ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

Deberg_1990 01-21-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10385923)
I'm saying he's the only person so far that has been able to direct him into a good performance.

Wrong

Dazed and Confused
Chasing Amy
Good Will Hunting
Shakespeare in Love
Boiler Room
Bounce
Sum of All Fears
Extract

to name a few...

Fire Me Boy! 01-21-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10385935)
Wrong

Dazed and Confused
Chasing Amy
Good Will Hunting
Shakespeare in Love
Boiler Room
Bounce
Sum of All Fears
Extract

to name a few...

Wrong. He wasn't really good in any of those except maybe Good Will Hunting, which he helped write. He was OK in most of the rest, better than average at best.

Easy 6 01-21-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10385990)
Wrong. He wasn't really good in any of those except maybe Good Will Hunting, which he helped write. He was OK in most of the rest, better than average at best.

Look, we all admire and idolize Nolan and Bales imagining of Batman... but to act like Affleck at this point in his career cant tackle a hero is just plain wrong.

It isnt reciting Shakespeare... contemplate thoughtfully, be cagey, growl, snarl, jump... Ben can handle that, c'mon.

Bowser 01-21-2014 06:27 PM

I just look forward to Matt Damon's friend to act alongside Elektra again. Together with Supes, Elektra, and Spawn they will save the universe from Mephisto.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tnfzMG6tda...Picard2379.jpg

Bowser 01-21-2014 06:29 PM

/random

Ragged Robin 01-21-2014 11:20 PM

Pushed back to 2016.. Kevin Smith also said on his podcast that Snyder gave him a sneak peak at like a promo set picture or something and he got to see Ben in the new suit. He hinted that it's patterned after the more classic/iconic look that none of the other live action films went for which is great news!

Anyong Bluth 01-21-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10386584)
Pushed back to 2016.. Kevin Smith also said on his podcast that Snyder gave him a sneak peak at like a promo set picture or something and he got to see Ben in the new suit. He hinted that it's patterned after the more classic/inconic look that none of the other live action films went for which is great news!

See post #180 or #223 in this thread.

Ragged Robin 01-22-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10386586)
See post #180 or #223 in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10250725)
Kevin Smith got an exclusive sneak peek from his buddy director of Afflack in the new suit- said it was totally different from any type before (and not 1 bat nipple in sight)

I have zero clue what that could mean, except I'm assuming it's not some sort of exo-shell, but it seriously can't be like some throwback to actually tights or a spandex getup? I don't know what other direction it could be, but it certainly can't be that especially when you're talking about him facing off against Superman, and he's going to need a healthy does of tech advantages and toys to level the playing field.

Oh. Well then.

In any case, you think looking "armored" like he has in all of the other movies is really going to help against someone who can create universes by smashing atoms together with his two index fingers? No amount of armor would help him against Supes in a straight up brawl. Anyways, I can guarantee it won't be Adam West tights, it'll probably be stylized in the way Supes costume in Man of Steel isn't exactly tights either.

In The Dark Knight Returns, Supes is weakened after absorbing several nuclear warheads (which also create a nuclear winter that covers the sun so he can't fully regenerate) and Bats uses an exoskeleton machine suit thing to beat up on him.

Aries Walker 01-22-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10385246)
Affleck is a much better actor now then he used to be. I was pissed when Ledger got the role, i say give him a chance.

The difference is Ledger hadn't already poorly played a maniacal madman, and Cruise hadn't already poorly played a sensual vampire, before those two parts. Ben Affleck played Daredevil - who is fundamentally the same type of brooding, dimly-lit antihero as Batman - and he was completely wrong for the part. Batman is an emotional trainwreck masquerading as a carefree billionaire playboy, and Ben Affleck has never been able to convey that kind of damaged psyche in any role I've seen him in. The Town is probably the closest he's done to it, and even there he was just torn, not really edge-of-sanity damaged.

Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

tk13 01-31-2014 11:58 AM

Apparently Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor. Jeremy Irons will be Alfred.

Red Brooklyn 01-31-2014 12:13 PM

Huh...

