ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Ozark (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307966)

DJ's left nut 08-14-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15113983)
I finally started binging Ozark last night and got through about 2 and half episodes before going to bed.

What I saw was absolutely outstanding, from the cast, to direction to story to score to overall production quality. I'm going to avoid this thread until I've caught up but I am stoked to see the next 27.5 episodes.

Jason Bateman is just so good.

There are a few guys who, if they're in something, I'm watching it.

Karl Urban, Dominic Cooper, Mark Strong; several others.

And Bateman is probably at the top of that list. And with him showing his directorial chops in this, at this point he pretty much just needs to be attached to a project in any capacity for me to be willing to give it a shot.

lewdog 08-14-2020 02:58 PM

Really great show that you’ll find doesn’t drop off with each season.

Pitt Gorilla 08-15-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15114053)
There are a few guys who, if they're in something, I'm watching it.

Karl Urban, Dominic Cooper, Mark Strong; several others.

And Bateman is probably at the top of that list. And with him showing his directorial chops in this, at this point he pretty much just needs to be attached to a project in any capacity for me to be willing to give it a shot.

Started watching due to Bateman/Missouri, continued to watch due to Ruth.

MIAdragon 08-15-2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15115537)
Started watching due to Bateman/Missouri, continued to watch due to Ruth.

Big fan of her musical taste, not often you hear Wu-Tang much anymore.

DaneMcCloud 08-16-2020 02:26 PM

Finished S1 and thought that everything was well done, save for the story, which was predictable.

I’m going to binge Ted Lasso beginning tonight and will pivot back to Ozark later this month.

Sure-Oz 08-18-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15116703)
Finished S1 and thought that everything was well done, save for the story, which was predictable.

I’m going to binge Ted Lasso beginning tonight and will pivot back to Ozark later this month.

Glad you enjoyed it gets so good. I binged it during early covid. Definitely my favorite binge since breaking bad

Pitt Gorilla 08-18-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15116703)

The Joe Arthur Gatestack shirt was a great KC touch.

KChiefs1 02-26-2021 11:19 AM

I guess they are filming now in Atlanta. I know it has to do with money but I can't figure out why they don't shoot this in Missouri.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4GkDOI8Qi60" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 02-26-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15565112)
I guess they are filming now in Atlanta. I know it has to do with money but I can't figure out why they don't shoot this in Missouri.

Atlanta has massive soundstages in which many of the Marvel movies have been filed AND the state of Georgia provides massive tax breaks for Film & TV productions.

It's a Win-Win for the producers.

Sure-Oz 02-27-2021 09:00 AM

Cannot wait for this. When the pandemic started I was suggested to start this. Probably one of my favorite binges since Breaking Bad.

Sorry 02-28-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15566065)
Cannot wait for this. When the pandemic started I was suggested to start this. Probably one of my favorite binges since Breaking Bad.

Ozark is like breaking bad's cousin to me and i love it.

Deberg_1990 01-21-2022 02:58 PM

Season 4 dropped today. Only 7 episodes

BigBeauford 01-21-2022 04:13 PM

I hope it's better than last season. Really felt like Bateman phoned it in.

Jerm 01-21-2022 08:55 PM

Binged all of Part 1 of S4 today….excellent as usual, show is so good.

Sucks that it’s ending with Part 2 of S4 but at least they have a clear vision and I’m sure it’ll be epic.

Halfcan 01-21-2022 11:24 PM

Trying to get through this season and all its convoluted and ridiculous plots.

HemiEd 01-22-2022 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 16091592)
Season 4 dropped today. Only 7 episodes

I watched the first four, meh. The show has run it's course imo unless something great happens in the next three.

Jerm 01-22-2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 16092300)
I watched the first four, meh. The show has run it's course imo unless something great happens in the next three.

Watch the next 3 lol…

kevrunner 01-22-2022 02:27 PM

I can’t believe it took me to season 4 to figure out the actor who plays Wyatt, also played the little brother in Charlie St. Cloud. Also, hard to believe Jonah is only supposed to be 14 years old this season, he comes across like he is old enough to be in college.

HemiEd 01-22-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 16092807)
Watch the next 3 lol…

I did and you are right, it got better. Looking forward to the obvious continuation now. :)

GabyKeepsMeWarm 01-23-2022 07:38 AM

Just finished with season 4... Don't wanna spoil anything yet for those who haven't finished it...

