ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Anyone here doing the E-Cig / Vape thing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278665)

Buzz 03-25-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10516764)
Sweet. I almost grabbed that one, it was really close. Can you pop in the thread later and let me know how the unit works?

Will do. It's already sooo much better than the wimpy cartridge piece of crap I was using, gonna have to take it easy, got a head rush after a few puffs.

listopencil 03-25-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10516773)
Will do. It's already sooo much better than the wimpy cartridge piece of crap I was using, gonna have to take it easy, got a head rush after a few puffs.

Yeah. A decent vape is completely different from those crappy things.

Buzz 03-25-2014 09:56 PM

Okay, the 10 second vape was jacking with me, after a night of playing with it I figured out take a few vapes, let off the button and then repeat, much better cloud.

listopencil 03-25-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10517258)
Okay, the 10 second vape was jacking with me, after a night of playing with it I figured out take a few vapes, let off the button and then repeat, much better cloud.

Are you getting that "holy shit, this is just like smoking" feeling out of it?

ReynardMuldrake 03-25-2014 10:09 PM

Anybody else like to make their own vape juice?

Buzz 03-25-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10517273)
Are you getting that "holy shit, this is just like smoking" feeling out of it?

Had to put it down, lol. Wow, going to have to cut back on the nicotine level, got the 16mg, kicking my butt right now.

listopencil 03-25-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 10517282)
Anybody else like to make their own vape juice?

I don't but I want to get into it. I want to get my tank choice ironed out first.

listopencil 03-25-2014 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10517286)
Had to put it down, lol. Wow, going to have to cut back on the nicotine level, got the 16mg, kicking my butt right now.

Yup. Same here. I'm a vape demon. There isn't anything stopping you but your own will power. And, let's face it, if we had will power we wouldn't be smoking in the first place.

Buzz 03-25-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10517323)
Yup. Same here. I'm a vape demon. There isn't anything stopping you but your own will power. And, let's face it, if we had will power we wouldn't be smoking in the first place.

The other thing I figured out is the juice and power level makes all the difference. Started adding the juice I had on hand and boosted the power level, tasted much better. Went through more juice in one night than in three day's with the other setup. Going to go with a lower mg on the juice, might use more but well worth it.

listopencil 03-26-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10517367)
The other thing I figured out is the juice and power level makes all the difference. Started adding the juice I had on hand and boosted the power level, tasted much better. Went through more juice in one night than in three day's with the other setup. Going to go with a lower mg on the juice, might use more but well worth it.

Yup. You might want to check out e-cig and vape forums. I have been digging through a lot of stuff.

NWTF 03-26-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10516178)
Thanks, that really is a nice looking tank. I had seen a comment about "all that exposed glass" in a revue before and was wondering about going with more metal. I just got the two iClear 30's in today with the SVD. To be honest they are a bit goofy looking and I'm not fond of the swivel. I won't be able to get a good feel for it until I get a battery charged. I am pretty sure I'll be looking for another tank to use with it.

The 16's fit (stylistically) with my iTaste perfectly though and they work well enough. It's a nice little thing to carry around, fits in a shirt or jacket pocket. It's the closest to the overall feeling of being a smoker that I've found. It actually reminds me of the old cigarette holders from decades ago when I use it.

Let us know how the SVD works. Im going to get that or the MVP for my take to work mod. The Nautilus and Hypertank are too top heavy for the Itaze VV 3. I liked the Iclear 30 and 30s when I first got them, but now they just dont seem to do it for me although I miss the swivel.

For tanks I was recommended the Nautilus or the Pro tank 3. Innokin has the iClear X.I. out now. That might be worth checking into.

When I bought the Nautilus tank I watched the store owner build a RBA for a guy. He almost talked me into going that route, but he spoke highly of the Nautilus sense thats what I was there for and thats his backup tank for his RBAs. He said if that doesnt satisfy the next step is rebuildables.

listopencil 03-26-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10517404)
Let us know how the SVD works. Im going to get that or the MVP for my take to work mod. The Nautilus and Hypertank are too top heavy for the Itaze VV 3. I liked the Iclear 30 and 30s when I first got them, but now they just dont seem to do it for me although I miss the swivel.

