ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2018 Free Agents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313128)

farmerchief 02-11-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13412460)
That Junior Galette thing makes me wonder how many Redskins free agents are ultra pissed about the Fuller thing and want to join him in KC.

Yeah, probably zero, since they'll go where there's money, but still. Anybody on here catch your eye? Note: The number next to the player's position is their age.

Kirk Cousins QB 29 WAS TBD $23,943,600 UFA Market Value
Terrelle Pryor WR 28 WAS TBD $6,000,000 UFA -
Shawn Lauvao G 30 WAS TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
DeAngelo Hall CB 34 WAS TBD $4,250,000 UFA -
Zach Brown ILB 28 WAS TBD $2,300,000 UFA -
Niles Paul TE 28 WAS TBD $2,000,000 UFA -
Will Compton ILB 28 WAS TBD $1,797,000 UFA -
Trent Murphy OLB 27 WAS TBD $1,118,200 UFA -
Arthur Jones DT 31 WAS TBD $900,000 UFA -
Chris Carter ILB 28 WAS TBD $885,000 UFA -
Brian Quick WR 28 WAS TBD $855,000 UFA -
Junior Galette OLB 29 WAS TBD $800,000 UFA -
Tony Bergstrom C 31 WAS TBD $775,000 UFA -
Phil Taylor DT 29 WAS TBD $775,000 UFA -
Spencer Long C 27 WAS TBD $715,950 UFA -
Bashaud Breeland CB 26 WAS TBD $676,500 UFA Market Value
Ryan Grant WR 27 WAS TBD $608,403 UFA -
Dustin Hopkins
Montori Hughes

I don't think the Chiefs could legitimaly be a player for any of them, that is over $900,000?:hmmm:

BossChief 02-11-2018 10:18 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-free-agency

After clearing up some cap space with the trade of former starting quarterback Alex Smith, the Kansas City Chiefs have some options. If they want to go further and drop some aging veterans, such as Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Darrelle Revis, they will have more than $22 million in cap space, according to Spotrac.

That type of freedom could lead to them going full 2016 New York Giants or 2014 Denver Broncos, when those teams invested highly in a third cornerback. With Marcus Peters and now Kendall Fuller (a slot cornerback acquired via the Smith trade) on the team, they would only need one more solid cornerback, likely an outside corner, to completely suffocate teams in the secondary.

Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib has openly brought up the fact Denver could release him this offseason. His cap hit of $12 million, with just a dead cap figure of $1 million, makes that easy for the Broncos to do, if they want to. The question is, why would they want to throw away a cornerback who has made five straight Pro Bowls?

The answer almost certainly has to be Kirk Cousins, the quarterback whose sweepstakes we've been waiting on for nearly three full years at this point.

If Talib is "done wrong" by Denver for a quarterback, it would be interesting to see if the Chiefs, an AFC West rival, could land his services in what would quickly become one of the best cornerback rooms in the NFL.

Mother****erJones 02-11-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13413260)

After clearing up some cap space with the trade of former starting quarterback Alex Smith, the Kansas City Chiefs have some options. If they want to go further and drop some aging veterans, such as Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Darrelle Revis, they will have more than $22 million in cap space, according to Spotrac.

That type of freedom could lead to them going full 2016 New York Giants or 2014 Denver Broncos, when those teams invested highly in a third cornerback. With Marcus Peters and now Kendall Fuller (a slot cornerback acquired via the Smith trade) on the team, they would only need one more solid cornerback, likely an outside corner, to completely suffocate teams in the secondary.

Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib has openly brought up the fact Denver could release him this offseason. His cap hit of $12 million, with just a dead cap figure of $1 million, makes that easy for the Broncos to do, if they want to. The question is, why would they want to throw away a cornerback who has made five straight Pro Bowls?

The answer almost certainly has to be Kirk Cousins, the quarterback whose sweepstakes we've been waiting on for nearly three full years at this point.

If Talib is "done wrong" by Denver for a quarterback, it would be interesting to see if the Chiefs, an AFC West rival, could land his services in what would quickly become one of the best cornerback rooms in the NFL.

Wouldn’t that piss off our Denver faithful.