BWillie 01-23-2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 16092198)
Trying to get through this season and all its convoluted and ridiculous plots.

Are you serious? Just finished ep 3 on season 4. Amazing, great show.

ChiefsCountry 01-23-2022 03:28 PM

Alhonna the resort that the show is based off, just got the Blue Cat Lodge sign from the set. They are suppose to have it up this summer sometime so people can come by and take photos.

chiefzilla1501 01-25-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16096555)
Are you serious? Just finished ep 3 on season 4. Amazing, great show.

Yup. The final episodes for the season are insane. Incredible lead in to the final run of the season. And Laura linney is a goddamn force.

So, where do we rank the big three in drug shows. Ozark, breaking bad, better call Saul. Easy to remember that breaking bad had quite a few filler episodes. I actually prefer ozark because it’s so tight. Every episode and scene is so damn meaningful. And better call Saul is setting up one hell of a payoff in the final season

Tribal Warfare 01-25-2022 02:36 PM

Marty looking at Wendy like she's an evil bitch when she was setting up Jonah for a fall was intense.

chiefzilla1501 01-25-2022 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16106689)
Marty looking at Wendy like she's an evil bitch when she was setting up Jonah for a fall was intense.

It’s crazy that Marty is such a pivotal character played brilliantly by Jason Bateman and he’s not even close to the most intriguing character this season. Laura linney is incredible this season. And Javi is breaking bads Todd with charisma and charm.

eDave 01-26-2022 05:02 PM

Spoiler!

BWillie 01-26-2022 05:22 PM

I still can't get over how Jonah is supposed to be 14 yet looks 19

LMAOLMAO

Tribal Warfare 01-27-2022 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16109447)
I still can't get over how Jonah is supposed to be 14 yet looks 19

LMAOLMAO

Looks like Steve Winwood's bastard grandson

lcarus 01-27-2022 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 16109401)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

gblowfish 01-27-2022 03:09 PM

Laura Linney looks a lot like of of my girlfriends in college.

eDave 01-27-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16106665)
Yup. The final episodes for the season are insane. Incredible lead in to the final run of the season. And Laura linney is a goddamn force.

So, where do we rank the big three in drug shows. Ozark, breaking bad, better call Saul. Easy to remember that breaking bad had quite a few filler episodes. I actually prefer ozark because it’s so tight. Every episode and scene is so damn meaningful. And better call Saul is setting up one hell of a payoff in the final season

I was thinking of this question as I was watching and tried to take the fact that I was currently watching Ozark out of the equation. And I came up the same as you. Also, Saul had a real slow start, IMO.

Ozark has a nicer overall color pallete. So there's that too.

BTW: When Batemen was trying to get the guy out of the funeral home, that was hysterical and acted like only he could do.

chiefzilla1501 01-27-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 16111662)
I was thinking of this question as I was watching and tried to take the fact that I was currently watching Ozark out of the equation. And I came up the same as you. Also, Saul had a real slow start, IMO.

Ozark has a nicer overall color pallete. So there's that too.

BTW: When Batemen was trying to get the guy out of the funeral home, that was hysterical and acted like only he could do.

Pretty cool how Saul has evolved. When you really get to it, you get some of the best characters in breaking bad in Gus and Mike. I’d argue that Lalo has been the best villain of them all. And I sense ozark is going down a similar path.

rocknrolla 01-29-2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 16109401)
Spoiler!

Obviously, it was subtle. I missed it also, was nodding in and out.

sully1983 02-03-2022 09:45 AM

Powerful mid season ending. But of course we'll have to wait to finish the final season cause Netflix is run by greedy assholes. Oh well I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Ruth is my favorite character on Ozark and Julia Garner's acting has been incredible. She can be so tough nosed yet so vulnerable at the same time (all while making it so authentic ) such a talented young actress.

gblowfish 02-06-2022 10:41 AM

I binged season four yesterday. I've watched the whole series since it started. A few thoughts without hopefully not being a spoiler:

You have to suspend a LOT of belief with shows like Ozark and Yellowstone. Not sure how many people have been killed in those shows, but per capita its higher than St. Louis! If all these people who had been killed in Camdenton really happened it would be national news. Same deal with Yellowstone. But without gun violence, neither show would be as interesting.

What did they do with the Sheriff's car?

Can't wait for the forensic digs by law enforcement on Darlene's north pasture!