For tanks I was recommended the Nautilus or the Pro tank 3. Innokin has the iClear X.I. out now. That might be worth checking into.

When I bought the Nautilus tank I watched the store owner build a RBA for a guy. He almost talked me into going that route, but he spoke highly of the Nautilus sense thats what I was there for and thats his backup tank for his RBAs. He said if that doesnt satisfy the next step is rebuildables.

I like the SVD. It feels like I am carrying around a light saber. It has some size and heft to it. The base is substantially wider than the VV so I don't knock it over clumsily. I have to pay attention to what I'm doing more though because of the size. I think stylistically it is going to be fine even up to the 5ml tanks. I can see this as my choice for lazy days off, at home and around town. It might be too big to take to work depending on your work space and your job. We have designated break times and break areas so I'll stick with one of the iTaste VV 3.0 with an iClear 16 for work. It feels more like a cig in my hand. It's quite possible that by the time mine dies I'll be more comfortable with holding the SVD though.

I saw a review for the i30B:

http://vibrant-vapours.co.uk/image/c...0B-500x500.jpg

The reviewer was really happy about it. It's a double coil bottom burner from Innokin with the swivel if you miss it. I really do like the look of the Protank but I'm am going to check out the iClear X, thanks.

listopencil 03-26-2014 01:26 AM

I am going to have to get some more fluid to play with the power settings. I didn't realize that all I had left for backup was some cheap 50/50 aromatics that didn't like the higher voltage or wattage at all and I burned through the last of my good shit very quickly playing around. The good shit was really good in the SVD while it lasted though.

InChiefsHeaven 03-26-2014 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10516438)
For me, I still want a cigarette even if I puff on my e-cig nonstop all day.

My wife is the same way. I honestly think it's partly mental as well. I told her that she should know she's getting her nicotine, so she just has to "settle" on getting it from the e-cig rather than a cigarette. It's a process. I guess I just got lucky, my mind was in the right place when I first started using it. It's weird after 30 years of smoking to just not want one. It's great!

Buck 03-26-2014 05:56 PM

I wish I knew building my own coils was this easy from the start.

$5 for 100 feet of wire. Each coil is like 4" of wire (but i usually have 4" of waste too).

And they kick my ass. 12 mg liquid is almost too strong, I'm glad though. Now I can go down to 6.

lcarus 03-26-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10516449)
What are you using?

Ah hell, I don't know what it is exactly. I got it for Christmas and haven't used it a whole lot until recently. It's "Smok" brand and the dial on the bottom goes to 4.8V. The juice I'm using is the highest nicotine level and I believe it's 50/50 regarding the PG/VG. The flavor is called Hawk Sauce and it tastes like berries with a hint of menthol. I love the taste of the vapor, and it does help me when I don't have cigs, but I often still have a craving for a real cigarette.

Buzz 03-26-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10517434)
I like the SVD. It feels like I am carrying around a light saber. It has some size and heft to it. The base is substantially wider than the VV so I don't knock it over clumsily. I have to pay attention to what I'm doing more though because of the size. I think stylistically it is going to be fine even up to the 5ml tanks. I can see this as my choice for lazy days off, at home and around town. It might be too big to take to work depending on your work space and your job. We have designated break times and break areas so I'll stick with one of the iTaste VV 3.0 with an iClear 16 for work. It feels more like a cig in my hand. It's quite possible that by the time mine dies I'll be more comfortable with holding the SVD though.

I saw a review for the i30B:

http://vibrant-vapours.co.uk/image/c...0B-500x500.jpg

The reviewer was really happy about it. It's a double coil bottom burner from Innokin with the swivel if you miss it. I really do like the look of the Protank but I'm am going to check out the iClear X, thanks.

That's the tank I got, when I bought it she swapped out the two tanks that came with it for this one. Mine doesn't have the swivel top though? I was digging the light saber look but I saved over $40 bucks going with the MVP, the square shape wasn't as cool but the complete kit and extra long battery life sealed the deal for me.

NWTF 03-26-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10519167)
I wish I knew building my own coils was this easy from the start.