ThaVirus 01-31-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10404005)
Apparently Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor. Jeremy Irons will be Alfred.

I thought I recognized the name Jesse Eisenberg.

That's the kid from Zombieland and The Social Network LMAO

keg in kc 01-31-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

http://www.thewrap.com/batman-vs-sup...-irons-alfred/

Bowser 01-31-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Apparently Jesse Eisenberg has been cast as Lex Luthor.

That just....sucks.

Tribal Warfare 01-31-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10404250)
That just....sucks.

With Gal Gadot as WW I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies about Snyder's choices without Nolan overseeing it.

CoMoChief 01-31-2014 02:03 PM

The new Bat suit is going to have a similar Arkham video game look.

bowener 01-31-2014 02:16 PM

Well, look at it this way Superman fans... You'll get another reboot in 6 years or so.

The Franchise 01-31-2014 03:14 PM

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/3...film-breaking/

Chiefspants 01-31-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10404445)

Uh....

Deberg_1990 01-31-2014 04:37 PM

Bizarre casting. I dont see it? But who knows? He almost always plays geeky types.

He was also Zuckerberg in The Social Network and was solid in Adventureland.

Chiefspants 01-31-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10404650)
Bizarre casting. I dont see it? But who knows? He almost always plays geeky types.

He was also Zuckerberg in The Social Network and was solid in Adventureland.

Snyder casting decisions have been nothing but bizarre, plus we now have a billion characters to cover in 120 minutes.

More and more this looks like it's going to be a Spiderman 3/Sucker Punch type of a disaster.

Fish 01-31-2014 04:45 PM

That curly haired douche? As Lex ****ing Luther?

Man, they're doing everything they can to encourage me to avoid this movie....

Gravedigger 01-31-2014 05:01 PM

I think it's how small he is, he's so tiny he can have skim milk drinking contests with Wonder Woman. I see Lex Luthor as more imposing physically, not only that but how nasally his voice is... Yeah I don't see it either.

tomahawk kid 01-31-2014 05:03 PM

As a huge Batman fanboy, I was really holding out hope that this wouldn't suck.

My hopes are dimished as of this moment.

Easy 6 01-31-2014 05:05 PM

Batman and Supes gon suck I bet... keep the two worlds separate.

Avengers is one thing, but I don't like mixing those two.

tomahawk kid 01-31-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10404682)
Batman and Supes gon suck I bet... keep the two worlds separate.

Avengers is one thing, but I don't like mixing those two.

Their intentions were noble, going for the whole Dark Knight Returns angle.

But Affleck and Einsenburg? C'mon Man.

tk13 01-31-2014 05:20 PM

I don't think this is nearly as strange as the Affleck decision. I think some of that is seeping into today's apparent internet outrage.

Deberg_1990 01-31-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10404711)
I don't think this is nearly as strange as the Affleck decision. I think some of that is seeping into today's apparent internet outrage.

I don't mind Affleck, but it does feel like WB shoehorned him in because he's their "go to" guy at the moment. They wanted him to direct a Justice league movie a few years ago.

Easy 6 01-31-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 10404686)
Their intentions were noble, going for the whole Dark Knight Returns angle.

But Affleck and Einsenburg? C'mon Man.

With these kinds of casting decisions I've learned to just wait and see, I've been too surprised by people in the past to write it off until I see it.

But I will say that Affleck seems like a MUCH better fit for his role than than Jesse.

bowener 01-31-2014 05:53 PM

I really don't give a shit who Snyder casts for which part. So long as he is directing this is going to be a big shiny turd. Nothing more.

Aries Walker 01-31-2014 06:36 PM

The only excuse I can conjure up for them is that they're trying to make Luthor seem like a corrupt young lion, like the Luthor in Smallville.

That's all I got, folks. Brace yourself for an enormous stinker that does gangbusters box office because Superman is still inexplicably popular.

007 01-31-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10404812)
The only excuse I can conjure up for them is that they're trying to make Luthor seem like a corrupt young lion, like the Luthor in Smallville.