KChiefs1 02-11-2018 10:46 PM

2018 Free Agents

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13413260)

Talib is a pos but I’d sign him for a couple of years just to piss off the Donks and the Raider games would be fun.

Toad 02-12-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13392908)
Who is going to pla NT? Isn't that now our biggest hole?

Huge hole...

RunKC 02-12-2018 11:59 AM

I wouldn’t spend too much money if I was Veach.

Marcus Peters
Kendall Fuller
Chris Jones
Tyreek Hill

Gotta have money to start getting these contracts knocked out a year from now.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13413776)
I wouldn’t spend too much money if I was Veach.

Marcus Peters
Kendall Fuller
Chris Jones
Tyreek Hill

Gotta have money to start getting these contracts knocked out a year from now.

As of today, the Chiefs are $75 million under the cap in 2019 and that number will likely grow after Hali, DJ, Sorensen, et al, are released.

Peters can play on his 5th year option in 2019, while Fuller, Jones and Hill will only be RFA's after the 2019 season. I'm not saying that Veach shouldn't consider extending some of those guys after the 2018 season but there's time to make further evaluations.

I'd like to see Chris Jones play a 16 game season (and the postseason) without suffering any injuries before giving him a huge contract.

Hoover 02-12-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13413785)
As of today, the Chiefs are $75 million under the cap in 2019 and that number will likely grow after Hali, DJ, Sorensen, et al, are released.

Peters can play on his 5th year option in 2019, while Fuller, Jones and Hill will only be RFA's after the 2019 season. I'm not saying that Veach shouldn't consider extending some of those guys after the 2018 season but there's time to make further evaluations.

I'd like to see Chris Jones play a 16 game season (and the postseason) without suffering any injuries before giving him a huge contract.

Exactly. You give a guy like Talib a short term contract. We can afford to spend money on a guy like that in 2018 and 2019. After that, probably not.

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2018 12:18 PM

A guy I'd kick the tires on would be Shaq Barrett. He's 25, had 4 sacks last year and would add an overall layer of insurance as the ROLB and LOLB positions.

I don't watch the Broncos, except when they've faced the Chiefs, and Barrett's been a factor in the pass rush the past several seasons.

RunKC 02-12-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

That’s true, and a lot of this will depend on what they think of Morse, Conley, Wilson and Fulton.

Its going to cost a fortune to keep these young guys. Peters, Tyreek and in 2 years Hunt might be extended. It’s time to shift the paradigm of the team. DJ /Tamba are done and Houston/Berry are the new DJ/Tamba of the last few years. Their time is coming.

Couch-Potato 02-12-2018 08:38 PM

Pass rush help? Dion Jordan?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...-pass-rushers/

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13414593)

LMAO

pugsnotdrugs19 02-12-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

No way? They’d be UFAs after 2019.

Couch-Potato 02-12-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13414594)
LMAO

"Jordan appeared in five games last season and logged a four sacks and a forced fumble."

"Jordan may have to sign a one-year prove-it deal, which could be attractive for teams looking for immediate help with with minimal financial risk."

Doesn't sound like too bad an idea to me. I recall him being touted as versatile coming out of college, tall, long and lean. Might be a fit for Sutton's system if he can back drop into coverage. Maybe he stays out of trouble in KC.

The Franchise 02-12-2018 09:53 PM

I’d take Galette or Murphy.

Chief Northman 02-12-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13413807)
A guy I'd kick the tires on would be Shaq Barrett. He's 25, had 4 sacks last year and would add an overall layer of insurance as the ROLB and LOLB positions.

I don't watch the Broncos, except when they've faced the Chiefs, and Barrett's been a factor in the pass rush the past several seasons.

Is he a UFA or RFA?

I’d be down for Barrett. Ascending player with some “juice” to channel Terez Paylor...

DaneMcCloud 02-12-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13414695)
Is he a UFA or RFA?

I’d be down for Barrett. Ascending player with some “juice” to channel Terez Paylor...

He was signed as a UDFA in 2014 so unless there was a hitch in his career, he’s a UFA.

