ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299231)

Prison Bitch 07-06-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12302492)
I guess I was thinking in terms of best basketball prospects, not success of class. Rush and charmers take the cake on that one.

Oh and Embiid is so ****ing talented that he was taken third overall despite multiple injuries. If both players are healthy every single franchise would take Embiid over Wiggins. Seven footers who love like that don't come along... Ever.

That's some impressive revisionist history. Of course, we had dozens of recruiting experts who followed them all year and on all the postseason games, and not one - not one - rated Embiid anywhere near Wiggins. As for pro scouts: At no point during their FR season did Wiggins fall any lower than #2 prospect and nearly every mock draft all year, he was #1.

Embiid has substantial potential but acting like he was the next Olajuwon or Ewing is laughable. He had terrible foul and turnover #s at KU. His physical measurables are fairly similar to Jahlil Okafor who isn't exactly the 2nd coming.

Prison Bitch 07-06-2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 12302639)
Its all speculation, of course, until Embiid proves he can come back and actually shows what he can do at the NBA level.

That said, Embiid, if he had been injury free, would have led us to the NCAA Title. That team, despite Wiggins, despite Black actually playing really well as his replacement, just did not have the chemistry and intimidation they had with Embiid.

Wiggins needs to develop into a deadly outside shooter for me to say I would take him over Embiid. Doesn't necessarily need to be from three (though that would help), but enough that it really keeps the defense on tilt as to what he's going to do. That's not to say he doesn't have a good outside shot. It just isn't what opponents fear about his game. They are much more willing to back off to protect the drive than they are to challenge his outside jumper. When I think of a player dominating at his position, like Jordan or Kobe, you couldn't lay off on their jumper.

Embiid, OTH, up until his injury, was flashing all the signs of being a truly dominant force in the paint. When I think of him in comparison to Wilt, Shaq or Olajawan, I don't pause as much to say, "Well, he really doesn't have this part in his game". He had it all, and you could tell. I realize he gets a huge benefit of the doubt from the injury and therefore we haven't put anything to a real test. But think about this for a second: The 76ers are willing to part with either of their fairly productive big men as a trade, but Embiid is "off the table". Its not just rabid KU fans that see it. Word is his outside shot is more than serviceable as well.

So, even though we don't have a real "apples to apples" comparison, if I were a GM wanting to build a franchise, I would take Embiid over Wiggins. But, I'm perfectly willing to say that gap closes considerably if Wiggins hones that outside jumper to make his drive and athleticism even more deadly.

The center position has never been less relevant in the NBA than it is now. The game is substantially different than it was even 5-7 years ago. Post up Centers who block shots have lost tons of their former value.

HolyHandgernade 07-06-2016 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12302848)
The center position has never been less relevant in the NBA than it is now. The game is substantially different than it was even 5-7 years ago. Post up Centers who block shots have lost tons of their former value.

That may be true, generally. But the game is changed by players, not schemes. When a dominant player comes in with unique skills, the innovative coach adapts the team strategy to it, and if it wins, everybody copies. Durant goes to Golden State as their center because how beat up they were getting due to their lack of length. Sure, he can play stretch 4 and do other things with the ball, but they brought him to be their Center.

sedated 07-06-2016 10:10 AM

Every PB post is pretty much the same - "X is a popular player, let me shit on him any way I can find". And yet people can't help but fall for it.

Mr. Plow 07-06-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12302797)
You're just butt-hurt nobody agrees with your idiotic comment "Self runs the best program in America"

Post that stupidity across several random team fan boards and report back the reaction.

:facepalm:

HolyHandgernade 07-06-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12302823)
That's some impressive revisionist history. Of course, we had dozens of recruiting experts who followed them all year and on all the postseason games, and not one - not one - rated Embiid anywhere near Wiggins. As for pro scouts: At no point during their FR season did Wiggins fall any lower than #2 prospect and nearly every mock draft all year, he was #1.

Embiid has substantial potential but acting like he was the next Olajuwon or Ewing is laughable. He had terrible foul and turnover #s at KU. His physical measurables are fairly similar to Jahlil Okafor who isn't exactly the 2nd coming.

