ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2017-2018 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306817)

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2017 12:07 AM

Will get hit with sanctions in a few years, but oh well! Those blue bloods ( dumb**** term) will not stand for this.

KChiefs1 04-10-2017 09:50 AM

http://www.rundownhoops.com/features/april-09th-2017

Catching up with Jontay Porter
4/9/2017
Tyler Simpson | Lead Writer

Few have had the whirlwind of a month that Jontay Porter has had. Porter’s dad was on the Washington staff and was let go after the surprising firing of Lorenzo Romar, who many had thought would get one more year with the impressive recruiting class he had coming in. Porter, who is still living in Seattle until the end of the month is playing part of the spring with MoKan Elite, until he comes to a conclusion on his reclassification. The traveling has been exhausting for the younger Porter, but he’s not letting it hinder his gameplay.

Porter, a one time Washington commit won a Washington High School State Championship this year under former NBA player, Brandon Roy. A Missouri State basketball championship and now a Washington State basketball championship to add to the already impressive resume of Jontay Porter.

“It was a blessing, it was awesome to have a coach with a lot of experience and knowledge of the game. He taught us not just skill wise, but how to approach things with a professional mindset.” Porter said of Nathan Hale High School Coach Brandon Roy.

The one remaining question with Jontay is whether or not he will decide to reclassify from the class of 2018 to 2017. “I want to get it over within the next week, the only reason it hasn’t happened yet is because we’ve been all over the place due to recent events and traveling, we’re going to sit down and figure it out this week.”

Whether Porter reclassifies or not, the main assumption is that he’ll go back to Father Tolton High School in Columbia to play his final senior season, “I need to assess what’s going on in Columbia, but that’s more than likely what’s going to happen.”

“This is my first summer without Mike, so it’s not so easy to rely on him to get some buckets or score 30 a game, I’m trying to take my offensive game to the next level. Defense will always be there and I will always improve on that too. My mindset is something I’m working on as well.” Porter said of what he’s trying to improve on.

Although Porter has not officially committed to Missouri, it’s the perceived notion that he will attend there. “Some coaches have inquired about my situation, but I’ve politely shut it down. As long as my dad is coaching there, I’m going to go there and play for him.”

Porter has high hopes for Cuonzo Martin and company to cash in big time this weekend with the highly touted recruits they had on campus in Kevin Knox and Blake Harris. Whether or not they are able to secure commitments, there is still a palpable buzz around Missouri Basketball again and it’s all thanks to the Porter family. If Jontay decides to reclassify then he thinks it will be an all-time great recruiting class.

“Fab Five 2.0.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 04-10-2017 02:34 PM

****Official 2017-2018 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread****

Michael Porter Sr
https://youtu.be/l8RP7UJ8KfI
Cornell Mann
https://youtu.be/V6DAshHcmUk
Chris Hollender
https://youtu.be/fhsVMwq92-I

gblowfish 04-10-2017 02:56 PM

I'm gettin' a stiffy....

KChiefs1 04-10-2017 03:49 PM

From a Kentucky writer:

CHANGE OF PLANS: Knox makes a change in his recruitment

Five-star wing player Kevin Knox has had a change of heart after visiting Missouri on the weekend.

The 6-foot-8, 197-pound Florida native has now completed all five officials visits and will pick between Missouri, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke and Florida State. Initially Knox was planning on deciding this week and before the Jordan Brand Classic but that's no longer the case.

Kevin Knox's father, Kevin Knox Sr., told Cats Illustrated that his son will make a final decision either April 28th or May 1st and that decision may be impacted based on when Knox can be on national television.

Knox Sr., described the visit to Missouri as a "great experience" and appreciated how next head coach Cuonzo Martin is a straightforward guy.

Knox Sr., said the visit was slightly different than other visits because this late in the game Missouri didn't waste time pitching the Knox family.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12818035)
From a Kentucky writer:

CHANGE OF PLANS: Knox makes a change in his recruitment

Five-star wing player Kevin Knox has had a change of heart after visiting Missouri on the weekend.

The 6-foot-8, 197-pound Florida native has now completed all five officials visits and will pick between Missouri, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke and Florida State. Initially Knox was planning on deciding this week and before the Jordan Brand Classic but that's no longer the case.