KChiefs1 02-12-2018 10:59 PM

2018 Free Agents

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...199700089.html

February 12, 2018

When the Chiefs trade Alex Smith to Washington for cornerback Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick in this year’s draft, they will save $15.6 million in salary-cap space.

The deal won’t be done until the first day of the new league year, which begins at 3 p.m. on March 14.

Will the Chiefs look at other cost-cutting measures, such as releasing players? USA Today’s Steven Ruiz thinks it’s possible. He ranked the top 25 NFL stars who could be cut during the offseason, and two Chiefs are on the list.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/nfl-...wboys-steelers

KChiefs1 02-12-2018 11:06 PM

Would you rather have Richard Sherman or Aqib Talib?

kccrow 02-13-2018 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13413807)

He's a RFA. I dont' think the Chiefs are going to give up a high pick for him.

O.city 02-13-2018 08:58 AM

Some decent safety free agents that could be had

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13414832)

No, they definitely won’t give up a pick.

He’s an RFA becsause he spent a year on their PS.

These rules can be confusing.

Shoes 02-13-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13414763)
Would you rather have Richard Sherman or Aqib Talib?

If I had to choose... Aqib. We already have 2 players returning from achilles injuries not sure if I would add a third to that list. Aqib is also familiar with the division.

I don't know if I see the Chiefs adding a corner of Sherman or Talib's talent level- would much prefer the Chiefs spending that money on either offensive or defensive line (nose tackle particularly).

BleedingRed 02-13-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13415008)
No, they definitely won’t give up a pick.

He’s an RFA becsause he spent a year on their PS.

These rules can be confusing.

Aldon Smith? I know he's a head case....... But, if he still has something left at OLB

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 13415125)
Aldon Smith? I know he's a head case....... But, if he still has something left at OLB

I don't think that guy is a fit for the Chiefs lockerroom...

O.city 02-13-2018 11:32 AM

Aldon is done in the league

Hard pass there unless he’s actually paying the chiefs to be on the team

Chief Northman 02-13-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 13415125)

:rolleyes:

BleedingRed 02-13-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13415172)
:rolleyes:

It's a weak ass FA class for Pass Rush, going to have to look to the draft I guess

Mother****erJones 02-13-2018 10:43 PM

I’d be surprised if Shaq isn’t re-signed by Denver. Would love to have him and I’d give up a pick for him depending on the deal

RunKC 02-13-2018 10:43 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rotoworld...67033131692042

1 year contract full of incentives. Do it Veach

Mother****erJones 02-13-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13416191)

The tough thing is KC would have to motivate both he and Jones all the time. I’d be all for it though. Plus he being cut, doesn’t count towards comp picks.

O.city 02-13-2018 11:05 PM

I’m pretty leery about dl with motivation issues

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416224)
I’m pretty leery about dl with motivation issues

Do not want

O.city 02-13-2018 11:15 PM

I mean, if he’s really cheap I wouldn’t mind a 1 year prove it deal. Hit still, eh

DaneMcCloud 02-13-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416233)
I mean, if he’s really cheap I wouldn’t mind a 1 year prove it deal. Hit still, eh

He won’t play for Vet Min.

Some dumb team will overpay.

Chief Northman 02-13-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13416197)
The tough thing is KC would have to motivate both he and Jones all the time. I’d be all for it though. Plus he being cut, doesn’t count towards comp picks.

Looking at what’s available in FA, if you want to roll the dice on a DL player you probably look at Richardson or Wilkerson if indeed he is released. They would both be system fits. Their production has dropped dramatically, but maybe they need a change of scenery.

Reid will get the skinny on Wilkerson from Bowles. It doesn’t bode well that he was a healthy scratch the last few games this past season.
I would not be shocked if one of Logan or Poe were brought back on cheaper deals, and I’d be fine with that.

BossChief 02-13-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13416234)
He won’t play for Vet Min.

Some dumb team will overpay.

I wouldn’t have a problem signing him if it was a deal like Veach got Revis for. Low base with game by game incentives.

Give the guy 350k per sack and let him go get that money.

Add Wilkerson and Talib to the defense in FA and then go get Norwell for the offense. Re-sign Fulton.

Then draft all defense.

I don’t think that’s terribly unreasonable scenario.