Also, can poppies even be grown in Missouri? I don't think we have the climate? How does Darlene keep all the plant workers quiet in the processing plant? She's got about six or more guys working in there?

No KC Mob Boss would travel to see a psychopath -who shot his son's junk off- alone. He'd have some muscle and protection with him.

Finally, nobody, and I mean NOBODY on Ozark is likeable. Everybody is evil and corrupt. The entire Byrd family. Darlene's crew. Ruth's family. The Mob. The Cops. The Feds. The Cartel. Even the guy who runs the Lazy-O Motel is a degenerate gambler. The Chicago PI poking around is a coke head. The only person who seems normal is Wendy's dad, and he's an abusive father and pious hypocrite. So please, name one person, ONE PERSON on the show who isn't sleazy. Maybe the new sheriff.

And what was the deal with the auto accident at the beginning of the first episode? Foreshadowing the end???

Buehler445 02-08-2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 16111662)

I laughed my ever loving ass off. That was awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 16132936)
I binged season four yesterday. I've watched the whole series since it started. A few thoughts without hopefully not being a spoiler:

You have to suspend a LOT of belief with shows like Ozark and Yellowstone. Not sure how many people have been killed in those shows, but per capita its higher than St. Louis! If all these people who had been killed in Camdenton really happened it would be national news. Same deal with Yellowstone. But without gun violence, neither show would be as interesting.

What did they do with the Sheriff's car?

Can't wait for the forensic digs by law enforcement on Darlene's north pasture!

Also, can poppies even be grown in Missouri? I don't think we have the climate? How does Darlene keep all the plant workers quiet in the processing plant? She's got about six or more guys working in there?

No KC Mob Boss would travel to see a psychopath -who shot his son's junk off- alone. He'd have some muscle and protection with him.

Finally, nobody, and I mean NOBODY on Ozark is likeable. Everybody is evil and corrupt. The entire Byrd family. Darlene's crew. Ruth's family. The Mob. The Cops. The Feds. The Cartel. Even the guy who runs the Lazy-O Motel is a degenerate gambler. The Chicago PI poking around is a coke head. The only person who seems normal is Wendy's dad, and he's an abusive father and pious hypocrite. So please, name one person, ONE PERSON on the show who isn't sleazy. Maybe the new sheriff.

And what was the deal with the auto accident at the beginning of the first episode? Foreshadowing the end???

Yeah, you have to suspend a ton of disbelief. But I totally forgot about the wreck.

The one that gets me is (DC in Spoiler)

Spoiler!

And that's coming from me not giving a SHIT about the old lady that regularly puts 00 in whoever is in her dining room and marries a teenager.

RE: Rooting interests. I think one can easily root for Marty. He's the only one actively trying to end the crime. But he's done a lot of bad shit, so whatever. But I think it's hard to root against Ruth. Yeah, she did some bad shit, but she was doing bad shit before. She at least does bad shit and cares about some semblance of life for her family.

lawrenceRaider 02-08-2022 07:26 AM

I'm actively rooting for Wendy to die a horrible death. What an evil ****.

-King- 02-09-2022 12:48 PM

Finished part 1 the other day. It's still an decent show, but this season is a cluster**** of a mess. Every character just does the stupidest thing possible except for Wendy. She does the most evil thing possible and somehow she can blackmail/make a connection with every single powerful person she meets. We're a few episodes from seeing her convince the president to get control of the Nukes for some reason.

This show got way too big and way too convoluted. The FBI/Cartel shit might be the stupidest most fake shit I've seen in a show that takes itself seriously.

L.A. Chieffan 02-11-2022 10:47 AM

If you guys haven't seen the movie Bad Words, check it out. It stars Bateman being the biggest dick possible to a bunch of middle schoolers and their parents. I watched it again the other night and forgot how funny it was

BadRobot 02-18-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16135572)
I'm actively rooting for Wendy to die a horrible death. What an evil ****.

i found her voice really getting on my nerves and praying for someone to put a bullet in her head !

Buehler445 02-20-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 16140054)
If you guys haven't seen the movie Bad Words, check it out. It stars Bateman being the biggest dick possible to a bunch of middle schoolers and their parents. I watched it again the other night and forgot how funny it was

ROFL

Thanks for the rec. I hadn't heard of it.