Kevin Knox's father, Kevin Knox Sr., told Cats Illustrated that his son will make a final decision either April 28th or May 1st and that decision may be impacted based on when Knox can be on national television.

Knox Sr., described the visit to Missouri as a "great experience" and appreciated how next head coach Cuonzo Martin is a straightforward guy.

Knox Sr., said the visit was slightly different than other visits because this late in the game Missouri didn't waste time pitching the Knox family.

Still strikes me as incredibly unlikely.

I'd go 2-1 in favor of Duke at this point.

Pitt Gorilla 04-10-2017 06:27 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We might be graduating, but <a href="https://twitter.com/ADPiMizzou">@ADPiMizzou</a> seniors think these three guys at <a href="https://twitter.com/Mizzou">@Mizzou</a> is picture perfect. <a href="https://t.co/kJ875lZqXx">pic.twitter.com/kJ875lZqXx</a></p>&mdash; Emma Rechenberg (@erechenbergtv) <a href="https://twitter.com/erechenbergtv/status/851283174155878400">April 10, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KChiefs1 04-10-2017 06:55 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6fd29f9bd2.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2017 09:04 PM

They plowed them all

allen_kcCard 04-10-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12818826)
They plowed them all

Please. I seen double digit "nopes" for me at a glance.

Titty Meat 04-10-2017 09:13 PM

So that explains how Mizzou is getting all these recruits.

SAUTO 04-10-2017 09:20 PM

One has a ****ing cast thing on her leg ROFL

SAUTO 04-10-2017 09:21 PM

There would be cooter showing, first girl on left, if it wasn't in shadows

ghak99 04-10-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12818826)
They plowed them all

I hope they all took one for the team.

Titty Meat 04-10-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12818855)
One has a ****ing cast thing on her leg ROFL

That's because Jontay bent her like a ****ing pretzel

ChiefsCountry 04-10-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12818514)

Damn I miss college.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2017 09:54 PM

Left to right, would yous?

duncan_idaho 04-11-2017 09:52 AM

Senior picture day is a thing for sororities at Mizzou now, they all line up on that plaza.

Not sure if this was coordinated or they just happened to be walking by and welcomed in.

Great engagement by the Greek Community at Missouri. Could really be a key advantage if Martin can keep that up.

WhawhaWhat 04-11-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12818917)
Left to right, would yous?

Probably.

Sure-Oz 04-11-2017 10:25 AM

@Frank_Cusumano: Jeremiah Tilmon has just gotten his release. @MizzouHoops @KSDKSports

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jerm 04-11-2017 10:30 AM

Tilmon by the end of the week....

Knox Sr. had an interview on STL radio this morning...it was great, very encouraging. Really do think Knox ends up in Columbia too.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-11-2017 12:04 PM

Fab 5 2.0

duncan_idaho 04-11-2017 01:37 PM

Bold prediction:
They're going to get Tilmon. And Knox. And Mark Smith out of Illinois.

Porter
Knox
Tilmon
Mark Smith
CJ Roberts
Blake Harris

Super Six

DJ's left nut 04-11-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12819694)
Bold prediction:

Porter
Knox
Tilmon
Mark Smith
CJ Roberts
Blake Harris

Super Six

Tilmon, Smith, Roberts and Harris would all be at least 2 year players and very possibly 4 year guys.

Porter and Knox, even if they are short-timers, will lay the foundation for this program in a way that could be felt a decade from now.

I'd be content with that lot without Knox, truth be told. Hell, I'd be pretty damn pleased if it's just Harris, Roberts, Tilmon and MPJ. I'm really excited about what Harris and Roberts can develop into out of the backcourt; that's a very good set of complementary skills. Roberts could turn into a go-to, crunch time scorer and Harris has the look of an outstanding distributor. Both guys have the ability to be plus defenders.

Guard play will always be king come tournament season, IMO. Just those 2 guys alone (and Smith may be better than both of them; seems to be a combination of the two) could be the centerpiece of a genuinely dangerous Sweet 16 caliber team in 3 years, well after Porter and Knox are gone.

Pitt Gorilla 04-11-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Bold prediction:

Porter
Knox
Tilmon
Mark Smith
CJ Roberts
Blake Harris

Super Six

I wouldn't have much to complain about, given that outcome. I really hope you're correct.

