ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590238)
And highly paid GM's and head coaches are never wrong, right? Or is it just because they are now associated with the Chiefs, it's gonna work out?

Look we aren't completely off base here. I know GMs make mistakes. I have lived it for 20 years now.

I also know just because they become KC GM's and coaches they don't all of a sudden grow a fear of drafting a QB and become incompetent.

People here have no differentiation skills.

Which would be great if you were 13 and had a hot teacher.

BossChief 04-15-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590235)
Geno shit down his leg at the worst moments. And when the world was watching to see if he was the man. I was hoping and praying he would kill it.

He looked horrible. Not just bad horrible.

He looked bad against Clemson the his junior bowl game?

Against LSU as a Junior?

Against Texas as a senior?

GTFO with that shit.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9590253)
actually you have that wrong

if Geno Smith was the model for consistency, we should have no problem trading down, because that means some team would actually want him

Why does it work for one, but no the other?

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9590253)
actually you have that wrong

if Geno Smith was the model for consistency, we should have no problem trading down, because that means some team would actually want him

For some reason the fact nobody else wants Geno in the top 3 or more gets continually overlooked.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590235)
Geno shit down his leg at the worst moments. And when the world was watching to see if he was the man. I was hoping and praying he would kill it.

He looked horrible. Not just bad horrible.

Riiiiiiiggghhht....

I know what Geno did and did not do in 2012. I think I'll trust my own well-researched analysis over untrue statements like, "shit down his leg."

If "shit down his leg" describes Geno, it describes several fantastic pro QBs who had handfuls of losses in college.

Including.... *gasp*...

Andrew. Luck.

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnn

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590256)
He looked bad against Clemson the his junior bowl game?

Against LSU as a Junior?

Against Texas as a senior?

GTFO with that shit.

You know when he sucked.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9590221)
What are you going to do after draft day with your avy and sig?

http://www.hjertemod.dk/wp-content/u.../celebrate.gif

O.city 04-15-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590261)
For some reason the fact nobody else wants Geno in the top 3 or more gets continually overlooked.

What about the fact that everyone in the top 5 or 6 wants to trade down, what does that say about all these players at the top? Talk about something that gets overlooked.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9590263)
Riiiiiiiggghhht....

I know what Geno did and did not do in 2012. I think I'll trust my own well-researched analysis over untrue statements like, "shit down his leg."

If "shit down his leg" describes Geno, it describes several fantastic pro QBs who had handfuls of losses in college.

Including.... *gasp*...

Andrew. Luck.

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnn

If Geno is Luck why does nobody want the #1 Pick?

penbrook 04-15-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590267)
You know when he sucked.

And that was when? His defense allowed on average 48 points allowed in Genos losses.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590271)
What about the fact that everyone in the top 5 or 6 wants to trade down, what does that say about all these players at the top? Talk about something that gets overlooked.

It tells you they aren't that good,including Geno. WTF do you mean it's overlooked? That's been the topic for 50 posts.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:47 PM

Some of these threads are going to be maniacal in a few years to look back at. Hell, in about a week and a half they will be.

jspchief 04-15-2013 08:47 PM

This team should beg to get out of the NFL.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590280)
And that was when? His defense allowed on average 48 points allowed in Genos losses.

His defense gave up the safety where he threw the ball in the ground and then pouted on the sideline?

O.city 04-15-2013 08:49 PM

JFC. There are legit concerns about Geno as a prospect. Really serious concerns. But him "pouting" on the sidelines?

I've never ever witnessed a successful NFL QB get upset and go "pout" on the sideline.

KChiefs1 04-15-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590219)
I was never a fan of Ponder and Jacksonville is just a shithole of a team to get drafted by. No talent.

If Gabbert were in this draft, I'd love to see what Andy Reid could do with him.

I'm a Mizzou fan & I would have shit a brick if Pioli drafted him.

