of sight on a lot of maps in the first Black Ops.

Yeah, so I'm holding out some hope on it - but with Ghost working that way, not sure that it's going to make much of a difference. Who knows....guess we'll find out tomorrow.

One issue for it in MW3 is that there is an endless # of ways to get into rooms, or areas, if you are sniping. Door, stairs, climbing a wall, etc. You are never fully protected as a sniper. I guess I just miss the good ole days of MW.

Quesadilla Joe 11-12-2012 03:18 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2e9lQDspCLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe 11-12-2012 03:20 PM

Wow, you can join session in zombies now! Can't tell you how many times someone would time out and then we would have to end the game to pick him back up. Pretty cool, I wonder if there is host migration now in zombies....

Dayze 11-12-2012 03:24 PM

I finally opened MW 3 from last years' X-mas. I can't beleive I used to play Campaigns in these games. Boring, and so repetitive. I'll probably hop online tonight; or figure out a way to play against bots toinight.

The only thing that I didn’t care for all that much in the MW/COD/BOs games etc were the perks and kill streaks.
I mean, I can understand it I suppose, but I’d rather have classes/roles / weapon slots etc like in BF3.
I REALLY liked that concept.

I think I have Black Ops 2 and NBA 2k13 on my radar for my 'winter' games.

Quesadilla Joe 11-12-2012 03:28 PM

Machinima is going to stream Black Ops 2 multiplayer, live, 24 hours a day, for the next few weeks. It starts in about 30 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/machinimalive

Valiant 11-12-2012 03:41 PM

Yeah, there really needs to be a perk plus gun attachment that let's true snipers, snipe. Mybe slows movement by 5%, disables auto aim for quick sniping and reverts ghost to old ghost when silenced sniper is being used.

Quesadilla Joe 11-12-2012 03:46 PM

Here is the live stream. They are playing Black Ops 1 right now but will switch to Black Ops 2 in 15 minutes.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ju4S1F1itMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe 11-12-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9109595)
I finally opened MW 3 from last years' X-mas. I can't beleive I used to play Campaigns in these games. Boring, and so repetitive. I'll probably hop online tonight; or figure out a way to play against bots toinight.

The only thing that I didn’t care for all that much in the MW/COD/BOs games etc were the perks and kill streaks.
I mean, I can understand it I suppose, but I’d rather have classes/roles / weapon slots etc like in BF3.
I REALLY liked that concept.

I think I have Black Ops 2 and NBA 2k13 on my radar for my 'winter' games.

COD is more of a lone wolf type game. I wanted to like BF3 but it was just too slow paced for me.

Dayze 11-12-2012 03:49 PM

so it's been forever since I've played these; but do people play as a team on lke capture the flag (or whatever it's called) etc/ or is strictly everyman for himself regardless of game mode?

Mr. Plow 11-12-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9109675)
so it's been forever since I've played these; but do people play as a team on lke capture the flag (or whatever it's called) etc/ or is strictly everyman for himself regardless of game mode?

Pretty much every man for himself regardless of game mode.

Quesadilla Joe 11-12-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9109675)

You can find people who play like a team, but if you are expecting to join a random lobby with everyone cooperating you will be sorely disappointed.

You can go to www.hupitgaming.com to find people to play with who are really into teamwork.

I don't really like playing with a full team though, it is just too easy. Everybody just winds up fighting for kills if you play in a full party.