DJ's left nut 04-11-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12819774)
I wouldn't have much to complain about, given that outcome. I really hope you're correct.

You're positive you don't want Cullen VanLeer out there in Pittsburg?

Because we could really use the scholarship and he could really use the...uh....getting the **** out of town.

Pitt Gorilla 04-11-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12819776)
You're positive you don't want Cullen VanLeer out there in Pittsburg?

Because we could really use the scholarship and he could really use the...uh....getting the **** out of town.

I'm no longer anywhere near P-Town. I'd have no problem, though, with a transfer of him or Geist.

raybec 4 04-11-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12819792)
I'm no longer anywhere near P-Town. I'd have no problem, though, with a transfer of him or Geist.

Neither would Mizzou

KChiefs1 04-11-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Bold prediction:

Porter
Knox
Tilmon
Mark Smith
CJ Roberts
Blake Harris

Super Six

That would be insane.

KChiefs1 04-11-2017 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12819705)
Hell, I'd be pretty damn pleased if it's just Harris, Roberts, Tilmon and MPJ. I'm really excited about what Harris and Roberts can develop into out of the backcourt; that's a very good set of complementary skills. Roberts could turn into a go-to, crunch time scorer and Harris has the look of an outstanding distributor. Both guys have the ability to be plus defenders.

Guard play will always be king come tournament season, IMO. Just those 2 guys alone (and Smith may be better than both of them; seems to be a combination of the two) could be the centerpiece of a genuinely dangerous Sweet 16 caliber team in 3 years, well after Porter and Knox are gone.

I was listening to some show on the radio & they had a basketball recruiting expert say that Harris was probably one of, if not the best passer in this class. He isn't a guy who looks to shoot & loves to pass it to an open guy.

WhawhaWhat 04-11-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12820107)
I was listening to some show on the radio & they had a basketball recruiting expert say that Harris was probably one of, if not the best passer in this class. He isn't a guy who looks to shoot & loves to pass it to an open guy.

Collin Sexton looked damn good in the McDonalds game a couple weeks ago. He's headed to Alabama so maybe we'll a few games with them head to head.

patteeu 04-11-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12820104)
That would be insane.

Correction... That *will* be insane.

Pepe Silvia 04-11-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12817314)
Will get hit with sanctions in a few years, but oh well! Those blue bloods ( dumb**** term) will not stand for this.

Sadly this. To make matters worse I hear there is a very good chance that KU steals Tilmon at the last minute. Not good.

kcchiefsus 04-11-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 12820540)
Sadly this. To make matters worse I hear there is a very good chance that KU steals Tilmon at the last minute. Not good.

**** off and quit being a whiny bitch.

Pepe Silvia 04-11-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12820544)
**** off and quit being a whiny bitch.

No, I want to piss bitches like you off.

Codered 04-12-2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 12820540)

Even if MU doesn't get Tillmon this offseason is already much better than any MU fan expected. I can't even imagine a MU fan being a Debbie Downer right now!

Perineum Ripper 04-12-2017 06:54 AM

I'm excited for the season..dad and I used to watch almost every game and I haven't watched a game since Haith was coaching..didn't like that hire and just found something else to do with my time

I'm looking forward to watching Harris play with his ability to create shots for his teammates with his passing

duncan_idaho 04-12-2017 07:31 AM

I'm not concerned by rumors of Tilmon to kansas. Still confident he's going to Mizzou.

It makes sense, for both him and Mizzou, to at least make a show of looking around at a few places before committing to Mizzou, which is what everyone expects.

I'm more concerned about his ability to qualify than him going somewhere else.

Chiefspants 04-12-2017 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12820801)
I'm not concerned by rumors of Tilmon to kansas. Still confident he's going to Mizzou.

It makes sense, for both him and Mizzou, to at least make a show of looking around at a few places before committing to Mizzou, which is what everyone expects.

I'm more concerned about his ability to qualify than him going somewhere else.

I mean, it would be awesome if Tilmon wanted to come here, but I have no idea why he'd target KU over Mizzou.

This year our 7'0 center Azubuike is a near lock for the starting lineup and our 6'10 5 star recruit Preston will surely be a one and done. I'm a bit confused as to why the Tilmon to KU rumors are getting any traction.