That's all I got, folks. Brace yourself for an enormous stinker that does gangbusters box office because Superman is still inexplicably popular.

I would rather them use Rosenbaum than Eisenburg. JFC

Ragged Robin 01-31-2014 07:32 PM

That guy looks like he's 15 years old and only knows how to act as the same character/personality/performance in every movie (Zombieland, Social Network, etc).. next to Cavill (30) Affleck (41).. /facepalm

ROFL AngryJoe did a video on the casting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyWYqEKztso

"Jesse Eisenberg because Michael Cera wasn't available for Lex Luther" ROFL ROFL

ThaVirus 01-31-2014 09:35 PM

Holy shit. Cavill and Eisenberg are the same age.

You'd never guess just looking at the two..

Bowser 01-31-2014 09:35 PM

Hell I'd take Michael Rosenbaum as Luthor over Eisenberg.

Sure-Oz 01-31-2014 09:53 PM

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Why...man-41432.html

Why Jesse Eisenberg Is The Perfect Choice For Lex Luthor In Batman Vs. Superman
By Eric Eisenberg January 31, 2014 3:02pm PST

Thus far, all of the new casting decisions made for Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel sequel have been nothing if not controversial. When Ben Affleck came aboard to play Batman last August it was met with a tidal wave of internet hate, as fans took pleasure in throwing the critical failure Daredevil back in the actor’s face. In December when it was revealed that Fast & Furious’s Gal Gadot would be playing Wonder Woman in the movie, comic book purists scorned her skinny frame and medium stature.

So when it was announced earlier today that Jesse Eisenberg has joined the film to play the villainous Lex Luthor, the response was rather predictable. Readers in our own comments section and around the internet have reacted wildly to the news, some asking if the casting is a "cruel joke," and others saying how "everything about this movie just screams 'RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!"'"

Despite this vitriol and pessimism, however, the truth is that Eisenberg could end up playing the most fascinating version of Lex Luthor that we’ve seen on the big screen yet.

When looking at the character of Luthor, it’s important to see him both in and out of context with Superman. Living in his own world, the great supervillain is an absolutely brilliant genius, has access to just about every resource in the world, and has endless ambition. But what does any of that mean when an alien can come from space, be powerful in all of the ways that he cannot, and earn the devotion and love of everyone on Earth? As long as Superman remains on Earth, Lex will always be inferior, and his ego being unable to tolerate that is what ultimately drives him as a villain. Now let’s take a quick look at a scene from The Social Network, the film that features what many agree is the best performance of Jesse Eisenberg’s career so far:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mFFtpd8VNN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

While every actor always tries to stretch their horizons and try new and different things, what you see above is exactly what I want to see from the new version of Lex Luthor. Throughout David Fincher’s film, Eisenberg’s Mark Zuckerberg is always playing from behind – be it not getting into Final Clubs or getting sued by his best friend – what’s stunning about the actor’s performance is how the character steadfastly refuses to ever be the smallest figure in the room (even when he is). Eisenberg has mastered the tone and cadence required for this kind of arrogance, and it’s exactly the kind of stuff that’s been featured in comic books for decades.

More than just his deft ability to generate enormous power and screen presence through verbal linguistics, Eisenberg brings a whole new angle to the Luthor character just in the fact that he’s only 30 years old. Unlike the previous Superman movies, which brought in Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey when both were in their late-40s, this new incarnation of the supervillain will be the first one that’s actually the same age as the Superman he’s fighting against. This means that this version of Lex is probably still trying to figure out his way in the world, and that the means the appearance of Superman on the world stage may have the same kind of effect on him that General Zod’s appearance had on Superman in Man of Steel.

I personally couldn’t be more excited for this new version of Lex Luthor, but what do you think? Who agrees with me? Whose minds have I changed? Who still thinks that Eisenberg is a bad choice?

Sure-Oz 01-31-2014 09:59 PM

I'm at a wait and see, but so far the fans are PISSED

Deberg_1990 01-31-2014 10:07 PM

I'm on record as having loved Man of Steel, so Snyder has built up alot of good faith with me.