Its not revisionist, you're using some dubious statements. Almost everyone before the injury scare had Embiid #1. Towns went #1 last year and won ROY. Embiid did not have the basketball background Olajuwon and Ewing had, and both his turnover and fouls decreased as the season went on. His learning curve went up dramatically. Okafor was heavier than Embiid coming out of college and their games are not the same.

I have no problem with someone preferring Wiggins. But like I said earlier, he's still got to develop that killer jumper. If, as you said, the NBA has currently changed into a shooters league, that isn't an endorsement for Wiggins. What Wiggins does have is incredible height, reach and athleticism for his position which means he's better suited at taking his man down low where he has the obvious advantage.

saphojunkie 07-06-2016 12:51 PM

Prison Bitch is literally wrong about everything. It's amazing.

Shot blocking centers are so out of fashion that Biyombo and Mosgov just got 70 million dollar deals.

they're so unnecessary that, after Bogut went down, the Warriors - the best shooting team in history - didn't win another game.

And Embiid isn't just a back-to-the-basket player who can block shots. He also has a shooting stroke and the most deadly array of post moves of any player coming out of college since Shaquille O'Neal.

And Rick Pitino said that Embiid was the #1 overall pick - not Wiggins - back during the SUMMER before the season got started.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Wiggins-Embiid

"Rick Pitino cites Joel Embiid as the most impressive recruit in the class of 2013."

Chief Pagan 07-06-2016 03:15 PM

I can see taking Wiggins first, because he has such a high floor. Even if he never dominates, he has great odds of being a long term starter. Embiid might never come back from injuries.
But Embiid has such a high ceiling. For somebody that came to basketball late in his game, he looks fluid. His free throw and outside shooting always looked smooth, compared to so many big guys that always look awkward.
I know PB is just trolling, but lol about saying Embiid isn't that athletic. There aren't any true 7+ footers in the NBA that has his athleticism (when he was healthy).

Prison Bitch 07-06-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 12302897)
Every PB post is pretty much the same - "X is a popular player, let me shit on him any way I can find". And yet people can't help but fall for it.

False, as usual. KCConnect made an absurd easily disprovable claim. I'm not bashing Embiid in the least, but there's zero (and I mean zero) evidence he's better at basketball than Wiggins, or would ever be. Let alone "not even close".

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...5tlofry67f.gif

Prison Bitch 07-06-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 12303304)
I know PB is just trolling, but lol about saying Embiid isn't that athletic. ).

True that, I can't imagine anyone would say that.

HolyHandgernade 07-06-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12303339)
False, as usual. KCConnect made an absurd easily disprovable claim. I'm not bashing Embiid in the least, but there's zero (and I mean zero) evidence he's better at basketball than Wiggins, or would ever be. Let alone "not even close".

Saw a clip of Wiggins really working on his jumper. Really hope it all comes together for him this year!

KC_Connection 07-06-2016 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12302823)
As for pro scouts: At no point during their FR season did Wiggins fall any lower than #2 prospect and nearly every mock draft all year, he was #1.

http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index....r-wiggins.html
Quote:

So with a week to go until the 2014 NBA draft, here's a look at the lottery picks from the latest experts mock drafts.

Chad Ford, ESPN.com (Insider) | Complete mock draft

Cleveland Cavaliers: Joel Embiid, C - Kansas
Milwaukee Bucks: Jabari Parker, SF - Duke
Philadelphia 76ers: Andrew Wiggins, SG/SF - Kansas
Orlando Magic: Dante Exum, PG - Australia
Utah Jazz: Noah Vonleh, PF - Indiana
Boston Celtics: Aaron Gordon, F - Arizona
Los Angeles Lakers: Marcus Smart, PG - Oklahoma State
Sacramento Kings: Elfrid Payton, PG - Louisiana Lafayette
Charlotte Hornets: Doug McDermott, SF - Creighton
Philadelphia 76ers: Julius Randle, F - Kentucky
Denver Nuggets: Gary Harris, SG - Michigan State
Orlando Magic: Dario Saric, PF - Croatia
Minnesota Timberwolves: Nik Stauskas, SG - Michigan
Phoenix Suns: James Young, SG/SF - Kentucky