I think he's a near lock for Mizzou at this point.

duncan_idaho 04-12-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12820807)
I mean, it would be awesome if Tilmon wanted to come here, but I have no idea why he'd target KU over Mizzou.

This year we'll our 7'0 center Azubuike is a near lock for the starting lineup and our 5 star recruit 6'10 Preston will surely be a one and done. I'm a bit confused as to why the Tilmon to KU rumors are getting any traction.

I think he's a near lock for Mizzou at this point.

They're getting traction because the kid wants them to.

Whether that's because the kid really wants to go to kansas or because the kid wants the optics to be better (committing immediately to Mizzou could raise eyebrows more and draw more attention to Mizzou's behavior during his request for release, I suppose), I don't know.

I think it's the latter.

Former doesn't make a ton of sense. Kansas has one spot open and seems to be chasing different positions (SG/PG).

KChiefs1 04-12-2017 11:47 AM

I really really want Mark Smith.

phisherman 04-12-2017 11:59 AM

The original tweet is a little misleading. It's worded to the effect of, "KU to see 2017 big man on Friday!" If you read the link from the tweet though, Kansas is just sending a coach to St. Louis to talk to him.

That's quite a bit different than Tilmon planning an official visit to Lawrence.

http://kansas.247sports.com/Article/...eriod-52268411

Mike in SW-MO 04-12-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12820766)
I'm excited for the season..dad and I used to watch almost every game and I haven't watched a game since Haith was coaching..didn't like that hire and just found something else to do with my time

I'm looking forward to watching Harris play with his ability to create shots for his teammates with his passing

Hopefully not another Wesley Stokes. Quick ball distributor & excellent ball handler. Coukdn' t shoot to save his life. The other teams 5 on 4 and let him shoot all he wanted.

Doubt Harris is or he would not be 4-* but that was my first thought reading your post.

duncan_idaho 04-13-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 12821208)
Hopefully not another Wesley Stokes. Quick ball distributor & excellent ball handler. Coukdn' t shoot to save his life. The other teams 5 on 4 and let him shoot all he wanted.

Doubt Harris is or he would not be 4-* but that was my first thought reading your post.

I think the issue with Stokes is that he was not a quick-twitch guy... not dynamic off the bounce/a threat to take it to the rim and score.

That's where Harris would have an advantage even if he is not a feared perimeter shooter. At 6-2, he has good size and length for a lead guard (I see some Tyshawn Taylor in his athletic profile, though he isn't as polished a product or as good a shooter as Taylor was exiting HS). And he can really elevate to finish.

Put 10-20 good pounds of weight on him, and I think he's got the potential to be a really dynamic PG.

KChiefs1 04-13-2017 09:43 AM

Harris video:

https://youtu.be/wiXYP7L3tXI

DJ's left nut 04-13-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12822410)
I think the issue with Stokes is that he was not a quick-twitch guy... not dynamic off the bounce/a threat to take it to the rim and score.

That's where Harris would have an advantage even if he is not a feared perimeter shooter. At 6-2, he has good size and length for a lead guard (I see some Tyshawn Taylor in his athletic profile, though he isn't as polished a product or as good a shooter as Taylor was exiting HS). And he can really elevate to finish.

Put 10-20 good pounds of weight on him, and I think he's got the potential to be a really dynamic PG.

Yup - Stokes just didn't have a first step.

My hope is that the has the athleticism of Ricky Clemons with the vision of someone like Stokes. If you take Clemons (off-court shit notwithstanding) and make him a 5-6 assist per game PG, that's a damn nice player. He was never a great shooter but he was just quick enough and had just enough handles to slice the lanes and be a steady 10-12 ppg threat (who often scored more because his usage rate was too high).

I think worst case scenario you end up with Jimmy McKinney. McKinney never turned into the dynamic, do everything guard I thought he'd be when he got to campus, but when he got a little more run as a senior, you saw flashes of the player that he could've been with more time to develop early in his career.

I think you could get a 12/6/2 PG out of Harris pretty easily with a good enough mid-range game to get his 12 points off 8-10 shots and 4-6ish FTAs.

