ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geno Smith vs Alex Smith - It's on. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272597)

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797848)
Prove it

Go look at his regular season stats. He sucked his team you know the best OLine, Running game, and defense in those years got him to the playoffs. He was along for the ride.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797853)
Go look at his regular season stats. He sucked his team you know the best OLine, Running game, and defense in those years got him to the playoffs. He was along for the ride.

Perhaps. But at least he was riding. Lil' Chiefy Cassel, on the other hand, was like a dog being dragged by it's leash as it scoots it's butt across the green, green grass of Arrowhead.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797850)
Get used to that dynamic!(again)

We don't have the defense or the running game style that those teams have. Our running game is not really a ground and pound like they were back then. Our running game is more of a slash and big run. So I don't think Alex is going to be able to ride anything.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Yup the defense completed every pass.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797854)
Perhaps. But at least he was riding. Lil' Chiefy Cassel, on the other hand, was like a dog being dragged by it's leash as it scoots it's butt across the green, green grass of Arrowhead.

Yeah he was with the exceptions of the times he had Weiss and McDaniels as his OC.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

LMAO

****ing lame.

He was an integral part of their success in 2009 and 2010. There is absolute NO WAY to project that had he been replaced by someone else, that the team would have been in the Championship game two years in a row.

There's a thing called "chemistry". There's a thing called "trust". Sanchez had both the chemistry with his teammates and their trust (along with the trust of the coaching staff) in order for them to appear in back-to-back AFC Championship games.

Is he the greatest QB in the world? Hell no. But he was at the right place at the right time with the right coaches and team mates. To say that they would have been there with someone else is just plain ****ing dumb.

Oh, and how did that work out for the 2001 Baltimore Ravens? Didn't they "upgrade" their QB position? What was the result?

Moron.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9797857)

Nope.

Just as ****ing dumb as always.

JFC, what you know about football could fit in my peehole.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9797857)

No but Sanchez sure did throw 20 INTs that year as well as 8 fumbles. While completing 53% of his passes and a QBR of 31.6 :doh!:

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797858)
Yeah he was with the exceptions of the times he had Weiss and McDaniels as his OC.

The "spark-to-suck" ratio between Cassel and Sanchez in 09 and 10 isn't even close. Marky Snatchz wasted that fool.

Marcellus 07-07-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797862)
Nope.

Just as ****ing dumb as always.

JFC, what you know about football could fit in my peehole.

You do realize thats not even a an actual response dont you?

Insults do not = counter argument.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797860)
LMAO

****ing lame.

He was an integral part of their success in 2009 and 2010. There is absolute NO WAY to project that had he been replaced by someone else, that the team would have been in the Championship game two years in a row.

There's a thing called "chemistry". There's a thing called "trust". Sanchez had both the chemistry with his teammates and their trust (along with the trust of the coaching staff) in order for them to appear in back-to-back AFC Championship games.

Is he the greatest QB in the world? Hell no. But he was at the right place at the right time with the right coaches and team mates. To say that they would have been there with someone else is just plain ****ing dumb.

Oh, and how did that work out for the 2001 Baltimore Ravens? Didn't they "upgrade" their QB position? What was the result?

Moron.

I didn't say any of this Bullshit that you are spewing here. I said Sanchez was along for the ride. He did not LEAD that team during the regular season at all. He was horrible. But in the playoffs he was able to keep his turnovers down and complete timely passes with more effectiveness than he could or has EVER DONE during the regular season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797871)
I didn't say any of this Bullshit that you are spewing here. I said Sanchez was along for the ride. He did not LEAD that team during the regular season at all. He was horrible. But in the playoffs he was able to keep his turnovers down and complete timely passes with more effectiveness than he could or has EVER DONE during the regular season.

Which is exactly the kind of QB Chiefs fans are risk-averse to.

OH LAWDY; GIVES ME SOME REGULAR SEASON WINS! AND IF'S WE GET OUR ASSES BEAT IN A WILD CARD, AT LEAST WE WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Marcellus 07-07-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797863)
No but Sanchez sure did throw 20 INTs that year as well as 8 fumbles. While completing 53% of his passes and a QBR of 31.6 :doh!:

Sanchez deserves every bit of hate and vitriol he gets. He sucks.

I still dont buy into the along for the ride concept but I do believe in ascending and descending players.