Couch-Potato 02-13-2018 11:51 PM

Traded Alex, let DJ walk today, and Tamba is certainly next...freeing up cap space!

My updated favorite target list:

Big Spend (~$10m/yr): Impact defensive player
Sherman, Talib, or Butler
Sheldon Richardson

Middle Tier (~$6m-$8m/yr): Bargain shop for WR1/2 after release
Allen Robinson
Paul Richardson
Emanuel Sanders
Terrell Pryor

Low Cost-High Reward: "One mans trash is another man's treasure" - Veach
Tyler Eifert
Dion Jordon
DJ resigned at low rate after rest of NFL passes

I would also consider Josh Gordon via Trade if he will agree to a new contract (2018 3rd + Conditional 2019 Pick) https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...n-trade-082616

BryanBusby 02-14-2018 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13414832)

Maybe Smellway is stupid enough to orig round tag him. Gotta save that mil cap space for Cousins?

I'm not anticipating much from KC in FA. Maybe one big name to compensate for lack of a 1st, but possibly not a lot after that.

Shox27 02-14-2018 08:35 AM

LB is our biggest need. Ragland and Houston are the only proven commodities.

A. Hitchens would be a great signing and should be great value for the $.
N. Bowman could also be a cheap upgrade at LB.

Mother****erJones 02-14-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13416350)
Maybe Smellway is stupid enough to orig round tag him. Gotta save that mil cap space for Cousins?

I'm not anticipating much from KC in FA. Maybe one big name to compensate for lack of a 1st, but possibly not a lot after that.

He’s placing a 2nd round tag supposedly

Mother****erJones 02-14-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13416265)
I wouldn’t have a problem signing him if it was a deal like Veach got Revis for. Low base with game by game incentives.

Give the guy 350k per sack and let him go get that money.

Add Wilkerson and Talib to the defense in FA and then go get Norwell for the offense. Re-sign Fulton.

Then draft all defense.

I don’t think that’s terribly unreasonable scenario.

KC isn’t paying Fulton. At least I don’t want them to.

raybec 4 02-14-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13416191)

Wilkerson got paid and then just quit, I'm skeptical if he's a good fit.

raybec 4 02-14-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13416350)

I disagree about KC not being active in free agency. They're freeing up a hell of a lot of cap room for 2018. I'll bet they use it.

Couch-Potato 02-14-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13416465)
I disagree about KC not being active in free agency. They're freeing up a hell of a lot of cap room for 2018. I'll bet they use it.

I'm somewhere in between the two of you, I'm expecting them to be moderate players in FA. Nothing overly flashy, but we're likely to find value by spending smart money.

prhom 02-14-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 13415244)
It's a weak ass FA class for Pass Rush, going to have to look to the draft I guess

The fact that there aren’t many good FA pass rushers makes me think that Veach might be looking at one of these big name CBs. If we can’t fix the pass rush via free agency then the next best thing is to get better in the secondary. He’s already done a lot towards that goal by getting Fuller. We may be stuck with Ford and Houston as the starting OLBs this year.

O.city 02-14-2018 09:47 AM

There’s some decent options at pass rusher though. Buy low type guys who could really help

O.city 02-14-2018 09:54 AM

https://twitter.com/themmqb/status/963797752152027137

Here’s a good write up about free agent options

Some good guys available to fill some spots for kc

The ILB from Philly would be awesome. One of the dl and or corners as well.

Shoes 02-14-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416536)
There’s some decent options at pass rusher though. Buy low type guys who could really help

Dion Jordan is a guy I have some interest in- depending if he has finally got his act together. Low risk high reward type of signing IMO- really depends on what the Chiefs think they have in Ford/Kpass.

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416556)
https://twitter.com/themmqb/status/963797752152027137

Here’s a good write up about free agent options

Some good guys available to fill some spots for kc

The ILB from Philly would be awesome. One of the dl and or corners as well.

There's also the possibility that the Eagles re-sign Bradham and trade Kendricks.

I'd take either in a heartbeat.

RunKC 02-14-2018 01:10 PM

I want Nigel Bradham and Lamarcus Joyner on this defense so bad. Huge boost just from those 2

The Franchise 02-14-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13416806)
There's also the possibility that the Eagles re-sign Bradham and trade Kendricks.