Chris Mannix, SI.com | Complete mock draft

Cavs: Joel Embiid, C - Kansas
Bucks: Andrew Wiggins, SG/SF - Kansas
76ers: Parker, SF - Duke
Magic: Marcus Smart, PG - Oklahoma State
Jazz: Dante Exum, PG - Australia
Celtics: Aaron Gordon, F - Arizona
Lakers: Noah Vonleh, PF - Indiana
Kings: Julius Randle, F - Kentucky
Hornets: Doug McDermott, SF - Creighton
76ers: Nik Stauskas, SG - Michigan
Nuggets: Gary Harris, SG - Michigan State
Magic: Rodney Hood, SF - Duke
Timberwolves: Adreian Payne, F - Michigan State
Suns: Dario Saric, PF - Croatia

DraftExpress.com | Complete mock draft

Bucks: Jabari Parker, SF - Duke
76ers: Andrew Wiggins, SG/SF - Kansas
Magic: Dante Exum, PG - Australia
Jazz: Noah Vonleh, PF - Indiana
Celtics: Marcus Smart, PG - Oklahoma State
Lakers: Julius Randle, F - Kentucky
Kings: Doug McDermott, SF - Creighton
Hornets: Nik Stauskas, SG - Michigan
76ers: Aaron Gordon, F - Arizona
Nuggets: Dario Saric, PF - Croatia
Magic: Jusuf Nurkic, C - Bosnia
Timberwolves: Rodney Hood, SF - Duke
Suns: Gary Harris, SG - Michigan State

Scott Howard-Cooper, NBA.com | Complete mock draft

Jazz: Julius Randle, F - Kentucky
Celtics: Noah Vonleh, PF - Indiana
Lakers: Aaron Gordon, F - Arizona
Kings: Marcus Smart, PG - Oklahoma State
76ers: Nik Stauskas, SG - Michigan
Nuggets: Dario Saric, PF - Croatia
Magic: Rodney Hood, SF - Duke
Timberwolves: Adreian Payne, PF - Michigan State
Suns: Gary Harris, SG - Michigan State

Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports | Complete mock draft

Jazz: Noah Vonleh, PF - Indiana
Celtics: Aaron Gordon, F - Arizona
Lakers: Julius Randle, F - Kentucky
Kings: Marcus Smart, PG - Oklahoma State
76ers: Dario Saric, PF - Croatia
Nuggets: Gary Harris, SG - Michigan State
Magic: James Young, SG/SF - Kentucky
Timberwolves: Adreian Payne, PF - Michigan State
Suns: Nik Stauskas, SG - Michigan
More NBA mock drafts:

NBADraft.net: 1. Joel Embiid; 2. Andrew Wiggins; 3. Jabari Parker
SBNation.com: 1. Joel Embiid; 2. Jabari Parker; 3. Andrew Wiggins
CBSSports.com: 1. Joel Embiid; 2. Andrew Wiggins; 3. Jabari Parker
Remarkable just how bad PB is at this. LMAO

Prison Bitch 07-07-2016 10:26 AM

Chad Forde? Good gawd, he released 11 Mocks that year and Embiid was #6 on his last one you blathering idiot:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...d-saric-for-cs

These gurus constantly release pointless "new info" the last few weeks to drive web traffic from simpletons like you who don't know any better. I could rebut those others point-by-point but you'd never know the game being played.

saphojunkie 07-07-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12303339)

http://rockchalkblog.com/wp-content/...embiid-gif.gif

Just stop.

saphojunkie 07-07-2016 10:46 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GzjiqSubaAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

saphojunkie 07-07-2016 10:51 AM

*Can score with either hand.
*Baby hook, sky hook, running hook... all with either hand.
*Pull up jumper.
*3 point range.
*Up and under.
*Drop step.
*Euro step.
*Uses 360 degrees of the rim, doesn't have to score from any particular angle.
*Equal parts Hakeem and Dr. J either posting up, or using escape dribble to then reverse and penetrate.
*Ferocious rebounder.
*True 7' rim protector with instincts.
*Ridiculous feet.
*Extremely athletic.

SAUTO 07-07-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12304283)
Chad Forde? Good gawd, he released 11 Mocks that year and Embiid was #6 on his last one you blathering idiot:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...d-saric-for-cs

These gurus constantly release pointless "new info" the last few weeks to drive web traffic from simpletons like you who don't know any better. I could rebut those others point-by-point but you'd never know the game being played.

you are a ****ing dumbass

Demonpenz 07-07-2016 12:07 PM

Embid hasn't show shit yet.