$5 for 100 feet of wire. Each coil is like 4" of wire (but i usually have 4" of waste too).

And they kick my ass. 12 mg liquid is almost too strong, I'm glad though. Now I can go down to 6.

I might go that route. I may be wrong here ,but you have to reapply the liquid to the coils every 5-6 hits or so. Is that correct? Nothing wrong with that if thats the case. It would be great at home. Maybe more of a home relaxing vaping experience. Im a field tech and work out of my truck. I vape as im driving from one job to the next. I think maybe an RBA would be a pain in the ass at work for me

Now when I was at the local vape shop the other day when the owner built this guys coil I got to try it, and the store owners RBA. Its far superior vaping to stock tanks, hits like a brick, intense taste. Clearly the high end of vaping IMO

Buck 03-26-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10519237)
I might go that route. I may be wrong here ,but you have to reapply the liquid to the coils every 5-6 hits or so. Is that correct? Nothing wrong with that if thats the case. It would be great at home. Maybe more of a home relaxing vaping experience. Im a field tech and work out of my truck. I vape as im driving from one job to the next. I think maybe an RBA would be a pain in the ass at work for me

Now when I was at the local vape shop the other day when the owner built this guys coil I got to try it, and the store owners RBA. Its far superior vaping to stock tanks, hits like a brick, intense taste. Clearly the high end of vaping IMO

It depends on how much cotton is in there and the resistance of your coil. On my build I've been getting about 12 good hits before I have to reapply juice.

Buzz 03-26-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10519242)
It depends on how much cotton is in there and the resistance of your coil. On my build I've been getting about 12 good hits before I have to reapply juice.

That seams like a pain in the rear, pretty sure If I fill the tank, I could go almost 2 day's before having to refill. I only took a couple of hits this morning and didn't pick it up again until after work.

listopencil 03-26-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519212)
That's the tank I got, when I bought it she swapped out the two tanks that came with it for this one. Mine doesn't have the swivel top though? I was digging the light saber look but I saved over $40 bucks going with the MVP, the square shape wasn't as cool but the complete kit and extra long battery life sealed the deal for me.

Yeah I read that swivel is an option now. How is that tank doing for you? I don't like the swivel, and the draw on this thing is the only negative about my set up.

listopencil 03-26-2014 07:46 PM

Oh, and my daughter just came home from class a bit ago. I saw her drive up and met her on the porch. As she got out of her car I lifted up my SVD, looked at the LCD screen and announced, "Daleks. There are Daleks here." I got an "ugh" and a laugh. Worth it.

Buzz 03-26-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10519338)
Yeah I read that swivel is an option now. How is that tank doing for you? I don't like the swivel, and the draw on this thing is the only negative about my set up.

Works great but I wouldn't the difference? I picked up a smaller, slimmer tank to night but It doesn't look like the threads match so I left it in the package, don't know what brand, thought they were interchangeable? One threads in, the big tank, the other threads out, smaller tank?

NWTF 03-26-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10516402)
Hasn't been popular enough for long enough to have long term studies done. We are the guinea pigs. It's almost undoubtedly not worse than cigarettes though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 10516413)
They've been around for a long time though, at least 10 years that I know of. And in all that time, it's hard to believe they can't "figure out" if they are dangerous. Personally, I think the foot dragging and hand wringing is done on the part of the tobacco companies. If Phillip Morris had any brains they'd jump on this bandwagon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10516427)
No long term studies because it hasn't been around long enough to do them. The vapor droplets can't physically go as deep into your lungs as smoke particles. So right off the bat it's not as invasive. The vapor isn't from combustion so you aren't breathing in actual smoke, that's another plus because you aren't dumping the crap from a small dirty campfire into yourself every time you take a hit. I can tell you that I felt the same effects as a person who quits cold turkey (other than the nicotine itself). My lungs are cleaning themselves out and I am breathing easier.

Well, what got my attention on vaping came from a coworker. Hes been vaping ever sense Ive known him. So I asked him about it one day.