KChiefs1 04-15-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590283)
Some of these threads are going to be maniacal in a few years to look back at. Hell, in about a week and a half they will be.

So many of them will be bumped whether Geno is great or a bust.

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:50 PM

Some FACTS for the Geno crowd who say "oh well Johnny Football was a big part of Luke Joeckel's success."

34% of Tavon Austin's passes were screens as seen below.

http://nugap.files.wordpress.com/201...gets.gif?w=594

Of course Austin caught a high number of screens. Even after adjusting for those sweep screens, approximately 34% of his receptions were screens. This is higher than any wide receiver in this class.

Including screens, 78% of his receptions were within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. This seems high but is actually lower than Keenan Allen’s 86% within the same zones.

Although low, Austin’s 7% of receptions past 20 yards isn’t the lowest in the class. Keenan Allen only caught 3.33% of his passes past 20 yards and Cordarrelle Patterson only caught 4% past 20 yards.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...akdown-austin/

While not on this chart, Austin averaged 7.3 yards after the catch in all zones. The receiver with the next highest yards after the catch is Stedman Bailey, Austin’s former teammate. That’s an incredibly high number.

And here's this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/ta...e/tavon-austin

West Virginia Passing By Target This Season
Austin Bailey
Targets 140 141
Rec 110 106
Yards 1,259 1,501
YAC 909 553

TD 12 23 <<
>> Leads FBS

JFC 72% of Tavon Austin's receiving yards were YAC.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:51 PM

There damn near isn't a player in the first round that you can't look at and think if you miss out on them, there isn't a guy I can get in the 3 round that could be just as good.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590311)
Some FACTS for the Geno crowd who say "oh well Johnny Football was a big part of Luke Joeckel's success."

34% of Tavon Austin's passes were screens as seen below.

http://nugap.files.wordpress.com/201...gets.gif?w=594

Of course Austin caught a high number of screens. Even after adjusting for those sweep screens, approximately 34% of his receptions were screens. This is higher than any wide receiver in this class.

Including screens, 78% of his receptions were within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. This seems high but is actually lower than Keenan Allen’s 86% within the same zones.

Although low, Austin’s 7% of receptions past 20 yards isn’t the lowest in the class. Keenan Allen only caught 3.33% of his passes past 20 yards and Cordarrelle Patterson only caught 4% past 20 yards.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...akdown-austin/

While not on this chart, Austin averaged 7.3 yards after the catch in all zones. The receiver with the next highest yards after the catch is Stedman Bailey, Austin’s former teammate. That’s an incredibly high number.

And here's this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/ta...e/tavon-austin

West Virginia Passing By Target This Season
Austin Bailey
Targets 140 141
Rec 110 106
Yards 1,259 1,501
YAC 909 553

TD 12 23 <<
>> Leads FBS

JFC 72% of Tavon Austin's receiving yards were YAC.

How does this determine whether Joeckel was helped out by Johnny Football?

RealSNR 04-15-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590277)

Stop.

Scroll back down to my post.

Hit yourself in the face with a crowbar three times.

Re-read my post.

Try again.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:55 PM

I'm in no means a "Geno fanboy" whatever that means, but I'd venture to say that most college WR's have stats somewhat similar to that. It's just the way the game is.

Also, if someone were to say that Wes Welkers numbers were at that level, what would we say about Tom Brady?

RunKC 04-15-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590329)
How does this determine whether Joeckel was helped out by Johnny Football?

I'm just tired of people saying another good prospect looked good because of a teammate but yet they ignore their star prospect whose teammates clearly made him look good.

The numbers are very telling.

O.city 04-15-2013 08:59 PM

So the fact taht Joeckel is a LT coming from a spread offense wont' effect him at all in adjusting to the NFL?

DTLB58 04-15-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590228)
You've seriously gone full reerun.

Tell me why Geno doesn't deserve to be picked by the Chiefs at #1.

I'm waiting.