Lzen 07-08-2016 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12304316)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GzjiqSubaAs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn, I forgot how dominant that guy became as the season wore on. Imagine if he had stayed healthy for the NCAA tourney. KU would have gone far and possibly would have won the whole thing. :(

BWillie 07-08-2016 08:53 AM

I'm tired of the arguing in the KU threads! Embiid and Wiggins were and are both amazing players. Let's hope they both perform well in the NBA and create buzz for KU.

I cannot wait for KU basketball season. I love it, every year, always. No matter how good we are but I think this is going to be a special year if Udoka develops. We really need a interior presence and while Landen will be formidable, if Udoka develops into a beast this team is damn near unstoppable. Also, KU finally going to Vegas Dec 22nd. Debating whether to tell my family to EFF off and just go anyway....I don't know if I can pass up KU in Vegas trouncing those UNLV scoundrels

BigRedChief 07-08-2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12306192)
I'm tired of the arguing in the KU threads! Embiid and Wiggins were and are both amazing players. Let's hope they both perform well in the NBA and create buzz for KU.

All I did was ask what was peoples opinions of our best recruiting class.:shrug:

Lzen 07-08-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12306252)
All I did was ask what was peoples opinions of our best recruiting class.:shrug:

Instigator!!

:cuss:

Prison Bitch 07-08-2016 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12304325)
*Can score with either hand.
*Baby hook, sky hook, running hook... all with either hand.
*Pull up jumper.
*3 point range.
*Up and under.
*Drop step.
*Euro step.
*Uses 360 degrees of the rim, doesn't have to score from any particular angle.
*Equal parts Hakeem and Dr. J either posting up, or using escape dribble to then reverse and penetrate.
*Ferocious rebounder.
*True 7' rim protector with instincts.
*Ridiculous feet.
*Extremely athletic.

You saw all that in only ~10 college starts? Ok sure. At any rate he will get his chance to prove all these opinions this season. Hell, maybe next if he can't go. Or maybe the year after, or maybe 2025.

HolyHandgernade 07-08-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12306192)

I cannot wait for KU basketball season. I love it, every year, always. No matter how good we are but I think this is going to be a special year if Udoka develops. We really need a interior presence and while Landen will be formidable, if Udoka develops into a beast this team is damn near unstoppable. Also, KU finally going to Vegas Dec 22nd. Debating whether to tell my family to EFF off and just go anyway....I don't know if I can pass up KU in Vegas trouncing those UNLV scoundrels

If Udoka is progressing as fast as the reports say he is, Duke has a hell of a game coming up! A dominant big man was what this team was missing. Lucas is a damn fine serviceable big man, but he doesn't intimidate as much as he "does his job" efficiently. Even if Udoka comes in and gives us quality minutes the way Embiid started out his freshman season, its a huge plus for us. Having a presence like that opposite Bragg would be absolutely marvelous!

saphojunkie 07-09-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12307053)
You saw all that in only ~10 college starts? Ok sure. At any rate he will get his chance to prove all these opinions this season. Hell, maybe next if he can't go. Or maybe the year after, or maybe 2025.

Yes, I did.

Rick Pitino saw it in one practice.

You, apparently, didn't see it ever. Mostly likely because it didn't happen in your rectum, which is your head is most of the time.

RealSNR 07-09-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 12307248)
If Udoka is progressing as fast as the reports say he is, Duke has a hell of a game coming up! A dominant big man was what this team was missing. Lucas is a damn fine serviceable big man, but he doesn't intimidate as much as he "does his job" efficiently. Even if Udoka comes in and gives us quality minutes the way Embiid started out his freshman season, its a huge plus for us. Having a presence like that opposite Bragg would be absolutely marvelous!

I'm really freakin excited to watch Bragg this season

Meatloaf 07-09-2016 04:36 PM

This is gonna be a fun team to watch this year in that they're going to need to rely on someone other than the old standards (e.g. Perry and Selden). Anxious to see the new faces!!!

saphojunkie 07-09-2016 05:28 PM

I love the way Bragg plays. Just seems like a naturally smart player. Hopefully he has put some weight on.

Meatloaf 07-09-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12308726)
I love the way Bragg plays. Just seems like a naturally smart player. Hopefully he has put some weight on.