Call me crazy, but I could watch MoS alot more than Avengers.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 01-31-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10405128)
I'm on record as having loved Man of Steel, so Snyder has built up alot of good faith with me.

Call me crazy, but I could watch MoS alot more than Avengers.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did too. I have The Avengers and I just can't bring myself to rewatch it. I've watched MoS 2-3 times since I first saw it in Theaters.

But casting Eisenberg as Lex is still a stupid movie to me.

Valiant 02-05-2014 02:26 AM

dwayne johnson strange tweet has him being john stewart the green lantern.

The Franchise 02-05-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10415232)

What in the holy ****...

Fish 02-05-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10415232)

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/508/xyrz.jpg

The Franchise 02-05-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10415541)

Dwayne Johnson ‏@TheRock 13h

All I said was.. #LanternCanWhupSuperman RT: @IGN: Did @TheRock reveal that he's playing John Stewart/Green Lantern? http://go.ign.com/1b0qHO6

Valiant 02-05-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10415547)
Dwayne Johnson ‏@TheRock 13h

All I said was.. #LanternCanWhupSuperman RT: @IGN: Did @TheRock reveal that he's playing John Stewart/Green Lantern? http://go.ign.com/1b0qHO6

Yeah ign dropped the story first. But maybe it will put the idea out there. I think stewart is the better human gl.

Ragged Robin 02-05-2014 08:49 PM

This is reeruned. Looks like they're just pulling names off of a "top x hollywood names" list. They should be pulling actors who aren't as known or are more internationally known. This makes it so that the role defines them. With all these big names who don't especially fit the part the first thing that comes to mind will be "oh look.. it's Affleck as Batman" or "oh look.. The Rock is playing GL"

Aries Walker 02-05-2014 09:46 PM

Or "Hey, isn't that the kid from the Count of Monte Cristo?"

keg in kc 02-05-2014 11:12 PM

So apparently the early casting rumors were true, and the studio wanted Adam Driver (had a scheduling conflict) and Jauquin Phoenix (who passed). Eisenberg was #3.

Easy 6 02-05-2014 11:17 PM

If Phoenix passed I'd have grave doubts if I was trying to produce a true piece of cinema... if someone who really knows what good thinks your writers script sucks, if he doesnt see a character he can dig into...

DOOM.

Psyko Tek 02-05-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10404330)
Well, look at it this way Superman fans... You'll get another reboot in 6 years or so.

that is incidental...
how much is this gonna **** up Batman movies?

keg in kc 02-06-2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10416868)
that is incidental...
how much is this gonna **** up Batman movies?

They can do a Batman Beyond thing with Grampa Affleck mentoring the "new" Batman. Which might be good because it would be a new kind of dynamic after, what 2.5 decades of Batman on film? It'll all depend on what happens with Justice League, which is what this movie's really setting up anyway.

Deberg_1990 02-06-2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10416829)
So apparently the early casting rumors were true, and the studio wanted Adam Driver (had a scheduling conflict) and Jauquin Phoenix (who passed). Eisenberg was #3.

Too bad, Phoenix would have been tremendous
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 02-06-2014 11:25 AM

It's feeling more and more like they're trying to put together a live action Justice League: War movie.

The Franchise 02-06-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10416829)

http://whoandwhom.com/wp-content/upl...-profile-2.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1404095/th...X-facebook.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...enberg-006.jpg

They all would have sucked as choices.

The Franchise 02-06-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10417256)
It's feeling more and more like they're trying to put together a live action Justice League: War movie.

Because that's what it's going to end up being. They are royally ****ing this shit up. They would have been smart to just have the 2nd Superman movie include Lex and that's it. They're scrambling to compete with the Avengers and they're blowing it before it's even begun.

Bowser 02-06-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10417262)
Because that's what it's going to end up being. They are royally ****ing this shit up. They would have been smart to just have the 2nd Superman movie include Lex and that's it. They're scrambling to compete with the Avengers and they're blowing it before it's even begun.

Completely agree. This has the smell of a steaming pile of shit and it's not even made yet.