A lot of the assist numbers will depend on his supporting cast but given reasonably productive scorers around him that allow him to distribute, that seems reasonable. You'd love to see the Sophomore version of Phil Pressey, before he decided he was going to be NBA bound and turned to a lot of hero ball and shot jacking his senior year. Give him Pressey's arc through the first two years and then continue it for years 3 and 4 and you'll have a hell of a career.

dlphg9 04-13-2017 10:25 AM

How God damn nice is it going to be to watch a competent team and not have to listen to old Kermit croak his way through an interview. I get more excited each day.

Titty Meat 04-13-2017 10:55 AM

Where's the Travon Bryant tho?

duncan_idaho 04-13-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 12822531)
How God damn nice is it going to be to watch a competent team and not have to listen to old Kermit croak his way through an interview. I get more excited each day.

Super nice.

Also don't think Cuonzo will be making excuses left and right like ol' Kim was apt to do, which also will be nice.

RustShack 04-13-2017 12:52 PM

I'm trying to get down there for the Iowa State Mizzou game this year. A lot of young talent on both sides.

Prison Bitch 04-13-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12822854)
I'm trying to get down there for the Iowa State Mizzou game this year. A lot of young talent on both sides.

You don't have any.

RustShack 04-13-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12822870)
You don't have any.

😂 Right

duncan_idaho 04-13-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12822854)

Wigginton looks like a player and is a huge get for Iowa State.

Should be fun.

KChiefs1 04-14-2017 10:22 AM

BOVADA odds:
https://twitter.com/dave_matter/stat...00614522765312

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb0412aa5e.jpg

Prison Bitch 04-14-2017 10:27 AM

AZ should be 1

Mizzou_8541 04-14-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12822410)

Is Roberts going to play the 2?

KChiefs1 04-14-2017 12:48 PM

Will Porter convince Knox to Mizzou?

https://twitter.com/adamzagoria/stat...32842480861185

KChiefs1 04-14-2017 01:38 PM

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...37b30f57f.html

Quote:

2. ANY O FOR CUONZO?

Lots has been made of Cuonzo Martin’s offense. It’s been called primitive and frustrating. We all know Martin can coach defense. Five of his last six teams at Cal and Tennessee ranked among the nation’s top 75 for adjusted defensive efficiency (kenpom.com). Four of those six teams were in the top 40 and three in the top 20. What about offense? Martin’s teams have been defined by pace — a relatively slooooooooow pace.

Of his nine teams at Cal, Tennessee and Missouri State, eight ranked 200 or higher in adjusted tempo. Six of nine ranked higher than 250. This past season, his Cal Bears ranked 289. For an SEC comparison, that would put them in the vicinity of Vanderbilt (No. 284) and Alabama (No. 302) in terms of tempo. Martin’s nine teams have averaged a tempo ranking of 255. Under Kim Anderson, Frank Haith and Mike Anderson, Mizzou’s tempo ranking reached the 200s only once: 279 in 2014-15, Kim Anderson’s first year.

But slow tempo doesn’t correlate to bad offense. Martin’s first Missouri State team ranked No. 230 in adjusted offensive efficiency, but five of his other eight teams ranked in the top 100, three in the top 50. His 2014 Tennessee team that reached the Sweet 16 ranked No. 15 nationally — higher than Arizona, Villanova, Gonzaga, Notre Dame, North Carolina among many more with traditionally efficient offenses.

Martin has said his team’s offensive style has been shaped by the caliber of talent on his roster. His last Tennessee team was his most talented, featuring Josh Richardson, Jarnell Stokes and Jordan McRae. His most offensively efficient Cal team in 2015-16 (No. 52) featured his most talented roster, led by five-star freshmen Jaylen Brown and Ivan Rabb.

Martin could have his most talented roster this fall at Mizzou depending on how recruiting turns out the next few weeks, but we know he’ll have at least one five-star wunderkind in Porter Jr. — and, perhaps, a new offensive philosophy. Newly hired assistant Cornell Mann plans to install an NBA-inspired offense built around spacing and free-flowing action. Mann described his offense, absorbed through four years of coaching under Fred Hoiberg at Iowa State, as a system of NBA actions — not set plays — built within the structure of an offensive philosophy. What does that mean? We’ll find out this fall, but a peek at Hoiberg’s advanced metrics signal a different style of offense from Martin’s standard.