Over a year or so ago he was at his doctor for a checkup and on his lung xray his doctor detected what looked to be cancer, but had to have the experts look at it to be certain. Well, my friend quit smoking that day, he was a heavy smoker and knew it had to be cancer. He started vaping then cause he couldn't quit the nicotine. The lab results was scar tissue damage but no cancer.

A year later he goes back for a checkup. Scar tissue gone, lungs clearing up on xray. And obviously he feels way better, breathes easier and all that.

I started vaping a day or two after he told me that.

listopencil 03-26-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10519172)
Ah hell, I don't know what it is exactly. I got it for Christmas and haven't used it a whole lot until recently. It's "Smok" brand and the dial on the bottom goes to 4.8V. The juice I'm using is the highest nicotine level and I believe it's 50/50 regarding the PG/VG. The flavor is called Hawk Sauce and it tastes like berries with a hint of menthol. I love the taste of the vapor, and it does help me when I don't have cigs, but I often still have a craving for a real cigarette.

It's hard to say but I would suggest cranking up the volts and staying with high nic and more VG. You might be missing that lung hit. The nic should provide you with adequate throat hit at the highest level. By the way I have seen liquid up to 36 mgs nic. Are you using 36?

listopencil 03-26-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519357)
Works great but I wouldn't the difference? I picked up a smaller, slimmer tank to night but It doesn't look like the threads match so I left it in the package, don't know what brand, thought they were interchangeable? One threads in, the big tank, the other threads out, smaller tank?

The two I have seen most of are 510 and eGo. Your MVP should be able to do both. The eGo threads are on the outside of column and the 510 threads are on the inside of the column, where you screw in the tank. What kind of tank is it?

Buzz 03-26-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10519375)
The two I have seen most of are 510 and eGo. Your MVP should be able to do both. The eGo threads are on the outside of column and the 510 threads are on the inside of the column, where you screw in the tank. What kind of tank is it?

I don't know on the smaller tank, it didn't say, just cello wrapped. I thought about trying it, but didn't want to take it out of the package if I had to take it back.

Buck 03-26-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519395)
I don't know on the smaller tank, it didn't say, just cello wrapped. I thought about trying it, but didn't want to take it out of the package if I had to take it back.

Does it look like this?

http://i.imgur.com/tBN0ffP.jpg

Buzz 03-26-2014 08:25 PM

No, I looked again and it's a KangerTech T3S?

Buck 03-26-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519424)

You have an MVP?

They aren't compatible.

Edit: At least thats what a few things google brings up says.

Buzz 03-26-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10519433)
You have an MVP?

They aren't compatible.

Edit: At least thats what a few things google brings up says.

That's what I thought, thanks for checking.

listopencil 03-26-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519424)

This?

http://www.sun-vapers.com/wp-content...Untitled-7.jpg

listopencil 03-26-2014 08:42 PM

It says on their site (http://www.kangeronline.com/products...3s-cartomizers) that they are eGo capable. I thought the MVP had 510 and eGo threading?

Buzz 03-26-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10519462)
It says on their site (http://www.kangeronline.com/products...3s-cartomizers) that they are eGo capable. I thought the MVP had 510 and eGo threading?

Yes, that's it, I don't know?

listopencil 03-26-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519470)
Yes, that's it, I don't know?

Try taking off the beauty ring of your MVP. It says it is compatible with many eGo clearomizers.

Buzz 03-26-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10519480)
Try taking off the beauty ring of your MVP. It says it is compatible with many eGo clearomizers.

That was it, you nailed it my friend, never thought I would say that to a Donk fan, rep.

listopencil 03-26-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519502)
That was it, you nailed it my friend, never thought I would say that to a Donk fan, rep.

Sweet. Glad I could help you out.

Buzz 03-26-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10519514)
Sweet. Glad I could help you out.

I bought it to run another flavor, ever tried banana? In the big tank I mixed berries a la fiesta with the grape I got yesterday, pretty darn good. Looking to try something different.

listopencil 03-26-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519529)
I bought it to run another flavor, ever tried banana? In the big tank I mixed berries a la fiesta with the grape I got yesterday, pretty darn good. Looking to try something different.

I grabbed a bottle of banana from Myztic a few weeks ago, it was incredible. It was really thick juice that I ran on high voltage. The taste and the aroma were ridiculously good.

