ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ***Official 2023-2024 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348325)

Mizzou_8541 04-19-2024 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17486982)
Nah, I just don’t think he’ll be high in the rotation. He’s not as ready. More like Jordan Butler, I think.

Roger that. Nice that we have a proven 20 PPG scorer coming off the bench.

Plus, while I’ve never really been a huge fan of Caleb Grill, he’s back. We were pretty good with him, and like 0-20 without him. Or something close to that.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2024 06:47 PM

Would have been nice to get Mitchell a little sooner, (their tourney run delayed that) just so we could finally be out of the Porter business altogether. I'm convinced that's the only reason Pingeton got another year.

ChiefsCountry 04-19-2024 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 17487158)
I'm convinced that's the only reason Pingeton got another year.

Not having an AD is that reason.

duncan_idaho 04-19-2024 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17487172)
Not having an AD is that reason.

That and it not being worthwhile it to buy a women’s basketball coach early unless there’s a scandal issue.

Mizzou_8541 04-19-2024 08:11 PM

Quote:

Would have been nice to get Mitchell a little sooner, (their tourney run delayed that) just so we could finally be out of the Porter business altogether. I'm convinced that's the only reason Pingeton got another year.

Porter is still in play in pretty sure.

dlphg9 04-19-2024 08:14 PM

Quote:

Jevon missed 10 games because of injury last year. So he's starting to catch the ole Porter injury bug from being raised by weirdos and getting no protein as they grow.

I want absolutely nothing to do with that family anymore. They are ****ing insane and the way his parents did Mizzou during Michael's injury really rubbed me the wrong way.

dlphg9 04-19-2024 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17487297)

I've read a few things saying that he's not, because of Mitchell.

dlphg9 04-19-2024 08:16 PM

I haven't seen it mentioned in here, but shout out to Jontay and his history setting career in the NBA!

ChiefsCountry 04-19-2024 08:54 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a> freshman center Jordan Buter has entered the transfer portal according to sources</p>&mdash; Power Mizzou (@PowerMizzoucom) <a href="https://twitter.com/PowerMizzoucom/status/1781506115026469265?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 20, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mizzou_8541 04-19-2024 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17487345)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Mizzou</a> freshman center Jordan Buter has entered the transfer portal according to sources</p>&mdash; Power Mizzou (@PowerMizzoucom) <a href="https://twitter.com/PowerMizzoucom/status/1781506115026469265?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 20, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Who?

duncan_idaho 04-20-2024 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17487297)

He’s not. He’s following Romar to Loyola.

Between Jontay getting banned for life for being an idiot and Coban going to jail for six years for being a drunken idiot and killing someone with his car, he’s going somewhere with less spotlight where he isn’t as well known.

Their mom ****ed those kids up pretty. Bunch of naive kids who don’t know how to function as adults.

dlphg9 04-20-2024 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17487451)
He’s not. He’s following Romar to Loyola.

Between Jontay getting banned for life for being an idiot and Coban going to jail for six years for being a drunken idiot and killing someone with his car, he’s going somewhere with less spotlight where he isn’t as well known.

Their mom ****ed those kids up pretty. Bunch of naive kids who don’t know how to function as adults.

She sounds like a pretty vile person to be honest.

duncan_idaho 04-20-2024 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17487464)
She sounds like a pretty vile person to be honest.

Like a lot of home school mothers, mine included, she’s a control freak who suffers from Dunning Krueger to a dangerous degree.

She raised a bunch of sheltered, naive, undereducated weirdos.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-20-2024 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17487530)
Like a lot of home school mothers, mine included, she’s a control freak who suffers from Dunning Krueger to a dangerous degree.

She raised a bunch of sheltered, naive, undereducated weirdos.

Oh, don't worry, Father Tolton straightened them out...

BWillie 04-20-2024 10:29 AM

Congrats Tigers. Mitchell and Perkins will make you much improved.

jjchieffan 04-25-2024 03:17 PM

I found this story on mutigers.com. The thing that caught my attention was the last paragraph. MU men's basketball currently holds the number 6 transfer class ong with the number 4 recruiting class in the nation. That's some great work by Gates and company. I'm excited for next season. It should be a complete turn around from the disaster that was this season.

University of Missouri men's basketball signed the top scorer in the nation entering next season, adding four-time All-Horizon League standout Marques Warrick to the Tigers roster on Wednesday.