Yup, I like this kid too. Would like to see more weight and maybe improve his passing skills too. The ball seemed to kinda get stuck when it got passed to him as I think he's a shooter first, second and third. Maybe passing the ball should be higher than fourth on his bball priority list!

ArrowheadHawk 07-09-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12308613)
This is gonna be a fun team to watch this year in that they're going to need to rely on someone other than the old standards (e.g. Perry and Selden). Anxious to see the new faces!!!

My guess is Devonte and Frank will fill in that role.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Buehler445 07-09-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12308513)
I'm really freakin excited to watch Bragg this season

Hopefully Hudy is crushing him this summer.

C3HIEF3S 07-18-2016 01:07 PM

The No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament just got a huge reward

Changes coming to to NCAA Tournament include a new committee chairman and seeding procedures
Matt Norlander

Quote:

Even though the NCAA Tournament is eight months away, we've got a hefty update on some upcoming changes.
One twist coming next season: The No. 1 overall seed will be able to choose the location of its first two games of the tournament. So if that team is Duke, or Kentucky, or Kansas, or whichever school gets put atop the 1-68 seed list, that program will get to pick where it plays its first and second-round games.
"Preferences would be communicated by teams in contention for the overall No. 1 seed far in advance of Selection Sunday in a process to be determined," the NCAA said in a statement.

This means a handful of teams will look at all eight first-weekend sites and let the selection committee know which one it prefers. The top-seeded program won't know which team(s) it'll be playing, but it will get dibs on digs, which is a nice little update.

Cities playing host to first and second-round NCAA tournament games next March are Buffalo, Milwaukee, Orlando, Salt Lake City, Greensboro, Indianapolis, Tulsa and Sacramento. The other teams in the field will continue to be at the mercy of the selection committee. If anything, this adds even more emphasis to overall résumé and could keep importance on league tournaments.

Speaking of that, in an effort to put more meaning on league tournament results throughout the sport, the committee -- per the request of the National Association of Basketball Coaches' newly formed ad hoc committee -- will continue to weigh a regular-season title with just as much meaning as a league postseason championship.

Remember, the NABC's ad hoc group was put into motion this year for the first time in order to keep the selection committee's process more educated on considerate of many facets of the selection, seeding and bracketing undertaking.

The NABC also wants an updated composite ranking system -- something as a substitute to RPI -- and so the NCAA says it will take a close look at altering its analytical measures in that regard. But a change there isn't coming until 2017-18 at the earliest, stating, "The basketball committee supported in concept revising the current ranking system utilized in the selection and seeding process, and will work collaboratively with select members of the NABC ad hoc group to study a potentially more effective composite ranking system."

Additionally, the NABC seems to be on track with insisting certain criteria as critical to seeding and selection. Namely, asking the selection committee to put even more emphasis on non-conference strength of schedule, road and neutral victories, quality wins and overall strength of schedule. (These practices are in place, but there is still tweaking to be done, evidenced by Monmouth's inexcusable absence from last year's field.)
Last year, for the first time, the NCAA opted to hold its selection process for the tournament in New York City. It will do so again in 2017, from March 7-12.

Personnel-wise, longtime Creighton AD Bruce Rasmussen has been named the chair for the 2018 NCAA Tournament. He'll succeed Michigan State AD Mark Hollis, who will serve his fifth and final year on the committee this upcoming season.
"I am humbled and honored to be selected by my peers for a leadership role on the Men's Basketball Committee," Rasmussen, who coached Creighton in women's basketball for 12 seasons, from 1980-1992, said."It is an incredible honor to be a part of it and see up close how meaningful it is to each of the students who are also athletes to participate in the NCAA men's basketball tournament. I never imagined that I would be able to serve the NCAA membership, our students, coaches and basketball fans as a committee member. I am excited about working with our committee, Dan Gavitt and the extremely talented and committed NCAA staff over the next two years."

BWillie 07-18-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12321345)
The No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament just got a huge reward

Changes coming to to NCAA Tournament include a new committee chairman and seeding procedures
Matt Norlander

Does this mean they could play those games at Allen Field House? Otherwise it's pretty stupid. Every #1 seed gets the closest to home pod anyway the 1st weekend.