Buzz 03-26-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10519535)
I grabbed a bottle of banana from Myztic a few weeks ago, it was incredible. It was really thick juice that I ran on high voltage. The taste and the aroma were ridiculously good.

Banana it is. :thumb:

listopencil 03-26-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10519541)
Banana it is. :thumb:

Hey, just as a warning, if you get banana make sure it is OK for use in plastic tanks. I am seeing warnings that some banana flavored liquids will crack and break the plastic.

listopencil 03-26-2014 11:46 PM

Oh, by the way again, I am now pretending that my SVD is a sonic screwdriver and tormenting my daughter with it around the house. Great fun.

mdchiefsfan 03-27-2014 04:58 AM

I'm running an itaste with kanger protanks. It's the best setup I have discovered yet.

listopencil 03-27-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10519717)
I'm running an itaste with kanger protanks. It's the best setup I have discovered yet.

I still really like my iTaste. It is the closest mimic to actually smoking a cig that I have found. My SVD feels more like a pipe to me for some reason. That's fine, I was also a pipe smoker, but I'm thinking the psychological aspect of cig smoking is being met better with the iTaste.

mdchiefsfan 03-27-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10520764)
I still really like my iTaste. It is the closest mimic to actually smoking a cig that I have found. My SVD feels more like a pipe to me for some reason. That's fine, I was also a pipe smoker, but I'm thinking the psychological aspect of cig smoking is being met better with the iTaste.

Nothing beats vaping by wattage. I had an ego twist and switching voltage according to resistance was a pain in the ass.

I love seeing some adamant capers on the forum.

listopencil 03-27-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10521318)
Nothing beats vaping by wattage. I had an ego twist and switching voltage according to resistance was a pain in the ass.

I love seeing some adamant capers on the forum.

I have been messing with e-cigs for about five years now. Up until recently I had been using the actual cigarette style and they never replaced smoking. I went back to it because I am dating an ex-smoker. I started in earnest again with a Noble Vapors starter kit. They were all right but I still had cravings and still smoked. The Vision Spinner (variable voltage) got me off of smokes and I used the Noble as back-up. I grabbed an iTaste VV 3.0 (VV and VW) and it relegated my Spinner to a back-up. When I dropped my Spinner a million times I broke it, grabbed another iTaste.

I did go ahead and grab an SVD because I figure that the VV's are going to die on me eventually. I'd rather replace five dollar batteries than $35 machines. But, man, the VV is really nice. Just like a cig in an old fashioned cig holder.

listopencil 03-27-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10195397)

Get about 5 flavors you think sound good:

http://www.mister-e-liquid.com/

And enjoy

I just spent a touch over $50 on an order from these guys. Hoping for good flavor and thanks for the link.

eDave 03-27-2014 07:12 PM

I just picked up the eGo C Twist with a Unitank. Having trouble making the switch though. Missing drawing in the smoke, having a cigarette in my hand, etc. Vaping just doesn't give me the satisfaction yet. Any advice? Do you hit it hard, like smoking a full cig, when the craving hits? I really want to stop but totally lack the strength to do so.

TIA

listopencil 03-27-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10521362)
I just picked up the eGo C Twist with a Unitank. Having trouble making the switch though. Missing drawing in the smoke, having a cigarette in my hand, etc. Vaping just doesn't give me the satisfaction yet. Any advice? Do you hit it hard, like smoking a full cig, when the craving hits? I really want to stop but totally lack the strength to do so.

TIA

Crank it up to full voltage with a high nicotine fluid in it. Slowly draw in as much vapor as you can into your mouth, then breathe it in harshly. There is a good chance you will cough and sputter. You kind of have to play with how you breathe it in and find a flavor that works well for you. I started with tobacco flavor.

eDave 03-27-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10521410)
Crank it up to full voltage with a high nicotine fluid in it. Slowly draw in as much vapor as you can into your mouth, then breathe it in harshly. There is a good chance you will cough and sputter. You kind of have to play with how you breathe it in and find a flavor that works well for you. I started with tobacco flavor.