Sanchez is a descending player.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797871)

The regular season is irrelevant, which is why they went to AFC Championship game two years in a row.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9797874)

I still dont buy into the along for the ride concept but I do believe in ascending and descending players.

Sanchez is ass.

But Cassel is worse.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797873)
Which is exactly the kind of QB Chiefs fans are risk-averse to.

OH LAWDY; GIVES ME SOME REGULAR SEASON WINS! AND IF'S WE GET OUR ASSES BEAT IN A WILD CARD, AT LEAST WE WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Oh I didn't know it was expecting too much to expect a QB to be good no matter when the game is. I don't want a player that is only good here or there. Peyton Manning is the biggest playoff choker of all time but he would be welcomed by the masses if he were to have come here. Because you have to win during the regular season before you even have a chance in the post season.
I don't want Manning either. I want a dude that can win in the regular season and in the post season.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797876)
The regular season is irrelevant, which is why they went to AFC Championship game two years in a row.

It is irrelevant if you WIN enough games to get into the playoffs. If you can call that irrelevant.
Home field advantage is irrelevant.

chiefzilla1501 07-07-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9797874)

I am not a Sanchez fan. I don't think it helps that he was coached under Ryan. Would love to see how he fares under a disciplinary coach.

-King- 07-07-2013 10:44 PM

Mark Sanchez, the only QB in NFL history to have 4 straight games with under 50% completion.

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 10:44 PM

I would take Cassel and Weiss or McDaniels over Sanchez with Schottenheimer. I would take Sanchez and Schottenheimer over Cassel with any OC other than those 2 though.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9797895)
Mark Sanchez, the only QB in NFL history to have 4 straight games with under 50% completion.

In December 2009, when the legendary Matt Cassel was shitting to the bed to an empty Arrowhead stadium, Mark Sanchez was helping his team make the playoffs.

Say what you will about his stats but there's no way on this earth that Matt Cassel had the guts or wits about him to do the same thing.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9797883)
It is irrelevant if you WIN enough games to get into the playoffs. If you can call that irrelevant.
Home field advantage is irrelevant.

:facepalm:

Tribal Warfare 07-07-2013 11:18 PM

Seriously, now I don't give a **** what Geno does. We have to deal with Alex now, and that opportunity in snagging Geno is gone. If you don't like it you can always pull an "Alexsexual" and follow him to the Jets BB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9797919)
Seriously, now I don't give a **** what Geno does. We have to deal with Alex now, and that opportunity in snagging Geno is gone. If you don't like it you can always pull an "Alexsexual" and follow him to the Jets BB.

A "Chocosexual"?

Tribal Warfare 07-07-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9797925)
A "Chocopeniisexual"?

borrowing from your phrase

rico 07-08-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797911)
In December 2009, when the legendary Matt Cassel was shitting to the bed to an empty Arrowhead stadium, Mark Sanchez was helping his team make the playoffs.

Say what you will about his stats but there's no way on this earth that Matt Cassel had the guts or wits about him to do the same thing.

Every time I think of Sanchez and his failure(s) to live up to expectations, I can't help, but think of that game where we played the Jets, I believe in 2011, where he just lit us up. It was a Palko game. I think he threw 2 TD's and ran for 2 TD's and no INT's to my recollection (some awesome fantasy points that weekend :))

I don't know if the Chiefs enabled him to do so well, but he performed better in that game vs. the Chiefs than Cassel is even half-way capable of performing. I've always scratched my head in wonder as to why he has been unable to produce consistently because the dude was money vs. us in that game.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-08-2013 06:02 AM

Lol this poll isn't even close

Hammock Parties 07-08-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9798043)
Lol this poll isn't even close

Lots of homers.

WhiteWhale 07-08-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797911)

Those Jets teams were stacked with talent.

Even Cassel won 11 games with the Patriots.

They both completely suck shit. The Jets won in spite of Sanchez.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2013 05:38 PM

It's August, and Geno's camp reports are glowing.

Alex Smith has been disappointing.

These are the days of our lives.

Kaepernick 08-01-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9797895)

You are kidding, right?

Tim Tebow:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=pfr&url=%2Fplayers%2FT%2FTeboTi00%2Fgamelog%2F2011%2F&div=div_stats"></script>

DaneMcCloud 08-01-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9851679)

Jonathan Baldwin

beach tribe 08-01-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9851679)

Can I get a link to Smith being disappointing?