ThaVirus 02-06-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10417256)

I mentioned it in the movies thread, but I recently watched that and thought it was pretty good. I was wondering why the characters seemed a bit different but apparently it's based on the New 52 comics. Green Lantern and Flash completely switched personalities and Superman was way less of a boy scout.

I can live with Superman's personality change (he was actually a badass in that movie) but I think Flash needs to be the comic relief guy while Green Lantern should be more serious. He is a ****ing intergalactic police office for ****'s sake.

Jamie 02-06-2014 01:50 PM

I sort of think Jesse Eisenberg is the least bad casting choice they've made so far. He does seem too young and informidable, but there are scenes in The Social Network where he has an intensity and arrogance that I can see how it could work.

The Franchise 02-06-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10417531)
I sort of think Jesse Eisenberg is the least bad casting choice they've made so far. He does seem too young and informidable, but there are scenes in The Social Network where he has an intensity and arrogance that I can see how it could work.

Mark Zuckerberg ≠ Lex Luthor

Gonzo 02-06-2014 02:29 PM

I enjoyed Zombieland and Holy Rollers but this guy is not Lex Luthor...

What a stupid choice. I'll wait for it to come on cable.

Anyong Bluth 02-06-2014 03:30 PM

I'm starting to think we're almost setting it up for all being wrong, and he'll end up doing a fantastic job. Murphy's Law

Aries Walker 02-06-2014 05:04 PM

Joaquin's performance as Commodus tells me he would have made a cracking Lex Luthor. Pity.

DC should stick to TV shows. They do TV shows much better. NBC would kill to air a Batman, Superman, or Justice League show.

Sure-Oz 02-06-2014 05:13 PM

This could be a cluster**** movie....Affleck i was like ok i'll give him a chance but Eisenberg just seems way off

keg in kc 02-06-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10417862)
Joaquin's performance as Commodus tells me he would have made a cracking Lex Luthor. Pity.

DC should stick to TV shows. They do TV shows much better. NBC would kill to air a Batman, Superman, or Justice League show.

One has forgotten the 90s Flash and the 00s Birds of Prey methinks.

Aries Walker 02-06-2014 08:15 PM

Birds of Prey was sabotaged from the beginning; if WB had supported it - either with money or by allowing them to reference canon materials without fear that it would sap interest in potential future Batman movies - it would have been as good as, say, Smallville. It also had a ridiculously small budget.

Same with 90's Flash. They did stupid things, like re-imagining his Rogue's Gallery of villains a little too much (David Cassidy as Mirror Master!), and by the time they realized, it was too late. (Bonus fact: A friend of mine played Iris West in the pilot. Cool.)

Also, don't forget Lois and Clark, which was both good and popular, for twice as long as Birds of Prey and The Flash combined. And if you really want to delve into the archives, there's The Adventures of Superman, Batman ('66, and which had a shared universe with The Green Hornet four decades before what would become the Avengers movies), and Shazam, hits all.

And there's Arrow now. They can do TV.

007 02-06-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10418190)
Birds of Prey was sabotaged from the beginning; if WB had supported it - either with money or by allowing them to reference canon materials without fear that it would sap interest in potential future Batman movies - it would have been as good as, say, Smallville. It also had a ridiculously small budget.

Same with 90's Flash. They did stupid things, like re-imagining his Rogue's Gallery of villains a little too much (David Cassidy as Mirror Master!), and by the time they realized, it was too late. (Bonus fact: A friend of mine played Iris West in the pilot. Cool.)

Also, don't forget Lois and Clark, which was both good and popular, for twice as long as Birds of Prey and The Flash combined. And if you really want to delve into the archives, there's The Adventures of Superman, Batman ('66, and which had a shared universe with The Green Hornet four decades before what would become the Avengers movies), and Shazam, hits all.