The #1 overall pick (QB) usually isn't coming off a 7-6 season. One with 5 straight losses at one point, loss of his bowl game, 78 sacks in his college career and 32 fumbles.
IF those were Cassel's #'s coming out of USC do you think we would be jumping for joy for him? No, you would say he can't lead his team through the tough stretches of a season, he holds on to the ball to long and he has small hands.

RunKC 04-15-2013 09:02 PM

Also something to note: Stedman Bailey is the best WR in this draft with an astounding 6.24 YAC average.

That's insane.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 09:05 PM

One of the SoC douchenozzles going up against Pen(DumbAsShit)Book

This is awesome.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9590366)
The #1 overall pick (QB) usually isn't coming off a 7-6 season. One with 5 straight losses at one point, loss of his bowl game, 78 sacks in his college career and 32 fumbles.
IF those were Cassel's #'s coming out of USC do you think we would be jumping for joy for him? No, you would say he can't lead his team through the tough stretches of a season, he holds on to the ball to long and he has small hands.

Well, we can point to the fact that despite West Virginia having one of the worst defenses in college football, an offensive line that was a sieve and losing the starting RB early in the season while competing in a conference that had five teams in the top 25 at one point or another during the 2012 season, Geno still managed to lead his team to a post season Bowl game.

As well, whether one wants to or doesn't want to consider the horrendous offensive line that he had to play behind or the craptactular WVU defense that forced him to play behind from most of the season, Geno still managed to put up statistics that rivaled the previous seasons Heisman trophy winner and the guy that many said was the best QB prospect since John Elway.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590375)
Also something to note: Stedman Bailey is the best WR in this draft with an astounding 6.24 YAC average.

That's insane.

So are you of the opinion that Geno had nothing to do with those WR's YAC numbers?

RunKC 04-15-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590421)
So are you of the opinion that Geno had nothing to do with those WR's YAC numbers?

In most cases yes. I saw a lot of screen passes that were taken for a ton of YAC and the numbers are proving it.

keg in kc 04-15-2013 09:11 PM

I'm "begging" for the draft to be over so I can stop thinking/talking/caring.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590228)
You've seriously gone full reerun.

Tell me why Geno doesn't deserve to be picked by the Chiefs at #1.

I'm waiting.

Why aren't QB needy teams scraping and crawling up to #1 overall, especially after the Chiefs have let it be known they're willing to move out?

O.city 04-15-2013 09:14 PM

Lets just get it over with, trade down with Philly to 4, get a 2 this year and a 2 next year, take Sheldon Richardson and move one.

Oh and try and pry our DC from the Browns after we got ****ed on that one.

patteeu 04-15-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590129)
And I ask again, what was he supposed to say? You think in the depths of his mind he really woudln't rather be sitting on what Matt Ryan is today, than Jake Long?

I don't know. I'm not in his head.

You can't say either way because we don't know what Matt Ryan would have turned into there. He's had a pretty great situation there in Atlanta.

I can tell you that what he said directly contradicts what Buckweath said when he was trying to tell us what was in Ireland's head. For some reason, you didn't bother to point out that we can't know these things (since we aren't in Ireland's head) to Buckweath.

RunKC 04-15-2013 09:14 PM

The most QB needy teams have made it abundantly clear that no QB is worth their pick.

KC, OAK, ARI and BUF all signed veteran QB's.

We even heard BUF's GM say that this QB class isn't that good at all.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9590443)
I can tell you that what he said directly contradicts what Buckweath said when he was trying to tell us what was in Ireland's head.

And I'm saying it doesn't really matter what's in Irelands head, he's a moron and a shit GM.

penbrook 04-15-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590444)
The most QB needy teams have made it abundantly clear that no QB is worth their pick.

Same with Arizona. Arians said no QB Wowed him.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590431)
Why aren't QB needy teams scraping and crawling up to #1 overall, especially after the Chiefs have let it be known they're willing to move out?