Another one I hadn't heard of was This is Where I Leave You. It was really good. Not as funny but funny enough. I almost fell out of my chair with the line "Yep. And I've got her purse." ROFL

Bowser 05-02-2022 10:35 AM

Anyone catching up on this? I'm three episodes in, and I feel like I have no idea who is trying to get over on who, but someone is DEFINTITELY going to end up getting over.

ChiefsCountry 05-02-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16278419)
Anyone catching up on this? I'm three episodes in, and I feel like I have no idea who is trying to get over on who, but someone is DEFINTITELY going to end up getting over.

I like how Ruth can go from Osage Beach to Kansas City to Chicago in like 30 minutes driving lol.

Bowser 05-02-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 16278434)
I like how Ruth can go from Osage Beach to Kansas City to Chicago in like 30 minutes driving lol.

And then fly to Miami and back for a meeting with the Byrds, haha.

Can you imagine if Osage/Sunrise Beach had all this shit going on for real? Murders everyday, cartel thugs, mob, Ozark mafia.......hell, maybe it does?? Lol

ChiefsCountry 05-02-2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16278605)
And then fly to Miami and back for a meeting with the Byrds, haha.

Can you imagine if Osage/Sunrise Beach had all this shit going on for real? Murders everyday, cartel thugs, mob, Ozark mafia.......hell, maybe it does?? Lol

I run the Ozark mafia down here. :p

Clyde Frog 05-02-2022 01:14 PM

After finishing the last season, I genuinely hate everyone on the show besides Marty. His arc from lawful good to lawful evil was incredible to see unfold. Fantastic writing (with suspended belief), story telling and acting.

Imo, the ending was satisfying and stayed true to the franchise. I'll wait a bit more until more here have finished to discuss.

L.A. Chieffan 05-02-2022 08:16 PM

Finished it. I liked the ending but the final season wasn't as good as the others as a whole. Too convoluted with way too many things going on. The writing seemed to slip a little. Still probably a top 10 show of all time tho imo

TribalElder 05-02-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 16279422)
Finished it. I liked the ending but the final season wasn't as good as the others as a whole. Too convoluted with way too many things going on. The writing seemed to slip a little. Still probably a top 10 show of all time tho imo

Season 4 wasn't as shocking as I would have expected for Ozark, especially the final episodes.

blake5676 05-03-2022 10:37 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty indifferent on the ending. Not sure what exactly I expected but I think I was secretly hoping there'd be slightly different fates for some of the characters. All in all though, great show and stayed interesting to the very end. I don't put it in my top 10 but it's better than most.

TLO 05-03-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 16278735)
After finishing the last season, I genuinely hate everyone on the show besides Marty. His arc from lawful good to lawful evil was incredible to see unfold. Fantastic writing (with suspended belief), story telling and acting.

Imo, the ending was satisfying and stayed true to the franchise. I'll wait a bit more until more here have finished to discuss.

Ruth and Marty were the only 2 characters I ever liked. I thought the ending was a little... rushed? I'm not sure that's the right word, but I didn't particularly care for it.

TLO 05-03-2022 01:54 PM

I also dislike Wendy more than Skyler White from Breaking Bad. Which I didn't think was possible.

InChiefsHeaven 05-03-2022 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 16280839)
Ruth and Marty were the only 2 characters I ever liked. I thought the ending was a little... rushed? I'm not sure that's the right word, but I didn't particularly care for it.

It was a bit rushed, especially the last episode, but on the whole I was super happy with the entire arc of the show. I thought it was interesting:

Spoiler!

Bowser 05-04-2022 01:22 PM

I have two episodes left til I'm done. I loathe Wendy.

TwistedChief 05-05-2022 10:15 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed this last block of episodes.

Nice, clean ending to a wonderful show.

gblowfish 05-05-2022 10:31 AM

I thought the car wreck scene was unnecessary. Do you think everyone just walks away and goes about their day after something like that?

gblowfish 05-05-2022 10:32 AM

Oh, and Wendy is starting to look like Darlene Snell at the very end.

gblowfish 05-05-2022 10:34 AM

A better ending would have been the Byrd family all goes into an all night diner, and Marty gets up to go to the bathroom...

Bowser 05-05-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 16283219)
I thought the car wreck scene was unnecessary. Do you think everyone just walks away and goes about their day after something like that?

Yeah, especially after they teased that at the very beginning of the season. Still don't understand that part.

lcarus 05-05-2022 10:35 PM

I didn't really care for the ending. Just feels like they could've done better than that.