I'd take either in a heartbeat.

I said it before this year.....but I'd flip a 4th for Kendricks in a heartbeat. Ragland and Kendricks as ILBs would be ****ing huge.

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13416834)
I want Nigel Bradham and Lamarcus Joyner on this defense so bad. Huge boost just from those 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13416835)
I said it before this year.....but I'd flip a 4th for Kendricks in a heartbeat. Ragland and Kendricks as ILBs would be ****ing huge.

I've been a huge fan of Kendricks since he came into the league, so I'd prefer him to Bradham and he's also a year younger.

That said, I'd take either.

I think that Kenny Vacarro could revive his career in KC under the tutelage of Harris, Thomas and Berry.

KChiefs1 02-14-2018 01:27 PM

https://twitter.com/tandlernbcs/stat...55648512495616

RunKC 02-14-2018 01:30 PM

I don’t see the Eagles letting Kendricks go. Bradham is most likely going to get a bigger contract than Kendricks as all SB winning players that hit FA a month later do.

Jordan Hicks is hurt as much as Phillip Gaines and Danelle Ellerbe is an old player who was signed as depth.

Doesn’t seem like they would get rid of him and leave a big void at the position.

O.city 02-14-2018 01:35 PM

I think Trent Murphy would make a lot of sense in kc. Maybe a buy low on Brent urban or the a decent contract for shemar Stephens

Avery Williamson has gotten some love on Twitter, he’d be a nice fit as well

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416857)
I think Trent Murphy would make a lot of sense in kc.

On a one year "Prove It" deal, sure.

The guy's coming off an ACL tear and as we all know from Justin Houston's issues, he may not be 100% to start or even end the season.

O.city 02-14-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13416880)
On a one year "Prove It" deal, sure.

The guy's coming off an ACL tear and as we all know from Justin Houston's issues, he may not be 100% to start or even end the season.

Yeah those are potentially good value deals if it goes right

Mother****erJones 02-14-2018 02:39 PM

I’d be all for signing Junior Galette

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416902)
Yeah those are potentially good value deals if it goes right

He tore his ACL on August 11th so he may not even be ready to work out for teams until deep into Training Camp.

Also, Murphy was slated to miss the first four games after getting popped for a PED suspension in April, so it's possible he'll serve the suspension in 2018.

BryanBusby 02-14-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13416465)

I think you're bound for disappointment.

Veach has stressed building through the draft and Clark punted the former GM for not managing the cap well. I'd bet the directive to Brett was to clamp down on that shit.

O.city 02-14-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13416950)
I’d be all for going and signing Junior Galette.

He’s a bit old

I’d look at the young guys who may have underperformed for whatever reason and hope You can turn them around

O.city 02-14-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13416956)
He tore his ACL on August 11th so he may not even be ready to work out for teams until deep into Training Camp.

Also, Murphy was slated to miss the first four games after getting popped for a PED suspension in April, so it's possible he'll serve the suspension in 2018.

I thought you could go ahead and serve them even if injured?

BryanBusby 02-14-2018 02:50 PM

Can't serve a suspension from the IR

Mother****erJones 02-14-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416961)
He’s a bit old

I’d look at the young guys who may have underperformed for whatever reason and hope You can turn them around

Well Ford is on a contract year, they played KPass and Eligwe at edge. So it’s a tough year to try and find edge guys for this team when Houston is on the other side. Galette is a band aid surely. Shaq Barrett is a guy I like but he’s a RFA

O.city 02-14-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13416963)
Can't serve a suspension from the IR

You sure? I was thinking someone else did that. I’m probably wrong though

O.city 02-14-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13416964)
Well Ford is on a contract year, they played KPass and Eligwe at edge. So it’s a tough year to try and find edge guys for this team when Houston is on the other side. Galette is a band aid surely. Shaq Barrett is a guy I like but he’s a RFA

They may not even look at an edge guy and play with what they’ve got for a year. I doubt it but it’s possible

BryanBusby 02-14-2018 02:53 PM

I'd just draft an edge guy, seeing they are probably stuck with gimp back mc****stick for another year.