Beats me.

Perhaps the same reason that 23 teams passed on Aaron Rogers. That Tom Brady lasted until the 6th round. That Warren Moon went undrafted.

Perhaps the same reason that you usually don't see teams going bat shit crazy about trading up into the top three every single year with the exception of last year with the Redskins, and we all know that Dan Snyder and Mike Shanahan are, in fact, both bat shit crazy.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590444)

Then we shouldn't waste a pick on a QB in any round, right? When there are other potential better players available, why take a player at a position that isn't very good?

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590450)
Perhaps the same reason that 23 teams passed on Aaron Rogers.

Bullshit.

DTLB58 04-15-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590419)
Well, we can point to the fact that despite West Virginia having one of the worst defenses in college football, an offensive line that was a sieve and losing the starting RB early in the season while competing in a conference that had five teams in the top 25 at one point or another during the 2012 season, Geno still managed to lead his team to a post season Bowl game.

As well, whether one wants to or doesn't want to consider the horrendous offensive line that he had to play behind or the craptactular WVU defense that forced him to play behind from most of the season, Geno still managed to put up statistics that rivaled the previous seasons Heisman trophy winner and the guy that many said was the best QB prospect since John Elway.

Even though it wasn't directed at me, you asked why shouldn't he be the Chiefs pick, not why should he. So I focused on the neg not the positive.

Listen, I don't hate the guy. If the Chiefs some how obtain Geno I am not going to go ape shit and be all ticked off. I said when the off-season started I wanted 3 new QB's so that would be mission accomplished.

I'm just not a huge Geno/Alex Lover or Hater of either.

RunKC 04-15-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590442)
Lets just get it over with, trade down with Philly to 4, get a 2 this year and a 2 next year, take Sheldon Richardson and move one.

I'm willing to give our DC a shot. I love it that he wants to attack.

That article in the star was very promising. I want us to have blitzes and DL pushing upfield instead of rarely blitzing and using that "read and react" bullshit that Romeo used and it seems like we're going to do just that.

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590442)

Call me crazy, but I'm not overly excited about drafting a guy in the top ten who quit on his team during a game.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590465)

That article in the star was very promising. I want us to have blitzes and DL pushing upfield instead of rarely blitzing and using that "read and react" bullshit that Romeo used.

I wouldn't get too fired up about articles.

At this point, it sounds good, but all we really have to go on is his past history as a DC, which isn't exactly sparkling.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9590123)
Repped

haha there you go, Runtard; there's your new best buddy. Idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590459)
Bullshit.

No it's not.

23 teams didn't think that Rogers was worth a first round pick. And I guarantee you that all 23 of those teams would give their left nut to have him now.

If you are suggesting that there is a reason why we aren't getting offers of multiple first rounders for Geno, it's because teams don't think that he's worth that much. Same as Rogers not being worth a first rounder to those 23 teams.

I don't see how you can say "bullshit" to that.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590466)
Call me crazy, but I'm not overly excited about drafting a guy in the top ten who quit on his team during a game.

Easy.

You're crazy. :)

I think Richardson ends up being the best defensive player from this draft. Someone mark this post. I think he has Aldon Smith potential effect on a game, from a different position of course.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590465)

That article in the star was very promising. I want us to have blitzes and DL pushing upfield instead of rarely blitzing and using that "read and react" bullshit that Romeo used and it seems like we're going to do just that.

getting excited over Star articles. Idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9590426)
In most cases yes. I saw a lot of screen passes that were taken for a ton of YAC and the numbers are proving it.

You saw a lot of screen basses...to Bailey? I rarely ever saw screen passes to Bailey.

patteeu 04-15-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590186)
Yeah, no shit.

We've sat thru 30 years of that mantra though. You also don't trade for a back up Qb just to do it.