Thanks dude. I do cough though I am familiar with vaporizing 'tobacco' with no problems. Currently using an 18mg juice (Tooty Fruity, or some shit.) Flavor is not the issue, though maybe a menthol flavor might fill a bit of the gap.

I just can't move on from having an actual smoke in my hand and smoke in my lungs. I mean, the vape certainly satisfies the nic craving. It's the 'action' of smoking that isn't working. Sigh.

Thanks again.

listopencil 03-27-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10521457)
Thanks dude. I do cough though I am familiar with vaporizing 'tobacco' with no problems. Currently using an 18mg juice (Tooty Fruity, or some shit.) Flavor is not the issue, though maybe a menthol flavor might fill a bit of the gap.

I just can't move on from having an actual smoke in my hand and smoke in my lungs. I mean, the vape certainly satisfies the nic craving. It's the 'action' of smoking that isn't working. Sigh.

Thanks again.

I found the Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 with an iClear 16 tank on it to mimic smoking best for me. I know what you mean. It's rough, keep trying.

listopencil 03-27-2014 08:02 PM

Also you can go a lot higher than that with the nic%. I have seen fluids as high as 36mgs.

NWTF 03-27-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10521470)
I found the Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 with an iClear 16 tank on it to mimic smoking best for me. I know what you mean. It's rough, keep trying.

Yeah the ITaste VV 3.0 with the Iclear 30s was my first mod. So I kinda started on 2nd base or where ever youd put the VV 3.0. Im not sure if egos and pin sized vapes would work for me. When I try the store model egos, evods, etc for trying juices the taste is ok, but the hits are weak ,no throat hit.

Also how does your SVD hit compared to the ITaste VV 3.0? Truthfully the 3.0 is a very good bang for your buck. I vape with it 80% of the time I vape minus the evenings when I switch over to my 18650 battery mods which do hit harder. Id kinda like to have that experience at work to but the Itaste VV 3.0 does its job well.

I want to get the SVD. if you can say it hits hard I think im in because the Nautilus tank is no joke. Its far superior to any other tank setup Ive had and I think Id like to pair it with the SVD for my daily vape. SO whats your review for the SVD?

listopencil 03-27-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10521617)
Yeah the ITaste VV 3.0 with the Iclear 30s was my first mod. So I kinda started on 2nd base or where ever youd put the VV 3.0. Im not sure if egos and pin sized vapes would work for me. When I try the store model egos, evods, etc for trying juices the taste is ok, but the hits are weak ,no throat hit.

Also how does your SVD hit compared to the ITaste VV 3.0? Truthfully the 3.0 is a very good bang for your buck. I vape with it 80% of the time I vape minus the evenings when I switch over to my 18650 battery mods which do hit harder. Id kinda like to have that experience at work to but the Itaste VV 3.0 does its job well.

I want to get the SVD. if you can say it hits hard I think im in because the Nautilus tank is no joke. Its far superior to any other tank setup Ive had and I think Id like to pair it with the SVD for my daily vape. SO whats your review for the SVD?

I can set the SVD up to 15 watts, compared to the VV 3.0 max of 11, so it will hit harder. I think with the airflow on your Nautilus you will be more than happy with it. The only thing I miss is the feel in my hand because the VV 3.0 feels so much more like a cig. You will have to get used to the size and shape.

eDave 03-27-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10521470)

The iClear looks like that would help mimic a smoke better. Smaller capacity but not a big deal.

I have a 24mg bottle of juice too. I'll make the bump. And buy myself a bag of Tootsie Pops.

Appreciate your insight.

NWTF 03-27-2014 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10521673)
I can set the SVD up to 15 watts, compared to the VV 3.0 max of 11, so it will hit harder. I think with the airflow on your Nautilus you will be more than happy with it. The only thing I miss is the feel in my hand because the VV 3.0 feels so much more like a cig. You will have to get used to the size and shape.

Thanks. And your right, I like the feel of the VV 3.0 over my larger mods also, especially when out and about.