Buehler445 07-18-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12321805)
Does this mean they could play those games at Allen Field House? Otherwise it's pretty stupid. Every #1 seed gets the closest to home pod anyway the 1st weekend.

Nope. 1 of 8 locations. They get to choose instead of the committee.

BWillie 07-18-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12321810)
Nope. 1 of 8 locations. They get to choose instead of the committee.

LOL who gives a shit. KU gonna get the closest to home anyway as #1 seed. There is no tangible benefit at all. They should have made that for the regionals.

RustShack 07-18-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12321851)
LOL who gives a shit. KU gonna get the closest to home anyway as #1 seed. There is no tangible benefit at all. They should have made that for the regionals.

Well in a way they could pick based on that. Pick the first location based on where they would play after those two rounds.

Prison Bitch 07-18-2016 06:46 PM

If we get a 1 seed this year, we are looking at Tulsa and then KC.

chiefsfan987 07-18-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12321985)
If we get a 1 seed this year, we are looking at Tulsa and then KC.

Pretty sure that would be a good reason to if you were the #1 overall decline the Tulsa site. KU hasn't been very good in the state of Oklahoma lately in both the regular and postseason.

Chief Pagan 07-18-2016 10:32 PM

I think if you get the #1 overall seed, you should be able to pick your opponent. If you are #1 overall, why should you have a "#2" in your bracket (that maybe got put there because of how the NCAA was distributing things around, trying not to have too many teams from the same conference in the same region, etc) that you think is harder than some of the #1s?

Or if some other region has a lot of upsets, why shouldn't you be able to play the Cinderella #5 seed instead of the #2 in your region?

I also think the media analysis over who the #1 picks would be a hoot.

I would do the same in professional sports. Some power team starts the season with their franchise player injured, but gets healthy and squeaks into the #8 seed... Why shouldn't the #1 get to choose another team?

Chief Pagan 07-18-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 12322509)
Pretty sure that would be a good reason to if you were the #1 overall decline the Tulsa site. KU hasn't been very good in the state of Oklahoma lately in both the regular and postseason.

There is no way we would turn down Tulsa/KC because of superstition.

Prison Bitch 07-18-2016 10:54 PM

Well I was in okie 2003 to see us roll Arizona State round 2

sedated 07-19-2016 07:44 AM

Sounds like they wanted to address issues like last year with the Chicago/Louisville thing. But they didn't. Its only the first 2 rounds, not the region.

DJJasonp 07-19-2016 08:27 AM

and they continue to weigh a regular season title as the same as a conference tournament title.

Ridiculous.

RockChalk 07-19-2016 08:44 AM

Any thoughts on LJWorld letting long-time KU Beat Reports Gary Bedore go? Seems like a mistake to me, especially because I know that the players and coaching staff generally like him.

Al Czervik 07-19-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 12322908)
Any thoughts on LJWorld letting long-time KU Beat Reports Gary Bedore go? Seems like a mistake to me, especially because I know that the players and coaching staff generally like him.

I heard many others were let go too....
Screw LJW.....GB is a class act and its a shame they let him go.

sedated 07-19-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 12322908)

Didn't the LJW just change ownership? Probably cutting costs.

C3HIEF3S 07-19-2016 04:53 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It is kind of confusing but I did wanna make clear. I didn&#39;t really get &quot;laid off&quot; in the true sense. The new company elected to not hire gb</p>&mdash; Gary Bedore (@GaryBedore) <a href="https://twitter.com/GaryBedore/status/755256164028289024">July 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445 08-05-2016 10:52 AM

So I hacked up my ankle a month or so ago. I went to the Doctor and he sent me to PT. At PT, 2 of the guys were talking about Johnson. One of them compared him to Keith Langford.

There was a kid that just graduated high school and was a decent enough ballplayer. He seriously said, "who?"

:facepalm: It would be been easier to accept if he'd have just said, you guys are older than dirt.

saphojunkie 08-05-2016 12:38 PM

4 star PG Marcus Garrett verbally commits to KU.
6'5" 180 lbs.
Class of 2017, from Texas.

So... Self only goes after 5 star leftovers in the late signing period and can't land Texas kids... nevermind.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5TP8RpZ5NyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2016/a...ent-marcus-ga/

Spoiler!