A prolific scorer during his career, Warrick amassed 2,246 points during his four seasons at Northern Kentucky and will enter the 2024-25 campaign with the highest tally among active Division I players. He is the school's all-time leading scorer, while placing seventh in Horizon League history. Ranked as high as the nation's No. 20 transfer by Rivals, he also led the Norse to 81 wins during his standout career, including the 2023 Horizon League Tournament and a bid to the NCAA Tournament.

"Marques is a high-scoring combo guard who has produced every year of his college career," said Whitten Family Men's Basketball Head Coach Dennis Gates. "We saw firsthand how talented he was during our time in the Horizon League and know how difficult he is to prepare for. Marques is great at creating his own shot and his ability to score translates at every level. He is a great compliment to Tony Perkins and the combination of that backcourt puts us among the top of the SEC."

Warrick finished the 2023-24 campaign ranked 36th nationally with 19.9 points per game, earning first-team all-conference and second-team NABC All-District accolades. His 2022-23 total of 659 points ranks second in school history, while his 657-point tally in 2023-24 places third. Overall, he is one of just 10 players nationally to score at least 600 points in each of the last two campaigns.

A native of Lexington, Kentucky, Warrick was especially strong during NKU's run to the Horizon League Championship in 2023. He tallied 20.7 points in the three victories to go with 2.7 rebounds and 1.3 steals.

Overall, Warrick finished the 2023-24 season ranked fifth among active players with 18.0 points per game and 10th with his 2,246 total. He also adds 2.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.1 steals per game, while shooting 34.7 percent from beyond the 3-point arc with 283 career triples made. The 2021 Horizon League Freshman of the Year and 2024 Horizon League Sportsmanship Award recipient, Warrick was twice named to the Lou Henson Award Watch List, presented to the nation's top mid-major player.

Warrick is the Tigers' third signee during the spring transfer window, joining a top-20 3-point shooter nationally in Jacob Crews in addition to two-time All-Big Ten honoree Tony Perkins. The trio, which ranks as the No. 6 transfer class in the nation, joins the country's No. 4 freshman class that signed in November.

dlphg9 04-25-2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 17494146)
I found this story on mutigers.com. The thing that caught my attention was the last paragraph. MU men's basketball currently holds the number 6 transfer class ong with the number 4 recruiting class in the nation. That's some great work by Gates and company. I'm excited for next season. It should be a complete turn around from the disaster that was this season.

University of Missouri men's basketball signed the top scorer in the nation entering next season, adding four-time All-Horizon League standout Marques Warrick to the Tigers roster on Wednesday.

A prolific scorer during his career, Warrick amassed 2,246 points during his four seasons at Northern Kentucky and will enter the 2024-25 campaign with the highest tally among active Division I players. He is the school's all-time leading scorer, while placing seventh in Horizon League history. Ranked as high as the nation's No. 20 transfer by Rivals, he also led the Norse to 81 wins during his standout career, including the 2023 Horizon League Tournament and a bid to the NCAA Tournament.

"Marques is a high-scoring combo guard who has produced every year of his college career," said Whitten Family Men's Basketball Head Coach Dennis Gates. "We saw firsthand how talented he was during our time in the Horizon League and know how difficult he is to prepare for. Marques is great at creating his own shot and his ability to score translates at every level. He is a great compliment to Tony Perkins and the combination of that backcourt puts us among the top of the SEC."

Warrick finished the 2023-24 campaign ranked 36th nationally with 19.9 points per game, earning first-team all-conference and second-team NABC All-District accolades. His 2022-23 total of 659 points ranks second in school history, while his 657-point tally in 2023-24 places third. Overall, he is one of just 10 players nationally to score at least 600 points in each of the last two campaigns.

A native of Lexington, Kentucky, Warrick was especially strong during NKU's run to the Horizon League Championship in 2023. He tallied 20.7 points in the three victories to go with 2.7 rebounds and 1.3 steals.

Overall, Warrick finished the 2023-24 season ranked fifth among active players with 18.0 points per game and 10th with his 2,246 total. He also adds 2.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.1 steals per game, while shooting 34.7 percent from beyond the 3-point arc with 283 career triples made. The 2021 Horizon League Freshman of the Year and 2024 Horizon League Sportsmanship Award recipient, Warrick was twice named to the Lou Henson Award Watch List, presented to the nation's top mid-major player.

Warrick is the Tigers' third signee during the spring transfer window, joining a top-20 3-point shooter nationally in Jacob Crews in addition to two-time All-Big Ten honoree Tony Perkins. The trio, which ranks as the No. 6 transfer class in the nation, joins the country's No. 4 freshman class that signed in November.

Next year's team better be a bubble team at minimum, but if it's not I'd still give Gates another year to turn it around. He's so good at recruiting.