Hoiberg’s last four teams at Iowa State ranked Nos. 10, 11, 25 and 121 in tempo.

When it came to offensive efficiency, the Cyclones ranked Nos. 12, 10, 8 and 24.

Only one team ranked higher in offensive efficiency than Iowa State in all four years Mann was on staff: Duke.
Quote:

4. HOOPS RECRUITING

Martin was expected to meet with East St. Louis forward Jeremiah Tilmon on Friday, the first day since last Sunday that coaches are allowed to have in-person contact with recruits. An East St. Louis source said Kansas and North Carolina have also shown interest in the 6-10 big man.

As for five-star small forward Kevin Knox, he’s in Brooklyn this week with Porter for Friday’s Jordan Brand Classic. (Porter is iffy to play in the all-star game because of a sore back.) Knox has put off any announcement about his college choice to late April or early May. Here’s what his father, Kevin Knox Sr., had to say about the prospect of Knox and Porter playing together in an interview from earlier this week with KFNS 590’s Frank Cusamano: “That’s what piques the interest of everyone. Having Michael Porter at 6-10, explosive, good shooter, high IQ playing with another person who’s 6-9, high IQ, explosive (and a) passer. To have those two individuals, you now have to start talking about the possibility of LeBron Jams and Kyrie (Irving) playing together. The late Oklahoma (City) Thunder when Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant. Right now, Golden State with Kevin Durant and Steph Curry. Back when the Boston Celtics had Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett (who) came together to win a championship. Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, two Hall of Famers. When you start putting that kind of talent on the same floor … and we’re not talking about collegiately. It’s the NBA scouts who are saying these two guys are special. You start putting those dynamics and tools together you definitely have something special.”

Also this from Knox Sr.: His 17-year-old son just went up in shoe size from 18 to 18.5. “His feet are still growing,” dad said, “so he’s still growing, so therefore he’ll probably still grow (taller than 6-9).

Should Mizzou land Knox, Martin’s team would join select company in one regard. In the last three years, only these schools have signed multiple McDonald’s All-Americans in the same year: Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, LSU, UCLA, Texas, Arizona and Cal. Should Missouri join their company, Martin would be the only coach to make the list at two schools.

The final Rivals.com Class of 2017 rankings came out this week. Here’s where Mizzou’s signees and remaining targets were rated:

Porter, No. 1 (signed with MU)

Knox, No. 9 (Tampa forward, undecided)

Tilmon, No. 42 (East St. Louis forward, undecided)

Mark Smith, No. 52 (Edwardsville guard, undecided)

C.J. Roberts, No. 104 (signed with MU)

Blake Harris, No. 131 (signed with MU)

No player ranked No. 1 on Rivals.com’s annual list has played more than one year in college. The NBA’s current draft eligibility rules have been in place since the 2006 draft, requiring players to attend at least one year in college before entering the draft. Every No. 1 ranked player since the rule went into effect played in the NCAA Tournament his only year in college. Here’s the list of top-ranked recruits, their college choice and their freshman season team results.

2017: Michael Porter Jr., Missouri … ???

2016: Josh Jackson, Kansas … 31-5, lost in Elite 8

2015: Skal Labissiere, Kentucky … 27-9, lost in round of 32

2014: Jahlil Okafor, Duke … 35-4, won national championship

2013: Andrew Wiggins, Kansas … 25-10, lost in round of 32

2012: Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA, 25-10, lost in first round

2011: Austin Rivers, Duke … 27-7, lost in first round

2010: Josh Selby, Kansas … 35-3, lost in Elite 8

2009: John Wall, Kentucky … 35-3, lost in Elite 8

2008: B.J. Mullens, Ohio State … 22-11, lost in first round

2007: Michael Beasley, Kansas State … 21-12, lost in round of 32

2006: Greg Oden, Ohio State … 35-4, lost in championship game

2005: Gerald Green, NBA draft

2004: Dwight Howard, NBA draft

2003: LeBron James, NBA draft

duncan_idaho 04-14-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 12824258)
Is Roberts going to play the 2?

He might defend the two, depending on who's on the floor with him ... but his passing ability and creativity make him a point, IMO.

Probably spends some time coming off the bench early in the year, imagine Phillips will start.