Has anyone ever presented that argument? I can't remember ever seeing it. I *have* seen plenty of people insisting that it's the right thing to do to reach for a relatively unheralded QB in the draft to "try" to strike gold though.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:22 PM

Give me Sheldon Richardson and Paul Kruger in this draft, along with a new ILB and we could have something in the making on defense.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 09:23 PM

jokel, jordan, and fisher. Your "BPA's". Idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

RunKC 04-15-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590493)
Give me Sheldon Richardson and Paul Kruger in this draft, along with a new ILB and we could have something in the making on defense.

I'm with you. That would be awesome.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9590492)
Has anyone ever presented that argument? I can't remember ever seeing it. I *have* seen plenty of people insisting that it's the right thing to do to reach for a relatively unheralded QB in the draft to "try" to strike gold though.

I don't know. I wasn't around much there for a bit.

It's probably about as bad as trading for a QB who has questionable upside and an injury history.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9590492)

Back up QBs traded to new teams who played in the Super Bowl with that team:

Matt Hasselbeck
Brett Favre

There's your argument.

patteeu 04-15-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590448)
And I'm saying it doesn't really matter what's in Irelands head, he's a moron and a shit GM.

Why do you think I care about what you think of Ireland?

Saccopoo 04-15-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590493)

Joe Kruger.

I think he's got a real future in an attacking 34 like Sutton is going to run.

Dude has a high motor, high athleticism, good instincts, plays nasty and strong.

I'd love to see him on this team.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9590511)
Why do you think I care about what you think of Ireland?

Guess I don't. Obviously you don't hold me in very high esteem so I guess it doesn't really matter.

DTLB58 04-15-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590431)

Dorsey said it, was it right before or after the combine? There isn't a consensus choice by everyone through out the league who is the best QB in this draft.

The only place where there is a majority is CP.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9590527)
Dorsey said it, was it right before or after the combine? There isn't a consensus choice by everyone through out the league who is the best QB in this draft.

Yeah, really wish he wouldn't have said that right about now.

RunKC 04-15-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Absolutely right.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 09:29 PM

the teams that filled voids with crappy veteran QBs, (Bills, Oakland, Arizona) all desperately need and are in the starting LT race, maybe not Oakland since they have the hulk, who might be too big/slow for LT, and more suited as a huge RT, but can play there, but Arizona has to protect their immobile veteran QB with a new LT and Buffalo needs help at o-line everywhere

our biggest selling point to the market to dangle the #1 seed is saying to teams they have their pick of Joeckel or Fisher, but I think teams are going to hold us hostage, force us to pick and if the Chiefs dont pick either, than both of them are sitting at #2 or #3 and that makes it more attractive for a team to pick.

So we kind of have to threaten the market that we will take Joeckel or Fisher, in fear that only one of them will be left at 2 or 3.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590519)
Joe Kruger.

I think he's got a real future in an attacking 34 like Sutton is going to run.

Dude has a high motor, high athleticism, good instincts, plays nasty and strong.

I'd love to see him on this team.

Yeah, my fault.

I think he could bulk up and play the 5 tech, with Richardson at the 3, and Poe at NT.

Jackson, Devito, Kruger, Poe, Powe, Richardson, and Richard Seymour would be a great rotation.

BossChief 04-15-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9590277)

Luck had a history of a pro style offense with pro style coaching, showed on tape that he was a consistently good runner of the ball when his receivers were covered and understood the game/pro concepts better than nearly any qb of recent memory.

Geno comes from a gimmick air raid offense that didn't utilize under center formations much, he refused to fully utilize his physical skill set to it's utmost potential by not running with the ball enough to take advantage of defenses keying on the short passing game and had a couple bad games against ranked opponents coughpeytonmanningcough.

Let me ask you this...

If Geno Smith went to Stanford...how much different would his perception be as a prospect?

When Geno went to WV, they ran a pro style offense and he EXCELLED at it...through no fault of his, they moved to an air raid pistol and spread formations and he destroyed worlds with it.