And there's Arrow now. They can do TV.

http://epguides.com/Shazam/cast.jpg

Psyko Tek 02-06-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10416919)
They can do a Batman Beyond thing with Grampa Affleck mentoring the "new" Batman. Which might be good because it would be a new kind of dynamic after, what 2.5 decades of Batman on film? It'll all depend on what happens with Justice League, which is what this movie's really setting up anyway.

ot liking that take, I did like batman beyond
but
Bruce Wayne IS Batman

Psyko Tek 02-06-2014 08:36 PM

the more "new" characters they cram into a movie the more it will such

I agree Luther IS supes' main villian should have got his own movie in the reboot
and yeah they are using this for Justice League origin story

Aries Walker 02-06-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10418201)

That was the 70's, baby.

GordonGekko 02-06-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10417655)
I'm starting to think we're almost setting it up for all being wrong, and he'll end up doing a fantastic job. Murphy's Law

Yeah. Didn't people hate Heath Ledger as the choice for Joker when it was announced?

Although I'm still going to be a skeptic, I did enjoy Social Network and Zombieland though. Haven't seen his other stuff.

keg in kc 02-06-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10418229)
the more "new" characters they cram into a movie the more it will such

I agree Luther IS supes' main villian should have got his own movie in the reboot
and yeah they are using this for Justice League origin story

Aside from Lex and Wayne, who both have large roles (some interesting stuff about Luthor's purported origin online today....), everybody else that's been mentioned could just be a cameo. Just because Diana Prince is in the movie, for example, it doesn't mean she has a significant role.

007 02-07-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10418389)
Aside from Lex and Wayne, who both have large roles (some interesting stuff about Luthor's purported origin online today....), everybody else that's been mentioned could just be a cameo. Just because Diana Prince is in the movie, for example, it doesn't mean she has a significant role.

But the anger is over the actor they got to portray her. Doesn't matter if she only has a couple minutes of screen time if person just doesn't fit.

The Franchise 02-07-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10418389)

That's just it though. Cameos are reeruned unless they're in the end of the movie and you're setting up another one.

Hawkeye in the first Thor movie? ****ing stupid. Dipshit doesn't even do anything....just stands up there. Why the **** was he even there?

Fire Me Boy! 02-07-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10418927)
That's just it though. Cameos are reeruned unless they're in the end of the movie and you're setting up another one.

Hawkeye in the first Thor movie? ****ing stupid. Dipshit doesn't even do anything....just stands up there. Why the **** was he even there?

So fanboys could go, "OMGOMGOMG! didyoujustseeHawkeyethatwassobadass! OMG!"

The Franchise 02-07-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10418951)
So fanboys could go, "OMGOMGOMG! didyoujustseeHawkeyethatwassobadass! OMG!"

Fanboys are part of the problem.....myself included.

keg in kc 02-07-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10418927)

I would assume that's exactly what they would be in this movie, setup for JL.

The Franchise 02-07-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10418997)
I would assume that's exactly what they would be in this movie, setup for JL.

Has anyone ever "announced" that a character was going to be in the movie....just as a cameo? Usually it's more of a surprise...

Setsuna 02-07-2014 08:37 PM

Lex Luthor did heinous things without batting an eye. He played roles like a G. If he needed to be a kiss up he would be but he'd always be in control, 3 steps ahead of everyone with fail safe plans up the ying yang. This kid will not cut it.

keg in kc 02-08-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10419015)
Has anyone ever "announced" that a character was going to be in the movie....just as a cameo? Usually it's more of a surprise...

Unfortunately nothing is ever a surprise in today's world. Most of the announcements are just to offset casting leaks. Like Vision a day or two ago.

Tribal Warfare 04-03-2014 11:39 PM

Holly Hunter Added to Superman-Batman Cast

Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey and Tao Okamoto have joined the cast of Warner Bros.’ untitled Superman-Batman movie being directed by Zack Snyder.

Mulvey was most recently seen in 300: Rise of an Empire and Okamoto appeared in The Wolverine. All three actors will play characters newly created for the film.

The trio join Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent, Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince. The studio’s announcement follows the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, who co-starred in Man of Steel, are also returning.

007 04-04-2014 12:21 AM

What the hell is HOlly Hunter going to play. Some midget superhero with a southern drawl?