Pitt Gorilla 04-15-2017 12:16 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;Fact or fiction: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mizzou?src=hash">#Mizzou</a> Basketball will be a blast to watch this year?&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterBurnsESPN">@PeterBurnsESPN</a> <br><br>&quot;That&#39;s a fact.&quot; - <a href="https://twitter.com/CuonzoMartin">@CuonzoMartin</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MIZ?src=hash">#MIZ</a> 🐯🏀 <a href="https://t.co/Q5not6e4TF">pic.twitter.com/Q5not6e4TF</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/status/852921038937522177">April 14, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KChiefs1 04-15-2017 04:22 PM

https://twitter.com/adamzagoria/stat...40948092395520

wutamess 04-20-2017 08:23 AM

You guys are letting me down... This is the only place I know to look for my MU bball news and it's burried. No new updates?

dlphg9 04-20-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 12831849)
You guys are letting me down... This is the only place I know to look for my MU bball news and it's burried. No new updates?

You mean you don't read Tiger board?

wutamess 04-20-2017 08:43 AM

Don't have a lot of time so I catch up on a lot from CP. Never heard of TB

dlphg9 04-20-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 12831882)
Don't have a lot of time so I catch up on a lot from CP. Never heard of TB

It's a shit show lol. Worst format for a message board you'll ever see.

WhawhaWhat 04-20-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 12831882)
Never heard of TB

Probably for the better.

Sure-Oz 04-20-2017 08:41 PM

Damnit

@OscarGambler: Yeah, Kevin Knox is going to Duke.

Sure-Oz 04-20-2017 08:46 PM

Hopefully they get Tillmon...Guess the above post is based on something on tiger board and Knox or someone saying they wish they could've gotten to c. Martin better....ugh

dlphg9 04-20-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12833239)
Hopefully they get Tillmon...Guess the above post is based on something on tiger board and Knox or someone saying they wish they could've gotten to c. Martin better....ugh

Well shit, if it's from TB I have little faith in the report

Priest31kc 04-20-2017 08:59 PM

Damn. Was fun dreaming big for a second. Oh well. Hope we can still land Tilmon. Top 10 recruiting class with the #1 player after the last 3 years we've had to endure? I'll take it.

Sure-Oz 04-20-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 12833275)
Well shit, if it's from TB I have little faith in the report

Actually I meant to type missouri rivals board Carrington Harrison posted the link but you gotta be premium

Brent Williams 04-20-2017 09:20 PM

Just seen on twitter where they said Knox is down to Duke and Missouri. They thought it would be Missouri with Allen returning to Duke now. Still a chance!!!!

KChiefs1 04-20-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent Williams (Post 12833367)
Just seen on twitter where they said Knox is down to Duke and Missouri. They thought it would be Missouri with Allen returning to Duke now. Still a chance!!!!

It's going to be Duke.

Sure-Oz 04-20-2017 09:40 PM

@SamTSnelling: Read into it what you want, Missouri isn’t out https://twitter.com/seanwest_2/statu...63936349917184

Sure-Oz 04-20-2017 09:41 PM

Sam also believes Tilmon will be a tiger but doesn't expect any news till May

Jerm 04-20-2017 09:54 PM

MPJ will be in Knox's ear the entire time until he makes his decision....he's got us this far with him so I'm not doubting he can convince him to come.

I think it's us or Duke....

KChiefs1 04-21-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 12833523)
MPJ will be in Knox's ear the entire time until he makes his decision....he's got us this far with him so I'm not doubting he can convince him to come.

I think it's us or Duke....

From the KC Star:

Father of Kevin Knox II breaks down recruiting pitches by Mizzou, four other schools

The couches inside the living room of the Knox family home earned their fair share of wear and tear this past week.

Years after the recruitment process began for Kevin Knox II, the five-star, 6-foot-9 forward from Tampa, Fla., five college basketball coaches stopped by his house to give their final pitches in hopes of earning a pledge from one of the top uncommitted recruits in the 2017 class.

Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton and Kentucky’s John Calipari visited Tuesday, while North Carolina’s Roy Williams, Missouri’s Cuonzo Martin and Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski spent time with the family Wednesday.