If he would have been able to stay in a pro style offense his whole college career, who knows what happens.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9590549)
Luck had a history of a pro style offense with pro style coaching, showed on tape that he was a consistently good runner of the ball when his receivers were covered and understood the game/pro concepts better than nearly any qb of recent memory.

Geno comes from a gimmick air raid offense that didn't utilize under center formations much, he refused to fully utilize his physical skill set to it's utmost potential by not running with the ball enough to take advantage of defenses keying on the short passing game and had a couple bad games against ranked opponents coughpeytonmanningcough.

Let me ask you this...

If Geno Smith went to Stanford...how much different would his perception be as a prospect?

When Geno went to WV, they ran a pro style offense and he EXCELLED at it...through no fault of his, they moved to an air raid pistol and spread formations and he destroyed worlds with it.

If he would have been able to stay in a pro style offense his whole college career, who knows what happens.

Or if he just would have played well in big games maybe things would be different.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 09:32 PM

where are we getting Richard Seymour and with what money

is he going to play for free? did i miss something

O.city 04-15-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9590555)
where are we getting Richard Seymour and with what money

is he going to play for free? did i miss something

I dont' know where the money is coming from for these LB's we just signed, so **** it, he'll come on the cheap.

penbrook 04-15-2013 09:33 PM

Dorsey has said he hasnt ruled out Geno. The only person they met with for a TWO DAY visit was Geno.

He compared Geno to the Rodgers situation. The way I see it is that Clark and Dorsey have a hard on for Geno while Reid has a hard on for Alex Smith and a bag of Cheetos.

keg in kc 04-15-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590554)
Or if he just would have played well in big games maybe things would be different.

He was awful in the Orange Bowl.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:34 PM

Your and idiot.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590559)
I dont' know where the money is coming from for these LB's we just signed, so **** it, he'll come on the cheap.

these crappy LBers come cheap, like NFL bare minimum barely make the final 53 man roster cheap. Richard Seymour will cost millions even for 1 year.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9590481)
No it's not.

23 teams didn't think that Rogers was worth a first round pick. And I guarantee you that all 23 of those teams would give their left nut to have him now.

If you are suggesting that there is a reason why we aren't getting offers of multiple first rounders for Geno, it's because teams don't think that he's worth that much. Same as Rogers not being worth a first rounder to those 23 teams.

I don't see how you can say "bullshit" to that.

I can say "Bullshit" because they're completely different players with completely different circumstances.

JFC.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9590564)
He was awful in the Orange Bowl.

Sure. He was great in that game.

When the pressure was on and he was the Heisman shoe in, things went downhill. It is what it is.

penbrook 04-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9590559)

True. Seems like Dorsey keeps signing players and he gets this money where. Who knows whats next Charles Woodson and Bart Scott.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590562)
Dorsey has said he hasnt ruled out Geno. The only person they met with for a TWO DAY visit was Geno.

He compared Geno to the Rodgers situation. The way I see it is that Clark and Dorsey have a hard on for Geno while Reid has a hard on for Alex Smith and a bag of Cheetos.

Why are you so reeruned. Serious question.

O.city 04-15-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9590567)
I can say "Bullshit" because they're completely different players with completely different circumstances.

JFC.

So pretty much any player statement made on CP can be met with "Bullshit"?

mcaj22 04-15-2013 09:36 PM

fitting you asked that right after he said Charles Woodson and Bart Scott lol

BossChief 04-15-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

He said nobody distanced themselves from the pack during the season.

That has obviously changed after the combine and workouts/visits because 95% of mocks have Geno as the first qb taken.

penbrook 04-15-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9590572)
Why are you so reeruned. Serious question.

Why is a Jags fan hanging out on a Chiefs forum?

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9590581)
Why is a Jags fan hanging out on a Chiefs forum?

Same reason why I go to the zoo.