My stainless steel tank for the nautilus came in today, so its work ready, but feels out of place on the VV 3.0. I wish they made a smaller tank that performed just as well. So I guess if Im going with this tank full time Id better get comfortable carrying a bigger mod around everywhere. The tank now weighs more then the mod itself. The SVR would fix this and would match it as well. Should be a durable set up.

listopencil 03-27-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10521840)
Thanks. And your right, I like the feel of the VV 3.0 over my larger mods also, especially when out and about.

My stainless steel tank for the nautilus came in today, so its work ready, but feels out of place on the VV 3.0. I wish they made a smaller tank that performed just as well. So I guess if I'm going with this tank full time Id better get comfortable carrying a bigger mod around everywhere. The tank now weighs more then the mod itself. The SVR would fix this and would match it as well. Should be a durable set up.

That should look really nice on an SVD.

Abba-Dabba 03-28-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10489333)
Most juices need about a week until they are ready. Open the bottles, squeeze out the air, let new air in, close the bottle and shake the bottles vigorously every 24 hours and keep them in a cool, dark, dry place while you aren't shaking them. Every juice will benefit from this.

Most juices are pre-steeped and will still have a bit of flavor as soon as you crack open the bottle. I was really trying to be nice about the flavor, which TBH there isn't any. I did leave the cap off and steep for a couple days and went back to it. Still no flavor. 2 week steep, no flavor. No biggie, I sure it happens from time to time with every juice maker.

Abba-Dabba 03-28-2014 12:16 AM

Still loving my VTR. But I already have my eyes on a ZNA DNA 30 mod that I love the look of. I couldn't imagine what 8.3v and 30w would do. Must. Hold. Off.

listopencil 03-28-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 10521871)
Still loving my VTR. But I already have my eyes on a ZNA DNA 30 mod that I love the look of. I couldn't imagine what 8.3v and 30w would do. Must. Hold. Off.

Is it this one? Because the review makes it look annoying as all hell to use:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zth21IDOvVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil 03-28-2014 01:31 AM

Just a cautionary video for anyone chasing that high wattage vape experience:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cill_IbtXiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abba-Dabba 03-28-2014 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10521886)
Is it this one? Because the review makes it look annoying as all hell to use:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zth21IDOvVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doesn't seem that annoying to me. It is a near perfect mod.

Annoying to me would be the Joyetech eVic.

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 10521362)

TIA

The key I found is not looking for a flavor that tastes like your cigarette. It doesn't exist. I went with fruit and sweet flavors and found that it is best to hit your e cig BEFORE cravings come. Keep your cravings at bay and you won't find yourself in a situation where you feel the ecig isn't providing you what you need. Plus it takes longer for the nicotine to take effect from an ecig; with all the toxins and carcinogens in cigarettes the nicotine gets worked into your blood stream quicker. Keep your nic levels high with the ecig to ween you off the cigs until you are more dependent on it.

Nothing beats the day you wake up looking for your ecig instead of your pack. Best of luck.

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10521352)
I just spent a touch over $50 on an order from these guys. Hoping for good flavor and thanks for the link.

What did you get?

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 10521871)

Maybe you can answer this for me. How in the hell would you be able to vape at 30w without getting a burnt taste?

listopencil 03-28-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10522002)
What did you get?

I got one each of Berry-A-Peelin, Cups O' Peanut Butter, Cherry Lemonade, Jamocha Haze, Watermelon, Bubble Gum and Honey Flue Cured. All at zero nicotine. I also grabbed a bottle of the MEL Clear with nicotine to add in to the tank because I still occasionally get a craving for it.

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10522537)
I got one each of Berry-A-Peelin, Cups O' Peanut Butter, Cherry Lemonade, Jamocha Haze, Watermelon, Bubble Gum and Honey Flue Cured. All at zero nicotine. I also grabbed a bottle of the MEL Clear with nicotine to add in to the tank because I still occasionally get a craving for it.

Only one I have tried out of that group is watermelon. It's one of my girlfriends favorites. It's like a jolly rancher.

I am curious about the cherry lemonade. Let me know what you think.

Abba-Dabba 03-28-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10521921)
Just a cautionary video for anyone chasing that high wattage vape experience:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cill_IbtXiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL Reminds me of a PBusardo vid from a while back.