Tribal Warfare 05-05-2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 16284216)
I didn't really care for the ending. Just feels like they could've done better than that.

Spoiler!

gblowfish 05-06-2022 08:57 AM

I would describe this show as "Scarface" meets "Green Acres" meets "Family Ties."

Sure-Oz 05-06-2022 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 16284216)

Agreed. That choice as well...didn't make sense to me

Clyde Frog 05-06-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 16280839)

Interesting that you thought it was rushed. What else would you have liked to have seen?
Spoiler!
Or something else?

rabblerouser 05-07-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16282262)
I have two episodes left til I'm done. I loathe Wendy.

I hate her so much.

chiefzilla1501 05-08-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 16285319)
Interesting that you thought it was rushed. What else would you have liked to have seen?
Spoiler!
Or something else?

My thoughts in the spoiler. I liked the ending but feel the execution could've been better

ijack 05-08-2022 02:51 PM

One of the best shows I've seen

Clyde Frog 05-09-2022 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16286378)
My thoughts in the spoiler. I liked the ending but feel the execution could've been better

ok, I can understand that.

Spoiler!

InChiefsHeaven 05-10-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16286378)

I agree,

Spoiler!

Red Dawg 05-13-2022 08:24 AM

Questions they left wide open:
1. Do the Byrd's have to still run the Casino? There is nobody there now to launder the money. The whole point was them trying to get out of this mess and they didn't.
2. What happened to 3? Does he get Ruth's money and the land?
3. Rachel? Will she stay at the Casino or be dead or leave?

Great Expectations 05-13-2022 08:28 AM

1) Three will inherit the casino/cash/new house. I think Rachel takes over the short term.
2) yes, he gets everything as the lone surviving Langmore.
3) If Three wants her to run it she does. With the Byrde’s in Chicago I’d think he would keep her there for operations.

Red Dawg 05-13-2022 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 16292660)
1) Three will inherit the casino/cash/new house. I think Rachel takes over the short term.
2) yes, he gets everything as the lone surviving Langmore.
3) If Three wants her to run it she does. With the Byrde’s in Chicago I’d think he would keep her there for operations.

Rachel can't launder money, she doesn't know how.

InChiefsHeaven 05-13-2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16292652)
Questions they left wide open:
1. Do the Byrd's have to still run the Casino? There is nobody there now to launder the money. The whole point was them trying to get out of this mess and they didn't.
2. What happened to 3? Does he get Ruth's money and the land?
3. Rachel? Will she stay at the Casino or be dead or leave?

1 - They kinda did, the gangster lady killed Ruth knowing she was the money launderer. I guess it's their problem now.

2- I though there was something about 3 getting the money and land.

3- Good question, and one that I asked immediately.

sully1983 05-14-2022 04:36 AM

The ending left such a bad taste in my mouth. So rushed and overall a really big let down. oh well

Pitt Gorilla 05-15-2022 01:25 AM

How about a prequel centered on the Langmores (and maybe the Snells)?

Great Expectations 05-15-2022 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 16293133)
Rachel can't launder money, she doesn't know how.

The FBI is involved with that now, so they can go clean and launder money thru the foundation. And Ruth needed Jonah and Marty to launder her money anyway.

ChiefsCountry 05-15-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16294517)
How about a prequel centered on the Langmores (and maybe the Snells)?

A story about the time the Lake was created and Union Electric buying all the farms up could create some drama for a ten parter.

sully1983 05-17-2022 09:02 PM

And to anyone that even once put Ozark in the same stratosphere as Breaking Bad...you can GTFO!
https://images.shape.mdpcdn.com/site.../u929/gtfo.gif

InChiefsHeaven 05-19-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 16294837)
A story about the time the Lake was created and Union Electric buying all the farms up could create some drama for a ten parter.

I see what you did there...

BigRedChief 05-21-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 16293720)
The ending left such a bad taste in my mouth. So rushed and overall a really big let down. oh well

Almost every series has no idea how to end.

Either it’s a happily ever after or it’s a rushed mess that no one is happy about. Why is this so difficult?

-King- 06-04-2022 10:06 PM

Man we are inching along the 2nd half of the 4th season.... I don't think there has been a show I have hated more after loving previous seasons. This show has been on a steep decline since like mid 2nd season. An hour episode is damn near torture at this point.