“It was a once in a lifetime thing,” Knox’s father, Kevin Knox Sr., said in a phone conversation with The Kansas City Star on Friday. “When you hit all the benchmarks of your high school career and then, for it to come down to the last, final day of recruiting and all those guys come through, it was good. It was pretty exciting.”

Knox is expected to announce his college decision between May 1 and 7, according to Knox Sr. The visits came just days after Knox played in the Jordan Brand Classic.

Knox Sr. said he has heard many of the pitches and, by now, redundancy is prevalent. Still, he was impressed by what each coach had to offer.

Krzyzewski, Knox Sr. said, pitched “what he’s pitched the last two years” in that Knox can step in for Jayson Tatum, who declared for the NBA Draft on March 22. Williams, too, pushed a similar narrative in reference to Justin Jackson, who was crucial in the Tar Heels’ national championship run. Jackson declared for the NBA Draft on April 13.

Kentucky spoke about Knox’s ability to play the two-guard, while Florida State went with “a unique approach,” Knox Sr. said.

A former Florida State wide receiver and national championship winner under coach Bobby Bowden, Knox Sr. said Hamilton compared Knox II to Syracuse’s 2003 national championship team with Carmelo Anthony, now a 10-time NBA All-Star.

The pitch? Knox II would be Florida State’s 2018 version of Anthony.

“I thought that was really good,” Knox Sr. said. “For their 2018 team, they were going player for player that won the national championship (with Syracuse) with Kevin being Carmelo. It was amazing because they’re similar sized when both entered college.”

Missouri’s pitch was a bit different because of the Tigers’ late arrival to the Knox II sweepstakes. Knox Sr. said he enjoyed visiting with Martin, who compared Knox offensively to Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown, who Martin coached at California.

Cuonzo Martin has 'whirlwind' start as Mizzou basketball coach

New University of Missouri Tigers men's basketball coach Cuonzo Martin visited Kansas City on Wednesday and discussed his whirlwind start to the job, his plans and vision with Kansas City Star sports columnists Blair Kerkhoff, Sam Mellinger and Vahe Gregorian.

Shelly Yang The Kansas City Star
“He’s a good coach, he’s a disciplinarian and I’m a disciplinarian dad, so I kind of liked that whole spiel,” Knox Sr. said. “He’d allow him to play. Obviously, with him and Michael Porter, he’s going to allow them to play.”

Two weeks ago, the Knoxes visited Columbia along with Missouri signees Porter Jr. and Blake Harris. Admittedly, Knox Sr. said he was surprised by the school that jumped in on his son late because of Martin’s hiring and Porter Jr.’s commitment.

“I was actually impressed with the campus, man. We didn’t realize that the amenities that they had were like that,” Knox Sr. said. “The facilities are top notch, and it’s almost like a hidden gem in the Midwest, if you ask me. Columbia is away from St. Louis, so it’s more of a college town.

“Something like that, being in such a secluded neck of the area in the Midwest, and to go there and it be like an oasis it was like, wow. I didn’t know the practice facility and the facility was just so top notch. It was really nice.”

In past weeks, the Knox family has met often to discuss the looming decision. With three or four of those meetings remaining, Knox Sr. said his his last message to his son will be: “Are you comfortable with the decision that you’re going to make? Because ultimately, you’re the person that’s going to have to live with that.”

Knox Sr. remembers his decision, and is appreciative that his parents did not force him to play football at Alabama, Miami, LSU, Georgia or Florida. Why? It allowed him to meet his now wife, Michelle, and without her, he said “there’d be no Knox II.”

That’s why, with just days until his son will come to a conclusion, he’s proud. He’s proud his son is reaching a dream, which explains his current attitude.

“At this point in time, to be honest with you, I really don’t care where my son goes to school,” Knox Sr. said. “I’m very happy with the five schools that he’s selected. If he chooses Missouri, I’m good with it. If he goes to Florida State — obviously being a Florida State alum — I’m good with it. You can’t go wrong with Krzyzewski, the national champion North Carolina Tar Heels and then of course, Kentucky.

“You can’t go wrong with any of them.”

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2017 06:57 PM

Duke will snag him with coin

KChiefs1 04-22-2017 09:19 AM

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/st...98041156227072
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1aaa840130.jpg

Stargazer 04-22-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12835035)

Hearing Knox isn't happening which could be one reason for Jontay's possible re-classification.