Sandy Vagina 08-01-2013 06:25 PM

The butthurt is flowing strong after a few TC practices!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...eerpopcorn.gif

beach tribe 08-01-2013 06:30 PM

Geno.
The Jets' Devard Darling.
Poised for a BIG year.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9851752)
Can I get a link to Smith being disappointing?

Chiefsplanet.com

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2013 09:22 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6372334592/hC0C25917/

beach tribe 08-01-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9851944)
Chiefsplanet.com

touche
I actually posted an article in the TC thread that talked about Smith's pick six and how the D whipped their asses today.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2013 09:24 PM

Me and Dane on this subject:
(I'm the top cat)

http://img2.demotywatoryfb.pl//uploa...SKAR_inner.gif

Eleazar 08-01-2013 09:27 PM

How is this a poll?

okcchief 08-01-2013 09:44 PM

Because training camp reports matter.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 05:12 PM

Geno Smith to get 1st team reps tonight.

tonyetony 08-09-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9871397)

Why isn't he starting after all those glowing training camp reports?

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 9871412)
Why isn't he starting after all those glowing training camp reports?

The Jets would probably like to see what he can do in a real game first, genious.

tonyetony 08-09-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9871397)

RG3 and Luck both started their 1st preseason game and Geno couldn't beat out Sanchez? hmmmmmmm lol

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 9871424)
RG3 and Luck both started their 1st preseason game and Geno couldn't beat out Sanchez? hmmmmmmm lol

Don't be an idiot.

tonyetony 08-09-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9871426)
Don't be an idiot.

I watched ninety percent of Geno's games last year and I must admit he puts a sweet touch on the ball... BUT.....when a defense starts changing the presnap looks he freaks out. He might look good in practice and will probably look ok against vanilla preseason D's. Once he is forced to read a defense in the regular season you are going to be very disappointed Claynus.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9871426)
Don't be an idiot.

Geno Smith fails to impress before limping off the field

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...off-the-field/

Shocking, I tell ya. Shocking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9815800)
Geno > Cam

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 08:51 PM

Geno and Alex basically did the same BS tonight so not sure what you're crowing about.

He was fine for his first pro appearance.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873151)
Geno and Alex basically did the same BS tonight so not sure what you're crowing about.

Every possession Smith played ended with a punt.

LMAO

I can't wait until Smith scores 30 TD's and throws for 4,000 yards this season.

Quote:

Geno > Cam

Ace Gunner 08-09-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873151)

you are slowly stepping into quicksand and I for one will applaud your slow, blunted suffering :D

Easy 6 08-09-2013 08:55 PM

STOP. IT.

Geno is a NON-ENTITY IN KC... why waste mental energy worrying about what he does or doesnt do.

**** him, give me a raw, 6'6 Bray with a windcarving arm and room to put on a lot of muscle who basically never thinks about running.

Geno isnt here, **** him yay me.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9873185)
STOP. IT.

Geno is a NON-ENTITY IN KC... why waste mental energy worrying about what he does or doesnt do.

**** him, give me a raw, 6'6 Bray with a windcarving arm and room to put on a lot of muscle who basically never thinks about running.

Geno isnt here, **** him yay me.

While I agree with you in principle, I am going to ****ing BURY Claynus for the way he's treated me this offseason due to my differing (and correct, I might add) opinion about Geno Smith.

I will never forget. And neither will he.

Easy 6 08-09-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9873328)
While I agree with you in principle, I am going to ****ing BURY Claynus for the way he's treated me this offseason due to my differing (and correct, I might add) opinion about Geno Smith.

I will never forget. And neither will he.

LMAO i honestly look forward to the coming rivalry, as long as you both keep it out of the Fraz vs Native realm... i'm not sure how to quantify it, but at some point it gets distincly un-fun to read and somehow debases us all.

But yep, Clay purposefully trolls to incite reactions i'm pretty sure not even he believes... nonetheless, he shouldnt go anywhere and neither should you.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9873374)
LMAO i honestly look forward to the coming rivalry, as long as you both keep it out of the Fraz vs Native realm

With all due respect to my friend Fraz, I'm not going there.