NSFW: Language

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ItORJmByj2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abba-Dabba 03-28-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10522005)
Maybe you can answer this for me. How in the hell would you be able to vape at 30w without getting a burnt taste?

As I have increased wattage, the vaping experience has become more pleasurable. Better flavor, more vapor, smoother draws while adding much more of a throat hit. The vapor is a tad warmer, but that's it. I don't think I have had the flavor of kanthal wire since I move away from ego style batteries.

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 10522696)
As I have increased wattage, the vaping experience has become more pleasurable. Better flavor, more vapor, smoother draws while adding much more of a throat hit. The vapor is a tad warmer, but that's it. I don't think I have had the flavor of kanthal wire since I move away from ego style batteries.

So you do rebuildable atomizers or what?

listopencil 03-28-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10522544)
Only one I have tried out of that group is watermelon. It's one of my girlfriends favorites. It's like a jolly rancher.

I am curious about the cherry lemonade. Let me know what you think.

Will do. I am hoping they come in tomorrow but probably not until Monday. Then I will see how long I have to steep them, blah.

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10523111)
Will do. I am hoping they come in tomorrow but probably not until Monday. Then I will see how long I have to steep them, blah.

I've never had to steep their juices, but I've never bought a few of those flavors.

listopencil 03-28-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10523121)
I've never had to steep their juices, but I've never bought a few of those flavors.

Oh good. I watched and old review of their site, and a couple of newer ones. The oldest review guy said that each shipment comes with a steeping card to explain the process and that the juices have a date of manufacture that aids you in the process. One of the newer ones went into how the flavor changed over time. The very newest briefly mentioned steeping. So...I don't know. I have never steeped my juice but I have never gotten any that were very fresh.

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10523264)
Oh good. I watched and old review of their site, and a couple of newer ones. The oldest review guy said that each shipment comes with a steeping card to explain the process and that the juices have a date of manufacture that aids you in the process. One of the newer ones went into how the flavor changed over time. The very newest briefly mentioned steeping. So...I don't know. I have never steeped my juice but I have never gotten any that were very fresh.

Some juices can take a bit to develop, but generally speaking their juices are great the day they arrive. If one flavor tastes a bit off, just let it sit for a few days and see. Watermelon will be great on arrival.

listopencil 03-28-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10523277)
Some juices can take a bit to develop, but generally speaking their juices are great the day they arrive. If one flavor tastes a bit off, just let it sit for a few days and see. Watermelon will be great on arrival.

Sounds great. My girlfriend is already hounding me about the bubble gum flavor.

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10523301)
Sounds great. My girlfriend is already hounding me about the bubble gum flavor.

That juice has probably the hardest throat hit I've tried. But that was one of the first juices I vaped so I could be mistaken. I am in love with their blue voodoo. The throat hit in that juice is solid as hell too

listopencil 03-28-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10523320)
That juice has probably the hardest throat hit I've tried. But that was one of the first juices I vaped so I could be mistaken. I am in love with their blue voodoo. The throat hit in that juice is solid as hell too

One of the reviewers said that Blue VooDoo became his all day vape after trying it. I guess the company was out of it for a while, but they were able to get a new supplier and make more. It just doesn't have the blue color anymore as they are trying to go away from artificial coloring as much as possible.

dmahurin 03-28-2014 01:40 PM

If anyone is in the kc/independence area, I found a new vape shop on Noland road called aqeuos(?spelling). I haven't been in yet but a friend said he has and that the selection in there is great for both equipment and juices.

mdchiefsfan 03-28-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10523465)
One of the reviewers said that Blue VooDoo became his all day vape after trying it. I guess the company was out of it for a while, but they were able to get a new supplier and make more. It just doesn't have the blue color anymore as they are trying to go away from artificial coloring as much as possible.

That is my current all day. I had both the old and the new; there's not much difference between the two, but I'm not going to lie; it was pretty sweet having a bright blue filled tank.

listopencil 03-31-2014 05:34 PM

I got my Mister-E-Fluid order in today. It was mixed on the 27th and the card says waiting a week is best. They threw in a free sample sized strawberry, which is nice. It has an odd sesame oil aftertaste though. I should probably give them a week from their born on date. That's only three days away.