Mr. Plow 08-08-2016 12:32 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpWw_MAUEAEz-hm.jpg:large

Fansy the Famous Bard 08-08-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12357445)

http://66.media.tumblr.com/2f5078f33...lBo1qk1op9.gif

sedated 08-08-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12353153)
4 star PG Marcus Garrett verbally commits to KU.
6'5" 180 lbs.
Class of 2017, from Texas.

Sounds more like a combo guard than a PG.

But oh well, great addition hopefully.

Ceej 08-16-2016 09:17 AM

CAN'T WAIT!!

Prison Bitch 09-07-2016 08:02 AM

#1 recruit DeAndre Ayton picks Arizona . Crystal ball had Kansas as an 88% chance to land him:
http://247sports.com/Player/DeAndre-Ayton-29783

Looks like we won't get the top player back to back years (and 3 of last 5 seasons)

Prison Bitch 09-13-2016 08:25 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cr5QkeMV...jpg&name=large

BigRedChief 09-14-2016 06:01 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">KU again makes cut for 5-star forward Billy Preston | By <a href="https://twitter.com/mctait">@mctait</a> <a href="https://t.co/8FW2hsqflL">https://t.co/8FW2hsqflL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kubball?src=hash">#kubball</a> <a href="https://t.co/lWqNUvx4wF">pic.twitter.com/lWqNUvx4wF</a></p>&mdash; KUsports.com (@KUsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/KUsports/status/776134671042088960">September 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

BWillie 09-14-2016 08:01 PM

Im ready for the season to start!

Prison Bitch 09-15-2016 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12426702)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">KU again makes cut for 5-star forward Billy Preston | By <a href="https://twitter.com/mctait">@mctait</a> <a href="https://t.co/8FW2hsqflL">https://t.co/8FW2hsqflL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kubball?src=hash">#kubball</a> <a href="https://t.co/lWqNUvx4wF">pic.twitter.com/lWqNUvx4wF</a></p>&mdash; KUsports.com (@KUsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/KUsports/status/776134671042088960">September 14, 2016</a></blockquote>

Don't we make the cut for like 75% of the top 25 recruits anyway?

saphojunkie 09-21-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12440264)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Landen Lucas eager to help, watch freshman Udoka Azbuike develop | From <a href="https://twitter.com/mctait">@mctait</a>: <a href="https://t.co/qOd4jJnib0">https://t.co/qOd4jJnib0</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/kubball?src=hash">#kubball</a> <a href="https://t.co/vli2b1JXWZ">pic.twitter.com/vli2b1JXWZ</a></p>&mdash; KUsports.com (@KUsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/KUsports/status/778602250516074497">September 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

Correct thread

C3HIEF3S 09-30-2016 10:06 PM

Ready for Late Night (was my first time in AFH today):
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtpxHGiXEAEJYTD.jpg

saphojunkie 10-02-2016 11:56 AM

Hilarious -

2019 PG Markese Jacobs commits to KU after Late Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqYf_ut7OAg

BWillie 10-11-2016 11:01 AM

Not enough KU basketball talk yet from you guys for upcoming season. Lets goo!! This team is gonna be so freaking good.

Prison Bitch 10-11-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12459644)
Hilarious -

2019 PG Markese Jacobs commits to KU after Late Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqYf_ut7OAg

Meh, a 5-10 155lb 3*

sedated 10-11-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12477688)
Meh, a 5-10 155lb 3*

Kinda like Mason. Meh.

BWillie 10-11-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12477688)
Meh, a 5-10 155lb 3*

I'm starting to think players like this have more value than meets the eye. They stay for 4 years. Become solid players. You need players like that and then sprinkle in the Wiggins, Jacksons, Embiids every couple of years.

High School rankings are basically just NBA projections. AN argument can be made that the four year player is more valuable than a one and done Top 5 ranked player, or that a Top 30 2 or 3 and done player is more valuable than a Top 5 one and done.

Prison Bitch 10-11-2016 01:19 PM

I don't really want any more 5-10 guards, thanks. There's a reason our team hasn't done squat starting these gnats.

Reerun_KC 10-11-2016 01:21 PM

Hey guys! Im back!

Bring on the season and perimeter defense...

LMAO

Buehler445 10-11-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12477932)
Hey guys! Im back!

Bring on the season and perimeter defense...