This is about Claynus acting like a know-it-all douche when in reality, he's clueless.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9873409)

This is about Claynus acting like a know-it-all douche when in reality, he's clueless.

You sure are hot and bothered tonight over preseason, week 1.

Brando 08-09-2013 09:23 PM

What? No mention of Geno rolling his ankle?

AussieChiefsFan 08-09-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873418)

That's a bit hypocritical don't you think?

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873418)

Part of the process

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 09:27 PM

This is a marathon, not a sprint, Dane.

Fortunately I've got 10 years of Geno and you've got maybe 4 years of Alex.

Time is on my side.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9873432)
That's a bit hypocritical don't you think?

Yes, Dane is very hypocritical. Good point.

AussieChiefsFan 08-09-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873444)

Time is on my side.

If neither player progresses in 4 years, then I don't think Geno vs Alex Smith will matter much.

AussieChiefsFan 08-09-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873446)
Yes, Dane is very hypocritical. Good point.

Nevermind.

Brando 08-09-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Time is on my side.

I will sprint to this conclusion, Geno is not an NFL QB and you are an insufferable ****.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9873456)
I will sprint to this conclusion, Geno is not an NFL QB and you are an insufferable ****.

Interesting how much your opinion would swing if Geno was a Chief.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 09:33 PM

Sorry haters. He's fine.

Quote:

Geno Smith said that x-rays revealed no fracture. "I expect to play" vs Jags in next game #nyj — @MMehtaNYDN via Twitter

Brando 08-09-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873466)
Interesting how much your opinion would swing if Geno was a Chief.

I would have been so pissed if the Chief's drafted happy feet. Can't handle pressure.
This has nothing to do with us drafting a qb. It has to do with Geno not being the right one.

Easy 6 08-09-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9873409)

Frazod is one of my friends, but i'm not afraid to tell him or Native that what they were doing made them both look bad.

Its definitely a fine line in many cases, but at some point someone needs to be the grownup.

Brando 08-09-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873474)
Sorry haters. He's fine.

Unfortunately the Jets will never fix his head.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Time is on my side.

Bullshit, Mother****er.

Geno Smith is a Franchise QB. He's better than Cam Newton. He's worthy of 1.1. That's what you've been saying for 10 months and you've acted like a ****ing dick to me because I disagreed about his value and talent.

He'll throw for 4,000 yards and score 30 TD's THIS YEAR, just like Cam.

Otherwise, shit is all over your face. Like that's anything new.

Brando 08-09-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9873518)
Bullshit, Mother****er.

Geno Smith is a Franchise QB. He's better than Cam Newton. He's worthy of 1.1. That's what you've been saying for 10 months and you've acted like a ****ing dick to me because I disagreed about his value and talent.

Otherwise, shit is all over your face. Like that's anything new.

C'mon man you just got him half chubbed.

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9873518)

I never said this...

You're going a bit overboard.

A guy is worth 1.1 based on the long haul, not what he does as a rookie. And not once have I ever said he would explode this year.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873537)
I never said this...

LMAO

Quote:

Geno > Cam

Brando 08-09-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

I never said this...

A guy is worth 1.1 based on the long haul, not what he does as a rookie. And not once have I ever said he would explode this year.

Hey pot it's me kettle.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

LMAO

You really are ****ing clueless. Seriously.

And I don't really care for calling people on message forums "liars", but if the shoe fits...

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 9873543)
Hey pot it's me kettle.

Hey penis, it's me, Claynus

Ace Gunner 08-09-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

I never said this...

just tear off your head and shit down your neck and get it over with

Hammock Parties 08-09-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9873541)
LMAO

Yes, I said I think Geno will be a better QB than Cam.

That doesn't mean IMMEDIATELY, moron.

You are really desperate for anything since you've been getting clowned around here since last preseason...

Brando 08-09-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873572)

You are really desperate for anything since you've been getting clowned around here since last preseason...

Geno is the final piece of the Jets qb trinity. First there was dirty Sanchez, then there was Teblow, now it's CFL Smith.

DaneMcCloud 08-09-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9873572)

You must live in the same world as your parasite, SDH.

I KNEW you were going to be a ****ing pussy and back off your claim, even though you've posted numerous homoerotic statements about your love of Geno Smith, even though he dropped to the second round, etc. and so on.

You're a piece of dogshit, Claynus. DOGSHIT.