Dee already fills the injured underachiever role all in one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416966)
You sure? I was thinking someone else did that. I’m probably wrong though

They can serve it injured while on the active roster. On IR? I'm not sure about that.

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416967)
They may not even look at an edge guy and play with what they’ve got for a year. I doubt it but it’s possible

The upgraded secondary will help the pass rush quite a bit.

I think they have plenty of pieces in place to be able to forgo using a draft choice or a highly paid free agent and will push it off to 2019.

O.city 02-14-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13416970)

I think they have plenty of pieces in place to be able to forgo using a draft choice or a highly paid free agent and will push it off to 2019.

I would prefer they look at guys on the dl or ILB as the market seems better there but if they think they can make a guy like attachou into something, I’d be all for it.

RunKC 02-14-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13416959)
I think you're bound for disappointment.

Veach has stressed building through the draft and Clark punted the former GM for not managing the cap well. I'd bet the directive to Brett was to clamp down on that shit.

Clark also said personnel was the reason for the defensive struggles, thus keeping Sutton.

You aren’t going to improve this defense much with not only no first rd pick, but no pick in the first 50 picks of the draft.

The problem with Dorsey was bad financial analysis and decisions. The Tamba Hali contract might be the worst contract I’ve seen in years. He waited too long on Houston and especially Berry.

It’s okay to get FA’s but the structure of the deal needs to be set up properly.

BryanBusby 02-14-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13416983)
Clark also said personnel was the reason for the defensive struggles, thus keeping Sutton.

You aren’t going to improve this defense much with not only no first rd pick, but no pick in the first 50 picks of the draft.

The problem with Dorsey was bad financial analysis and decisions. The Tamba Hali contract might be the worst contract I’ve seen in years. He waited too long on Houston and especially Berry.

It’s okay to get FA’s but the structure of the deal needs to be set up properly.

Yeah, all the dead money from stupid shit FA deals wasn't the major problem.

Mother****erJones 02-14-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13416970)

Who knows how healthy Ford will be though. That’s a concern. KPass is sill very raw but I love his upside. I’d rather be at end than edge but that’s me. The healthy and improved secondary will help out a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13416974)
I would prefer they look at guys on the dl or ILB as the market seems better there but if they think they can make a guy like attachou into something, I’d be all for it.

I agree. I threw out Galette because he won’t break the bank and upgrades over Zombo. Personally, I’d go for a guy like Joyner at FS and try Wilkerson or Richardson. To fit Joyner I’d cut Parker. But I’m also not opposed to playing this FA market by being frugal and spending next season. I still believe you can make upgrades now and not go too crazy in spending.

Couch-Potato 02-14-2018 09:45 PM

So many quality WRs out there, might be a good year to snag one despite other needs: http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...ide-receivers/

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13417560)
So many quality WRs out there, might be a good year to snag one despite other needs: http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/...ide-receivers/

No.

**** no.

The Franchise 02-14-2018 10:06 PM

Trade for Kendricks
Sign Norwell
Sign Attachou
Sign McDougald

DaneMcCloud 02-14-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13417585)
Trade for Kendricks
Sign Norwell
Sign Attachou
Sign McDougald

I would not be surprised if they sign Kyle Fuller

pugsnotdrugs19 02-14-2018 10:11 PM

Posted this in another thread but since this is offseason related, I’ll do it here too.

https://twitter.com/johnmiddlekauff/...50970399997952

“Hearing some wild rumors in the nfl. There could be some crazy trades that leak during the combine. Should be a fun couple weeks leading up to free agency” - @JohnMiddlekauff

Apologies for not being able to embed.

RunKC 02-14-2018 10:34 PM

Randall Cobb
Eli Apple
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Mike Glennon
CJ Anderson

All these guys will be FA’s

mcaj22 02-14-2018 10:45 PM

is Mo Wilkerson just the second coming of an Albert Haynesworth type bum now that he's been paid or is there still some talent there? Change of scenery or complete lost cause? I remember him being top tier until he got that money. The guy basically didn't try last year and still had better production on paper than every Chiefs lineman except Chris Jones.