LMAO

So are you banned yet?

Reerun_KC 10-11-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12478157)
So are you banned yet?

Not yet. But I did post in a jayhawk thread and mentioned perimeter defense.

Probably as soon as bearcat sees this he will ban me...

C3HIEF3S 10-11-2016 05:02 PM

What do you guys think of KU playing Duke in NYC 4 days after playing IU in Hawaii? That's some ridiculous distance.

BigRedChief 10-11-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12478349)
What do you guys think of KU playing Duke in NYC 4 days after playing IU in Hawaii? That's some ridiculous distance.

they are young and good. Piece of cake.:hmmm:

Buehler445 10-11-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12478349)

They're going to get bombed. It takes kids awhile to learn the Self way. KU in January is far different than KU early in.

Either way, KU gets bombed. If that kid for Duke with the punchable face has a shit game I'll be happy.

Saccopoo 10-11-2016 11:16 PM

Is Bill Self still the coach?

Chiefspants 10-11-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 12478878)
Is Bill Self still the coach?

He still holds the keys to Lawrence, yes.

BWillie 10-12-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12478874)
They're going to get bombed. It takes kids awhile to learn the Self way. KU in January is far different than KU early in.

Either way, KU gets bombed. If that kid for Duke with the punchable face has a shit game I'll be happy.

I think KU can be every bit as Duke honestly. I'm so high on this team.

Sr. Frank Mason > Jr. Frank Mason
Jr. Devonte Graham > So. Devonte Graham
Fr. Josh Jackson > Jr. Wayne Selden
Sr. Perry Ellis > So. Carlton Bragg (slightly if Bragg is worth a shit on defense at all)
Sr. Landen Lucas > Jr. Landen Lucas

Plus Azubuike coming off the bench swatting shots, throwing his body around and an up and coming Vick and seasoned Svi. No Brannen Greene distraction. This team should be better at EVERYTHING except 3 point shooting, which Self doesn't embrace enough anyway. So in a sense, if there is a strength he may waste, it's 3 point shooting. I love Ellis and Selden, but it really might be addition by subtraction. They just were not very tough players, especially Ellis. Ellis was just too finesse and never really fit the Bill Self mold IMO.

We are going to beat those Duke mother ****ers you will see. You can sleep on a plane. Drink ten red bulls before the game. They'll be fine.

BWillie 10-12-2016 07:33 PM

http://www.si.com/college-basketball...ictions-system

Interesting prediction systme for up coming season

Buehler445 10-12-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12480004)
I think KU can be every bit as Duke honestly. I'm so high on this team.

Sr. Frank Mason > Jr. Frank Mason
Jr. Devonte Graham > So. Devonte Graham
Fr. Josh Jackson > Jr. Wayne Selden
Sr. Perry Ellis > So. Carlton Bragg (slightly if Bragg is worth a shit on defense at all)
Sr. Landen Lucas > Jr. Landen Lucas

Plus Azubuike coming off the bench swatting shots, throwing his body around and an up and coming Vick and seasoned Svi. No Brannen Greene distraction. This team should be better at EVERYTHING except 3 point shooting, which Self doesn't embrace enough anyway. So in a sense, if there is a strength he may waste, it's 3 point shooting. I love Ellis and Selden, but it really might be addition by subtraction. They just were not very tough players, especially Ellis. Ellis was just too finesse and never really fit the Bill Self mold IMO.

We are going to beat those Duke mother ****ers you will see. You can sleep on a plane. Drink ten red bulls before the game. They'll be fine.

If the game was in January, I'd be on board, but Self's teams always look like shit before Christmas.

I really think it comes down to he doesn't gameplan before league. He wants his guys to do things right, then he starts installing looks. Which I'm on board with. You want to build to the end, but it's always frustrating early.

Buehler445 10-12-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12480050)
http://www.si.com/college-basketball...ictions-system

Interesting prediction systme for up coming season

Thanks for reinforcing the fact that Greyson Allen has a punchable face.

BigRedChief 10-12-2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12478243)
Not yet. But I did post in a jayhawk thread and mentioned perimeter defense.

Probably as soon as bearcat sees this he will ban me...

Bearcat hasn't been on the Planet for months.

Reerun_KC 10-12-2016 08:07 PM

Who's our biggest threat this season for the conference title?